275 replies to this topic

#21 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 13 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Except this isn't an MMO, this game encourages exploring, but also loves kicking your behind if you wander off somewhere where you shouldnt.

Hey, at least it wasn't like Oblivion where the enemies level up with you. That was a pain.

Heard that one too many times

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#22 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

From the different ways I've chosen to play so far my favorite has to be a caster. Using my hands as a flamethrower is awesome and when the time calls electricity, ice etc. Summoning weapons, zombies and whatnot is also fun to play around with although not as effective as destruction magic. I started as a caster wearing heavy armor but quickly switched the armor for the magical buffs rather then survivability. Very slowing making my way through the main quests just doing all the side quests I can find. Dragons are great, specially when you're in a fight with a group of imperial soldiers and everyone starts attacking the dragon, or when you kite a dragon into a giant. The shouts are integrated well and the first one you get is very useful as a caster, although my favorite so far has got to be ice. Shouting at things till they turn to ice is fun.

Well that's my brief review of my experiences with the game so far. Other then that, how in the world did you think this game was an MMO...? I'm baffled.

JLHza2T.png

#23 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

@Sakura Lover, Cloud..... Guys. No fighting on this thread. DO NOT make me close the thread for my most beloved game ever :/
I will not be in a good mood if you force me to do that. And you guys wont like me when i'm in a bad
mood.....

Now with that outta the way. Omg this game is effin amazing. bug ridden and hillariously badly animated at times..
but Gawd is it epic. with all its flaws its like the best open world rpg ever. light years beyond oblivion.....

P.p.s:- I'm curious as well. how the heck does someone mistake skyrim for an mmo ? o_0

#24 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Nov 13 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Sakura Lover, Cloud..... Guys. No fighting on this thread. DO NOT make me close the thread for my most beloved game ever :/
I will not be in a good mood if you force me to do that. And you guys wont like me when i'm in a bad
mood.....

Now with that outta the way. Omg this game is effin amazing. bug ridden and hillariously badly animated at times..
but Gawd is it epic. with all its flaws its like the best open world rpg ever. light years beyond oblivion.....

P.p.s:- I'm curious as well. how the heck does someone mistake skyrim for an mmo ? o_0

Shoo I didn't read too much into it, spending too much time looking at Guild Wars 2 which is taking time to release its demo (demo will be released before 2012, thats all I know)

2XtVwF6.png

#25 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 12 2011, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My statement is of opinion sir, and you call it ignorance? I think your a little more than just greed.

Topic: As for the game, even though I didn't get it, with all the amazing gameplay and cutscenes I've seen from it so far, I'm giving it a 10/10 for it being a game made in 2011, because you can't ask for more from a game (in 2011) when they give you the storylines, graphics, and 1 million quest that Skyrim is handing us.

Side-note: If anyone is looking for some great gameplay look up these names on youtube- BlueXephos (Yogscast), OMFGcata (Jesse Cox), and RydarGames. Those 3 are the main 3 channels/people I know with a good channel that are getting a nice number of viewers/likes/subscribers from making these gameplays. So if you want gameplay of this game that pulls you into the storyline, then check these channels out.

Right here you say you've seen gameplay and cutscenes. Just a glance at the game and anyone can tell it's not an mmo. huh.gif

JLHza2T.png

#26 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Nov 13 2011, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right here you say you've seen gameplay and cutscenes. Just a glance at the game and anyone can tell it's not an mmo. huh.gif

So is it just singleplayer story mode?

2XtVwF6.png

#27 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 13 2011, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/facepalm

I'm just gonna leave that one alone...

#28 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 13 2011, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My early comment of ignorance still stands. And now even more so.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#29 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 13 2011, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/facepalm

I'm just gonna leave that one alone...

Can you answer it? wow.png

@Omega: hehe, my points stand clear too, I think you could of explained instead of used harshness, but I guess you like when mods have to ban people..

2XtVwF6.png

#30 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 13 2011, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Omega: hehe, my points stand clear too, I think you could of explained instead of used harshness, but I guess you like when mods have to ban people..

What is there to explain? You keep contributing to the thread and yet you ask if the game is a single player game only. As for banning, I haven't had an issue on this forum yet. My tone might be condescending, but I'm still being respectful and have not said anything that isn't factual.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#31 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

I haven't played the game nor any other games from the series but to answer your question SakuraLover, yes.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#32 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Nov 14 2011, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is there to explain? You keep contributing to the thread and yet you ask if the game is a single player game only. As for banning, I haven't had an issue on this forum yet. My tone might be condescending, but I'm still being respectful and have not said anything that isn't factual.

I said I didn't read much into this game, thats a fact I'm putting on myself, its almost like ur saying I told you I was a know it all, infact, if I may add, I don't know nothing from the much earlier games. Just getting into Elder Scrolls, and I thought the cats were a weird thing to be in the mix of a dragon/empire fighting game like this one, that is all. Again, I say, why call it ingorance instead of saying why I was just wrong, or are you trying to be alpha material on a thread? In honesty I wanna be your friend, but if you keep causing trouble over this then fine by me, I'll just leave this thread and carry on with my Naruto debates.

@No WhereMan: thanks. happy.gif

Edited by Sakura Lover, 14 November 2011 - 12:48 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#33 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

You know, I already had very little free time.

But then between this and TOR I have had ZERO free time. None. Even getting less sleep than I probably should.

The worst thing? Saints Row: The Third comes out on the 15th!

ARGH!

#34 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Nov 13 2011, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, I already had very little free time.

But then between this and TOR I have had ZERO free time. None. Even getting less sleep than I probably should.

The worst thing? Saints Row: The Third comes out on the 15th!

ARGH!

Painful I know...I was looking at this and between this, Arkham City and U3. My time will be invisible. When TOR drops, I will owe other people time.

#35 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:25 AM

Lol, can't believe someone who kept going on and on about this game didn't know it wasn't an MMO, facepalm at its finest....

Anyway, just got the game, but my bro has first dibs, considering it's his early birthday present. So far, I'm impressed by anything I've seen. I'm very eager to actually play the game though.... And then, picking up Revelations either at Monday midnight or on Tuesday... Man, so many games.....

I want to use that electricity, though.... Practice my Palpatine impression. XD

Anyone got that Storm Shout power yet?

Also, I saw someone write that companions aren't flagged essential? Is that true?

#36 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 14 2011, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, can't believe someone who kept going on and on about this game didn't know it wasn't an MMO, facepalm at its finest....

Anyway, just got the game, but my bro has first dibs, considering it's his early birthday present. So far, I'm impressed by anything I've seen. I'm very eager to actually play the game though.... And then, picking up Revelations either at Monday midnight or on Tuesday... Man, so many games.....

Also, I saw someone write that companions aren't flagged essential? Is that true?

I would say more, but I'll just drop it here since I think its better to keep my opinions to myself here now, and because I'm listening to what the mod said about stopping the fighting we got in here. Also getting Guild Wars 2 so I don't care if I'm losing a Skyrim battle.. hope everyone has fun with this game tho, it sure does look fun. Hope we got some Guild Wars 2 fans in here, if not then your just missing out... wow I'm off topic.

edit: @shadow Uzumaki: "RydarGames" on youtube will use Storm Shout power in his next "Lets Play Skyrim" video, which should be out in about a few minutes/hours

Edited by Sakura Lover, 14 November 2011 - 02:34 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#37 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 13 2011, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny enough I have a app on my phone that has several Star Wars soundbites. One of my favorites is the "Unnnlimited...POWA!!!!!!"

But since I don't want to get flagged for going off topic, feel free to continue talks about TOR in the TOR topic. smile.gif

Edited by No WhereMan, 14 November 2011 - 02:51 AM.

#38 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Nov 13 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny enough I have a app on my phone that has several Star Wars soundbites. One of my favorites is the "Unnnlimited...POWA!!!!!!"

But since I don't want to get flagged for going off topic, feel free to continue talks about TOR in the TOR topic. smile.gif

Lol, nah, I saw that you have an electricity spell in the game too, I just know I'll get the urge to say Palpy's line when I use it.

And judging by this video, giants are more feared by dragons by players...

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 14 November 2011 - 03:14 AM.

#39 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 14 2011, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And judging by this video, giants are more feared by dragons by players...

Lol, stay the kitten away from giants!
I noticed that wandering giants don't mind my presence when I get near them, so those are harmless. But giants gattered on campfires are quite territorial, and will go hostile if you get too close, so it's better to just take an alternative route. Players who do this should be safe.

And yes Shadow, companions are not essential, when their health reachs zero they will get knocked on their knees, and will only recover after combat is over. Fortunately, when you are fighting one or two enemies, they tend to get their attention on you, but if you are fighting a dragon, or you are being swarmed by many enemies, your companion is usually killed.

Edited by alexander, 14 November 2011 - 11:32 AM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#40 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

i love trolling the giants lol. They carry decent loot smile.gif
just having a fully powered unrelenting force shout is enough
to knock em off their feet. then spamming them with lightning
bolts does the job biggrin.gif. Gawd i love being a mage in this game......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users