97 replies to this topic

#41 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:07 PM

Given the nature of this manga, I wouldn't be surprised if I find out some secrets about that uncle.

Yup. Everyone has their secrets...

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#42 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

I also believe is because she's hidding his identity. And his family identity. As how it were a story from "real life".

Look, we got a bit of him:

spoiler

Yeahh...

Yes I figured that as much its pretty obvious that's how she builds up and keeps the suspense . This kind of story telling technique is used also in some Psychological Drama Thrillers series/movies  were the author doesn't reveal the character or the culprit until the last moment  so it keeps the suspense/tension ongoing . I personally like that very much XD .

Holly kitten  that art is a killer its really really awesome so realistic its of the hook XD  And Punpun in that sketch looks good to WoW !!!  Now this I like it very much XD It would have been much better  imo if she used a bland face figure then a freaking Bird but that's just me :P .  

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#43 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:28 PM

Yes I figured that as much its pretty obvious that's how she builds up and keeps the suspense . This kind of story telling technique is used also in some Psychological Drama Thrillers series/movies  were the author doesn't reveal the character or the culprit until the last moment  so it keeps the suspense/tension ongoing . I personally like that very much XD .

Holly kitten  that art is a killer its really really awesome so realistic its of the hook XD  And Punpun in that sketch looks good to WoW !!!  Now this I like it very much XD It would have been much better  imo if she used a bland face figure then a freaking Bird but that's just me :P .  

I wasn't refering to the suspense but more like...imagine that it were a real story trying to be told by one of the protagonists. You can't reveal the real name. Something like that.
And this made me think about it even more:

spoiler

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#44 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

I wasn't refering to the suspense but more like...imagine that it were a real story trying to be told by one of the protagonists. You can't reveal the real name. Something like that.
And this made me think about it even more:

spoiler

But that is exactly what I'm telling you in a way , in the end the character/protagonist has to come out of the shadow  since its his story he's telling right !? You keep it hidden for a reason to keep you wonder , but you reveal it in the end when you're resolving your plot  . I mean that's not always the case it depends of how the story is told but its done most of the time , it all depends of the narration and who's doing it . Arghhhhhh !!! Its kind of complicated to explain LOL XD .

Hahahahaha !!! Can't say she's wrong about it , it is a bit of a to much and a joke  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: .

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#45 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:13 AM

But that is exactly what I'm telling you in a way , in the end the character/protagonist has to come out of the shadow  since its his story he's telling right !? You keep it hidden for a reason to keep you wonder , but you reveal it in the end when you're resolving your plot  . I mean that's not always the case it depends of how the story is told but its done most of the time , it all depends of the narration and who's doing it . Arghhhhhh !!! Its kind of complicated to explain LOL XD .

Hahahahaha !!! Can't say she's wrong about it , it is a bit of a to much and a joke  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: .

No, it's different. We never know who Punpun is. One thing is hidding it until you reveal it and another is hidding it because you don't want to reveal it.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#46 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:23 AM

No, it's different. We never know who Punpun is. One thing is hidding it until you reveal it and another is hidding it because you don't want to reveal it.

Well I did say that that depends on the author and narration/foreshadowing like I said  so I can't really tell since I haven't read it , but its mostly used for that purpose  but also sometimes its not its stays like  that  so yeah that's solely on the author's choice like in this case XD .

So Punpun stays portrayed as a freaking chicken till the end  LOL that's jolly good :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:.  

Edited by NarutoFireFoxUzumaki, 03 March 2015 - 12:24 AM.

Posted Image                                                            

#47 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

Well I did say that that depends on the author and narration/foreshadowing like I said  so I can't really tell since I haven't read it , but its mostly used for that purpose  but also sometimes its not its stays like  that  so yeah that's solely on the author's choice like in this case XD .

So Punpun stays portrayed as a freaking chicken till the end  LOL that's jolly good :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:.  

You will see his body, but not his face.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#48 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:32 AM

You will see his body, but not his face.

So its author's choice he wanted to stay hidden then  :zaru: . Though there is usually foreshadowing and build up in cases like this if the author plans to reveal its face , if not  then its ok even if she ends it up like this  it doesn't change anything XD .

I'm going to bed now goodnight Khaleesi XD . 

Posted Image                                                            

#49 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

So its author's choice he wanted to stay hidden then  :zaru: . Though there is usually foreshadowing and build up in cases like this if the author plans to reveal its face , if not  then its ok even if she ends it up like this  it doesn't change anything XD .

I'm going to bed now goodnight Khaleesi XD . 

Sighs. The thing is that is probably hidden because she wanted to be show it as a real-life story being told.
You are so simple  :hm: Go to sleep, your Raika sucks  :hm:

Edited by theunburnt, 03 March 2015 - 12:36 AM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#50 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

Sighs. The thing is that is probably hidden because she wanted to be show it as a real-life story being told.
You are so simple  :hm: Go to sleep, your Raika sucks  :hm:

Who knows but yeah probably still doesn't change much even if she did  :P .

You're so Complex and Evil !!!  :argh: How can you insult my precious Rakia   :twitch:  :smack:   Now I'm going to bed crying  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: .

Posted Image                                                            

#51 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:51 AM

Who knows but yeah probably still doesn't change much even if she did  :P .

You're so Complex and Evil !!!  :argh: How can you insult my precious Rakia   :twitch:  :smack:   Now I'm going to bed crying  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: .

It changes everything because it's not the same as what you were saying  :hm:

You are a bad Jorah  :hm:

ASGFDGSAFFDAS :c bye

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#52 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:58 AM

It changes everything because it's not the same as what you were saying  :hm:

You are a bad Jorah  :hm:

ASGFDGSAFFDAS :c bye

I was talking more about literature technique in what way she used it but in the end  I said I Agree with you  in here :P  uD2pAz3.png .

But Jorah still loves you Khaleesi   :wub:   Byeeeee !!!  :argh:  :wave: .

Posted Image                                                            

#53 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:00 AM

I was talking more about literature technique in what way she used it but in the end  I said I Agree with you  in here :P  uD2pAz3.png .

But Jorah still loves you Khaleesi   :wub:   Byeeeee !!!  :argh:  :wave: .

Khaleesi loves Jorah too even if he's a kittening pain in the ass :c

:wave:

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#54 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:04 AM

Khaleesi loves Jorah too even if he's a kittening pain in the ass :c

:wave:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:   :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave: .

Posted Image                                                            

#55 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

What do you think of this talk?

spoiler

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#56 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

What do you think of this talk?

spoiler

That entire scene pissed me off. That guy pisses me off. And now she has to carry a mini him around wherever she goes. He was an emotionally abusive a*s. 

Edited by Pix, 04 March 2015 - 10:32 PM.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#57 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

I can't really say cause I didn't read the whole story. I don't know what the male and female character are doing in their life and how they feel about it.

One thing I agree is that taking risks are necessary. But Japanese people hate taking risks. And I can even say that Japanese people prefer a constant no-changing life over happiness. However that's a false sense of security. Japan is NOT a stable country. The new generation won't be able to receive pension by the time they're old. The big companies now are starting to show their inefficiency and the inability to compete in the global world. They think making things smaller and higher quality will still attract buyers. Their business model is the same when it's the business model instead of the products that needs to change. So people who are relying on the country(and their big companies) instead of taking risks are in the most dangerous situation. As Saotome say, they don't have the right to complain when they haven't taken any necessary risks to change their future.

I'm answering you here so we don't get off topic in the other thread.
Well, we don't see much more from Saotome, this is the only time he talks. As how he says, he's Sachi's ex-husband. She's an artist and wants to draw a manga. Punpun...well, Punpun isn't doing really anything. He was helping Sachi with her story. He wrote the story and Sachi drew it.
They are there talking because Saotome found Punpun in Sachi's department like this:

igoodnight_punpun_v010_p100.jpg

He contacted her and all that happened.

Anyway, I wanted your opinion because people could say anything about Saotome but that's mostly because it's not our reality. Japan is different.

Edited by theunburnt, 05 March 2015 - 12:35 AM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#58 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:37 AM

I'm answering you here so we don't get of topic in the other thread.
Well, we don't see much more from Saotome, this is the only time he talks. As how he says, he's Sachi's ex-husband. She's an artist and wants to draw a manga. Punpun...well, Punpun isn't doing really anything. He was helping Sachi with her story. He wrote the story and Sachi drew it.
They are there talking because Saotome found Punpun in Sachi's department like this:
igoodnight_punpun_v010_p100.jpg

He contacted her and all that happened.
Anyway, I wanted your opinion because people could say anything about Saotome but that's mostly because it's not our reality. Japan is different.

Oh I see. What are the people's opinion of Saotome? I don't see any problem with him other than the part that he is blunt and speaks without consideration of what the other people might feel. Oh and he shouldn't really pry into something that isn't his business. But he's only giving people a reality check.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 05 March 2015 - 12:41 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#59 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

Oh I see. What are the people's opinion of Saotome? I don't see any problem with him other than the part that he is blunt and speaks without consideration of what the other people might feel. But he's only giving people a reality check.

Well... This:

That entire scene pissed me off. That guy pisses me off. And now she has to carry a mini him around wherever she goes. He was an emotionally abusive a*s. 

Also, Pix. Sachi will never tell him, so it's not like the kid would be anything like the father? 

Edited by theunburnt, 05 March 2015 - 12:42 AM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#60 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

Well... This:

Also, Pix. Sachi will never tell him, so it's not like the kid would be anything like the father? 

True. But seriously I hate it when despicable characters never get what they deserve. (Which is why I hate Tokyo Ghoul sometimes)

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oyasumi punpun, manga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users