• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

What are the most tear-jerking moments of all manga or anime that you have read or watched (the ending of Naruto does not count. It was sad for ALL wrong reasons)?

This scene of "Lone Wolf and Cub" is one of the saddest and most touching ones that I remember. It gets me EVERY TIME:

lone-wolf-and-cub-1626716.jpg

lone-wolf-and-cub-1626718.jpg

lone-wolf-and-cub-1626722.jpg

I also shed a tear whenever I read this (from Maison Ikkoku) even if it is happier:

MI_09_08_40.jpg

MI_09_08_41.jpg

MI_09_08_42.jpg

Or when in the "Mazinger-Z versus Great General of Darkness" Kouji cried the night before the last battle, saying that he knew that he could not win and that he would die but he would fight not matter what.

Or that scene of Fist of the North Star where Kenshiro mutters that he lives in a world where children get murdered by a sip of water (although that manga -even if it is renowned by its bloody action- is chockfull with sad moments. Another of them was when Rei said that he did not care for dying if he could guarantee that his unrequited love was able to live freely and happily, even if it was only for a short while).

Or when in Evangelion Asuka was lying naked on a tube after slitting her wrists, remembering her mother's dead and thiking that she had no reason for living because she was nothing but a failure.

Or the death of Heinel in Voltes-V. He was betrayed by the emperor that he loyally served, his subordinates are killed, his lover is dead, he decides that he is going down fighting but he finds out that he was pitted against his father and brothers, and finally dies by burning.

These are some of the moments that got me impressed the most and stuck to my memory. I wonder what are other people's.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#2 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Grave of the fieflies...nuff' said

the feels...

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#3 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

Clannad After Story. It's hard to seriously make me cry, but that'll do it. First you fall in love with the characters, then you suffer when they suffer and you cry when they cry.

Crona's fate in Soul Eater...okay, I was super attached to Crona. Crona just...brought out the "let me hug you and love you and protect you forever" in me, and it tore me apart what happened to him (or her).

Angel Beats, particularly the part about Yuri's family. The entire thing was almost the same sort of feelsy as Clannad, though.

*thinks of others, and this post will be edited accordingly*

Edited by questdrivencollie, 15 January 2015 - 02:06 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#4 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

Or when in Evangelion Asuka was lying naked on a tube after slitting her wrists, remembering her mother's dead and thiking that she had no reason for living because she was nothing but a failure.

This one in Eva is also pretty heartbreaking...

and also

spoiler

Clannad After Story.

this one too...nuff said

Edited by Nar123, 15 January 2015 - 02:01 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

Grave of the fieflies...nuff' said

the feels...

I seriously got to see it. I'm ashamed of not seeing it.

Clannad After Story. It's hard to seriously make me cry, but that'll do it.

Crona's fate in Soul Eater...okay, I was super attached to Crona.

Indeed. I shed. I remember thinking myself, "Do I want to be a dad?" It's kind of scary the more I thought about it. Lol. But really, it did it for me.

#6 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:16 PM

Clannad and Aikitteneruze Baby.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#7 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:46 AM

For me Mawaru PenguinDrum has the most emotion-provoking ending of any anime I've seen. I've rewatched it now...three times? And every time: gross sobbing.

Other scenes that come to mind:

Death of Ulquiorra in bleach

Mogamett's final wish in Magi

The end of the Chimera Ant Arc in Hunter x Hunter

#8 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:03 AM

For me Mawaru PenguinDrum has the most emotion-provoking ending of any anime I've seen. I've rewatched it now...three times? And every time: gross sobbing.

Other scenes that come to mind:

Death of Ulquiorra in bleach

Mogamett's final wish in Magi

The end of the Chimera Ant Arc in Hunter x Hunter

Really? I did not cry when Mogamett died he was wicked man. 

But as for me, the last time I cried was when I read the last chapter of Tokyo Ghoul because Kaneki Ken.  

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#9 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:03 AM

Really? I did not cry when Mogamett died he was wicked man. 

You might not have liked him personally, but it's clear the author's intent was for him to be redeemed. Or at the very least, for his motives to be sympathetic. His backstory was honestly one of the most tragic in the series.

-----------------

My List

-Graveyard of the Fireflies: Whole Movie

-Penguindrum: The lamb analogy/story

-Rave Master: Reina, Hardner's Revelation

-Bleach: Five Lifetimes Confession

-Fairy Tail: Pretty much any Character death kills me

-Magi: Mogamett's Backstory, Alma Torran Massacre (that poor child x.x)

-One Piece: Usopp Leaving, Merry's Death (that ship had more development than Naru/Hina ;_;) 

Probably some more I'm missing. The events only really make sense if you followed the series, but I'm too lazy to go into detail.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#10 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

Clannad After Story. It's hard to seriously make me cry, but that'll do it. First you fall in love with the characters, then you suffer when they suffer and you cry when they cry.

Angel Beats, particularly the part about Yuri's family. The entire thing was almost the same sort of feelsy as Clannad, though.

Both Clannad AS and Angel Beats have tear jerking moments that just hit your heart.

Without spoiling too much about it in case no one has seen it yet because its fairly recent.

The ending of SAO 2 Mother's Rosario arc.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#11 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

You might not have liked him personally, but it's clear the author's intent was for him to be redeemed. Or at the very least, for his motives to be sympathetic. His backstory was honestly one of the most tragic in the series.

-----------------

My List

-Graveyard of the Fireflies: Whole Movie

-Penguindrum: The lamb analogy/story

-Rave Master: Reina, Hardner's Revelation

-Bleach: Five Lifetimes Confession

-Fairy Tail: Pretty much any Character death kills me

-Magi: Mogamett's Backstory, Alma Torran Massacre (that poor child x.x)

-One Piece: Usopp Leaving, Merry's Death (that ship had more development than Naru/Hina ;_;) 

Probably some more I'm missing. The events only really make sense if you followed the series, but I'm too lazy to go into detail.

Yeah I guess so cause I honestly didn't care about Obito dying either. Unpopular opinion.... :(

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#12 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

When Ulquiorra from Bleach died. It loses its power after a few times but it was very depressing when I first saw it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users