Close
Photo

What was the first anime you've ever watched?

Anime Manga First

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Yeah I remember it, I never was a fan of it but I do indeed remember it.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#22 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Oh geez to be honest I don't remember which was my first anime. Though it had to be one of these: Totoro, Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop. I watched them all when I was just a little girl (around 6-7ish?) so I don't remember which was my first lol. What I can tell you is the first anime I was really into which was Cowboy Bebop. The music was fantastic and it was the only anime my sister ever watched with me (besides Hayao Miyazaki films) so I had some good memories with her.

Funny thing, I didn't read/watch Naruto until I was like 13 years old. The manga was already 6 years old at the time I think. It was only after reading Naruto that I really got into the anime/manga craze and drawing all the time lol.

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#23 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

The beginning of everything for me: 

Saint Seiya.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#24 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Dragonball Z was the first I really watched that I can remember. Though now that I think about it, I think I saw Spirited Away before that.

#25 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

The beginning of everything for me: 

Saint Seiya.

Lol I use to watch Los Caballeros del Zodiaco too XD

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#26 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

The first anime I watched was Inuyasha on Adult Swim.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#27 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

I don't remember, I think it was doraemon or astroboy.

#28 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

First anime was Sailor Moon.

#29 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

Ok, so I was told the first anime I've ever watched was Akira. My dad had been watching me and really wanted to see Akira, so I was about 4 and he took me to a local theater that was showing it.

Growing up, I remember watching Voltron, Dragonball, Sailormoon, and Transformers. By the time realized I want anime was about the time I was eleven. I was watching a week long anime marathon on Sci-Fi channel, that started with Iria- Zeiram the animation.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#30 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

I remember watching Toonami for the first time and they had Ravemaster airing. Loved that show.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#31 Hiddlestoner

Hiddlestoner

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, procrastinating, Coffee,
    Tom Hiddleston, Beelzebub, Indie Music, Books

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

First anime I've watched was doraemon which is soon followed with akazukin cha-cha, speed racer, sailor moon, dragonball, wedding peach, chibi maruko, kimba the white lion and pokemon.

NaruSaku; Sasuhina; SasuKarin; OgaHilda; LokiNatasha; EnishiKaoru; IchiRuki

d21161ff597ca91989fc50b7b64eb588.jpg

#32 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

pokemon, doraemon, crayon shin chan, cardcaptor sakura.. in that order.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#33 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

naruto clash in the land of snow

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#34 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

My first one was FMA. After that, gosh, I can't even remember... I think Naruto was after that, actually, then Bleach maybe? IDK. I just know FMA was my first! But before that I watched Avatar. It was my gateway drug :3 hehe

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#35 shadowlife

shadowlife

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga,NaruSaku, fitness, computers, programming, cars, history, games, etc, etc, etc.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

The first ones I recall ever watching were Mazinger-Z and  Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman.  At the time I didn't know what anime was.  I was between the ages of 5 and 7.  Later on, it was transformers, and gundam.  There may be a few others, but I am having trouble recalling at the moment, that was back in the early 80s afterall. It was a very long time ago for me.  At about age 9, I learned what anime was and started to appreciate it more and wanted to watch that in favor of other cartoons.  Around 10 years old(give or take), I became engrossed with Voltron, Robotech/Macross, GoShogun/Macron1, and there are a few others that come to mind.  Definitely good times.  Got my daughter turned onto anime when she was only 5 years old starting with Sailor Moon.  Our tastes in anime tend to differ.  However, there are a few we both enjoy, Naruto being one of them.

Edited by shadowlife, 14 August 2014 - 10:35 PM.

#36 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

@shadowlife - Same for me. G-Force/Battle of the Planets was the first when — when I was a kid too, but it still made such an impression on me. Then Voltron and Robotech. I remember I loved both of those, and not knowing exactly why...just that they were different from everything else on tv. (Just remembered, I also loved Belle and Sebastian, about the same mid-80s time period.)

Saw Nausicaa Valley of the Wind in the late 80s on HBO and that rocked my world. Watched it over and over. Looking back, I'm glad I saw that anime when I was the same age as the main character. It made it that much more important to me. I didn't even know what Studio Ghibli was until I saw Spirited Away. And though I've watched so many more Studio Ghibli movies now (and loved them all) Nausicaa holds a special place for me.

It's hard to understate how different watching anime in the 80s was as compared to now. Then, it was just a blip in the afternoon cartoon programming. It wasn't even called anime. Just cartoons. Only if you really loved them did you know there was something different. Long-running storylines, that beautiful cinematic animation (like the opening of Robotech). Just different. But as a kid, you didn't have a name for it (not even the term 'anime'), you didn't know anyone else who like it except maybe a few classmates, and it could taken out of programming at the drop of a hat. Gone, never to be seen again. 

I think discovering an anime wedged in between the Flintstones and Scooby Doo made it feel much more like you'd discovered a diamond in the rough. It made you feel like it was something you had to be home, waiting to watch, because the next day it might not be there anymore. 

Anyway, sometimes it still amazes me how easy it is to watch anime, google info about more shows to come, the voice actor's lives, the manga that inspired it, etc, etc, etc. I've passed my love of anime on to my daughter, and she watches what she wants, when she wants. Lol - so different than my first experiences!!

#37 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:46 AM

It's hard to understate how different watching anime in the 80s was as compared to now. Then, it was just a blip in the afternoon cartoon programming. It wasn't even called anime. Just cartoons. Only if you really loved them did you know there was something different. Long-running storylines, that beautiful cinematic animation (like the opening of Robotech). Just different. But as a kid, you didn't have a name for it (not even the term 'anime'), you didn't know anyone else who like it except maybe a few classmates, and it could taken out of programming at the drop of a hat. Gone, never to be seen again. 

I think discovering an anime wedged in between the Flintstones and Scooby Doo made it feel much more like you'd discovered a diamond in the rough. It made you feel like it was something you had to be home, waiting to watch, because the next day it might not be there anymore. 

I think this even carried over in the early '90s. When I saw New Dominion Tank Police on this special week long promo channel, it was unlike any cartoon I had ever watched.

It was unique, different and it was before anime had become close to what it is now where it is recognizable by a larger audience.

I've heard from anime podcasters that the best way to find animes in the 80s/90s was on VHS and share/watch them in college anime clubs.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#38 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

Since people are talking about their first anime that they were aware was anime, mine would be Sonic X. I wasn't particularly interested in anime at the time, I only watched Sonic X because I was in the Sonic fandom for a while. It wasn't a very well done anime, either.

It wasn't until later on when a friend convinced me to check out FMA that I began to get hooked on anime.
tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#39 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Naruto

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#40 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world, blood, murder, darkness etc.

Not really.

Favorite Naruto characters: Rock Lee, Hinata, Guy, Kakashi, Gaara

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Pokemon was the first anime I saw and Dragon Ball Z was the first anime I saw that I knew was an anime.
BELIEVE IT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users