• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

Really? I know the anime is not for everybody but I thought it was pretty original in terms of its presentation and spectacular transition from LN to anime.

It is crazy how opinions can differ, right?  :happy: I know what some of my opinions about "bad" anime shows would raise several brows.

Personally I have a hard work tellilng what is the worst anime than I have ever watched. Throughout the years I have become pretty good spotting and/or avoiding shows that surely I would consider tripe. And when I watch some show that is exceptionally boring, dumb or whatever I erase it from my memory right away.

Moreover, I may be very forgiving with flaws IF  I am entertained enough. Hence, if I do not like a show it is likelier than I think that it is dumb and dull rather plainly bad.

But if I have to name a show that I watched and I found real bad, so bad that it stuck into my mind... The first that comes to mind is Evangelion.

... I heard that loud "WHAT?", you know.

Let me explain. I began watching it due to the hype that swore that it was absolutely great. And I like sci-fi and giant robot shows, so it could not fail, right?

The first half was entertaining but it was not at all great like fansites and websites proclaimed. Then the second half came... and it was a disaster. It was convoluted, full of plotholes and incoherences, mindscrews... and real boring (like I have said, I can forgive a lot if the show is funny). And I had not idea of why people thought that it was original. Everything -and I mean EVERYTHING (deconstructions, character archetypes, manipulative bastard parents, mentally unsound soldier kids that become steadily more unstable, organic sentient berserker mechas, souls locked into mechas, apocalypse where all dies, souls traveling to a higher plane of existence... you name it)- of that series had already been done many times before. Geez, Anno himseld said that Evangelion was a mix of Ideon and Devilman. And since we are on it, Asuka is a gender-flipped version of Tetsuya Tsurugi (same personality, background and motivations), a character created twenty years before. (I only can assume that many fans were young and they had never watched a robot show before -or they watched one or two shows when they were kids-, and their opinions of the mecha genre were based on preconceived ideas and archetypes. Thus, when they finally watched a show and it did not fit with their preconceived ideas of what a robot show is, they thought that it was fresh, different and original).

However, dozens of mediocre shows are made in Japan every year. This was only one of them. So I could have forgotten all about it. Buuuut, unlike other mediocre shows, fans of this particular mediocre show were VERY loud, praising anything about it, many proclaimed that it was the most mature anime show with the most complex characters made EVER, it was absolutely new and original (I have watched robot shows for three decades. It is not new or original. Nothing is) and many of them insulted me in a very offensive and pedantic fashion when I explained why I thought that it was bad ("you just hate it because you are too stupid to understand its extraordinaire complexity, maturity and depth") and they were uncapable of praising their favourite series without dissing other series or the whole genre (Honestly... "Show A is great because Genre B totally sucked before it" is never a good argument; actually it is probably factually fake).

So... you can tell what I was a victim of hype (I raised my expectations due to it) and fandom (I know, I know. Disrespectful, obnoxious zealots are always a -sadly- loud minority, and I should not judge the series or the whole fandom basing on them. I am not telling all Evangelion fans are like this. If you are an Evangelion fan that has always treated non-fans respectfully, then I am not talking about you, and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings) increased my disgust of a poor series, making that it stuck into my mind, unlike all other dull series that I have watched (and I have watched many dull series).

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#22 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

Sword Art Online it's another i have to add to the list.

The anime starts well, with it's dark setting theme, exploration and action filled, but after you get to episode 14 everything start changing the story starts to focus on romance and pairings, Kirito and Asuna's relationship everything start being an obstacle towards it, and start showing "muh feelings" everywhere up to the last episode.
The anime loses it's meaning and it's dark setting, and started focusing on love between characters and pointless drama plus less exploration and action.(which was the best part of the anime).

The plot is pratically non-existent.

About the second arc the episodes 18 - 25.

THis guy pretty muchs sums up the arc
"
Without going into spoilers, the 2nd part of the series takes place in a different setting, with a mostly new cast aside from our main hero. This part of the series probably deserves the award for most unnecessary story in the history of anime. This arc is pretty much a mario game. Our hero must save the princess in the castle. Not really much to say about it. Oh yeh deus ex machina finale here too...oh and there's an incest subplot...for some reason. This concludes the plot section. I think I'm being pretty generous with a 4 here. "

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 22 July 2014 - 11:37 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#23 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Hetalia. Takes a history book, spits on it, and rubs it in the face of people who act like know-it-alls even though neither their favourite anime or they understand an ounce of history. As a history-major, it infuriates me.

#24 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

Hetalia. Takes a history book, spits on it, and rubs it in the face of people who act like know-it-alls even though neither their favourite anime or they understand an ounce of history. As a history-major, it infuriates me.

Wow. Some one actually had the guts to say it.

(and i kinda agree)

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#25 deviouslyChaotic

deviouslyChaotic

Alex Turner turners me on

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:sleep.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

Peach girl. Ew.

tumblr_n963zefXMR1rab3jho5_r1_500.gif

"Suck it and see."

#26 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Probably Hamtaro. The eyes of the creatures just creeped me out.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#27 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world, blood, murder, darkness etc.

Not really.

Favorite Naruto characters: Rock Lee, Hinata, Guy, Kakashi, Gaara

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

That Bobobobobobobobobobobo crap made me want to FALCON PAUNCH my TV.
BELIEVE IT

#28 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

Sonic X.

Horrible writing, subpar animation

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#29 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

Hmm. I have to skim through my memory but if I had to state a really bad anime it would have to be ummm Blood +. Terrible.

Say WHAAAT? Blood+ was beautiful! Okay, it DID take me about 17 episodes to get into it, but I loved it! Haji and Saya were so beautiful together, and the music was AWESOME (I may or may not be biased because I happened to talk on the phone to the soundtrack's composer, Mark Mancina, a few months back, and he may or may not have agreed to listen to the symphony I wrote and then told me he thought it was really good, and he may or may not have given me a few contacts of composers to intern with in Cali when I go there for my masters in "Scoring for Television and Motion Pictures." Heheh)

Anyhoo, back to what I was gonna say... 

I'm not one who just sits down at an anime website and tries to find anime to watch because I'm bored. If I watch an anime, it's generally because it was recommended to me, and if I watch something that I find boring, I stop watching it, so IDK what's the worst anime I've ever watched... I generally avoid ones that make me want to shudder just by looking at them. 

Vampire Knight Guilty was annoying, but that was only because I loved it so much it made me angry.

Romeo x Juliet was kinda stupid, but it has some gorgeous music. It wasn't AWFUL though, just pretty stupid though Tybalt was gorge. 

I can't think of anything totally crappy I watched though. 

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#30 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

Sword art online.

Main cast:

Kirito = Gary Stu who attracts all the girls for whatever reason (even his sister!).

Asuna = starts of as a shy, mysterious and very skilled woman but turns into the generic helpless cute girl who is nothing without her man (Kirito).

BOOORING 

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#31 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

School Days no comment

Sword Art Online it was weird,I didn't like

NShippuden animation sucks now.

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#32 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Sword art online.

Main cast:

Kirito = Gary Stu who attracts all the girls for whatever reason (even his sister!).

Asuna = starts of as a shy, mysterious and very skilled woman but turns into the generic helpless cute girl who is nothing without her man (Kirito).

BOOORING 

Kirito ends up defeating Kayaba through Deus Ex Machina (the power of love overpowers even videogame rules, how about that), and then we go into another bullsh** arc that introduces a lot of other stupid kitten like IMOUTOS and TENTACLES and a pathetically cartoony and uncharismatic villain.

With that out of the way, the characters in SAO are all bad. Kirito is little more than a blank slate for anime and videogame otaku to project themselves onto; he has a super edgy black coat and sword, he has a SUPER SPESHUL DUBBL SWORDS power exclusive to him (so much for SAO being fair), all the girls want him, everyone wants to be him, he has a super kawaii waifu who cooks for him, gets to play parent with a not-really child, saves the day even though everything says he shouldn't be able to, etc. He's as dull as dishwater. Calling him the "Black Swordsman" is an insult to Guts, the actual Black swordsman, who is from an infinitely better series, is an infinitely better character, and is an actual badass IRL and not just dipkitten kid playing in a game.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#33 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

Worst anime I have ever watched? Umm, I would have to give it to Dragonball Z and Gurren Lagann.

I notice a lot of people mention Evangelion, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan and such with the reasons of how the plot kind of shallow and at times confusing, it is more about the gore, or the characters are too flat and too perfect or something like that. While I am not arguing that they are right or wrong, I am just want to say this...

All those complaints I see people make about those anime, Dragonball Z and Gurren Lagann crank all that up to 11.

Let me first explain Dragonball Z or I shall call it the "Micheal Bay of Anime."
The entire story is about Goku and how he trains to fight. Seems like an okay story and such, but soon you realize that it is the same plot over and over again. New stronger bad guy shows up, Goku trains to get stronger and beats opponent, the day is saved. Rinse and repeat. The plot gets really dumb at some points where you think that they could jsut solve the problem one way and yet they don't take that way. Goku is the Gary Stu in which he always the goodie goodie and he is always the strongest fighter that cannot be beat...or so Dragonball fanboys tell me. It's not all bad and there are some points I like, but the cons outweigh it. Not only that, but the Deus Ex Machina is a heavy element with the rules of said DEM changing each time it is used. I realized that this entire anime has a very shallow story and all it basically is is flamboyant with fight scenes and explosions. Gohan had potential to put some actual character into the show and it fell flat because the fanbase wanted Goku.

(Not only that, but Goku and the gang only seem to care about the Earth and nothing more.)

Then you have Gurren Lagann which basically just didn't care. They literally could do anything because they wanted to. There was no rhyme or reason on how it worked...it just did. I still cannot understand how two robots can fuse together because you just drilled one into the other. How does that work

Not only that, but the main character is literally god. He is the ultimate Gary Stu who can pretty much do whatever he wants all because he wills it. The most intresting characters in the show? They either are killed off rather easily or are forgotten. Not only that, but the series had to just kick me in the junk one last time where the main character who is god had the chance to bring everyone who died back to life and make the world better...only to decide not to because...he didn't feel like it. He could have lived a happy life with the ones he loved, but chose not to because he didn't want to.

I can accept a series that has no rules and does whatever it wants. If that is the theme, be my guest, but don't just pull a 180 and all of a sudden pretend that you give a dam when this whole time you pretty much did what you wanted. At least Dragonball Z abused that power and brought people back from the dead when they felt their death was unjustified.

So... you can tell what I was a victim of hype (I raised my expectations due to it) and fandom (I know, I know. Disrespectful, obnoxious zealots are always a -sadly- loud minority, and I should not judge the series or the whole fandom basing on them. I am not telling all Evangelion fans are like this. If you are an Evangelion fan that has always treated non-fans respectfully, then I am not talking about you, and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings) increased my disgust of a poor series, making that it stuck into my mind, unlike all other dull series that I have watched (and I have watched many dull series).

I think this is more of the hype ruining the product for you. That's just my opinion though. It the same with Dragonball Z. I used to the love the show a lot when I was younger and now because everyone hyped it so much I think so little of it.

Kirito ends up defeating Kayaba through Deus Ex Machina (the power of love overpowers even videogame rules, how about that), and then we go into another bullsh** arc that introduces a lot of other stupid kitten like IMOUTOS and TENTACLES and a pathetically cartoony and uncharismatic villain.

With that out of the way, the characters in SAO are all bad. Kirito is little more than a blank slate for anime and videogame otaku to project themselves onto; he has a super edgy black coat and sword, he has a SUPER SPESHUL DUBBL SWORDS power exclusive to him (so much for SAO being fair), all the girls want him, everyone wants to be him, he has a super kawaii waifu who cooks for him, gets to play parent with a not-really child, saves the day even though everything says he shouldn't be able to, etc. He's as dull as dishwater. Calling him the "Black Swordsman" is an insult to Guts, the actual Black swordsman, who is from an infinitely better series, is an infinitely better character, and is an actual badass IRL and not just dipkitten kid playing in a game.

Jesus, calm down, Dark. You are getting worked up over an anime. XD

It's funny how our logic is very similar, but we apply it to two different series.

I could say the same for Simon and his character arc type, but Simon breaks the rules of reality. Video Game is one thing, playing god is another which I find more undesirable. He literally can and do whatever he wants all because he "wills it to." Its messages are also really weird and the logic behind it is really...dumb.

"Don't believe in me that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in me that believes in you."

Me: Dot Dot Dot.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 16 August 2014 - 04:46 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#34 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

I never watched DB-Z.It didn't impress me and it was hella boring to me.But so  many people love this anime. :blink:

#35 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Worst anime I have ever watched? Umm, I would have to give it to Dragonball Z and Gurren Lagann.

I notice a lot of people mention Evangelion, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan and such with the reasons of how the plot kind of shallow and at times confusing, it is more about the gore, or the characters are too flat and too perfect or something like that. While I am not arguing that they are right or wrong, I am just want to say this...

All those complaints I see people make about those anime, Dragonball Z and Gurren Lagann crank all that up to 11.

Let me first explain Dragonball Z or I shall call it the "Micheal Bay of Anime."
The entire story is about Goku and how he trains to fight. Seems like an okay story and such, but soon you realize that it is the same plot over and over again. New stronger bad guy shows up, Goku trains to get stronger and beats opponent, the day is saved. Rinse and repeat. The plot gets really dumb at some points where you think that they could jsut solve the problem one way and yet they don't take that way. Goku is the Gary Stu in which he always the goodie goodie and he is always the strongest fighter that cannot be beat...or so Dragonball fanboys tell me. It's not all bad and there are some points I like, but the cons outweigh it. Not only that, but the Deus Ex Machina is a heavy element with the rules of said DEM changing each time it is used. I realized that this entire anime has a very shallow story and all it basically is is flamboyant with fight scenes and explosions. Gohan had potential to put some actual character into the show and it fell flat because the fanbase wanted Goku.

(Not only that, but Goku and the gang only seem to care about the Earth and nothing more.)

First off.

Goku is not a Gary Stu.

Second : The characters of Dragon Ball are charismatic and likeable.

Third : The plot is not good like you said but the charism and the fact the show starts not being demanding things like logic and explanation warns that he's not watching Naruto or some other shounen with start with logic.

In comparison with SAO, DBZ at least has charismatic characters and villains.

I never watched DB-Z.It didn't impress me and it was hella boring to me.But so  many people love this anime.  :blink:

DBZ was a classic of the anime, it belongs to a generation of other animes like YuYu Hakusho, Shurato, Saint Seiya, Samurai X and etc...

Many people has nostalgia towards DBZ.

However i dont watch it anymore it belongs to my childhood when i liked it nowadays i would not watch an anime like that but it's a classic to me.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 16 August 2014 - 04:46 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#36 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

DBZ was a classic of the anime, it belongs to a generation of other animes like YuYu Hakusho, Shurato, Saint Seiya, Samurai X and etc...

However i dont watch it anymore it belongs to my childhood when i liked it nowadays i would not watch an anime like that but it's a classic to me.

Yeah I know ,Kishi is influced by DBZ.But i didn't watch it when i was a child but i know that feeling.Sailor Moon and Pokemon are classic to me.

#37 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

First off.

Goku is not a Gary Stu.

Second : The characters of Dragon Ball are charismatic and likeable.

Third : The plot is not good like you said but the charism and the fact the show starts not being demanding things like logic and explanation warns that he's not watching Naruto or some other shounen with start with logic.

In comparison with SAO, DBZ at least has charismatic characters and villains.

Dark, I could say the same thing about Sword Art Online (which one day people will see as classical as Dragonball Z) and Evangelion (especially Evangelion), but that's your opinion is it not? You may see it as something different than others, but that doesn't mean you are correct. I don't like Dragonball Z and I completely disagree with everything you said. If you like the series that is perfectly fine, but I don't. I think the story fell extremely flat after the Frieza Saga and was just extremely pathetic with Deus Ex Machina of "let's just wish everyone back to life." There was no threat and no fear of lose at all. Even the Dragonball Abridged series cracks jokes about this all the time. Death? Pfff...Dragonballs.

Yamcha "You make it sound like death has no consequence..."
Tien: "It really doesn't. We're literally waiting to go back. Hell, this is Chouzu's second time."
Chaozu: "Next time, I get a free sundae."

Characters Charismatic and likable? Yeah, maybe for the first 5 minutes, but Goku is just a man-child or a little boy in a man body that everyone treats like Superman, yet is a terrible father and a piss poor husband to boot. The only character or characters that really stuck out to me was Future Trunks (Not kid trunks. Kid Trunks felt more like a mini-Vegeta done wrong with a messed up attitude) and Vegeta and maybe Piccolo, but soon he too fell onto the wayside of just being there. Everyone else was either too pathetic to be relevant, stood around gasping and and screaming, and/or hyped up to look important only to be brought down because of a cop-out and Goku forced to be the only one to save the day. Gohan was more powerful than SSJ3 Goku, but he lost the battle because everyone wanted Goku to fight and win. Literally the fans themselves ruined the series.

I grew up with Dragonball Z too and I even owned the whole series, but after a while when I grew up I realized that the series is not as good as I thought it was. It's not that deep of story many people hype it to be and its concept is just waaaay too simple. The world is too perfect except for the occasional outside baddie laddie comes along. Goku isn't as good of a hero as many think he is. He doesn't stop petty crime or petty accidents on a daily basis or inspire people like a real hero would. Only when the Earth is about to leveled does he get involved.

Nostalgia is both a gift and curse because it is basically rose-tinted glasses.

Don't even get me started on the Dragonball Z movies where it breaks it even more and even more crap occurs. (We are talking about anime here, not manga.)

"The plot is not good like you said but the charisma and the fact the show starts not being demanding things like logic and explanation..."

And this is a good thing...why? People say the same thing about Transformers or some other movies and anime yet say it is bad when they did it, but Dragonball Z does it and everyone loves it? You basically just said that the plot doesn't care and "screw logic" and you think this is a good thing? Makes me wonder why you find Kirito's adventure so hard to believe and criticize it so harshly when Dragonball makes even less sense and uses a lot more Deus Ex Machina

Like I said, the only concept of the show is fighting, screaming, beams, and explosions. It is the Micheal Bay of anime.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 16 August 2014 - 05:41 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#38 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world, blood, murder, darkness etc.

Not really.

Favorite Naruto characters: Rock Lee, Hinata, Guy, Kakashi, Gaara

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

Well my opinion army thinks that DBZ is a classic and that SAO is bad.
BELIEVE IT

#39 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

That Bobobobobobobobobobobo crap made me want to FALCON PAUNCH my TV.

How dare u

JLHza2T.png

#40 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

Dark, I could say the same thing about Sword Art Online (which one day people will see as classical as Dragonball Z) and Evangelion (especially Evangelion), but that's your opinion is it not? You may see it as something different than others, but that doesn't mean you are correct. I don't like Dragonball Z and I completely disagree with everything you said. If you like the series that is perfectly fine, but I don't. I think the story fell extremely flat after the Frieza Saga and was just extremely pathetic with Deus Ex Machina of "let's just wish everyone back to life." There was no threat and no fear of lose at all. Even the Dragonball Abridged series cracks jokes about this all the time. Death? Pfff...Dragonballs.

Yamcha "You make it sound like death has no consequence..."
Tien: "It really doesn't. We're literally waiting to go back. Hell, this is Chouzu's second time."
Chaozu: "Next time, I get a free sundae."

Characters Charismatic and likable? Yeah, maybe for the first 5 minutes, but Goku is just a man-child or a little boy in a man body that everyone treats like Superman, yet is a terrible father and a piss poor husband to boot. The only character or characters that really stuck out to me was Future Trunks (Not kid trunks. Kid Trunks felt more like a mini-Vegeta done wrong with a messed up attitude) and Vegeta and maybe Piccolo, but soon he too fell onto the wayside of just being there. Everyone else was either too pathetic to be relevant, stood around gasping and and screaming, and/or hyped up to look important only to be brought down because of a cop-out and Goku forced to be the only one to save the day. Gohan was more powerful than SSJ3 Goku, but he lost the battle because everyone wanted Goku to fight and win. Literally the fans themselves ruined the series.

I grew up with Dragonball Z too and I even owned the whole series, but after a while when I grew up I realized that the series is not as good as I thought it was. It's not that deep of story many people hype it to be and its concept is just waaaay too simple. The world is too perfect except for the occasional outside baddie laddie comes along. Goku isn't as good of a hero as many think he is. He doesn't stop petty crime or petty accidents on a daily basis or inspire people like a real hero would. Only when the Earth is about to leveled does he get involved.

Nostalgia is both a gift and curse because it is basically rose-tinted glasses.

Don't even get me started on the Dragonball Z movies where it breaks it even more and even more crap occurs. (We are talking about anime here, not manga.)

And this is a good thing...why? People say the same thing about Transformers or some other movies and anime yet say it is bad when they did it, but Dragonball Z does it and everyone loves it? You basically just said that the plot doesn't care and "screw logic" and you think this is a good thing? Makes me wonder why you find Kirito's adventure so hard to believe and criticize it so harshly when Dragonball makes even less sense and uses a lot more Deus Ex Machina

Like I said, the only concept of the show is fighting, screaming, beams, and explosions. It is the Micheal Bay of anime.

They aren't goind to become classic, the classics of this generation are Naruto, One Piece, Bleach at some extent, Hunter X Hunter, Full Metal Alchemist and then comes to some minor ones.
Sword Art Online has no charisma and memorable characters.

I thought you were describing Naruto's character.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 16 August 2014 - 11:44 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users