54175 replies to this topic

#43061 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

Boruto don't have anything to shock us since everything is established already. Like Naruto world before the ending has problems but they're fixed. Now with Boruto, what's there to fix? Nothing. Just ones that can down the line.

#43062 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

Boruto don't have anything to shock us since everything is established already. Like Naruto world before the ending has problems but they're fixed. Now with Boruto, what's there to fix? Nothing. Just ones that can down the line.

Bet you $30.00 that there's going to be some huge god awful enemy that just pops out of nowhere and declares some kind of war, and the ninja nations divide for some silly reason.

#43063 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:00 PM

Bet you $30.00 that there's going to be some huge god awful enemy that just pops out of nowhere and declares some kind of war, and the ninja nations divide for some silly reason.

Someone who manipulated Kaguya.

#43064 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

You know here is something I think would've benefitted the next generation alot when it came stories.. For a while Pain was the Main Antagonist, and then it was revealed to be Tobi (who went under Madara) which I was okay even when you find out the real Madara died I was like well kitten we've been duped this whole time. I suggest this because Madara was always mentioned throughout the series prior to the war, and really he should've been the final villain that Naruto and Sasuke take out before their final battle. Honestly Kaguya honestly shouldn't have even happened like they should've defeated Madara in Volume 70, and somehow tie Obito's death there making it more impactful (which I still got sad when he died) dying by Madara's hand. This way we've got Volume 71 dedicated to Naruto vs Sasuke, and Volume 72 being the conclusion to the fight and to the ending to the series which honestly could've been like 3-4 chapters kinda like what Assassination Classroom did when that series ended. most it should've went towards are like when the Tailed Beast tell the story of how they were created about the Sage of Six Paths, and what Madara told Hashirama when he talked about Chakra fruit and how it connected with the Ten Tails. That's how far it honestly should've gone. 

I think what really could've helped if the Ootsutski clan wasn't involved in original story, but that's what you do for the next generation. Those are the kinds of threats you bring in for them. Naruto was always about surpassing the next generation. So how do you surpass the Naruto's generation who defeated one of the most powerful shinobi's on the planet then by bringing Kaguya the one that started everything when it came to the existence of Chakra and that's how you can expand upon Kaguya's reasoning behind her creating a Zetsu army and also bring in Momoshiki and Kinshiki that way. This is precisely how you can raise the stakes for Boruto and his generation if it was done that way.   Think of Avatar for example,  Aang was able to save the world from the fire nation and win the war, and Korra did so many things far beyond what Aang ever could. It could've been the same scenarion here where Naruto and his generation took on the most legendary shinobi Madara in the war and they succeeded, and Boruto and his generation could've surpassed Naruto by what involving Kaguya and the Ootsootski with their generation. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#43065 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:52 PM

You know here is something I think would've benefitted the next generation alot when it came stories.. For a while Pain was the Main Antagonist, and then it was revealed to be Tobi (who went under Madara) which I was okay even when you find out the real Madara died I was like well kitten we've been duped this whole time. I suggest this because Madara was always mentioned throughout the series prior to the war, and really he should've been the final villain that Naruto and Sasuke take out before their final battle. Honestly Kaguya honestly shouldn't have even happened like they should've defeated Madara in Volume 70, and somehow tie Obito's death there making it more impactful (which I still got sad when he died) dying by Madara's hand. This way we've got Volume 71 dedicated to Naruto vs Sasuke, and Volume 72 being the conclusion to the fight and to the ending to the series which honestly could've been like 3-4 chapters kinda like what Assassination Classroom did when that series ended. most it should've went towards are like when the Tailed Beast tell the story of how they were created about the Sage of Six Paths, and what Madara told Hashirama when he talked about Chakra fruit and how it connected with the Ten Tails. That's how far it honestly should've gone. 

I think what really could've helped if the Ootsutski clan wasn't involved in original story, but that's what you do for the next generation. Those are the kinds of threats you bring in for them. Naruto was always about surpassing the next generation. So how do you surpass the Naruto's generation who defeated one of the most powerful shinobi's on the planet then by bringing Kaguya the one that started everything when it came to the existence of Chakra and that's how you can expand upon Kaguya's reasoning behind her creating a Zetsu army and also bring in Momoshiki and Kinshiki that way. This is precisely how you can raise the stakes for Boruto and his generation if it was done that way.   Think of Avatar for example,  Aang was able to save the world from the fire nation and win the war, and Korra did so many things far beyond what Aang ever could. It could've been the same scenarion here where Naruto and his generation took on the most legendary shinobi Madara in the war and they succeeded, and Boruto and his generation could've surpassed Naruto by what involving Kaguya and the Ootsootski with their generation. 

I do agree holding off the Ootsutsuki clan for the sequel would have been better as far as bringing in a whole new threat and level of antagonists. However, I've always felt that the Naruto story was one that was meant to be a finished product. At least the first 3/4 of the manga made me feel that way. I think that is why the sequel feels so irrelevant and forced. It was just never meant to be.

Maybe if they had taken their time and come up with an idea similar to LoK which was set a full generation apart from ATLA then they might have something that would hold more interest for the readers, and wouldn't make it seem like it's completely disregarding the accomplishments of the original characters from the original manga. 

#43066 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:56 AM

I do agree holding off the Ootsutsuki clan for the sequel would have been better as far as bringing in a whole new threat and level of antagonists. However, I've always felt that the Naruto story was one that was meant to be a finished product. At least the first 3/4 of the manga made me feel that way. I think that is why the sequel feels so irrelevant and forced. It was just never meant to be.

Maybe if they had taken their time and come up with an idea similar to LoK which was set a full generation apart from ATLA then they might have something that would hold more interest for the readers, and wouldn't make it seem like it's completely disregarding the accomplishments of the original characters from the original manga. 

Yeah, there were definitely plenty of ideas that had potential to be good if they had been carefully built up, developed, and executed, but they weren't. With almost every new "twist" since "Itachi was always a good guy", it feels like they were things just thrown out there and into the story at the last second with minimal to no real thought to them.

Like the Jubi - first it was simply the original Biju whose chakra was broken down into the nine known Biju by the Rikudo Sennin and the physical body sealed in the moon. Okay, that's fine...but then down the road, suddenly the body is the Gedo Mazo statue (that Madara seemed to just fly up to the moon and take from Toneri somehow)...okay, I guess I can roll with that....but then suddenly the Jubi is actually a Shinju Tree from...somewhere...and not only that, but it was also twisted and became a Biju because of Kaguya merging with it so she could take back Hagaromo's (and then Hamura's) chakra that they inherited from her....yeeeaaaa-no.

2e5.gif

#43067 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

Boruto's legitimacy and reputation already has been ruined since his creation and how the orginal manga ended. There is no way Boruto can win back the old fans that once loved this franchise. No matter how well they write Bolt's character.

Did you read my forum on it? I've had people tell me they read the book just for the friendship development between the two....and I'm terrible at writing romance XD

I never. Please give me the link. Well I suck at romance too, which is why I'm writing a NS platonic relationship between mother and son. It's basically a rehash of the NS romantic relationship from the MC's parents's history in platonic form. All due to the nature of the MC's naivete (cannot tell the difference between romantic and Platonic love) and my story being Norse mythology, there will be "NS incest" teases.  

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 04 June 2016 - 05:41 PM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#43068 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:51 PM

Boruto's legitimacy and reputation already has been ruined since his creation and how the orginal manga ended. There is no way Boruto can win back the old fans that once loved this franchise. No matter how well they write Bolt's character.

I never. Please give me the link. Well I suck at romance too, which is why I'm writing a NS platonic relationship between mother and son. It's basically a rehash of the NS romantic relationship from the MC's parents's history in platonic form. All due to the nature of the MC's naivete (cannot tell the difference between romantic and Platonic love) and my story being Norse mythology, there will be "NS incest" teases.  

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=15729

#43069 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

Remember that one filler "The Pink Kunoichi" ?? SP make Jiraya said "I'm sorry my heart already belongs to another woman" when that female kunoichi propose and ask him to marry her, and in the cannon manga too, even though he always goes to bar and flirt with tons of woman he never once have serious relationship with them, even after getting reject many times, deep down he knows Tsunade is the only one for him, if it's not her, if he can't be with her than he will forever alone until die.

And look at his pupil/students Naruto .... the moment Sakura dump him (well technically she just push him away to Hinata) she goes straight to Hinata without a second thought :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  How ironic both this filler and the movie made by SP.

Edited by Yyubie, 06 June 2016 - 07:24 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#43070 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

Remember that one filler "The Pink Kunoichi" ?? SP make Jiraya said "I'm sorry my heart already belongs to another woman" when that female kunoichi propose and ask him to marry her, and in the cannon manga too, even though he always goes to bar and flirt with tons of woman he never once have serious relationship with them, even after getting reject many times, deep down he knows Tsunade is the only one for him, if it's not her, if he can't be with her than he will forever alone until die.

And look at his pupil/students Naruto .... the moment Sakura dump him (well technically she just push him away to Hinata) she goes straight to Hinata without a second thought :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  How ironic both this filler and the movie made by SP.

yup, kishimoto really is a bad author, whereas naruto continues to go downhill, toriyama I believe just dropped the bomb that may restore dragon ball super's popularity:

13327396_874260712719897_164103807175955

FUTURE TRUNKS HYPE!!!

and yes it is confirmed to be the same future trunks from the android saga after he beat cell, trunks arc starts next episode!!

Edited by ultranx, 06 June 2016 - 08:59 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#43071 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:16 PM

yup, kishimoto really is a bad author, whereas naruto continues to go downhill, toriyama I believe just dropped the bomb that may restore dragon ball super's popularity:

13327396_874260712719897_164103807175955

FUTURE TRUNKS HYPE!!!

and yes it is confirmed to be the same future trunks from the android saga after he beat cell, trunks arc starts next episode!!

Yeah, I'm interested in who this "Black Goku" is. And is that a Potara Earrings on the ear x_x? It's also widely believed that Future Trunks will learn to go SSj Blue (the shortened SSj God SS name) as well.

2e5.gif

#43072 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:10 AM

Yeah, I'm interested in who this "Black Goku" is. And is that a Potara Earrings on the ear x_x? It's also widely believed that Future Trunks will learn to go SSj Blue (the shortened SSj God SS name) as well.

He looks like an evil goku with that smirk. So who knows.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 June 2016 - 06:17 AM.

#43073 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:25 AM

(wont get into dbz topic and say something that might start a flame war)

anyway, have this

http://orig11.devian...u10-da5coiv.jpg

#43074 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:43 PM

One last off-topic post:

Not going to lie but I'm pretty excited for this next DBS arc. It has the vibe of History of Trunks, where the story is more grounded, more depth to the characters, and more suitable for this current age. This is a good detour since the current timeline/universe just have OP people, so why not expand elsewhere. There's a video preview and it looks promising.

That said I'll segue to Boruto because it feels limited as DBZ has expansion, even though it's not needed. Yes, Boruto has universe realm that Sasuke can apparently go with breeze yet the series still feels trapped within its own region. I don't know why.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 07 June 2016 - 12:43 PM.

#43075 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:28 PM

I'd like to think this a metaphor of writing were Naruto keeps getting worse and DB gets better. 

#43076 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:28 AM

You know what? Screw Kishimoto's or the "canon" version of the ending, I'm officially declaring LADY GT's fan art as the official ending. It's better written, th art work is better, and it actually has a good flow to it. So yeah. kitten you, Kishimoto. 

#43077 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

i also like to think the gutsy ninja naruto imagined when reading jiraiya's book was how he really grew up to be.

#43078 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:58 AM

Does anyone have any update on Kirabook's new webcomic project that has to do with a Naruto remake? it's been awhile since I last seen her post here.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#43079 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:47 AM

I'm sure many of you have seen Death Note, and I was rewatching a few episodes earlier mainly the ones between Light and Misa.  I'm not gonna lie I ship them, but I was just curious what do you think is worse between SasuSaku and Light x Misa cause I can kinda tell Light doesn't care about her, but at the same time I see moments where he does idk it's kinda confusing... 

Jus wondering What do you think is worse SasuSaku or LightXMisa? 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#43080 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:09 AM

The latter was meant to be "cruel and harsh." SS is meant to be a moral lesson for girls to persuade.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users