#141 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:47 AM

You missed the leprechaun in the hood song :P

Actually though good list, I personally would've put the 28 days later song higher. It's not as iconic as the ones higher on the list but it's such a perfect song for the movie and gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

Edited by Muffins?, 01 November 2015 - 02:50 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#142 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:38 PM

You missed the leprechaun in the hood song :P

Actually though good list, I personally would've put the 28 days later song higher. It's not as iconic as the ones higher on the list but it's such a perfect song for the movie and gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

:lol:  I admit, I completely spaced on the Leprechaun rap. 

Totally fair point with the 28 Days Later song. It was definitely an instant classic the first time I heard it. One of the hard parts of top 10s, (or top anything) when it gets to the last couple they almost become interchangeable. All of these songs are good, makes it hard to choose.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#143 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:32 PM

Hi man, I sent you a PM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#144 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:11 AM

Sorry Lid to repeat, but I sent you a reply.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#145 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

What's up peoples! Haven't updated this in a while, so how about a recap of my 2015?

• January - Slipped on ice and hyper extended my knee  :pinch:
  • February - Sat on the couch not being able to walk because of injury :hm:
  • March - Went through physical therapy and started recovering  :sakura:
  • April - Finished recovering  :goodjob:
  • May - Summer movie season started, Avengers Age of Ultron was OK :sweat: . Mad Max was awesome  :yes:
  • June - Jurassic World came out, loved it  :excited:
  • July - Left North Dakota and returned to Minnesota for a new job!  :w00t:
  • August - Visited my hometown to help my family with some landscaping work  :happy:
  • September - Football was back! Went to Minneapolis to watch the Golden Gophers win!  :thumb:
  • October - Did another Halloween Horror Fest for my movie website, reviewed some of the worst horror movies ever made
  • November - Had a busy Thanksgiving. Had to work the weekend of, on Black Friday. Bunch of crazy people getting up at 6 am or earlier  :err:
  • December - Had to work XMas weekend, but still a pretty good December. Minnesota Vikings are on a roll, Gophers won the QuickLane Bowl Championship, the Minnesota Wild are red hot right now, so that's all been fun to watch. Had a good New Years Eve, too, hanging with NaruSaku peoples.

Sum up some other 2015 stuff:

• Best movie made in 2015 (that I've seen) - Spotlight
  • Worst movie of 2015 - Pan
  • Best anime I watched - Your Lie in April
  • Best game I've played - Didn't play much, but started playing Smash Bros for Wii U, which is fun

What I'm looking forward to in 2016

• The rest of Award season, Golden Globe and Oscars coming up
  • Seeing X-Men Apocalypse, Batman V Superman, Captain America Civil War, Star Wars: Rogue One
  • Seeing how far the Vikings can make it in the playoffs. Enjoying Super Bowl Sunday
  • Seeing how far the Wild can make it in the playoffs
  • Seeing how well Wiggins and Towns develop for the Timberwolves

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#146 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:58 AM

Hey its been awhile! I just want to ask something about yu yu hakasho did keiko really did end up with yusuke? Because i read somewhere that yusuke is half demon and due to that he will live longer than keiko.  

#147 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:17 AM

Hey its been awhile! I just want to ask something about yu yu hakasho did keiko really did end up with yusuke? Because i read somewhere that yusuke is half demon and due to that he will live longer than keiko.  

Spoilers, obviously:

Yes, Yusuke did end up with Keiko. Yusuke does find out that he is part demon and spends some time in the Demon world, mainly for a tournament that decides its next ruler. In the last episode of the anime, though, he does return to the human world to be with Keiko.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#148 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:41 AM

Hey again! i just want to ask have you ever read the digimon adventure v tamers manga?

This manga came out a year before the anime.

http://mangapark.me/...ture-v-tamer-01

#149 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:50 AM

Hey again! i just want to ask have you ever read the digimon adventure v tamers manga?

This manga came out a year before the anime.

http://mangapark.me/...ture-v-tamer-01

Haven't read it but I'm checking it out. BTW, I did see the new Digimon series via Crunchy Roll and holy shiz was it great to see the classic Digimon in HD!!!  :dance:  I can't wait to see the next episodes in March (I think  :P )

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#150 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:19 AM

Haven't read it but I'm checking it out. BTW, I did see the new Digimon series via Crunchy Roll and holy shiz was it great to see the classic Digimon in HD!!!  :dance:  I can't wait to see the next episodes in March (I think  :P )

How was tri? what did you like about it and not like about it?

#151 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:24 AM

How was tri? what did you like about it and not like about it?

Let's start with the negative, I thought it was too short! That's honestly the only real problem I had. For the most part, it was like walking right back to where the original series had ended. THIS was the Digimon series I was hoping for after the original season. The characters had grown and developed, but still had their personalities on point and the animation looked mad fresh. If you're a Digimon fan, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the last time I made a big post was at the start of the new year, so I figured I would let everyone know what I've been up to.  :happy:

First and foremost, there was a big shake-up in my career as a film critic. My independent film review website was picked up by the company I work for, Forum Communications, and added to their blog system, Area Voices. You can find all my reviews from now on by following this link<<<

The most recent review was on Deadpool, which I gave a high 3 out of 5 to, you can read it here.

In other movie news, the Oscars are coming up soon. I pretty much have my ideas for the main categories figured out, Sylvester Stallone will win Best Supporting Actor, Alicia Vikander will win Best Supporting Actress, Brie Larson will win Best Actress and Leonardo DiCaprio will finally win Best Actor. Meanwhile, Inaritu will win Best Director and Spotlight will probably take Best Picture.

Away from movies, the rest of my job has been keeping me busy, and it will get even more so since this is an election year. People are running for city, county and state seats so I will have plenty to report on especially when September and October roll around.

Many who follow my blog probably know that I'm a sports fan, and to be honest, it's been a rough year for the North Star State. Timberwolves losing a bunch despite having crazy young talent, Wild fired their coach because of a losing streak, Gophers basketball is a total rebuilding year, Gophers hockey has been up and down. Certainly not the best of times, except for a NFC North Division Championship by the Vikings.

Moving on from that, time to talk about some TV for a moment. I've been just entranced by the new X-Files miniseries. I wouldn't say it's as good as the original series, but it's a great treat to have it back on the TV. I was a big fan of the show back in its heyday and glad to see it back. I've even been watching a ton of old episodes on Hulu. The monster of the week eps are my favorite.  :P

As for anime, there's been one I've been following, the American produced RWBY, and man did the season 3 finale punch me in the gut, then rip out my heart and step on it. For those who want to see my thoughts, check out the official H&E thread on the series in the Arts and Entertainment district. All I will say though is:

Spoiler

That's about it for now, till next time.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#152 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:11 AM

It's about that time of year that I start to get REALLY tired of winter. It's March, and I'm officially tired of it. I'm tired of the slippery ice on sidewalks/parking lots, I'm tired of the snow, I'm tired of not being able to go out without wearing layers. Just tonight I had to make a two hour drive to my home town to visit family.

Of course, there had to be heavy winter-like conditions with snow and freezing rain. Stuff was coming down so not much visibility and roads were covered to the point I couldn't see the center line.

Sorry, had to vent.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#153 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

BuzzFeed just posted one of the most adorable articles in a while. Check out the link

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#154 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:05 AM

So I just made some reservations the other day for a hotel in Fargo for next week so I can enjoy the Fargo Film Festival! I always enjoy going back there because Fargo is side by side with Moorhead, where I went to school at Minnesota State University. 

This is the theater where the festival will be held from the outside

fargo-theatre-1.jpg.640x360_default.jpg

This is how it looks inside.

8200b07bbca95fd56ebd241dc02554d2.jpg

large.jpg?1331422464

What's cool is one of the reasons I went to MSU was because of its strong film department and there's usually some student made films that play at the festival. There's also some interesting panels with filmmakers, too.

I haven't gone since 2012, my last year in college, so I'm excited.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#155 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:41 AM

Remember this trophy? Well my favorite team the Gophers just won it again. Fourth straight conference championship in a row!

I'm in a great mood tonight, the Golden Gopher hockey team just won the Big Ten regular season championship! This is the trophy they will get - 

BigTentrophy_zps6b12672a.png

Hopefully a trip to the Frozen Four is in the future.

That time of year again, time for another Minnesota hockey championship!

CdZgGdLUkAAdWPe.jpg

That's the third Big Ten Title in a row and fifth in a row overall! The Minnesota Golden Gophers also won two Western Collegiate Hockey Association titles in a row, too.

Five-peat.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#156 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:58 PM

Is it just me, or do Sundays kind of suck? 

Sure, I love having the day off and enjoying some down time and even getting a chance to just catch up on chores. At the same time, though, as the hours start to go by and day turns into night, the more that sinking feeling comes in that it's Monday tomorrow.

And the fact is, I love my job and I enjoy what I do. I think what just upsets me during Sundays is the inevitability that it causes, rather than actually anything coming up in the work week. The knowing that the carefree, do nothing relaxation is about to come to a close.

I know I shouldn't be too harsh on Sundays, heck I love them during football season and it's great to be off from work. But in all honesty I've come to enjoy work days like Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and of course Friday even more. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#157 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:45 PM

So I got up this morning, poured a cup of coffee and booted up my laptop. As I'm enjoying my coffee, I find this trailer on youtube.

What the F. 

This is a prime, PRIME example of why animation in the states has a major problem. Most of the time it's for children, but when it's made for adults it has to be comedy.

The art style looks just terrible, too. This is right after the fantastic animation in Zootopia.

To be fair, I'm not against adult animated films going in a comedy route either, but it has to have effort. All this movie looks like it has is "we're swearing in an animated movie." 

Compare that to something like "Futurama," which was a series, yes, but the comedy was so well done. It had some raunchy humor sometimes, but it also had some really witty comedy and a lot of heart and passion, too.

Other than that the concept isn't that spectacular. "Chicken Run" already did the whole escape before being eaten thing, and hell that trainwreck "Foodfight" did the talking food at the super market thing.

Venting over, just had to get that out because this trailer pissed me off.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#158 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:53 AM

Hey peoples, time for a quick post and  this is one I haven't done in a while. A beer review!

21371.jpg

This time I had Warsteiner, a German imported pilsner. In all honesty, I can't say I'm the biggest pilsner fan out there, but I enjoy it once and a while and this one was certainly good.

I poured it in a standard pint glass and it had a very foamy head. As for the taste, it had some bitterness and a hint of citrus to it. There's no doubt that I enjoy other types of beer more, but this is a solid pilsner, better than most macro brews make here in the states. It's refreshing drink.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#159 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:25 AM

Well, the Fargo Film Festival came to an end Saturday night and there were some really good pictures shown over the past couple days I've been here. What's great about film festivals is not just great the movies shown, but also how interactive it is. The audience gets to participate in Q&A after screenings and panels with film creators which gives a lot of insight. 

On a side note, I went to Red Lobster tonight. OMG the cheddar biscuits.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#160 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:42 AM

I am so craving a burger right now.  :omfg:

d79c3dd6a53a7b4ad006737aeba1be34_600x400  :wow:  :wow:  :wow:  :wow:

I have to get me one of these this weekend.  :drool:

That is all.

:rainbowsheep:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users