• Please log in to reply
833 replies to this topic

#401 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Kim @ Mar 22 2012, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, what happened?

Well I got suspended and... nah I'm just kidding. I wasn't feeling well. sad.gif

So don't listen to Master Boom because he's trying to make it sound like I did get suspended. sleep.gif

biggrin.gif

@Master Boom: Well I died like 10 times in Level 3 alone... so that means I've probably died about 25 times already in the whole game. confused.gif Reminded me of the times when first-grader me wanted to rage quit... well almost.

You should have seen the amount of times I died in Zelda II. argh1.png

@Toasty: Thanks~! happy.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#402 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

I want to start playing the Zelda franchise. I remember playing a Zelda game on the original gameboy but I don't remember anything about it. Where should I start? From the beginning again? mellow.gif

Edited by Darth Krypt, 22 March 2012 - 08:46 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#403 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 22 2012, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to start playing the Zelda franchise. I remember playing a Zelda game on the original gameboy but I don't remember anything about it. Where should I start? From the beginning again? mellow.gif

I think you're talking about Link's Awakening Darth, and it's probably one of the best handheld Zelda games around. biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#404 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 22 2012, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I got suspended and... nah I'm just kidding. I wasn't feeling well. sad.gif

So don't listen to Master Boom because he's trying to make it sound like I did get suspended. sleep.gif

biggrin.gif

fu.png

Gah! That game made me so mad. Stupid flying heads and villagers turning into bats and random crap killing you all the time. mad.gif

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 22 2012, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it was on the original Game Boy, it was probably Link's Awakening. That was a great game. I downloaded Link's Awakening DX (the enhanced Game Boy Color port) right when the Nintendo eShop arrived for the 3DS, and I beat it three times right afterwards. tongue.gif

Anyways, there's not really a best place to start, since the games don't really follow a set story. There's minor connections between most of the games, but for the most part they all sort of stand alone (other than the direct sequels, like Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass). My personal favorites are Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, but they might be hard to play on an emulator if you don't have a Gamecube or a Wii. I'd recommend playing either A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time first, since those games seem to be the most consistently loved by fans, and they also sort of set up some of the recurring story elements and characters.
If you're looking for a handheld one to start with though (you mentioned you had an emulator on your PSP earlier), I'd say go with either Link's Awakening (DX or regular) or Oracle of Ages/Seasons. There was also a port of A Link to the Past on Game Boy Advance, which I really enjoyed (I've never even played the SNES version actually).

LOL, so many suggestions, I probably just made you more confused. tongue.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#405 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 22 2012, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

biggrin.gif

@Master Boom: Well I died like 10 times in Level 3 alone... so that means I've probably died about 25 times already in the whole game. confused.gif Reminded me of the times when first-grader me wanted to rage quit... well almost.

@Toasty: Thanks~! happy.gif

Hi Imouto!! You're not feeling well? I'll make you some soup. happy.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#406 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Mar 23 2012, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fu.png

Gah! That game made me so mad. Stupid flying heads and villagers turning into bats and random crap killing you all the time. mad.gif

If it was on the original Game Boy, it was probably Link's Awakening. That was a great game. I downloaded Link's Awakening DX (the enhanced Game Boy Color port) right when the Nintendo eShop arrived for the 3DS, and I beat it three times right afterwards. tongue.gif

Anyways, there's not really a best place to start, since the games don't really follow a set story. There's minor connections between most of the games, but for the most part they all sort of stand alone (other than the direct sequels, like Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass). My personal favorites are Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, but they might be hard to play on an emulator if you don't have a Gamecube or a Wii. I'd recommend playing either A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time first, since those games seem to be the most consistently loved by fans, and they also sort of set up some of the recurring story elements and characters.
If you're looking for a handheld one to start with though (you mentioned you had an emulator on your PSP earlier), I'd say go with either Link's Awakening (DX or regular) or Oracle of Ages/Seasons. There was also a port of A Link to the Past on Game Boy Advance, which I really enjoyed (I've never even played the SNES version actually).

LOL, so many suggestions, I probably just made you more confused. tongue.gif

Yes I am confused. sweat.gif Unfortunately I'm not a nintendo guy so I don't have a Wii or Gamecube. So I don't think I can get the full Zelda experience. Awakening huh? I think I remember having good emotions about it. Though I only remember controlling link walking on a beach or a place with tall grass or something. Maybe that was pokemon. laugh.gif

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#407 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Mar 23 2012, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

INORITE. rawr.gif

NOT TO MENTION THAT SUPER SCARY GAME OVER SCREEN DIDN'T HELP EITHER.

sweatdrop.gif I-I mean...

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 23 2012, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Imouto!! You're not feeling well? I'll make you some soup. happy.gif

Thanks~! a_hug.gif

I'll be heaps of help for my stomach aches. I've been really hungry a lot lately in the past few days. Every time I'd eat a big meal I get hungry again. Which is weird since I eat a lot.

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 23 2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I am confused. sweat.gif Unfortunately I'm not a nintendo guy so I don't have a Wii or Gamecube. So I don't think I can get the full Zelda experience. Awakening huh? I think I remember having good emotions about it. Though I only remember controlling link walking on a beach or a place with tall grass or something. Maybe that was pokemon. laugh.gif

Darth, I am disappoint.

Nah just kidding. Okay, question for anyone who wants to answer it. Which one should I get, a PS3 or Xbox 360? My classmates are telling me to get a PS3 but my sister wants the 360 so she can get DC2 for Kinect. SO I AM COMPLETELY TORN APART. HELP. Which one is better? biggrin.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#408 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

That's the wrong game over screen Rocket, this is the real one:

tongue.gif

"They don't want none"

#409 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

I actually find that the one I posted is a lot more scarier than the original. laugh.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#410 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 23 2012, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks~! a_hug.gif

I'll be heaps of help for my stomach aches. I've been really hungry a lot lately in the past few days. Every time I'd eat a big meal I get hungry again. Which is weird since I eat a lot.

Okay, question for anyone who wants to answer it. Which one should I get, a PS3 or Xbox 360? My classmates are telling me to get a PS3 but my sister wants the 360 so she can get DC2 for Kinect. SO I AM COMPLETELY TORN APART. HELP. Which one is better? biggrin.gif

You're welcome!! a_hug.gif So tough choice, tough choice. Well I prefer PS3 but that's just me (just got one by the way. TALES OF GRACES kitten YEAH) biggrin.gif
And pretty much a lot come for both the 360 and PS3 anyway so..... well I just ave a bias to PS3, so I would say get that smile.gif

#411 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 23 2012, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
INORITE. rawr.gif

NOT TO MENTION THAT SUPER SCARY GAME OVER SCREEN DIDN'T HELP EITHER.

sweatdrop.gif I-I mean...

argh1.png

Okay, question for anyone who wants to answer it. Which one should I get, a PS3 or Xbox 360? My classmates are telling me to get a PS3 but my sister wants the 360 so she can get DC2 for Kinect. SO I AM COMPLETELY TORN APART. HELP. Which one is better? biggrin.gif

I have a 360, but if you play video games a lot, you'd probably be happier with the PS3. From what I hear, it has a lot more exclusives than the 360 does.

But, on the other hand, if you want more motion gaming, I'd say the 360 is the way to go. The Kinect is awesome; I actually enjoyed Kinect Sports more than Wii Sports (though they're both great fun obviously). On top of that, I don't even think Sony supports the "Move" or whatever it was called anymore.
DC2 is also great. I don't play it too much, but I always enjoy watching my friend talk his dance moves up, only to drunkenly stumble around when the game starts. laugh.gif

Anyways, I guess it really just depends what you're looking for. I don't really play games enough to warrant the purchase now, but I'd probably get a PS3 if I had the time and money for it. Plus, there's the Wii U coming out this year, and I already bought a 3DS last year, so I need to really cut back on my video game spending, LOL. tongue.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#412 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

Well, when you look at it Rocket both systems have their strengths and weaknesses. The Xbox 360 has better online support with Xbox Live, but just to play online you have to be a gold member, and the consoles are usually at higher risk to go out sooner while the PS3 has somewhat worse online support, but the advantage is free online play, and you don't have to worry about the console going out as much, trust me I learned that the hard way. I owned an Xbox 360 before, and got both the E74 error, and RROD, but after getting a PS3 I haven't had since a problem. wink.gif

"They don't want none"

#413 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

Haaa. I'm so torn apart by two epic consoles I don't own. arg.gif I'm considering getting the PS3 though. Thanks for your suggestions guys~! biggrin.gif

Now the only thing that's in the way is my sister wanting an Xbox 360. tongue.gif Also, I'm gonna apply for a job in April and hopefully start working mid-June. wow.png MONEEEHHHHHZ!!!

Anyways. Seeing as Omega changed his name to Greed-sama due to his love for Greed and Jordan changing his name to FoolishYoungling because he calls himself a fool... I've been digging Ocarina of Time since I found my cartridge a few weeks ago, so should I change my name to Twinrova or something?

JA2DBzd.png

#414 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

Should I change my name to Law then? a_plotting.gif

And YAY Shanai is joining the Playstation club!

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#415 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

I doubt I'll change my name since I like it as it is. tongue.gif

"They don't want none"

#416 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

I don't think I'll change it either, it usually just serves to confuse people. biggrin.gif

#417 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 23 2012, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO, "surgeon of Death"!! tongue.gif

#418 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

Thanks Kev for reminding me of Trauma Center. tongue.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#419 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 23 2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so should I change my name to Twinrova or something?

Hmm... I think Rocket sounds cool. But it's all about what we prefer, so if you love Twinrova, then I say "go for it"! happy.gif

QUOTE (Kim @ Mar 24 2012, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think I'll change it either, it usually just serves to confuse people. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Mar 23 2012, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt I'll change my name since I like it as it is. tongue.gif

Those are also the main reasons as to why I think having one permanent username is ideal. Then again, people might get bored with the same username after a while. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 23 2012, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehehe, you reminded me of Tekken.

And now, we won't be with DK, but with the Law. Hmm... it has a nice ring. a_thumbs.gif

#420 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Mar 25 2012, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And now, we won't be with DK, but with the Law. Hmm... it has a nice ring. a_thumbs.gif

Should have used that from the start. Now people here already know me as Darth. So Shanai, are you gonna change it?

DK

PgkbwAs.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users