54173 replies to this topic

#49801 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:38 PM

Maybe Naruto could have spoken to Nagato if there had been real trials and tribulations that separated him from the group in the manga. Like if his happy smile really hid a dark-Sasuke-like interior, where he was seriously in trouble of falling into that dark role. But...at no point is he ever in danger of becoming like Sasuke. Sure he says he understands him, but how can he really? At no point in the manga was he like Sasuke and going to leave, throw over his whole life for some personal goal.

Exactly. You can understand Naruto to a certain degree. He was a child who just didn't know why he was hated and ignored, and he came to the conclusion that he needs to 'do something' for it. So thats why he did these pranks, and wore flashy clothes to attract attention. That wasn't/shouldn't be his personality, just a pro-active behaviour to gain something he wants. After he got told the true secret to why they ignore him, there is litteraly no need to continue his acting. Because he should realize by now that its pointless. No pranks or loud-mouth-talking will distract anyone from the fact that he bears the 9-tail. 

a7op8d1.png

Thats him, one chapter after being told the secret.. just continuing his pranks infront of the Hokoage (who MAYBE ist the perfect person to ask about every question he 'SHOULD' have). There is no curiosity, no desire, no innocenct reflection. They never told him anything, not about his parents, not about their attitude towards him, why he has to live alone.. and mostly about his fate. That place should be 'hell' for him, and he should been gone years before sasuke even considered to leave. As a Protagonist you have to deal with the fact that the audience is trying to empathize with you, and you are not doing a good work if you ignore the questions and the situation around you.

So yeah, how can he relate to Nagato, Konan, Obito, Sasuke or anyone else...and then be expected to change the ninja world as the chosen one? He's 16 with very limited life experiences.

Yea, he shouldn't be able to do it. Just because someone struggled in his life, doesn't mean he knows how to deal with it or give advice to others. Naruto did nothing about his problems, besides doing pranks or being a loud-brat he never really tried to take care of his situation.. he just accepted it and the author managed it for him to have a successfull storyline. His development isn't working around his narrative timeline. 

That might have been different if he'd taken a closer look at the situations around him and people who were supposed to care for him in Konoha. If he'd questioned or even seriously rebelled, outside of some juvenile graffiti.

It wouldn't be just a different character then, it would be a different story overall. 

Its kinda funny how he praises friendship over everything, and tries to chase a guy who doesn't seek his friendship... but on the other hand he takes the people who a real friends to him at risk for this said guy. He doesn't even think about consequences. What if Sakura really managed to die because of sasuke ? There was a fanfic i recently read, where sakura becomes blind because of sasuke for the rest of her life, it was a good story, but i cringed so damn much about the phrase "i think i can't hate Sasuke". Its just the same as in the canon-plot. Sasuke could have killed Jiraiya, and naruto wouldn't change his mind. I mean Obito, who was the source of his fate and the death of his parents, manages to befriend with Naruto.. i dont know... there is just zero grasp of Narutos mind, its impossible for the audience to understand this character at all... unless you are as ignorant his him. 

But its not only him, it everyone around him. 

WriFe0d.png

Over and Over again they fail to chase him or bring him back, and no one (not even the hokage, who should stop him) is doing anything. Jiraiya mentioned about his seal weakening [Tsunade: "go and catch sasuke if u want :-)"], Sakura who nearly died because of Sasuke ["he is our friend! i need to support naruto on this way!"]. 

yKE2xMD.png

This is exactly the moment where i started to hate this character, where i was like "**CK YOU Naruto!". The same thing could have happened to Sakura, Yamato, Sai, Neji, Shikamaru, Choji if it wasn't for (cough* Author cough*) lucky outcomes after your whole damn Sasuke-chase. Atleast Jiraiya tried to take care of  Akatsuki, atleast Asuma tried to stop Akatsuki taking more and more Jinchurikies while you were busy RISKING your friends by chasing Sasuke who was 000000 threat to Konoha at that point. 

But he never does. And yeah, he chasing Sasuke (at the peril of everyone he knows) to force him to come home to a place Sasuke should rightfully hate is veeerrrry different than Naruto have a parallel life experience then understanding him because he lived through his own hell. But by the time the manga starts, we are told to believe that the worst part of Naruto's life is behind him in his childhood. But this is always that part he draws on when he tries to relate to every other bad guy in the series! wtf?

Its just kishimotos logic: Naruto can't hate the bad guy, he can't kill the bad guy, in fact.. he will manage to relate and be a mature response for all big problems because he is Naruto with the sad past. 

#49802 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

I love your ideas - so much more plot to explore, especially around madara and zetsu and obito. It shows just how much was skimmed over or not developed in the original story. Yeah, the Forth NInja War seems like just a holdover from the beginning of the story. Like they just didn't feel like changing that part of the ending. But it doesn't have to be there. And if you did Madara as a Snoke or Palpatine, that would totally work. And I love that Madara is not redeemable - why would he be!?! He's come this far in his quest for power, why would he change his personality now? (I always hated that about the original series - the never ending redemption of baddies.) And I agree with your idea of Orochimaru - he's such an underused character. Very much a double-agent type. It would be so cool to see him bringing back just some select Leaf ninja. And the background of the rinnegan — and really all the weird chakra abilities that fall outside named clan justus — need so much more explanation.  And tying those into how Nagato and the Uzumakis are connected (and, by extension, Naruto) was very much skipped over in the story. Cool to see how it develops!

YES - what's up with her hair?! I have wondered that the whole time, if there was some forgotten storyline where Sakura's pink hair meant she was a distant descendant of the Uzumaki clan. And that, just like Kushina chakra control, Sakura's was extraordinary. That it's an Uzumaki trait. Which would explain why she is the only one at the level of Tsunade at such a young age. Every other person with red hair — Nagato, Karin — has uniquely amazing skills. So it makes sense that Sakura would too.

Yep - right there with ya. Though in the manga, Part One Naruto and company were great for getting people acquainted with the village and the rules of their world, they quickly seem to young to be fighting people to the death. If Naruto's out of the village for his upbringing, I don't think he should return until he's more mature. 18 or older. That way he sidesteps all the youthful hijinks and has to relate to the Leaf nins when the stakes are so much higher. And having him come back also goes around the problem of why the village treated him so badly and how he could possibly love it as much as he did. It just becomes a non issue. And the whole tone of the story levels up. The rivalries become more pointed, the love interests become more real, the losses become much greater, etc.

Wait isn't madara already the palatine of Naruto since he fills that role and obito is he's darth Vader only lamer cause ya that whole thing is ripped off from star wars.

#49803 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

I love the post tricksie made it shows you just how selfish, annoying and childish naruto really is he isn't this humble, empathetic,selfess hero people make him out to be. Naruto goal was to get sasukes acknowledgement and obessing over how wrong sasuke should be, Its really really stupid. Naruto shouldn't hook up with anyone he is a terrible person. 

Edited by rikakim94, 27 October 2018 - 08:18 PM.

#49804 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

Everyone please spread this around the site and to everyone you know especially in the eu cause this is very serious
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=XC6lRc7u-No

#49805 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:12 AM

I love the post tricksie made it shows you just how selfish, annoying and childish naruto really is he isn't this humble, empathetic,selfess hero people make him out to be. Naruto goal was to get sasukes acknowledgement and obessing over how wrong sasuke should be, Its really really stupid. Naruto shouldn't hook up with anyone he is a terrible person. 

I mean, yeah. It's not something that people really talk about at all, but someone like Naruto who is that fixated on some supposedly platonic male friend can't be with anyone, let alone Sakura. He would never put enough into it for it to work.

#49806 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:58 AM

Everyone please spread this around the site and to everyone you know especially in the eu cause this is very serious
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=XC6lRc7u-No

It is, but at the same time it's probably nothing that will last. I see two possible outcomes for it, first of all it already passed its first stage and it's about to pass and be a thing which either nothing will happen and everything will be just as it was or secondly it's going to be a complete nightmare and it will be revoked after a couple of months.

Also earthquake where I live just now, a big one.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#49807 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:38 PM

It is, but at the same time it's probably nothing that will last. I see two possible outcomes for it, first of all it already passed its first stage and it's about to pass and be a thing which either nothing will happen and everything will be just as it was or secondly it's going to be a complete nightmare and it will be revoked after a couple of months.

Also earthquake where I live just now, a big one.

Ya but we still need to make our voices heard.
Plus this bots they clam don't know the difference between pardoy or anything else, plus with how much stuff gets upload a second or day I don't see it keeping up that much and letting so much get passed it.
Plus I see riots happening.
I know you are right cause this site might be affected.

#49808 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:38 AM

I mean, yeah. It's not something that people really talk about at all, but someone like Naruto who is that fixated on some supposedly platonic male friend can't be with anyone, let alone Sakura. He would never put enough into it for it to work.

Because people didn't pay close enough attention to the actual writing. They either wrote it off as dumb shonen and just accepted what Naruto was presented as (me originally), or they began confusing canon with fanon. Hell, the people who write fanfics where they play up his backstory, turning him into a genius who hid how strong he really was, tend to be the worst for bashing Sasuke and Sakura during part 1 and never letting it go. They even make up crap that flies directly in the face of canon such as Naruto: The Last, but I digress.

Anyone with half a brain who pays attention to what's actually written can see a hell of a lot wrong with this series. Power creep, broken or questionable morals, character assassinations or flanderization, shoehorning in new elements so they can make filler episodes, retcons, Hinata pandering in the anime, the series is so flawed but because it hits the right notes with people, they overlook it. Kinda like The Last Jedi or Gundam SEED Destiny... now there's an unholy trio.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#49809 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:48 AM

Because people didn't pay close enough attention to the actual writing. They either wrote it off as dumb shonen and just accepted what Naruto was presented as (me originally), or they began confusing canon with fanon. Hell, the people who write fanfics where they play up his backstory, turning him into a genius who hid how strong he really was, tend to be the worst for bashing Sasuke and Sakura during part 1 and never letting it go. They even make up crap that flies directly in the face of canon such as Naruto: The Last, but I digress.

Anyone with half a brain who pays attention to what's actually written can see a hell of a lot wrong with this series. Power creep, broken or questionable morals, character assassinations or flanderization, shoehorning in new elements so they can make filler episodes, retcons, Hinata pandering in the anime, the series is so flawed but because it hits the right notes with people, they overlook it. Kinda like The Last Jedi or Gundam SEED Destiny... now there's an unholy trio.

You know all of this could've been ignored or less talked about if they actually delivered a decent ending.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#49810 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:04 AM

Naruto could have been the Kentucky Wildcats of manga. Instead it became the Louisville Cardinals of Manga.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49811 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:34 AM

Nah-uh, Nardo is NOT worthy enough to be compared to even the Louisville Cardinals :no:

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 November 2018 - 01:34 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#49812 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:39 PM

I...like TLJ...btw...yeah...SEED Destiny can go burn though. XD

2e5.gif

#49813 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:03 AM

I...like TLJ...btw...yeah...SEED Destiny can go burn though. XD

Only good Disney Era SW has been Rogue One.

#49814 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:49 PM

Only good Disney Era SW has been Rogue One.

Adreed. Mostly because it wasn't a carbon copy of a previous film/didn't messed up old canon characters.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#49815 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

Just want to take little time laying down in my backyard looking up to the sky and remembering ...

Remembering the NS moment and when Kushina told Naruto how did he meet and fall in love with Minato.

"I hate my hair because people make fun of it , but when i meet your father Minato it become the red thread of fate and now i love my hair"

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#49816 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:41 PM

Just want to take little time laying down in my backyard looking up to the sky and remembering ...

Remembering the NS moment and when Kushina told Naruto how did he meet and fall in love with Minato.

"I hate my hair because people make fun of it , but when i meet your father Minato it become the red thread of fate and now i love my hair"

The only Naruto canon pairing I can get behind outside of ShikaTema ofcourse :D 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#49817 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:46 AM

Such a beautiful story. Yet the author treated them as a "Red Herring" for NS. Yeah, probably another lie to cover himself, but it's still an insult to the characters and to NS fans uwu

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#49818 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:21 AM

I have a question. Do they still have NS tease in the anime/manga?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#49819 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:26 AM

I have a question. Do they still have NS tease in the anime/manga?

Sakura hasn't been seen in the original stuff in the Boruto manga yet, and since "Naruto is just Naruto to her" a year ago nothing from the anime as far as I know. I imagine they are too desperate selling BS to do anything else.

#49820 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

Why have BS when they could the "OTHER BS"? :zaru: They should be pushing for KS instead too!! :banana:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users