72 replies to this topic

#21 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

But why pay for something weeks behind when you can get the up-to-date version for free?

Answer: Be Faster then the competition, cut out the middleman by synchronized releases in multiple languages using the SJA format. Viz is in a position where making the customer happy will improve their business model. Direct Release would end scantilation faster then going site by site, eventually someone will say no to their cease order and they won't be able to stop them. Cause they could be in a country that doesn't recognize their laws on manga scans. People want it and want it now, instant gratification rules.

Edited by Insurrection, 12 February 2012 - 04:57 AM.

#22 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

maybe it can be a subscription type thing.........like you pay i dont know...8$ a month and get manga for the whole month and then pay 8$ again???? or something??? :o

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#23 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Feb 11 2012, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But why pay for something weeks behind when you can get the up-to-date version for free?

Answer: Be Faster then the competition, cut out the middleman by synchronized releases in multiple languages using the SJA format. Viz is in a position where making the customer happy will improve their business model. Direct Release would end scantilation faster then going site by site, eventually someone will say no to their cease order and they won't be able to stop them. Cause they could be in a country that doesn't recognize their laws on manga scans.

That cant work. Common sense doesnt apply in the real world.

-___-

trainercard_zpsafda1a60.png

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (al0eaz @ Feb 11 2012, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That cant work. Common sense doesnt apply in the real world.

-___-

Actually it does make sense. It is what I had said before: business.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 11 2012, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually it does make sense. It is what I had said before: business.

I know it makes sense. That's why I said it wouldnt. Something that's a good idea never happens. Its a common thing with the Marine Corps. We do stuff the hard way, even though we know there's an easier way to do it. The things that make the most sense and would profit the most almost never happen.

#26 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Feb 12 2012, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe.... But that's only 4 chapters. Let's just hope that Naruto will be done by the time all the other sources are gone. Hopefully they won't be. shamefulcry0js.gif

What has the world come to....

...i just wanna see narusaku before its gone........ shamefulcry0js.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#27 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

My responses:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#28 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Feb 12 2012, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...i just wanna see narusaku before its gone........ shamefulcry0js.gif

I know. shamefulcry0js.gif

#29 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

This is terrible news. sad.gif

At least the only other series I read on MS - Fairy Tail - will still be scanlated by them! Mangastream's online reader has always looked nicer than Mangareader's in my opinion, because the double spreads are allowed to fill more of your screen.

I understand VIZ's stance - like Derock said, it's business. It's just a shame that not only are the official releases weeks behind, the translation is also seen as inferior.

QUOTE (sardns @ Feb 12 2012, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So who here supports the official release of Naruto? If you do, then how? I buy the episodes on iTunes (excluding filler episodes). I'd rather buy the manga, but the way they translate it is so off-putting for me that I buy the anime episodes instead, which I think has a much better translation.

I've bought several volumes of the manga, though it's been a little while since I last bought one. sweatdrop.gif Like you, I have been concerned by the official translation, which was very bad in the early volumes. As well as the manga, I've also bought art books and merchandise e.g. plushies for the contests we run here.

#30 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

Well, crud. >:(

I'm sure that others will still scanlate the weekly chapters (but not at the same quality). However, I'm afraid that we'll now get spoiler summaries way before the chapter comes out. I've loved the fact that for the past several months, the chapter has been up on MangaStream every time I woke up Wednesday morning and I was never tempted to read any spoilers.

#31 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Damn it.. Its the same thing they did to OneManga...T_T

#32 Inori

Inori

The Slayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

damnn ;( not mangastream too ;( at least there's still mangafox...

#33 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

Man, Onemanga and the good old days. Now I've got to find a new source. Is mangafox the only other translating site since mangareader just uses mangastream?

#34 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 11 2012, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see why Mangastream has to shut down because Viz just started their digital releases with Shonen Jump ALPHA, plus ending regular mail publications. Knowing that there are free scanslations (which are illegal to tell the truth. Nate can fill in the rest if I didn't type in the real details) on the internet, what is the best way to do? Tell the the owners to stop posting it so they can get viewers, which they HAVE to subscribe in order to read manga such as Naruto and One Piece.

Problem about that is that they are weeks behind while the free ones are up-to-date.

Its all about business. (Actually, its all about the MONEY!)

I'm not a copyright lawyer, but this is one is easy.

Yeah, it is illegal. No question.

When they make it available online without the permission of a legitimate license or copyright holder they are making an unauthorized copy. Free or not, it doesn't matter. Their accommodations don't matter. If they did not secure the right to make copies from someone else who had that right, they can't do it. End of story.

I suspect Viz was threatening to sue them. Getting an injunction against them wouldn't be very hard.

Of course, it's about business. It's why the buy the license in the first place. To make money, otherwise they wouldn't bother. Those things aren't cheap.

#35 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

th_cussing.gif th_cussing.gif th_cussing.gif th_cussing.gif th_cussing.gif th_cussing.gif !!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.

Here I found some other manga sites if any ones interested. Mind you One of them is kinda slow.

http://www.mangareader.net/

http://www.mangahere.com/

http://www.mangarush.com/ (The slow one) And I mean that it takes a while for them to update right now the are one chapter behind in Naruto and maybe bleach or One Piece

Guess some know about Manga fox And I will look for some others in case those go down too. And NO ONE stab me in the back and report those sites. -__- HaHa Kidding, tongue.gif and yet not. hm.png

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 February 2012 - 03:49 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#36 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

In general, we think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem. For example, if a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate’s service is more valuable. Most DRM solutions diminish the value of the product by either directly restricting a customers use or by creating uncertainty.

Our goal is to create greater service value than pirates, and this has been successful enough for us that piracy is basically a non-issue for our company. For example, prior to entering the Russian market, we were told that Russia was a waste of time because everyone would pirate our products. Russia is now about to become our largest market in Europe.

Article here: NOW, this is HOW you wage war on Piracy.

Edited by Codus N, 12 February 2012 - 04:05 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#37 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Funny thing is, that the official subbed version of the anime is only a week behind, and free last I checked. So why would the mania be so much farther behind since they would have the text all there? And doesn't shonen jump have a online version of the magazine for subscription in japan?
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#38 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Feb 12 2012, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny thing is, that the official subbed version of the anime is only a week behind, and free last I checked. So why would the mania be so much farther behind since they would have the text all there? And doesn't shonen jump have a online version of the magazine for subscription in japan?

Its the law of things that should make sense. If it should happen and could happen it wont happen.

#39 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

I am unsure of what my stance is on this.

Personally Mangastream stopping translating Naruto does not inconvenience me a lot. Long ago I decided sticking to purchasing and reading the volumes, so it has been ages since I read Naruto online.

Nonetheless, I can understand what people read the chapters online is worried...

But I understand Viz's position on this. If they began uploading digital releases, an online site scanning and uploading the chapters ilegally would be a big trouble they would want doing something about...

However I think publishers are making it wrong. I think they should seek ways to promote and sell their products online, instead of shutting down everyone who spreads awareness about it. A lot of series can not be purchased legally on my country because companies think they would not be profitable or legal quarrels between companies prevent them from ever being sold out of Japan (for example, Go Nagai's anime shows can not be sold out of Japan due to legal fights between Go Nagai and Toei Animation), and fans have to resort to internet to read them or watch them. Of course, nobody is entitled to free manga or anime, but...

I hope they do not go after more sites. Mangastream's closing does not bother me very much because I read few modern mangas, but if they were going to close Dynamic Pro Scanlations, Happy Scans, Hokuto no Gun or Project Bite Me Scanlations...

Anyway, regarding the "I can not wait two whole weeks to read the newest chapter!" complain, I don't get the fuss. I do not want starting a "Back on my day" lecture, but when I grew up you had to wait weeks or even months to read the next chapter of your favorite comic-book. And almost fifteen years ago you could not find scanlators scanning, translating and uploading your favorite series weekly, so I am used to wait.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. I hope nobody got bored or offended.

Edited by Jenskott, 14 February 2012 - 04:22 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#40 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Mangareader is pretty up to date with their Naruto.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users