BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 01 September 2020 - 06:47 PM

say does anyone have links to fans in Japan thoughts and reviews on road to ninja?

#29082 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:15 PM

say does anyone have links to fans in Japan thoughts and reviews on road to ninja?

I wish I knew. I'd love to see something like that too.

#29083 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:49 PM

I wish I knew. I'd love to see something like that too.

https://movies.yahoo...p/movie/342159/

Here. Not the greatest, but higher rating than 'the last'. It may have used to be higher, since recent 2020 reviews have rated them more low. Google translate can help you.
One review rated low because they didn't like how Neji was treated and were still sad about Neji's death. 
Some complained about Sakura being selfish. (About how she thought Sasuke would understand and how she wanted to go home when she realized no parents weren't that great.)
In fact, a lot of fans seem to be confused and unhappy about the "Sasuke would understand" line. Rightfully so. They don't understand why she would say that. One review knocked the movie down 2 stars simply because of that.

Some found it boring or 'for girls'. Those are from the fans that only care about the fighting/battles/action. Road to Ninja was very focused on the emotional side, so there are fans disappointed about that. I think a lot of the lower reviews are about that.
But there are a lot of 5/5 stars praising the movie.

There is one that 5/5's the movie while saying that Road to Ninja is better than the last; saying 'the last' is not a real Naruto movie and just a movie for Hinata. :lulz: 

I jumped around the 5 star reviews and I didn't really see anything NaruSaku related. It was focused more on the family love aspect.
I'm sure there's something in there, but I didn't feel like looking through every single review.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 02 September 2020 - 10:50 PM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#29084 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:13 AM

Here. Not the greatest, but higher rating than 'the last'. It may have used to be higher, since recent 2020 reviews have rated them more low. Google translate can help you.
One review rated low because they didn't like how Neji was treated and were still sad about Neji's death. 
Some complained about Sakura being selfish. (About how she thought Sasuke would understand and how she wanted to go home when she realized no parents weren't that great.)
In fact, a lot of fans seem to be confused and unhappy about the "Sasuke would understand" line. Rightfully so. They don't understand why she would say that. One review knocked the movie down 2 stars simply because of that.

Some found it boring or 'for girls'. Those are from the fans that only care about the fighting/battles/action. Road to Ninja was very focused on the emotional side, so there are fans disappointed about that. I think a lot of the lower reviews are about that.

There is one that 5/5's the movie while saying that Road to Ninja is better than the last; saying 'the last' is not a real Naruto movie and just a movie for Hinata. :lulz: 

I jumped around the 5 star reviews and I didn't really see anything NaruSaku related. It was focused more on the family love aspect.
I'm sure there's something in there, but I didn't feel like looking through every single review.

Thank you this is helpful.

I suppose it's understandable as Sakura should know that Sasuke would of criticise her for saying that, given that he did so during chapter 3 when she said Naruto is lucky not to have parents. But I guess Kishimoto needed Sakura to learn the lesson so he had her be a bit like part 1 in the beginning of the movie. Granted perhaps Kishimoto should of thought of a way for her to have that lesson without bringing up Sasuke.

I suppose there would be a section of fans that do prefer action of character and emotions, makes me wonder if that if why some of the action of Naruto became over the top as it did. Then again this probably why so many of us here like road to ninja, as the focus is on characters we care about and their stories being more personal, compared to the other naruto films are more action ordinated with little plot and where original characters are created for the film gets all the development. The only exception I can think of is The Will of Fire where it focuses on Naruto & Kakahsi's student mentor bond and to a lesser extant Shikamaru's with Asuma's trying to inherit his will of fire, Sakura and Sai within their place as members of Team 7/Kakahsi (also some nice NaruSaku teasing from Sai) & gaara trying to protect his village. Also the K11 have some fun action moments.

Hahaha, well it's the truth. The last is Studio Pierrot's passion project to give Hinata her happy ending, by ruining everyone else's happy ending.

I had a bit of a search and founded one that said: Best Naruto's movie ever. Kushina&Minato, all characters are involving in the plot. Sakura understands Naruto's feelings.

#29085 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:31 AM

Yeah, no matter how you look at it, Sakura's line about Sasuke understanding makes zero sense. People really caught onto that and, naturally, everyone wasn't pleased with it. It's as if chapter 3 never happened.

But yeah. A lot of Naruto fans cared mostly about the action. Story/characters/emotions second. But they still mattered. Enough to make people angry at the ending. Not to mention, the action fans were certainly angry about The Last since it focused on Hinata instead of their favorites. They know the story enough that it didn't make sense to put Hinata in like that.

And honestly, chances are, those action fans are among the few who keep Burrito afloat.

#29086 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:29 AM

Yeah, no matter how you look at it, Sakura's line about Sasuke understanding makes zero sense. People really caught onto that and, naturally, everyone wasn't pleased with it. It's as if chapter 3 never happened.

But yeah. A lot of Naruto fans cared mostly about the action. Story/characters/emotions second. But they still mattered. Enough to make people angry at the ending. Not to mention, the action fans were certainly angry about The Last since it focused on Hinata instead of their favorites. They know the story enough that it didn't make sense to put Hinata in like that.

And honestly, chances are, those action fans are among the few who keep Burrito afloat.

...Sadly, that is likely since from what I can gather people seem to to talk about it- when they are not talking about how disappointing it was and how they are going to stop watching it- is that fight the copied from the movie against the effeminate one. People likely saw it, were impress, and are hoping for another epic fight like that one. Then get repeatedly disappointed as that fight never happens. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 September 2020 - 02:09 AM.

#29087 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:50 PM

...Sadly, that is likely since from what I can gather people seem to to talk about it- when they are not talking about how disappointing it was and how they are going to stop watching it- is that fight the copied from the movie against the effeminate one. people likely saw it and were impress and are hoping for another epic fight like that one. Then get repeatedly disappointed as that fight never happens. 

That really is sad for sure.

#29088 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 12:48 PM

yeah like I said, my main criticism was about how both of them were being childish and bratty at the beginning. Naruto, for snapping at Tetsu and Ayame when they were two of the handful of individuals that were always kind and considerate of him and treated him as a regualry kid since childhood unlike amlost everyone else in the village, and for the petty reason of not having his favourite ramen toppings. Sakura for being annoyed at her parents for asking her to do chores for once and behave more like an adult since she will have to fend for herself at some point (ironic since she ended being SOOOOO happy with being a single mom and house keeper with her beloved man candy hsuband not even being around for all of their child's life)  and having the audacity to complain to Nartuo that he wouldn't understand her life since she of ALL PEOPLE is the most emotionaly close to Naruto and should understand beyond any doubt how hard he has it for being an orphan and that having parents at all would be a blessing for him. But again, I understand it was for the plot of the movie. Admittedly, character consistency and personality is sometimes ignored for the sake of plot convienience as we all know or to expand a story point because it wouldn't work if the character DIDN'T behave as they did. Just saying

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 September 2020 - 12:49 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29089 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:11 PM

Probably the reason why the movie is not supposed to be canon as it practically cramps in all the development those two got from part 1 to 2 at that point in the series.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 05 September 2020 - 11:14 PM.

#29090 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 06 September 2020 - 12:51 AM

Is it wrong that I want Naruto to be hacked up like David in the last of us?
Hard to say what's worse the last , the last of us part 2 or the last jedi weird that all three have Last in them.
Also why is it called the Naruto if Naruto is still going on.

#29091 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)

Posted 06 September 2020 - 02:25 AM

Is it wrong that I want Naruto to be hacked up like David in the last of us?
Hard to say what's worse the last , the last of us part 2 or the last jedi weird that all three have Last in them.
Also why is it called the Naruto if Naruto is still going on.

I can see why you would want that to happen, but truthfully, I see Naruto as a victim in all this. He was already hacked up character-wise for the sake of Hinatiddy-sama-hime-chan-san-domo-goddess. And Sakura was hacked up character-wise as well so she could make way for said Hinatiddy-sama-hime-chan-san-domo-goddess.

No matter how you look at it all, it could be argued that over half of all the bad things that happened in the Naruto ending is because of Hinata and her legion of hinatards.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 06 September 2020 - 02:26 AM.

#29092 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 06 September 2020 - 11:11 AM

I can see why you would want that to happen, but truthfully, I see Naruto as a victim in all this. He was already hacked up character-wise for the sake of Hinatiddy-sama-hime-chan-san-domo-goddess. And Sakura was hacked up character-wise as well so she could make way for said Hinatiddy-sama-hime-chan-san-domo-goddess.
No matter how you look at it all, it could be argued that over half of all the bad things that happened in the Naruto ending is because of Hinata and her legion of hinatards.

I say it's the fans of hinata that are the problem hinata is more a victim of her own popularity but I agree. Still don't see why she's more important than Naruto

#29093 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 06 September 2020 - 08:52 PM

Well, I think we all need to remember that to Hinata fans in their minds at least is that Hinata was the main character of the manga and not Naruto. Hell, some outright hate Naruto, and only wanted Hinata to be with him so she could have her happy ending. Now that is what I call sad; why even read the manga when you don't like the main character?

#29094 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 01:23 AM

Well, I think we all need to remember that to Hinata fans in their minds at least is that Hinata was the main character of the manga and not Naruto. Hell, some outright hate Naruto, and only wanted Hinata to be with him so she could have her happy ending. Now that is what I call sad; why even read the manga when you don't like the main character?

I buy that but I asked if they hate Naruto why have them ship the two cause it makes no damn sense then again NH fans never sense. I really want Naruto to go through the last of us so his mortals go out the window

#29095 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 10:38 AM

They started watching it when they were young and it was the only anime on.

So, they watched it. They saw hinata early on that either for girls that she was shy like them or for boys she really liked Naruto and that she wasn't a friend-zoning kitten to Naruto like Sakura was. Then the chunin exam and her fight with Neji won her a lot of fans that felt she deserved to be with Naruto. Eventually, it became she was entitled to him.

Not helped that after the chunin exam she complete loses any relevance for years because kishimoto has no ability to follow through with characters; once he is done with their initial story, he is done. So, they had to twist the story and their thoughts to justify why she was relevant. Then because of the new editors she became relevant and they exploded. Hinata is the true main character and is entitled to everything she wants anything in her way is evil.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 September 2020 - 12:52 PM.

#29096 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:02 AM

They started watching it when they were young and it was the only anime on.

So, they watched it. They saw hinata early on that either for girls that she was shy like them or for boys she really liked Naruto and that she wasn't a friend-zoning kitten to Naruto like Sakura was. Then the chunin exam and her fight with Neji won her a lot of fans that felt she deserved to be with Naruto. Eventually, it became she was entitled to him.

Not helped that after the chunin exam she complete loses any relevance for years because kishimoto has no ability to follow through with characters; once he is done with their initial story, he is done. So, they had to twist the story and their thoughts to justify why she was relevant. Then because of the new editors she became relevant and they exploded. Hinata is the true main character and is entitled to everything she wants anything in her way is evil.

Sounds like an accurate summary

#29097 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:19 PM

In essence it was only wish fullfillment for them. Both hinata and the series it self. They weren't actually following the story by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 September 2020 - 12:20 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29098 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:55 PM

In essence, it was only wish fulfillment for them. Both hinata and the series it self. They weren't actually following the story by any stretch of the imagination.

They followed the Hinata moments and added more meaning and importance to those scene in their minds. The rest of the story; they watched it.

The Cheating at the Exam. She was there to tempt Naruto with easy answers for an exam that focuses on his major weaknesses; he is book dumb and unsubtle. So, he could quickly realize that wouldn't work. Remember when he was about to look over he heard taping looked over to a Chunin who looked back at him with a knowing look saying, "I see you and you have already gotten your first strike." This helped lead to his speech of bringing on the final question he will become Hokage even if fails the question and would never become chunin. It was also to introduce her so we would like her as set up for the Neji fight.   To them, it was to show how selfless she was to everyone and to start the romance.

The medicine was just more build up to making us like her before the Neji fight.  To them, it shows how much she loves him and wanted to take care of him.

The Neji vs Hinata fight was at its core to make us dislike Neji -since he was betting up on the nice girl we were introduced to- so we would root for Naruto when he fought him. There was more going on about this but meh I'm lazy right now.  To them, it showed how awesome and incredible she is and how much she loves Naruto and how devoted she is to him.

The meeting before the fight was to add depth to Naruto by showing us a moment of doubt. Then getting a pick up and reminder by the girl he somewhat fight to avenge her defeat. Finishing off with Naruto considering her a friend, even if she is a little weird. To them, it showed how naturally they bond, how devote Hinata was to Naruto, and how deep down he must love her and he would realize it sooner if it wasn't for the whore's claws in him.

Naruto vs Neji fight to them was entirely about avenging hinata and how Naruto deep down wanted to kill Neji for hurting her perfection. When it was really about Naruto disagreeing with Neji's belief of fate and that it cannot change with his treatment Hinata was one of the aspects he disagrees with along with Lee as well.

Following this pattern hopefully you can guess the rest.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 November 2021 - 02:05 AM.

#29099 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:56 PM

They followed the Hinata moments and added more meaning and importance to those scene in their minds. The rest of the story; they watched it.

The Cheating at the Exam. She was there to tempt Naruto with easy answers for an exam that focuses on his major weaknesses; he is book dumb and unsubtle. So, he could quickly realize that wouldn't work. Remember when he was about to look over he heard taping looked over to a Chunin who looked back at him with a knowing look saying, "I see you and you have already gotten your first strike." This helped lead to his speech of bringing on the final quest he will become Hokage even if fails the question and would never become chunin. It was also to introduce her so we would like her as set up for the Neji fight.   To them it was to show how selfless she was to everyone and to start the romance.

The medicine was just more build up to making us like her before the Neji fight.  To them it shows how much she loves him and wanted to take care of him.

The Neji vs Hinata fight was at its core to make us dislike Neji -since he was betting up on the nice girl we were introduced to- so we would root for Naruto when he fought him. There was more going on but meh I'm lazy right now.  To them it showed how awesome and incredible she is and how much she loves Naruto and how devoted she is to him.

The meeting before the fight was to add depth to Naruto by showing us a moment of doubt. Then getting a pick up and reminder by the girl he somewhat fight to avenge.Finishing off with Naruto considering her a friend, even if she is a little weird. To them, it showed how naturally they bond, how devote Hinata was to Naruto, and how deep down he must love her and he would realize it sooner if it wasn't for the whore's claws in him.

Naruto vs Neji fight to them was entirely about avenging hinata and how Naruto deep down wanted to kill Neji for hurting her perfection. When it was really about Naruto disagreeing with Neji's belief of fate and that it cannot change with his treatment Hinata was one of the aspects he disagrees with along with Lee as well.

Yeah. The cheating part too also seems to serve realistically as a way to show us just how much Hinata doesn't believe in what Naruto can do, considering how we do see it more and more as the Chunin Exams go, like how she flinches easily when he fights Kiba, while Sakura is his loudest supporter, with Lee in a close second after he'd underestimated Naruto himself but realizing how wrong he was, and also how she wanted Naruto to give up as she was suffering from her wounds after her fight with Neji when Naruto got walloped by the 8 Trigrams 64 Palms and had his Tenketsu sealed before he tapped into Kurama's chakra to reopen them.

That, in retrospective, instantly can tell you Hinata only admires the Naruto she has watched from afar, without knowing the real him, without knowing how motivated he can get when he sets his mind on something, how he'll stand up for people when push comes to shove, how he isn't a fan of quitters or people who have suffered like he has but chose to not punch back when the world punched them first (look at Inari and Tsunade as big examples), etc. And it even shows too in other arcs afterwards too. And it shows why NaruHina was a last minute decision, not something that was planned intricately like NaruSaku was.

#29100 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:22 AM

The Cheating at the Exam. She was there to tempt Naruto with easy answers for an exam that focuses on his major weaknesses; he is book dumb and unsubtle. So, he could quickly realize that wouldn't work. Remember when he was about to look over he heard taping looked over to a Chunin who looked back at him with a knowing look saying, "I see you and you have already gotten your first strike." This helped lead to his speech of bringing on the final quest he will become Hokage even if fails the question and would never become chunin. It was also to introduce her so we would like her as set up for the Neji fight.   To them it was to show how selfless she was to everyone and to start the romance.

The medicine was just more build up to making us like her before the Neji fight.  To them it shows how much she loves him and wanted to take care of him.

The Neji vs Hinata fight was at its core to make us dislike Neji -since he was betting up on the nice girl we were introduced to- so we would root for Naruto when he fought him. There was more going on but meh I'm lazy right now.  To them it showed how awesome and incredible she is and how much she loves Naruto and how devoted she is to him.

The meeting before the fight was to add depth to Naruto by showing us a moment of doubt. Then getting a pick up and reminder by the girl he somewhat fight to avenge.Finishing off with Naruto considering her a friend, even if she is a little weird. To them, it showed how naturally they bond, how devote Hinata was to Naruto, and how deep down he must love her and he would realize it sooner if it wasn't for the whore's claws in him.

Well not like that matters in the end  :hm:

Ultimately Neji was correct. "Fate" does exist and Naruto beat Neji exactly because of that, and Neji also died like he was fated to as a member of the side branch of the Hyuuga  :lmao:

Naruto being the "Chosen One" of Asura or whatever else it was honestly terrible. One of the many terrible retcons Kishi did in late Naruto

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users