Close
Photo

What was the Mysterious Power Itachi gave Naruto?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#1 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

What was the Mysterious Power Itachi gave Naruto? Any ideas? Sasuke/Sakura/Naruto Predictions also smile.gif.

I think it is a temporary sharingan.. heheelq7.png lol what do you guys think?

EDIT: Emoticon Change/Spelling&Grammer Error Corrections.

2/16/11: changed the " laugh.gif " emoticon to " heheelq7.png "

Edited by theorangehokage, 16 February 2011 - 11:50 PM.

---

#2 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:02 AM

Mr. Bean knows the answer!

#3 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Dec 31 2010, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr. Bean knows the answer!

111189.gif

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#4 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Dec 30 2010, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
111189.gif

laugh.gif hahaa, but seriously what do you guys think? What could it be? I am just curious because this links up with the other topic i made yesterday and could "complete the picture" so to say. happy.gif

---

#5 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

I think it'll be revealed that Itachi knew that there was Senju blood in Naruto, and so he added the missing Uchiha parts needed for unlocking the Sage of the Six Paths abilities (which, so far, we've only seen the hint that Naruto was capable of).

Just a theory, though.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#6 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Dec 31 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it'll be revealed that Itachi knew that there was Senju blood in Naruto, and so he added the missing Uchiha parts needed for unlocking the Sage of the Six Paths abilities (which, so far, we've only seen the hint that Naruto was capable of).

Just a theory, though.

Well actually that is a very high possibility but that would basically give madara all he needs to be complete sageof six paths. The 6 paths are: senju, uchiha, rinnegan, body of sage(naruto now after controlling 9 tails chakra) , bijuu, and the last path i cant figure out but i think its izanagi.

---

#7 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (theorangehokage @ Dec 31 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well actually that is a very high possibility but that would basically give madara all he needs to be complete sageof six paths. The 6 paths are: senju, uchiha, rinnegan, body of sage(naruto now after controlling 9 tails chakra) , bijuu, and the last path i cant figure out but i think its izanagi.

wow that's quite the theory...i haven't thought about it that way before. i got really confused during the whole madara pein rinnegan crazy arc

#8 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Dec 31 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow that's quite the theory...i haven't thought about it that way before. i got really confused during the whole madara pein rinnegan crazy arc

haha i know right! Lol but yeah, that arc was confusing because it had alot of plot twists but the main point was still there and it was to get all six paths

---

#9 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

I gave my answer right?

Itachi's chakra, to protect Naruto from his own eyes, that have just been taken over by Sasuke.

I said that Sasuke will find himself unable to kill Naruto with the EMS.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#10 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

I don't think it's a power, exactly. Rather, I think it's something very normal.

I think it's a message Itachi left for Sasuke, that will activate when Sasuke uses Itachi's eyes on Naruto.

Sasuke has shown time and again that he is easily swayed. A message from Itachi could be all that's needed for him to realize what a tool he's been.

#11 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jan 16 2011, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it's a power, exactly. Rather, I think it's something very normal.

I think it's a message Itachi left for Sasuke, that will activate when Sasuke uses Itachi's eyes on Naruto.

Sasuke has shown time and again that he is easily swayed. A message from Itachi could be all that's needed for him to realize what a tool he's been.

well... are talking about sorta like a "hologram communicator" ( ex.. off of starwars the thingy that they use to communicate with).. but im still thinking it will be to complete sage of six paths... but a "communicator", not a bad theory... but now im thinking it may be that, because in the OVA sasuke seemed to use EMS and naruto didnt get effected.. any other hints guys? or theories?

---

#12 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (theorangehokage @ Jan 16 2011, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well... are talking about sorta like a "hologram communicator" ( ex.. off of starwars the thingy that they use to communicate with).. but im still thinking it will be to complete sage of six paths... but a "communicator", not a bad theory... but now im thinking it may be that, because in the OVA sasuke seemed to use EMS and naruto didnt get effected.. any other hints guys? or theories?

Dude, too bad it was only an OVA! I don't think it's really a hint. Besides, he might not have tried to use any genjutsu, or whatever on him, maybe just to follow his movements more clearly.

#13 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:01 AM

^^^ true... ): i thought i was on to something..... But im wondering it is linked to madara?

---

#14 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

I know exactly what the power will be, once Naruto and Sasuke are fighting, Itachi will appear before Sasuke and slap him across the face and berate him for not being a good friend and tell him to change his ways. tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#15 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:06 AM

^^^ XD omg! Lol lls!

---

#16 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:01 AM

But here's the thing about Itachi: He never revealed to Sasuke about his good intentions while he was alive. Their battle was vicious and brutal and nearly killed Sasuke. The revelation about his good nature came from Madara. (We all know this, of course.)

Itachi planned to go to the grave with Sasuke believing he was the enemy. If it wasn't for Madara's story, plus pushing Sasuke to remember some few moments of Itachi's kindness, then Sasuke would still believe he was an enemy.

I don't think it's going to be something that "works with" Sasuke. Itachi spent his life deepening the rift between them. And he was a manipulator until the end, embedding Sasuke with the amaterasu that would immediately override Sasuke's powers to set fire to Madara.

(Also, why the hell didn't Itachi just hit Madara with the amaterasu when he was alive? Spared Sasuke at least one mindfuck? No, for whatever reason, Itachi wants Sasuke to mature into something. He's stolen the kid's life and replaced it with wrath and revenge, and so far, the reason has not yet been revealed. For now, Sasuke's still a pawn, and Itachi's still a manipulator.)

If Madara's story about Itachi's love for Konoha can be believed, then I think it will be something that protects Naruto/Kyuubi from control by the sharingan. If Madara ever regained control of the kyuubi in any form, his first order of business would be to wipeout Konoha.

I think whatever power Itachi gave Naruto, it is a failsafe. So, from Itachi's pov, worst-case scenario would be he dies, and Sasuke gets his eyes, then Madara's got basically a reincarnation of his former self that could control the kyuubi (or whatever part he can get a hold of).

In his life, Itachi was always a loner and a manipulator. Only in death did his reasons for being that way change. The amaterasu shows that he was planning on Sasuke being approached and/or swayed by Madara, and he took great pains to capitalize on that.

So I think the power is going to be something that kicks-in when all hope is lost. I don't think it is going to be something that Naruto summons up and can control. And I don't think it will work in collaboration with Sasuke. Itachi has already shown that he is expecting Sasuke to be a pawn.

Whatever it turns out to be, one thing is certain: Itachi will still be manipulating, even from beyond the grave.

#17 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

^^^ Well... I must agree, it does go along with my theory of madara obtainin the six patbs (in other thread i made, the predictions one) ... But the reason he gave sasuke his powers at such a late time is because, remeber he was forcing into his death by taking pills, etc... So he was weakened

---

#18 kristy

kristy

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

Itachi give Naruto his own power, Since Itachi's most important goal to keep his brother alive. Although that power was almost same as Sasuke, But Itachi knew there will be little battle with Sharingan and Naruto will won over with the use of his power.

#19 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

^^^ well, itachi (imo) thought tht naruto is the won to bring sasuke to good, tht is probably why...

---

#20 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

I think that the theory about it being a message for sasuke might be quite accurate, if you consider the accompanying conversation between Naruto and Itachi. It was all about what Naruto would do if Madara could convince him to join his cause (i know that it isn't really madara's cause he follows but you get what I'm saying right?!).

And that the message is some kind of backup for setting the trap in sasuke's eye for madara. Madara said when he triggered the trap that he was lucky that Itachi didn't know everything about him, but perhaps Itachi did account for that and left the message (inside naruto) to be able to give one last shot on persuading Sasuke if it was needed.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users