176 replies to this topic

#101 Sorixed

Sorixed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 3 2006, 04:14 PM)
Yamato: The amount or size of the things you do for him don't matter...
Only how much you care.

Heh...

You know Sakura, I can tell just by looking at you.
You really l-

You can read the rest of his work here: http://mangahelpers....hp?topic=1728.0

That was a bit cheeky, putting in the beginning of "love". tongue.gif

:blink:
If that translation is an accurate representation of what is actually said, and not just the cheekiness of the translator, then the NaruSaku's have it made. We will basically have almost concrete evidence of Sakura's 'love' for Naruto.

Yeah,especially the part Yamato:you really l- and he gets interupted it would be solid of what he was going to say but .. there are different translations on that though. Why is naruto waking up saying ow-WOW-Wow xd ?

#102 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

I think most (If not almost all) of the translators gave a similar take on that line... And you should know better than to worry, Sori-chan. smile.gif

#103 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:35 AM

Hey Soritia, where'd you get that sig? It's nice smile.gif

#104 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

SasuSaku and NaruHina are probably gonna flame the translator, sayin that hes a NaruSaku supporter

#105 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:43 AM

lol thats what i said, no ones reading my translation ;-;

#106 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:10 AM

I READ IT!! XD

I don't want to get TOO excited about the whole thing, because a part of me is still terrified that the rug is going to be pulled out from under us, but....

Again. WHY would Kishi waste page space on something that's meaningless, eh? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, particularly with a manga like this one.

XDDDDDDDD OH FORGET IT. I'M STOKED. OUT OF MY MIND. XD

#107 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Grengo @ Mar 3 2006, 04:35 PM)

I got it from the Grand Sakura Fanart Archive!
http://img289.images...php?g=116iy.jpg

It was a tough choice. It was either that one or this one.

th_glomp.gif @ Blayze. I know. I have a stupid habit of doubting the most canon things cause I think it's too good to be true.

Hinano, you made a translation? D: Sorry, maybe I wasn't reading close enough!
*runs off to find it*

#108 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:25 AM

*points to your sig* your the one to talk. As i already stated before. More and more Translations are leaning towards NaruSaku, and yet it is not odd at all how you rely on only one translation. I read only three and one of them is sho's version. The other two referr to her feelings towards Naruto. I have stated my point, i eagerly await your answer.

my answer to him taking off all my rep. Why that litlle...

#109 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 3 2006, 07:14 PM)
If that translation is an accurate representation of what is actually said, and not just the cheekiness of the translator, then the NaruSaku's have it made. We will basically have almost concrete evidence of Sakura's 'love' for Naruto.

Not precisely.

It's nearly concrete evidence that Yamato thinks Sakura loves Naruto. One could still argue that he's mistaken. And he hasn't seen her with Sasuke (although I'd e inclined to think that would cement his opinion).

But it's a very sweet bit to add to the tally of NaruSaku-ness. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#110 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:48 AM

Yeah, who knows when Sasuke is gonna show up. Then the love triangle for Part 2 begins. That wont be pretty. sweatdrop.gif

#111 Guest_jtl889_*

Guest_jtl889_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:13 AM

wow u people are pessimistic, ur sounding almost sasusaku

you see, i'm suggesting (in order not to start some pointless heated debate) that a major theme of pt 2 will be sakura proving that she's no longer the naive little girl that used to follow sasuke around. and by this time, i think her feelings for naruto are pretty clear... @ least in my pov, u can disagree if u like, but i'm just saying...

#112 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Soritia @ Mar 3 2006, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Grengo @ Mar 3 2006, 04:35 PM)

I got it from the Grand Sakura Fanart Archive!
http://img289.images...php?g=116iy.jpg

It was a tough choice. It was either that one or this one.

th_glomp.gif @ Blayze. I know. I have a stupid habit of doubting the most canon things cause I think it's too good to be true.

Hinano, you made a translation? D: Sorry, maybe I wasn't reading close enough!
*runs off to find it*

Soritia. Thank you. ::bows::
::turns on Handel's Messiah:: The Toga picture, and the Santa Picture.
Merry Christmas and Ha Lle Lu Jah.

On another completely related to the current post topic, ... wait what was my train of thought? Yes. Sasuke. That will be the reunion to end all reunions. I wonder if it will be a playback of Tsu/Jir/Oro battle, or if it will be much more emotional. (I'm banking on far more emotional. Far Far more emotional. But as usual, I am sure Naruto will be saving a beautiful woman. He does that a lot. I like that, actually.)

#113 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (jtl889 @ Mar 4 2006, 12:13 AM)

you see, i'm suggesting (in order not to start some pointless heated debate) that a major theme of pt 2 will be sakura proving that she's no longer the naive little girl that used to follow sasuke around. and by this time, i think her feelings for naruto are pretty clear... @ least in my pov, u can disagree if u like, but i'm just saying...

I agree.

And that's why we need Sasuke to reappear - to help prove it.

#114 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

I don't want to be pessimistic and I can't nearly speak a word japanese, but I always thought the japanese language has no letters, I thought one sign stands for one word? If so, than it would be impossible to write just the beginning of the word love in japanese. they have to write the whole sign or nothing.
But probably I'm totally wrong, as I said, I almost don't know anything about that language... wish I could speak it though... sad.gif
Help me out Hinano! laugh.gif

#115 NeoSapien

NeoSapien

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Mar 4 2006, 09:54 AM)
I don't want to be pessimistic and I can't nearly speak a word japanese, but I always thought the japanese language has no letters, I thought one sign stands for one word? If so, than it would be impossible to write just the beginning of the word love in japanese. they have to write the whole sign or nothing.
But probably I'm totally wrong, as I said, I almost don't know anything about that language... wish I could speak it though... sad.gif
Help me out Hinano!  laugh.gif

There are different words for love, and some of them are written with multiple symbols. For instance, "daisuki" could have been split, leaving only the "dai-" to suggest the rest.

However, it's a moot point as HissouburaiKen almost certainly added that "l-" himself as his interpretation. It isn't hard evidence, but it is nice that a previously neutral translator sees the sentence that way.

#116 Zoe

Zoe

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Mar 4 2006, 08:54 AM)
Help me out Hinano!  laugh.gif

NeoSapien already explained this, but just to add on, in this case, nothing is cut off in the middle. The text is:

君 は 本当 は ...

Which without any interpretation comes out to "You really..."

#117 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Mar 4 2006, 12:51 AM)
QUOTE (jtl889 @ Mar 4 2006, 12:13 AM)

I agree.

And that's why we need Sasuke to reappear - to help prove it.

I agree, too. Sakura doesn't seem like the Sasuke follower anymore. She has changed for the better, thanks to Naruto. We need Sasuke to show up to prove this, like what Nick said. happy.gif

#118 Yuriko

Yuriko

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:13 PM

"It doesn't matter being able to do something big or small... what is important is the size of your feelings for naruto."
"Sakura... when I look at you, I understand. You really..."

that's what I could get after half an hour trying to see the hiragana beside the kanji... but Hinano's is definately the best one translated XD

... *squeee* is just so clear now. I agree that Kishi wouldn't waste a page writing all that out just for nothing. The fact is that Kishi wanted to add romance and this is a sign of one blooming *jumps up and down on the bed* *rushes off to PS in an attempt of a narusaku siggie* 8D

#119 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:20 PM

愛 - LOVE
好きー I Like You
大好き - I love you
愛してる - I love you
恋してる - I'm in love
恋 - love/infatuation
ほれる - to fall in love
好きになる - to start to like someone
気にいってる - to have interest in someone

and typically when someone says "you like someon" they say
あなたほんと___のこと好きなんだね
anata honto ____ no koto suki nanda ne

which is why in our situation
さくらあなたほんとは
and had naruto not waken up it mighta been
ナルトのこと好きなんだね

biggrin.gif

#120 Sorixed

Sorixed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

What Naruto thinks of sakura ! For the people who are unsure in this thread about if naruto still likes her, it's not really clear about his feelings but who knows. Colored pages by Naruto central .Well of course you shouldn't play around Naruto look what happened at 297 you got punched XD! msmack.gif http://groups.msn.co...o&PhotoID=16220

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users