• Please log in to reply
3333 replies to this topic

#1041 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:R.I.P Naruto (1999-2009), NaruSaku (always), Bleach, FMA, SnK, Inuyasha, Classic CN, KH2, A:TLA, Classic Yugioh, 90s shows, Good Storytelling (surprise me)

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

Boruto is just a cheap shonen story. It's makes most stereotypes looks like Freudian philosophy. Like the pairings, the story, and series...it all looks good on the surface, but look deeper and you can see how shallow it truly is.

It's main purpose is just to bring in any extra cash. It's clear Kishimoto was drained with the Naruto series well into the 4th ninja banana arc. He mentioned he wanted to work on a sci-fi manga yet on countless accounts over the last 3 years he's been brought in to fix what Ikemoto had trouble with (aka drawing various characters, story proof reading, etc).

So yes, it's a cash grab, but what I'm curious is to see how long it can last by milking the main cast (which is primarily the main reason anyone follows it). Frankly there are better anime and manga out there. Naruto no longer has the appeal it had years ago and ANYONE with dignity and self respect can admit this. Shippuden has many flaws, but the original Naruto is a classic, and Burrito will never compare.

It's merely relying on fans that have nostalgia and years of investment and need some way to cope.

LfUZGEl.gif

Naruto on Obito: "He was the COOLEST guy..."  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1042 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

It's main purpose is just to bring in any extra cash. It's clear Kishimoto was drained with the Naruto series well into the 4th ninja banana arc. He mentioned he wanted to work on a sci-fi manga yet on countless accounts over the last 3 years he's been brought in to fix what Ikemoto had trouble with (aka drawing various characters, story proof reading, etc).

So yes, it's a cash grab, but what I'm curious is to see how long it can last by milking the main cast (which is primarily the main reason anyone follows it). Frankly there are better anime and manga out there. Naruto no longer has the appeal it had years ago and ANYONE with dignity and self respect can admit this. Shippuden has many flaws, but the original Naruto is a classic, and Burrito will never compare.

It's merely relying on fans that have nostalgia and years of investment and need some way to cope.

They also brought in someone to write the story (or at least its script) because my guess is he isn't even creative enough to come up with a story (or at least write the dialogue). His role while they were working on Naruto was to be Kishi's yes man of a background artist who would also finish up anything else kishimoto was to lazy to do with the artwork. That may make him a great assistant, but that doesn't mean he would make for a great successor.

They are at least going to make it last till hopefully Black Clover takes off. That became painfully clear after that one tweet where the editor-n-chief of WSJ hopes Black Clover becomes the next Naruto. Also its not like anyone other the Salad in this generation have any appeal or interesting personality. So it would be hard to make interesting story that weren't just call backs to Naruto. And as for the older cast; Naruto lost a lot of his appeal when he became "the worst scumbag" because he was lying to everyone for fifteen years.

I wonder how long it can last on nostalgia? The manga must be testing even the most die-hard fanatics at this point, and their is only so much the anime can do. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 November 2017 - 03:12 PM.

#1043 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

One good thing I will say about this series is that Naruto's struggling rampant alcoholism adds a level of nuance to the character that the original series was never really able to convey. Rather than come to terms with his failing marriage, the self-loathing that being the Hokage brings him or the fact that he allowed the woman of his dreams to fall into the arms of someone who couldn't care less about her, he turns to the sauce. The sauce. Always the sauce. Not just every once in a while. Not just at parties. Not just during the evening. No, he is chugging the stuff 24/7. Washing and scrubbing away all of his worries and failures with thoughts of the good ole days. Whenever someone knocks on the door to the Hokage's office, he sends them away tellling them he's busy with "paper work." Boruto doesn't quite understand his father's constant paper work lust, but knows he's not wrong to suspect that something strange is going on behind closed doors. Here, we see a rather eloquent theme of escapism at work. Just as the readers read these stories to escape from the struggles of everyday life so that they may place themselves in the shoes of a superpowered super ninja, Naruto uses the alcohol to escape from his terrible life and into a world full of smiles. A world full of nothing but the good ole days.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#1044 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

One good thing I will say about this series is that Naruto's struggling rampant alcoholism adds a level of nuance to the character that the original series was never really able to convey. Rather than come to terms with his failing marriage, the self-loathing that being the Hokage brings him or the fact that he allowed the woman of his dreams to fall into the arms of someone who couldn't care less about her, he turns to the sauce. The sauce. Always the sauce. Not just every once in a while. Not just at parties. Not just during the evening. No, he is chugging the stuff 24/7. Washing and scrubbing away all of his worries and failures with thoughts of the good ole days. Whenever someone knocks on the door to the Hokage's office, he sends them away telling them he's busy with "paper work."

Boruto doesn't quite understand his father's constant paper work lust, but knows he's not wrong to suspect that something strange is going on behind closed doors.

Here, we see a rather eloquent theme of escapism at work. Just as the readers read these stories to escape from the struggles of everyday life so that they may place themselves in the shoes of a superpowered super ninja, Naruto uses the alcohol to escape from his terrible life and into a world full of smiles. A world full of nothing but the good ole days.

...Huh. You're right if they actually went all out with it instead of trying to suppress it. This may actually been an interesting story. Shame they are instead hiding it to cover up because they are too obsessed with the girl they paired him up with in the anime. And for the manga they are too lazy, uncreative, and apathetic to do anything with it.

Then again what do expect form a guy who name translated to English means fish cakes.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 November 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#1045 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:06 PM

One good thing I will say about this series is that Naruto's struggling rampant alcoholism adds a level of nuance to the character that the original series was never really able to convey. Rather than come to terms with his failing marriage, the self-loathing that being the Hokage brings him or the fact that he allowed the woman of his dreams to fall into the arms of someone who couldn't care less about her, he turns to the sauce. The sauce. Always the sauce. Not just every once in a while. Not just at parties. Not just during the evening. No, he is chugging the stuff 24/7. Washing and scrubbing away all of his worries and failures with thoughts of the good ole days. Whenever someone knocks on the door to the Hokage's office, he sends them away tellling them he's busy with "paper work." Boruto doesn't quite understand his father's constant paper work lust, but knows he's not wrong to suspect that something strange is going on behind closed doors. Here, we see a rather eloquent theme of escapism at work. Just as the readers read these stories to escape from the struggles of everyday life so that they may place themselves in the shoes of a superpowered super ninja, Naruto uses the alcohol to escape from his terrible life and into a world full of smiles. A world full of nothing but the good ole days.

I was just listening to this song:

And I imagined Naruto listening to it while drowning his sorrows in booze after I read your comment xD
Lyrics seem kinda feeting too.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#1046 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:R.I.P Naruto (1999-2009), NaruSaku (always), Bleach, FMA, SnK, Inuyasha, Classic CN, KH2, A:TLA, Classic Yugioh, 90s shows, Good Storytelling (surprise me)

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

Meanwhile at Naruto's office, while doing "paperwork".  :D

7WSg731.gif

LfUZGEl.gif

Naruto on Obito: "He was the COOLEST guy..."  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1047 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

...Huh. You're right if they actually went all out with it instead of trying to suppress it. This may actually been an interesting story. Shame they are instead hiding it to cover up because they are too obsessed with the girl they paired him up with in the anime. And for the manga they are too lazy, uncreative, and apathetic to do anything with it.

Yeah, just cut out all of the focus on the Boruto crap and keep Naruto as the lead.

Maybe make it a riches to rags story where the daimyo gets tired of Naruto's drunken antics and takes away his position as Hokage. Hinata, having outgrown her 20 year infatuation, finally puts her foot down and walks out on her drunken husband, moves to another village, gets remarried and takes the kids with her. Having wasted all of his money on booze, Naruto quickly becomes homeless and finds himself sleeping in a dumpster one night with his last bottle of sake carefully nested in his arms. While taking out the trash, Ichiraku notices Naruto and asks him wtf has happened to his life. Naruto, who has a scruffy beard at this point, goes on a slurred and drunken rant about becoming "the next Hokage" and how "everyone would have to respect him then". Feeling sorry for him, Ichiraku helps him out the dumpster, helps him get cleaned up and gives him a job behind the counter at the ramen stand. Thinking he can get some more booze money, Naruto accepts and starts his first day in the service industry. 

A couple of years pass by and Naruto has become a source of ridicule throughout the ninja community so much to the point to where things aren't all that different than they were during his days at the ninja academy. People constantly mock him for being a drunken loser who got fired from being Hokage (something which has never happened to a kage before). Everyone mocks him except . . . Sarada. Sarada comes to see Naruto every day and treats him with the utmost respect and interest, as if he were still the Hokage.  Everytime she comes by, Naruto feels more like his old self and is enthusiastic enough to tell her stories of his glory days. Sarada always hangs onto to every word and then some. it gets to the point to where Naruto is regularly looking forward to her visits and even making sure he's sober whenever she stops by. Their relationship progresses to the point where Sarada confides in him things about herself, such as her desire to become Hokage one day and how she wishes she had someone around to help her become a better ninja. Naruto asks her why she doesn't simply ask her father for help, but Sarada regretfully informs him that her father is never around. And by never, she means never. Going against his better judgment, Naruto tells Sarada to meet him on the training grounds after shop-hours.

So Sarada meets him and Naruto asks her to spar with him so that he can see what she can do. They spar a bit and although Naruto has a massive advantage, he is nonetheless impressed with her latent ability. He then agrees to start meeting her every night after hours and over the course of weeks, he manages to teach her the rasengan. Extremely grateful at how much  he's helped her, Sarada wants Naruto to come over her house for dinner as well as introduce him to his mother. Naruto reluctantly scratches the back of his head and tells her he already knows who his mother is and that it probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to come over given that they haven't talked in years, but Sarada insists. 

So eventually Naruto comes over to her house the next night only for Sakura to be shocked that he's the one who has been helping her daughter these past few weeks. Sakura is initially leery about Naruto having more or less become Sarada's sensei, but after seeing firsthand how well the two get along and how none of Naruto's drunken antics are a factor in their relationship, Sakura warms up to the idea and the three have a wholesome dinner almost as if they were a family. And Sakura cannot help but smile warmly at the sight as she cannot help but see the old Naruto coming out the more he interacts with her daughter. The evening goes over well and Naruto himself tucks Sarada in before leaving. As he is about to step out the door, Sakura stops him and asks him if he'd like to come back the next night for another dinner. Naruto gives her a cheerful thumbs-up sign before stepping out the door. The minute the door closes, Sakura slumps down to the floor and starts bawing her eyes out, realizing that was the first time she had ever had a family dinner while inside that house.

Naruto, on the other hand, heads back to his apartment and looks to the bottle of alcohol on his kitchen counter. As he is about to partake in his usual habit of gulping the stuff down uninterrupted, he is reminded by the events throughout the night and seriously glares at the bottle much like in the picture below:

12142454_1684729998415029_2074778450_n.j

Angry and frustrated at himself for once, he throws the bottle at the wall hard enough to smash it into pieces . . . 

I was just listening to this song:

And I imagined Naruto listening to it while drowning his sorrows in booze after I read your comment xD
Lyrics seem kinda feeting too.

I can actually see a montage in my head with that song playing and Naruto constantly skipping out on his family and other duties to hide in his office and chug it down. Perhaps one scene consist of him staring at his wedding photo on the wall:

1bc1561a2c80c797ddf4e23f2ecb8198a2aa8165

Only for him to take a chug and start seeing this instead . . .

narusaku_wedding_by_ichan_01-d3e7r96.png

Meanwhile at Naruto's office, while doing "paperwork".  :D

7WSg731.gif

And we see this shot as the montage and the song plays! :lmao:

Posted Image

#1048 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:55 AM

Waiting for when it turns out to be true.

Christian-Bale-Kiss.gif

#1049 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

Not sure if these are already posted, but episodes 32-36 summaries are out, and I know episode 32 is out already: 

Episode 32: Souvenir Quest
The field trip has finished. However, Boruto’s sister Himawari is acting a little odd upon his return. She was looking forward to a souvenir from her big brother, but Boruto had completely forgotten about it!

Episode 33: Slump!! Super Beast Imitating Drawing
From Inojin Yamanaka’s love of drawing since a young age, his signature technique, Super Beast Imitating Drawing, breathes life into pictures. However, one day he suddenly became unable to use that technique. The confused Inojin sought out his father, Sai, who uses the same technique, but Sai would not give him any advice. For some reason, Sai then recommends Inojin participate in a drawing competition aimed at children.

Episode 34: The Night of Falling Stars
In attempt to catch the mysterious fish Eiengoi, which is said to be “so tasty if you eat it once, you will never forget its deliciousness”, Boruto goes on a camping trip with his classmates. As this is likely to be the last event with his classmates before graduation, in an effort to create an everlasting memory, Boruto is determined to catch Eiengoi no matter what it takes.

Episode 35: The Tripartite Meeting…!!
Before the graduation examinations, it has been decided that in order to confirm the students’ graduation options, there will be tripartite meetings for that effect. However, Boruto, who performs admirably in “Ninja Techiniques”, notices that he had never worked hard in class, and has made no commitment in becoming a ninja. Boruto then meets Sukea, a freelance journalist who is interviewing Academy students who are about to graduate. Sukea notices a certain dangerousness in Boruto’s carefree and comfortable perspective on what it means to be a ninja, and decides to give some advice to him.

Episode 36: Graduation Examinations, Begin!!
Examinations, Begin!! At last, the graduation exams have begun. After the first theory exam has finished, Boruto and his friends challenge the practical abilities exam. The exam involves a “Bell Taking Test”, with the 6th Hokage, Kakashi Hatake, and the Academy’s other teachers as opponents.

Lets' see out of these 4 episodes aside from 32 which I'm gonna watch later today.  The only episodes that kinda peak a shard of an interest are episodes 35 & 36 more so episode 36. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 08 November 2017 - 04:31 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1050 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Correction. He was the COOLEST guy! *cough*

yIwunKQ.png

Goku: And I inspired this kid's creation?  Look, I know I'm extremely magnanimous towards my enemies, but I would never call Frieza the "coolest" guy after the horrible crimes he committed, not limited to: killing my best friend, murdering my parents along with my home planet, threatening to kill my friends and family, and obliterating Earth.

Yusuke: And you aren't going to hear me sing Toguro's praises after he killed Grandma and threatened to murder Keiko AND my mom(manga-wise in the latter case), even if I did respect him.

Edited by Kagomaru, 08 November 2017 - 05:43 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1051 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

Goku: And I inspired this kid's creation?  Look, I know I'm extremely magnanimous towards my enemies, but I would never call Frieza the "coolest" guy after the horrible crimes he committed, not limited to: killing my best friend, murdering my parents along with my home planet, threatening to kill my friends and family, and obliterating Earth.

Yusuke: And you aren't going to hear me sing Toguro's praises after he killed Grandma and threatened to murder Keiko AND my mom(manga-wise in the latter case), even if I did respect him.

Eh . . . for Goku . . . maybe when we take into account the events of DBS. :down: That and death is utterly meaningless in the DB verse. :lmao:

Posted Image

#1052 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

They could only stall in the academy for so long it seems.

#1053 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, just cut out all of the focus on the Boruto crap and keep Naruto as the lead.

Maybe make it a riches to rags story where the daimyo gets tired of Naruto's drunken antics and takes away his position as Hokage. Hinata, having outgrown her 20 year infatuation, finally puts her foot down and walks out on her drunken husband, moves to another village, gets remarried and takes the kids with her. Having wasted all of his money on booze, Naruto quickly becomes homeless and finds himself sleeping in a dumpster one night with his last bottle of sake carefully nested in his arms. While taking out the trash, Ichiraku notices Naruto and asks him wtf has happened to his life. Naruto, who has a scruffy beard at this point, goes on a slurred and drunken rant about becoming "the next Hokage" and how "everyone would have to respect him then". Feeling sorry for him, Ichiraku helps him out the dumpster, helps him get cleaned up and gives him a job behind the counter at the ramen stand. Thinking he can get some more booze money, Naruto accepts and starts his first day in the service industry. 

A couple of years pass by and Naruto has become a source of ridicule throughout the ninja community so much to the point to where things aren't all that different than they were during his days at the ninja academy. People constantly mock him for being a drunken loser who got fired from being Hokage (something which has never happened to a kage before). Everyone mocks him except . . . Sarada. Sarada comes to see Naruto every day and treats him with the utmost respect and interest, as if he were still the Hokage.  Everytime she comes by, Naruto feels more like his old self and is enthusiastic enough to tell her stories of his glory days. Sarada always hangs onto to every word and then some. it gets to the point to where Naruto is regularly looking forward to her visits and even making sure he's sober whenever she stops by. Their relationship progresses to the point where Sarada confides in him things about herself, such as her desire to become Hokage one day and how she wishes she had someone around to help her become a better ninja. Naruto asks her why she doesn't simply ask her father for help, but Sarada regretfully informs him that her father is never around. And by never, she means never. Going against his better judgment, Naruto tells Sarada to meet him on the training grounds after shop-hours.

So Sarada meets him and Naruto asks her to spar with him so that he can see what she can do. They spar a bit and although Naruto has a massive advantage, he is nonetheless impressed with her latent ability. He then agrees to start meeting her every night after hours and over the course of weeks, he manages to teach her the rasengan. Extremely grateful at how much  he's helped her, Sarada wants Naruto to come over her house for dinner as well as introduce him to his mother. Naruto reluctantly scratches the back of his head and tells her he already knows who his mother is and that it probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to come over given that they haven't talked in years, but Sarada insists. 

So eventually Naruto comes over to her house the next night only for Sakura to be shocked that he's the one who has been helping her daughter these past few weeks. Sakura is initially leery about Naruto having more or less become Sarada's sensei, but after seeing firsthand how well the two get along and how none of Naruto's drunken antics are a factor in their relationship, Sakura warms up to the idea and the three have a wholesome dinner almost as if they were a family. And Sakura cannot help but smile warmly at the sight as she cannot help but see the old Naruto coming out the more he interacts with her daughter. The evening goes over well and Naruto himself tucks Sarada in before leaving. As he is about to step out the door, Sakura stops him and asks him if he'd like to come back the next night for another dinner. Naruto gives her a cheerful thumbs-up sign before stepping out the door. The minute the door closes, Sakura slumps down to the floor and starts bawing her eyes out, realizing that was the first time she had ever had a family dinner while inside that house.

Naruto, on the other hand, heads back to his apartment and looks to the bottle of alcohol on his kitchen counter. As he is about to partake in his usual habit of gulping the stuff down uninterrupted, he is reminded by the events throughout the night and seriously glares at the bottle much like in the picture below:

12142454_1684729998415029_2074778450_n.j

Angry and frustrated at himself for once, he throws the bottle at the wall hard enough to smash it into pieces . . . 

I can actually see a montage in my head with that song playing and Naruto constantly skipping out on his family and other duties to hide in his office and chug it down. Perhaps one scene consist of him staring at his wedding photo on the wall:

1bc1561a2c80c797ddf4e23f2ecb8198a2aa8165

Only for him to take a chug and start seeing this instead . . .

narusaku_wedding_by_ichan_01-d3e7r96.png

And we see this shot as the montage and the song plays! :lmao:

Dammit, that got me right in the Feels.

#1054 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

So I just finished the episode, and honestly it wasn't that bad. I could even it was just simply good. 

I'll break it down into pros & cons territory: 

Pros:

-  Boruto acting like a big brother even for something like forgetting a souvenir 

-   Hinata giving parental advice to her son (probably the first & only time i'll give her props) 

-   the bond Boruto and Himawari have as siblings 

- The theme of choice:  by that I mean Boruto could've easily ignored it, but instead he made the choice to do something for his sister  & when he could've cheated against the old lady to get the water sweet cinamon by looking through the mirror, but instead he didn't. 

- The theme of honesty:  similar to choice, Boruto could've just lied the entire time to Himawari about the souvenir. Instead he gave her an apology  and admitted the whole thing to her. Same thing with the old lady running the shop, Boruto was honest about the game, and through honesty he got the gift he needed to  give to his sister. 

-  The scene at the principal's office with Boruto, Sarada, Iwabe, and Iruka was kinda amusing 

Cons: 

-  The scene with Orochimaru: it could lead to something, but ultimately it felt kinda pointless 

-  The whole situation with Kagura I get what the episode was trying to do, but honestly it was just force feeding us about things we already knew. We get it Boruto is worried about Kagura, you don't have to repeat it multiple times. Just bring it up once in the beginning, and at the very end of the episode that's all you need to do. 

-  The cutaway to Mitsuki at the end wasn't really necessary, it should've shown the entire apology from Boruto, but oh well. 

I could say the pacing of the episode did feel stretched out, and could've easily taken like 10 minutes, but that's really it. I mean I could also add that the themes of honesty for Boruto's actions in this episode does contridict with what he does in the Boruto movie when it comes to his relationship with Naruto. So that's the only other glaring issue I see with this episode. 

That's pretty much all I got to say about the episode.   

Edited by LuckyChi7, 08 November 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#1055 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

Saitama: Okay...I am just a hero for fun, but even I know that villains and monsters should never be praised. Only true heroes are praise worthy
Garou: Speak for yourself, villains are the coolest....heroes are chumps. Heroes only care about fame and fortune. They are selfish.

Ruroni Kenshin: Villians will never be cool for hurting people, that they will not.

Izuku Midoriya (MHA): I am new to the party and all, but....what is he talking about?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1056 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

Saitama: Okay...I am just a hero for fun, but even I know that villains and monsters should never be praised. Only true heroes are praise worthy
Garou: Speak for yourself, villains are the coolest....heroes are chumps. Heroes only care about fame and fortune. They are selfish.

Ruroni Kenshin: Villians will never be cool for hurting people, that they will not.

Izuku Midoriya (MHA): I am new to the party and all, but....what is he talking about?

Asta: I don't either, but I get the strangest feeling that he represents a dark future that I will thankfully never experience.

#1057 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:10 AM

So my best friend sent me this, and i was like really paralleling this now too? 

tumblr_ow7riqu5oL1sojw2po1_540.gif

Honestly, I'm not really surprised at this point.

#1058 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

So my best friend sent me this, and i was like really paralleling this now too? 

tumblr_ow7riqu5oL1sojw2po1_540.gif

Honestly, I'm not really surprised at this point.

Oh, so NOW parallels mean something?

So...Minato and Kushina, Jiraiya and Tsunade, Obito and Rin, don't count as parallels even if another character actually lampshades it, but now that Bolt and Salad are a "thing," it is all of a sudden a parallel to NaruSaku?

-sigh-

This is wha I am talking about. This is what pro-enders try to feed us on. "Oh well, Bolt and Salad would be like NS getting together so if Kishimoto puts them together you got your NS right there so now you can stop complaining."

No, BurritokittenSalad is NOT NaruSaku. It never was NaruSaku. It will never be NaruSaku. I don't care what logic these pro-enders use.

As well, any pro-ender that supports BurritokittenSalad and parallels it to NaruSaku are the biggest hyporites I have ever seen. Like, that is hypocrite^2 at this point. First, you tells us parallels mean nothing and now you support BurritokittenSalad cause it reminds you of NS a pairing choice that pro-enders spent YEARS...YEARS trying to tell us how abusive it is is all of a sudden ges their support?

I hate this fandom. I really really really do.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1059 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Interesting with goku and yusuke, naruto would probably call freeza the coolest guy ever after he murders everyone naruto cares about. At least yusuke didn't do that especially with sensui.

#1060 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

Interesting with goku and yusuke, naruto would probably call freeza the coolest guy ever after he murders everyone naruto cares about. At least yusuke didn't do that especially with sensui.

I really wish Naruto had had to deal with Frieza instead of Sasuke, who secretly had a crush on him so Sasuke just left him alone. He spares Frieza at the end, Frieza goes on his "redemption journey", and a year later, is half mecha and blows up the planet, killing everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users