31572 replies to this topic

#26121 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

Or Ouran High School Host Club and Haruhi becoming a host in order to pay back money for accidentally breaking a very expensive vase. When was the last time that debt was brought up? I think only like...once or something, but again, it seems to be very quickly forgotten about and focusing far more on the club itself and its members.

Basically, the debt was simply used as a convenient way to kickstart the story and getting the main character into their intended role. Without using debt, there was no real reason to have Hayate become Nagi's butler or Haruhi becoming a host.

Actually, the debt was brought up several times during the series especially when Haruhi didn't want to do something.

"Remember you still owe us *insert number* million yen."

"I don't want to kiss her."
"If you do it, we will knock down your debt by 1/3rd"
"Oh..well, it is just a peck on the cheek"

It was also made pretty prominant in the last episode of the anime at least where Kyoya says to Haruhi that her debt is paid and she is free to leave the host club to which she kind of has a heartbreaking moment where she really didn't want to leave and break up the group. It was a very touching moment. I am reminded of Mr. Holland's Opus where he jests at something similar. "It's almost funny. I got dragged into this gig kicking and screaming, and now it's the only thing I want to do."

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26122 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, would they think it is SO FUNNY if Hinata was in financial distress? and she is overworked to provide for her kids? :hm: effing double standards of these people

It's not like Hinata is that good of a mother to begin with from what I've seen. Despite how powerful her fans say she is, Ino had to save her and her daughter during the Boruto movie, and then she runs off to "help" Naruto only to instantly be taken out. I've said it before, she has no realistic grasp of her or Naruto's abilities and the whole thing reminds me of how Kishi referred to her intervention against Pein as suicidal. Then we have her understanding where Boruto is coming from with his abandonment issues but she doesn't do anything to help him. Instead, she tries to guilt Boruto with "your father had it worse as a child" and refuses to bring it up to Naruto because she views it as a trivial matter. Her son being upset is considered a trivial issue to her. And then there's how they tried to make her this Kushina/Sakura-type figure where she gets really scary when she's angry. Boruto is scared of his mother ladies and gentlemen.

She's a stay at home mother, and this is the shape of her family. Anyone with half a brain would say it's unhealthy, but all she cares about is being with Naruto. SP have tried to walk this back with later issues, much like they have with Naruto, but it's too late. They have inadvertently shown that these two should not be together, made worse with Sarada/Boruto being hinted at as a parallel to Naruto/Sakura. It's like they realized Naruto SHOULD have gotten with Sakura between that and angry-Hinata, but are sticking to their guns because Hinata-Hime deserved to win.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#26123 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

She's a stay at home mother, and this is the shape of her family. Anyone with half a brain would say it's unhealthy, but all she cares about is being with Naruto. SP have tried to walk this back with later issues, much like they have with Naruto, but it's too late. They have inadvertently shown that these two should not be together, made worse with Sarada/Boruto being hinted at as a parallel to Naruto/Sakura. It's like they realized Naruto SHOULD have gotten with Sakura between that and angry-Hinata, but are sticking to their guns because Hinata-Hime deserved to win.

What really drives me up the wall is that the Boruto anime completely changed Hinata into a Tsundere and added a bunch of other crap to convince the audience of how compatible she is for Naruto (Ramen Queen?) The "fans" complained about Sakura hitting and criticizing Naruto and thought Hinata's worship was good for him, but once they're married both Naruto and Boruto are terrified of her. Why? I thought you didn't WANT Naruto to go for the Tsundere? The thing is, it's not that they didn't want Naruto to go for the Tsundere. They wanted HINATA to be the Tsundere, because they know there is nothing else to her as it is.

This is also compounded by the fact that BoruSa is clearly being hinted at. If NaruSaku was such a bad thing in the past, how is BoruSa acceptable? This could have worked on some level if Kishimoto made it clear the previous generation not getting together should be viewed as a tragedy, but everyone's trying to shove it in how happy everyone is together.

#26124 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

Look at Hayate no Gotoku. The whole thing is kicked off because of Hayate being left in debt by his parents, who run off and ditch him, leaving it all on him, which is how he eventually ends up Nagi's butler in order to make the money to pay off said debt. But when was the last time the debt was seriously brought up in the story? The debt feels like it was very quickly forgotten about in favor of the usual harem/comedy hijinks to where I'm sure a lot of people probably have forgotten about Hayate being in debt to begin with.

Or Ouran High School Host Club and Haruhi becoming a host in order to pay back money for accidentally breaking a very expensive vase. When was the last time that debt was brought up? I think only like...once or something, but again, it seems to be very quickly forgotten about and focusing far more on the club itself and its members.

Basically, the debt was simply used as a convenient way to kickstart the story and getting the main character into their intended role. Without using debt, there was no real reason to have Hayate become Nagi's butler or Haruhi becoming a host.

Or thinking popularity = more powerful in-universe. Can't count the number of times I've seen people try to claim that X is (much) stronger than Y because X (or the series/franchise they're from) is much more popular in real life while ignoring the fact that Y's series/franchise has a much greater power scale, has far more powerful abilities, and/or has far more and/or greater feats under their belt that supports their claims of power and abilities.

Aside from what James mentioned, it doesn't help that Gohei's actions of murdering people and claiming to use the Kamiya Kashin style caused what few students Kaoru had left to quit and giving the dojo a smeared reputation for a while, and then having more mouths to feed when Kenshin and Yahiko end up living at the dojo (and Sanosuke, Megumi, and others stopping by pretty often). It's why she demanded several times that Kenshin, Sanosuke, and Yahiko go out to find jobs in order to lessen the financial burden,.

And Kenshin, as of the sequel series, still hasn't found himself a job.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#26125 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

It's not like Hinata is that good of a mother to begin with from what I've seen. Despite how powerful her fans say she is, Ino had to save her and her daughter during the Boruto movie, and then she runs off to "help" Naruto only to instantly be taken out. I've said it before, she has no realistic grasp of her or Naruto's abilities and the whole thing reminds me of how Kishi referred to her intervention against Pein as suicidal. Then we have her understanding where Boruto is coming from with his abandonment issues but she doesn't do anything to help him. Instead, she tries to guilt Boruto with "your father had it worse as a child" and refuses to bring it up to Naruto because she views it as a trivial matter. Her son being upset is considered a trivial issue to her. And then there's how they tried to make her this Kushina/Sakura-type figure where she gets really scary when she's angry. Boruto is scared of his mother ladies and gentlemen.

I always found its funny that how her fan view that Hinata is powerful character. She's not. Hinata is weak despite her Hyuga heritage. I blame it on Hyuga hype, her popularity, and nh for making her fan think she's powerful let alone more powerful than sakura. Oh and filler, that damn anime favoritism. That's one aspect that I hate about Hinata and her fan.

Yeah she become scary mother doesn't fit her character nor it make any sense. But then again fandom Will handwave it like they always do.

Yeah, the parallel between buritoxsalad and ns is inevitable after Gaiden, anime, and manga only make her more and more like sakura. Kishi should just make her female Sasuke or just make salad a boy. BS Will become Canon and fandom Will love despite it's next gen ns aka ns MK.2.

#26126 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

Oh yes, definitely. But I'm not talking about that. I'm saying that those damn pro-ender hypocrites were saying that Sakura trying to kill sarada, destroying her house, and the fainting from stress because she just effed up her debt even more since she is living on mortgage in that house is supposed to be treated as joke and is supposed to be funny.

But if Hinata were put in that same situation they would get pissed off and say their precious Megami-sama does not deserve that. And if we were to say "stop being so serious, it is just a joke" they will scream at us, "WE'RE NOT LAUGHING!!!!! HINATA-MEGAMI-SAMA DESERVES TO LIVE IN A MANISON!!!!! With 100+ servants taking care of her kids while she is spending her entire day knitting scarves and going all N-Naruto-kun, and wait for him to come home so that they cant get busy all over again in their bedroom!!!!"  :zaru: Yeah, they would be RAGING if Hinata was poor and struggling financially just like Sakura was in Gaiden, then they would send death threats to the writers and demand they change her living conditions. But they are calling us "salty" since Sakura being poor in "Gaiden" is supposed to be a joke

JUST. SAYING. :twitch:

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 March 2018 - 09:35 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26127 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:24 PM

It's so screwed up to think that they made her have financial trouble for no reason other than to do a single comic relief moment, even though ti makes no sense at all, because Sasuke would have lots of money. They made her character look absolutely pitiful, when she could have gotten some, or even a lot, of respect back. Just to do one moment that wasn't even funny.

They even said she was always prone to fainting. No, that was Hinata who was like that. So Sakura gets all of Hinata's weaknesses, and Hinata gets all of her strengths. Sakura should murder Hinata. It would be self defense at this point.

Edited by DrK, 26 February 2018 - 11:25 PM.

#26128 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:55 AM

It's so screwed up to think that they made her have financial trouble for no reason other than to do a single comic relief moment, even though ti makes no sense at all, because Sasuke would have lots of money. They made her character look absolutely pitiful, when she could have gotten some, or even a lot, of respect back. Just to do one moment that wasn't even funny.

They even said she was always prone to fainting. No, that was Hinata who was like that. So Sakura gets all of Hinata's weaknesses, and Hinata gets all of her strengths. Sakura should murder Hinata. It would be self defense at this point.

Sakura fainted ONCE, at her weakest. She survived being ganged up on by Oto nin, she stood up to a living puppet with poison blades, took a hit from Kyuubi Naruto, survived having her village nuked, saw casualties in the war, survived being pulled through dimensions...it should take a lot to make her faint at that point.

Then again, I think she realized, if only for a moment, how messed up her relationship with her husband is and it just came crashing down in her mind.

Hey, makes as much sense as anything else here.

#26129 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:30 PM

I always found its funny that how her fan view that Hinata is powerful character. She's not. Hinata is weak despite her Hyuga heritage. I blame it on Hyuga hype, her popularity, and nh for making her fan think she's powerful let alone more powerful than sakura. Oh and filler, that damn anime favoritism. That's one aspect that I hate about Hinata and her fan.

They're trying to make her more like Sakura to make her relevant. Because the way she was in the manga, she wasn't relevant at all. Sakura had her own voice and agency and therefore was relevant. Hinata's only role — her ONLY job — was to crush on Naruto. All that Hyuuga clan lineage, and all that training and character evolving she did just went out the window when the ending came. And the same can be said for Naruto — the way they ended up at the end (Hinata as the devoted wifey, and Naruto as an identical of Tsunade, complete with drinking problem), they deserved each other.

Yeah - this whole scenario makes me so mad too. Having the opening scene of their future life be of her cleaning Sasuke's house.... It really is just flipping the NS fandom the bird, isn't it. 

So, I've thought about their portrayal of her as being a housebound woman — who may or may not be married to the man whose house she's cleaning, and who may or may not be the mother of his child, whom he doesn't know about — and it is so POLAR OPPOSITE to the character she was in the manga. I just keep coming back to two things:

1. They wanted to present Sakura in a "Taming of the Shrew" situation — They wanted to show how the girl who was 'mean' to Naruto growing up has mellowed into the dutiful wife when she's finally 'tamed' by the man she loved. Just like Shikamaru's dad explained way-back-when that women can be soft to the man they loved. (Of course, back then, that was aimed at NaruSaku, but whatevs.)

2. They hate Sakura — So in showing that Sakura's been 'broken' from the strong person she was, a soft side is revealed. This should make fans view her in a more sympathetic light, right? She's basically the same as Hinata now, right? Wrong. Because where Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" ends with both of them being in love and both of them making concessions to each other even though they swear they're not, "Naruto" the manga goes out of its way to show the Sakura really got left holding an empty bag. There is not a positive spin on any part of her story. Sasuke neither loves nor remembers her, doesn't know about their 'child' and no longer cares about Konoha, his clan or any of his life before. Including her. Sakura is 'tamed' and broken from her 'mean girl' attitude that NH shippers paint her with. But she gets no happiness of her own.

And the whole plot around Sarada rebelling from Sakura because she doesn't believe she's her mother is just horrible in my opinion. Seriously. Sakura gave up EVERYTHING for that kid. Parenting was her full-time job. And what do Kishi and Co. do? They undermine that as well. 

She's probably in financial straits because they live off her meagre income alone. I can't imagine Sasuke would provide for a child he didn't even know about. And to have Sakura be forever strapped for cash and not allowed to work because she ALONE is keeping up the Uchiha legacy is just salt in the wound.

(Meanwhile, her old love who said he'd never give up on her, now lives with his stalker in the nicest house in Konoha. Again, I really think they just hated Sakura in the end.)

#26130 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

At least she never gave up on her feelings. It was so great how she never gave up on her feelings!

#26131 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

At least she never gave up on her feelings. It was so great how she never gave up on her feelings!

Feelings for someone who doesn't give a damn about you like that?  Pretty sure that's the key to get rid of her so that the so-called heroine shine her presence. :roll:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26132 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

Feelings for someone who doesn't give a damn about you like that?  Pretty sure that's the key to get rid of her so that the so-called heroine shine her presence. :roll:

I just want to, you know, take her feelings for Sasuke in chapter 693 and on. And then take a TV camera. And then all these cancer fans can watch in horror as I launch them into the sun. Sakura's feelings for Sasuke, that is, not the fans. Although that idea has potential as well. And they would have to know that their precious canon that destroyed the themes of the story would be no more.

Because Hinata needed those feelings for Sasuke more than anyone else did, including Sakura and especially Sasuke himself.

Edited by DrK, 27 February 2018 - 08:06 PM.

#26133 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

So, I've thought about their portrayal of her as being a housebound woman — who may or may not be married to the man whose house she's cleaning, and who may or may not be the mother of his child, whom he doesn't know about — and it is so POLAR OPPOSITE to the character she was in the manga. I just keep coming back to two things:

1. They wanted to present Sakura in a "Taming of the Shrew" situation — They wanted to show how the girl who was 'mean' to Naruto growing up has mellowed into the dutiful wife when she's finally 'tamed' by the man she loved. Just like Shikamaru's dad explained way-back-when that women can be soft to the man they loved. (Of course, back then, that was aimed at NaruSaku, but whatevs.)

2. They hate Sakura — So in showing that Sakura's been 'broken' from the strong person she was, a soft side is revealed. This should make fans view her in a more sympathetic light, right? She's basically the same as Hinata now, right? Wrong. Because where Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" ends with both of them being in love and both of them making concessions to each other even though they swear they're not, "Naruto" the manga goes out of its way to show the Sakura really got left holding an empty bag. There is not a positive spin on any part of her story. Sasuke neither loves nor remembers her, doesn't know about their 'child' and no longer cares about Konoha, his clan or any of his life before. Including her. Sakura is 'tamed' and broken from her 'mean girl' attitude that NH shippers paint her with. But she gets no happiness of her own.

And the whole plot around Sarada rebelling from Sakura because she doesn't believe she's her mother is just horrible in my opinion. Seriously. Sakura gave up EVERYTHING for that kid. Parenting was her full-time job. And what do Kishi and Co. do? They undermine that as well. 

She's probably in financial straits because they live off her meagre income alone. I can't imagine Sasuke would provide for a child he didn't even know about. And to have Sakura be forever strapped for cash and not allowed to work because she ALONE is keeping up the Uchiha legacy is just salt in the wound.

(Meanwhile, her old love who said he'd never give up on her, now lives with his stalker in the nicest house in Konoha. Again, I really think they just hated Sakura in the end.)

And I really say that it shows a lot of how the ending really ruined Sakura and how even then, the people who hated her still hate her, as if they think she is still a threat to their precious OTP, even if they "won". =/ It's so irritating...

Also, you are so awesome when you do this kind of stuff, Tricksie  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  Seriously, you sure get on a roll, and you show your passion for the series as a whole too, Tricks-chan  :D

#26134 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:21 PM

You know, I'm starting to think none of us, whether pro or anti ending, were ever really "fans" of the series. I think each of us liked the potential of various elements in the story,but it lives up to none of that. Because when you analyze everything about the story from beginning to end, and review Kishimoto's Kobiyashi interview where he basically admitted his editors had most of the input of the lore, you see how everything unravels, including the positives. We know that Yahigi convinced Kishimoto to add characters and build up the world of Naruto as we know it, even when he didn't want to. 

The fact he was so easily influenced probably explains why after the Pein arc things began to change and rules were set up only to be broken later. Not to mention if he really did watch the Youtube anime community, it just means he is obsessed with pleasing everybody.

And while we love to trash the series Post-Pein, let's face it, the problems were there from the get-go. He tries to force-feed us about Naruto's bonds, but truth of the matter is that we are not given enough time enjoy those bonds. They form a team, have one mission together, things happen during the chunin exams and after, then Sasuke leaves. If we had at least three major arcs revolving around Team 7 in the beginning, things probably could have gone a lot better. We'd be able to appreciate the characters for who they are, regardless of who they end up with. Naruto could take center stage, Sakura could be well-liked from the beginning without relying on a major timeskip, and Sasuke could come across as a more sympathetic character. Maybe if Naruto's friends were more spread out over time instead of being crammed in all at once both during the Chunin exams and the War, everyone could have been better developed, and Kishimoto wouldn't have to juggle so many themes at once. 

It's because all of us saw so much potential in different things, but at the same time saw many negatives to the series (whether the Narutards care to admit it or not) each of us wanted Naruto to go a certain direction. Kishimoto gave us many great set-ups, but little to no follow-through.  

Hinata HAD potential. But Sakura was front at center. At first it was it's own thing in a corner of the fandom; most accepted Sakura was the main heroine, whether they liked it or not. But after the two confessions, when it went badly for Sakura, more fans began to turn on her. Kishimoto either couldn't or didn't want her to recover as a character, and the Hinata community became more vocal. Then when the end comes, when many (including fans) point out how she was mishandled and her character changed in Boruto. They've gone full crazy because they KNOW she's not a good character. Getting with Naruto and being a Tsundere right now is the only thing bringing her validation, otherwise she's just a waste of space.

Instead of deciding on some consistency to the series, they threw a bunch of ingredients in the pot and let the "fans" vote, regardless of whether ingredient A geld well with ingredient B.

#26135 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:40 PM

You know, I'm starting to think none of us, whether pro or anti ending, were ever really "fans" of the series. I think each of us liked the potential of various elements in the story,but it lives up to none of that.

Yeah, Sakura is a good example. I write stuff about the Naruto characters and I constantly have to remind myself that Sakura is not who I want her to be. She did not turn out to be who it was looking like she was supposed to become. Canonically she's... Well, you know.

Like people here and in other places write about how horrible Sakura is and my first instinct is that they're wrong. But they aren't. I'm wrong. That is just the situation Kishimoto has created.

And he did it to every character, not just Sakura. She is just the lynchpin for everything else.

#26136 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

Yeah, Sakura is a good example. I write stuff about the Naruto characters and I constantly have to remind myself that Sakura is not who I want her to be. She did not turn out to be who it was looking like she was supposed to become. Canonically she's... Well, you know.

Like people here and in other places write about how horrible Sakura is and my first instinct is that they're wrong. But they aren't. I'm wrong. That is just the situation Kishimoto has created.

And he did it to every character, not just Sakura. She is just the lynchpin for everything else.

Sakura is the weak link of the story. It's because Kishi couldn't or refused to develop her that many of the themes about Team 7 fell apart, and her build-up to SasuSaku and how the relationship is really puts a detriment on everything. Even many people who don't like her agree that she should have been a lot more than what she became.

#26137 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

@Tricksie

Your considerations make me remember why, at Naruto's end, I was more sympathetic and open-minded for Sakura than for Naruto.

Furthermore, if the Last' story is canon, Sakura has never fallen in love with Naruto because her first impression of him was correct: his always getting in the way of her love was for a RIVALRY GAME with Sasuke.

Hence, the first reason to hate her should crash.

But her haters are more alive than before! WHY??? :confused:

And, a my little consideration about the Hinata love...

The Naruto Italian Fanbase, as I understand it, regards the Naruto's end as 'horrible'.

BUT they are the biggest fans of Naruto's wife choice.

I kindly note that this is not connected to Naruto's love for her (indeed, it almost like they think he doesn't love her) but to her money, social standing, blind devotion and love to HIM (inclusive of crazy high tolerance to his bad habit)... Oh, and let's no forget the big boobs!

These things added value to a relationship! To hell with the love for a woman!

At least, they are honest...

P.S. I was thinking where I'd last seen this reversal main heroine - secondary heroine... At the moment I just remember Macross Frontier. But it's done better. :roll:

Edited by Niky, 28 February 2018 - 02:35 PM.

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#26138 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:55 PM

It's certainly odd to see fans defend NH as the best ship only to admit the ending is awful. I mean, what do you do with that? You get what you want, but the execution was botched?

It's one thing to like something in spite of it's flaws. But would it kill the fans to admit the romantic sub-plot was handled badly? You can like the canon ships, but you have to acknowledge Kishimoto went about it the wrong way. He could have been straight forward with it, probably should have since I don't think love triangles work well in series like these, and he could have avoided the whole mess in this regard.

#26139 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:22 PM

It's certainly odd to see fans defend NH as the best ship only to admit the ending is awful. I mean, what do you do with that? You get what you want, but the execution was botched?

It's one thing to like something in spite of it's flaws. But would it kill the fans to admit the romantic sub-plot was handled badly? You can like the canon ships, but you have to acknowledge Kishimoto went about it the wrong way. He could have been straight forward with it, probably should have since I don't think love triangles work well in series like these, and he could have avoided the whole mess in this regard.

It's not that NH is the best ship. It's more that Hinata is the best low-maintenance woman.

As I understand, EVERY sub-plot (romantic one included) was handled badly from Kishimoto in Italian Fandom opinion. Hinata wife of their avatar Naruto was just a petty satisfaction.

It's a trend more and more visible, actually. The reader doesn't ascend to hero (role model)'s greatness but turns down the hero to his pettiness normality.

Edited by Niky, 28 February 2018 - 05:33 PM.

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#26140 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

It's not that NH is the best ship. It's more that Hinata is the best low-maintenance woman.

As I understand, EVERY sub-plot (romantic one included) was handled badly from Kishimoto in Italian Fandom opinion. Hinata wife of their avatar Naruto was just a petty satisfaction.

It's a trend more and more visible, actually. The reader doesn't ascend to hero (role model)'s greatness but turns down the hero to his pettiness normality.

So, basically they're saying in the context of the botched writing they're happy Naruto at least got with someone who cared for him, even if it's not necessarily their cup of tea.

In some regards, I can understand that. After 693 Sakura's feelings for Sasuke were too far gone. The guys who did the Mavcast talked about this, they were NaruSaku fans but one of them said that Sakura basically used Naruto, and added "At that point, I gave up on her. I wouldn't have wanted them to get together either."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)