• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

I have Photoshop CS on my laptop, but I recently got a new computer and I want to transfer Photoshop onto it. Problem is, I don't know how, and I've just spent the last three hours searching online for some way I can do it. There probably isn't a way, but if anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

I do have the serial number though. I was going to try to download the trial version and then use the serial number to unlock the full version. Unfortunately, I can't find any CS trials that actually work. I've downloaded one that didn't work and had to delete it. I don't think the serial number would work if I tried it for any trial that isn't CS... I really don't want to pay for another Photoshop - those things cost over $1000 here! arg.gif

QUOTE (Computer stats)
Windows Edition:
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium
Service Pack 1

System:
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 518
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

Edited by peanutbutter126, 20 May 2009 - 09:56 AM.

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:52 AM

I don't know if it'll work, but have you tried using the 'Files and Settings Transfer Wizard'.

Right here

Hope this helps happy.gif

#3 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:54 AM

PAMMY I'LL SAVE YOU! >:O

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ May 19 2009, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do have the serial number though. I was going to try to download the trial version and then use the serial number to unlock the full version. Unfortunately, I can't find any CS trials that actually work. I've downloaded one that didn't work and had to delete it. I don't think the serial number would work if I tried it for any trial that isn't CS... I really don't want to pay for another Photoshop - those things cost over $1000 here! :arg:

here's a trial version I personally used for about 30 days BAW IT'S OVER. I never bought the full vers so I dunno diggity bout switching to the full version. But hey, I'm sure it'll work since you've got a serial #? =/

*POSE* :D

#4 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 20 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if it'll work, but have you tried using the 'Files and Settings Transfer Wizard'.

Right here

Hope this helps happy.gif

I didn't try exactly like that, but I did save the Photoshop file onto my USB and copy it to my new computer. Not a very smart way of doing it, and it didn't really work. It saved the Photoshop files and even opened Photoshop when I opened the folder and clicked on the icon, but then it said that there was no space for working or something like that, and it just closed. I think that it doesn't exactly install the program, and there isn't a setup icon or anything in the folder either...

I think I might use one of those transfer wizards, but I'm sort of hesitant because I have a nest of viruses on my old computer and I reeeeaaaally don't want to infect my new computer. D:

But I'm not gonna give up! I'll just keep trying biggrin.gif

QUOTE (krisk @ May 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PAMMY I'LL SAVE YOU! >:O

here's a trial version I personally used for about 30 days BAW IT'S OVER. I never bought the full vers so I dunno diggity bout switching to the full version. But hey, I'm sure it'll work since you've got a serial #? =/

*POSE* biggrin.gif

MY HERO! wow.png i think

I haven't downloaded it yet - the file is huuuuuuge!!! I'll download it during the weekend. I saw that trial too, and wondered if it would work with the serial number, because specifically my Photoshop version is CS, or rather, 8.0. It's not spanking new like CS3 or CS4 so I don't know if it'll still work because the editions are different... Ah well, ya never know until you try, right? =D

Thanks for the help so far, you superheroes. This whole thing is a pain. I'm hoping I can get my hands on an installation disc from my neighbour or someone, but I have such bad luck that's never going to happen. >:C

#5 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

hmm.... this one right here is specifically CS (8.0) or it should be because that's what I typed into the search engine thingy. XD Good luck with the photopshop stuff, pb!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#6 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

Haha, I found that one too. I was so happy when I saw that -- until I tried to find the download button. I don't think it's actually for download. Where's that big fat download button? D:

Oh, and I just saw that it was for Macs. Mine's a Windows Vista... oops, I seem to have forgotten to put up my computer's stats. I shall add that to the first post right now. XD

Thanks for trying anyway, Lee! And you bet I'm going to need all the luck I'm can get. smile.gif

#7 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ May 20 2009, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*snip* ...but I did save the Photoshop file onto my USB and copy it to my new computer. Not a very smart way of doing it... *snip*

OMG I TAKE OFFENSE IN THAT D: I was gonna suggest that! Only until I had to bite my fingertips when I noticed what you said and I... I just got so sad in pants.

>:C!

*HUMPU* :teehee:

MY HERO! wow.png i think

I haven't downloaded it yet - the file is huuuuuuge!!! I'll download it during the weekend. I saw that trial too, and wondered if it would work with the serial number, because specifically my Photoshop version is CS, or rather, 8.0. It's not spanking new like CS3 or CS4 so I don't know if it'll still work because the editions are different... Ah well, ya never know until you try, right? =D

Thanks for the help so far, you superheroes. This whole thing is a pain. I'm hoping I can get my hands on an installation disc from my neighbour or someone, but I have such bad luck that's never going to happen. >:C

*CAPE FLOWS IN THE WIND BD*

dude I knooooooow this!! It takes forever to load up too if you've got a teeny RAM backing laptop like mine, but thankfully in your case, you're workin' with a brand spankin' new Windows Vista JEALOUSY! But hn, I guess losing a huge chunk of memory is never fun. :<

Yeah I noticed that it wasn't your CS1 version, but I figured I'd link it just to hold you all hero-like nurhur be of some help. And like you said, it's worth a shot! :B

Anyway totes related, you must've been really bent on Photoshop to shell out 1k amirite? I still can't wrap my brains around busting out that much money for something I won't be majoring in... I mean it's fun but-I just-does not compu-- EH I GUESS I WAS RAISED CHEAP *HI5* XD

dude ps-
I demand updates this weekend BD

#8 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

University education discounts anyone? I've seen good deals on adobe products, especially photoshop! I've just never actually bought anything since you know, we're all poor students and all. Unlike PB here... who can afford something 1k worth XD.

Until then... GIMP to the rescue!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#9 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ May 20 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bwahahaha. -GIMP USER FTW >D-

Seriously. =O If you know how to photoshop, you'll know how to GIMP in like, a day. xD It's not that different from Photoshop, but GIMP is free and easy to use 8D

...>.> Concerning your problem though, I have no idea. xD

LOVE IS WAR,

#10 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ May 20 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG I TAKE OFFENSE IN THAT D: I was gonna suggest that! Only until I had to bite my fingertips when I noticed what you said and I... I just got so sad in pants.

>:C!

*HUMPU* :teehee:

*CAPE FLOWS IN THE WIND BD*

dude I knooooooow this!! It takes forever to load up too if you've got a teeny RAM backing laptop like mine, but thankfully in your case, you're workin' with a brand spankin' new Windows Vista JEALOUSY! But hn, I guess losing a huge chunk of memory is never fun. :<

Yeah I noticed that it wasn't your CS1 version, but I figured I'd link it just to hold you all hero-like nurhur be of some help. And like you said, it's worth a shot! :B

Anyway totes related, you must've been really bent on Photoshop to shell out 1k amirite? I still can't wrap my brains around busting out that much money for something I won't be majoring in... I mean it's fun but-I just-does not compu-- EH I GUESS I WAS RAISED CHEAP *HI5* XD

dude ps-
I demand updates this weekend BD

Aww, you'll always be my hero, krisky! 8DD hehe, lovefest!!!

*HUMPU BACK* wow.png

I think I did try downloading that trial once, but it didn't install very well. My patience shot, I just wiped it off my computer. But I shall try again and it WILL work this time D<

Ehh, I ain't that rich. XD; I got Photoshop through my neighbour when he was helping me wipe viruses from my computer. He added a couple of programs and only charged me $400, and Photoshop was one of them tongue.gif

Updates?! YES MA'AM!! rawr.gif

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ May 21 2009, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
University education discounts anyone? I've seen good deals on adobe products, especially photoshop! I've just never actually bought anything since you know, we're all poor students and all. Unlike PB here... who can afford something 1k worth XD.

QUOTE (Deidara Lover @ May 21 2009, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bwahahaha. -GIMP USER FTW >D-

Seriously. =O If you know how to photoshop, you'll know how to GIMP in like, a day. xD It's not that different from Photoshop, but GIMP is free and easy to use 8D

...>.> Concerning your problem though, I have no idea. xD

Ah, good ol' GIMP. I have GIMP installed already. And SAI trial version. And Corel Essentials. And Photostudio. Yeah, I haz lots of graphics software on my comp. I still liked Photoshop though. GIMP's cool and all, but I can't exactly work it as well (imma slow learner sweatdrop.gif). And there's a problem with my tablet or something, and the crosshairs don't exactly match up with where my mouse pointer is, which really makes it hard to judge where I'm painting. I'll learn to use GIMP if I mustmustmust have to, but I'd much rather have my Photoshop if I can get it wow.png

#11 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:11 AM

Grr, first time double-posting. >.>

Anyway, CAP'N KRISK!! The trial isn't wooooorking! DDDD8 The serial number doesn't work on it and now I'm sadfaised... okay, maybe not that much.

My mum just brought up a new issue too. She asked around at work and she had some computer geek colleagues and they said that there is a special Photoshop for Vista? o.o I don't know if that's really the case or my mum just trying to kick me off the spotlight - but seems like I won't get my photoshoppy on my comp DX

I guess I could just use my laptop. It's got a nest of viruses, but it still works fine... I'll just uninstall a lot of programs and wipe off the files I don't need to clear up some space. It'd be a pain using two computers makes me look nerdy :teehee: but I don't use photoshop allllll the time so I'll just live with it...

The problem isn't exactly resolved, but I wouldn't mind if a mod closed this thread. happy.gif Thanks for trying to help anyway. H&E has lots of superheroes wow.png

#12 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:19 AM

well...... A Cs (8.0) serial will never work on a later version of photoshop. hell... even upgrading to Cs4 from Cs costs like 100$ i think....
What you need is a vanilla Cs1 setup. I'll see if i can find it. even if it means going into shady websites >.>
(A pirated version isn't pirated if the serial no actually belongs to you... <,<)

Edit.
3 mins later....

Here:- http://www.brotherso...shop-59749.html
Direct download to Cs version 8.0 trial download. Enjoy smile.gif
You should be able to unlock it to full version with your key.
(If you're too lazy to click through that site for the download here's the direct link to it tongue.gif http://www.brotherso...PhotoshopCS.zip )

P.s:- That vista version part is bull. I'm 90% sure cs1 will work on vista. No harm in trying eh ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users