Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

I just read up some summaries on the wiki, 

they're quit Hinata/Hanabi centric or is this some other arc we're talking about?

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#22 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:57 AM

I just read up some summaries on the wiki, 

they're quit Hinata/Hanabi centric or is this some other arc we're talking about?

Could the spoilers on the wiki be about the one hour filler we got of Hinata/Hanabi a week or two back?

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#23 Paperman

Paperman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:The four main shounen manga. Animation in general.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

If I see screenshots on badass Sakura I'll pobably watch. But forget it if there's anything about Sasuke-kun. Or if they somehow extend Hinata-sama's bit.

Edited by Paperman, 12 December 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#24 Fanwoman

Fanwoman

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:27 AM

Now that the manga is over, I was looking forward to the end of the TV, too. Yes, I'm one of those people who has to see the whole thing, so I wish I could be done with it! That said, I had always wanted to see a few things that I thought were obvious filler material, like how everyone became chunin. I am a Team 8 fan, so I'm glad we'll get to see Kiba become chunin, but there's no Shino? WTH? He's only the heir of one of the most powerful clans in Konoha, but his becoming a chunin doesn't matter? Same goes for Choji. Grr!

I don't hate Hinata and always though covering her relationship with her sister would be a way to give her some depth beyond her teaspoon-like obsession with Naruto. Of course, given what has been said of Hanabi in the Last film, I can't imagine anything good might come out of it. I swear, half the fic out there is better than some of the bunk we've been getting lately. That they'll be using this as an opportunity to bolster Hinata's credibility and probably do more major retcon makes me shudder. It's an opportunity to develop the cast, but I just don't see them doing anything decent with it.

Anyway, I've seen some mention they've given up on the show, and I've wanted to ask:

How many people have quit watching since the manga ended?

I still watch, but grudgingly, not with the anticipation I used to have. Indeed, I'm weeks behind at the moment. How many others feel the same? Should I start a separate thread about it?

#25 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:37 AM

Now that the manga is over, I was looking forward to the end of the TV, too. Yes, I'm one of those people who has to see the whole thing, so I wish I could be done with it! That said, I had always wanted to see a few things that I thought were obvious filler material, like how everyone became chunin. I am a Team 8 fan, so I'm glad we'll get to see Kiba become chunin, but there's no Shino? WTH? He's only the heir of one of the most powerful clans in Konoha, but his becoming a chunin doesn't matter? Same goes for Choji. Grr!

I don't hate Hinata and always though covering her relationship with her sister would be a way to give her some depth beyond her teaspoon-like obsession with Naruto. Of course, given what has been said of Hanabi in the Last film, I can't imagine anything good might come out of it. I swear, half the fic out there is better than some of the bunk we've been getting lately. That they'll be using this as an opportunity to bolster Hinata's credibility and probably do more major retcon makes me shudder. It's an opportunity to develop the cast, but I just don't see them doing anything decent with it.

Anyway, I've seen some mention they've given up on the show, and I've wanted to ask:

I still watch, but grudgingly, not with the anticipation I used to have. Indeed, I'm weeks behind at the moment. How many others feel the same? Should I start a separate thread about it?

At the moment I am watching the dub eagerly, it's still at the beginning of the war arc at the moment and a long ways away from the ending.

I'm watching the new episodes only when the episode description interests me. (Basically, certain points of the war arc, and anything to do with Minato. Imma Minato fangirl.) I was already kind of doing that before the manga end, but I'm definitely less enthusiastic now. Especially if the studio is going to spam us with Hinata fillers. I don't dislike Hinata, but I don't want retcons shoved in my face.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 13 December 2014 - 03:39 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#26 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

At the moment I am watching the dub eagerly, it's still at the beginning of the war arc at the moment and a long ways away from the ending.

I'm watching the new episodes only when the episode description interests me. (Basically, certain points of the war arc, and anything to do with Minato. Imma Minato fangirl.) I was already kind of doing that before the manga end, but I'm definitely less enthusiastic now. Especially if the studio is going to spam us with Hinata fillers. I don't dislike Hinata, but I don't want retcons shoved in my face.

Yes save the retcons for the movie. I don't want them ruining the anime with NH spam. Naruto was apparently supposed to fall in love with Hinata 2 years after the manga's end so it would contradict Kikitten's own asspulled timeline to have him falling for her now.
Though really...I lost faith in SP. I'm already expecting them to throw in lots of Naruhina filler before the anime ends not even joking. If they did a whole episode with the Pain arc then Kishimoto basically gave them the greenlight to past their naruhina wank everywhere. Prepare yourself for the worst endings and openings.

#27 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:20 AM

I might watch if there is no NH and SS involve.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#28 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

me. i dislike how the studio are so self-righteous in shoving the heroine aside and pushing a irrelevant side chara to our face, and even give her powers above naruto and sasuke..  they are disgusting hinata fanboys.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#29 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

I never watched it regularly. Stupid fillers, stupid ooc-ness and stupid bashing/glorifying of hated/favorite characters of the cartoon-makers killed my interest for watching it... ten years ago.

Regarding this filler arc... Meh. I might have been interested before. I can not care less now. Probably it will be revisionist crap, like Rebuild of Evangelion and similar "let's elevate this character and give him/her a bigger or different role than the one he/she was originally created for, only because he/she is popular, even if it is at the expense of other characters" retcons/reboots/remakes.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#30 EmperorZeo

EmperorZeo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

Whats the point of a new filler arc? The manga is over. They don't need to catch up any more.

#31 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

Whats the point of a new filler arc? The manga is over. They don't need to catch up any more.

Maybe they could make glorious nh moment.

#32 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

to justify that horrendous ending and that Hinata filler movie.

as we all know the ending doesn't make any sense because it seems so different from the manga we've been reading

so they will use fillers to brainwash people to make their "ending" believable.

of course it will damage everything that was build up before. but who cares that's how desperate they are to shove their fantasies onto us.

#33 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

I stopped but I'll defo watch when Kishi will admit he sold out

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#34 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

He already said he sold out... kind of.

#35 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

I did. To be honest I did for a while, long before the ending of the manga but after what kishimoto said, I don't even want to go near the anime because I know it's going to be Hinata love fest, now that SP got what they wanted.

#36 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:06 PM

NO thank you Pierot I'd rather jump the Grand Canyon. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#37 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:01 AM

NO thank you Pierot I'd rather jump the Grand Canyon. 

Well covered in pitch and set on fire at that!

b61744795e8478fac976c85a451dbb81.jpg

#38 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:37 AM

Yeah.

No thanks.

Not watching any kitten from SP like... ever. 

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#39 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

The manga's over. Why the hell are they still making fillers?

#40 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

The manga's over. Why the hell are they still making fillers?

Supposedly to justify the NH and SS. 

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users