#121 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

Damn, this thread really blew up, lmao.

I thought it was kind of sweet how everyone was thinking about Naruto and whatnot.
And Hinata... Well, obviously I didn't like her speech cause I'm an NS fan, but as some other people have said, yeah, it seemed a little selfish compared to everyone else's. It was definitely romantic and all, but honestly, it didn't tell us anything we don't already know: Hinata loves Naruto and wants to be with him (though I and many others thought she had moved on from her crush....) I have to say, though, I got pretty excited when she said, "Once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all," because I thought this meant she was done chasing after Naruto (and possibly step away to make room for another girl?). But, I turn to the next page and... Boom, I'm disappointed. Haha.
Sakura, looking gorgeous as always. I agree with all of you guys: Her speech definitely sounded stronger and more heartfelt than Hinata's. It wasn't overtly romantic, but, hey, NS has always been the subtle pairing. Sweet, the way she said they'd all fight together this time; she won't leave his side no matter what. <3 I hope we get to see her join Naruto very soon.

Due to my laziness, I'm just going to say I agree with all of why tricksie and Boom said, lmao.

Aside from pairing stuff, it was interesting to see Tobi's reaction to Naruto. Can't wait to see what he'll do to try and defeat him.
And Sasuke... Looking evil as ever. Crazy. And he looks pretty old, too. I wonder if he's going to join the battlefield soon or it's just there to get us to believe that, and it won't happen for a while. Looks like the story is beginning to the reach the end. Poo. Should be an exciting next chapter.

@Konan-chan I was wondering where Yamato is, too! D: I want to see what's become of him.

Edited by mydearbeloved, 09 February 2012 - 02:41 AM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#122 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

I reread the Hinata part, and it seems to me that all she was telling Naruto was that she was going to get stronger, so she wouldn't be a burden anymore, and its funny because everyone feels the same way, therefore, its not NaruHina, its NaruEveryone.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#123 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Feb 9 2012, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try not too. SasuSaku is six feet underground. Well, it would take a miracle at this point, but still.......no.

Yeah after two killing attempt by Sasuke I pretty much think sasusaku dead logically tongue.gif

#124 redkunai66

redkunai66

chopstick stilts

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (archangel @ Feb 9 2012, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah after two killing attempt by Sasuke I pretty much think sasusaku dead logically tongue.gif

as long as there are fans and a decent number of them- it'll never die ( which makes me think Naruhina- whether canon or not- will always have its fans long after the series is finished ==; )

on a side note:
http://view.thespect...-...573&page=14

i loved this page

but i'm terrified of this one that comes two pages after
http://view.thespect...-...573&page=16

sasuke if you kill any one of the k-12 who left those tracks- i will hate you more than oil hates water

Edited by redkunai66, 09 February 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#125 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Feb 9 2012, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
naw....narusaku isnt that behind to matter.....naruhina is waaaaay behind though...i think nejihina beats it :O

i mean isnt it better than naruhina AND sasusaku beating us like in america XD

:3 its fine

LOL:P That's one way to cheer up smile.gif

thx

#126 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

What if Hinata dies? Hmmmmmm
Aint nothin wrong with a martyr

#127 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Feb 9 2012, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if Hinata dies? Hmmmmmm
Aint nothin wrong with a martyr

THIS.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#128 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

LOL I just got back from school to read the chapter, and already there's so much hot gossip going around. laugh.gif heheelq7.png

Anyways, I know spoiler tags aren't needed anymore but I feel like putting one anyway because I'm the lamest person in Earth.
Only one thing to say... --Click here to view--
OH MY GOD CHOUJI'S SKINNY.

argh1.png argh1.png argh1.png

JA2DBzd.png

#129 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Feb 9 2012, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only one thing to say... --Click here to view--

Jelly? boogie.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#130 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Feb 9 2012, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jelly? boogie.gif

No. I'm just surprised to see him like that. I'm just not used to it, I CAN'T ADJUST argh1.png

JA2DBzd.png

#131 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Feb 9 2012, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. I'm just surprised to see him like that. I'm just not used to it, I CAN'T ADJUST argh1.png

Sounds like you have a crush. a_thumbs.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#132 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Feb 9 2012, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like you have a crush. a_thumbs.gif

No, that's not it. I've known Chouji to have a large build from the beginning, so that's how I'll forever know him. I can't stand change. shamefulcry0js.gif

You know, like when Kyuubi's real name was revealed. Difficult for me to adjust to that. I first knew Kurama as Kyuubi, so that's how I'll forever know him. Surely you aren't going to say I have a crush on Kurama now aren't you?

JA2DBzd.png

#133 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

So I thought of something.....what if the hinata thing is out of context? I mean I couldn't say for sure since I haven't seen the original Japanese copy, but what if the "hold your hand" part is a reference to being able to stand beside him. Let me explain. When she said she was always walking behind him, then immediately made the hold your hand comment, it seemed more like her wanting to catch up to naruto who is her inspiration rather than the Naruto she sees as a love interest.

It reminded me of other mangas when other characters always are behind, but simply want to catch up to the person they are inspired by. That is just my two cents.

because here is what she says : Naruto-kun I have always been chasing after you even now... But once this war ends Im going to stop once and for all. Next time I will be holding your hand walking next to you.

See how when its in reference to the war it doesn't take on the romantic connotation. It is again, Hinata inspired by Naruto like everyone else is.

Also assuming this did have romantic connotations, would Hinata actively pursuing Naruto in romance be so bad? I mean if she actively pursued him, it would finally lay this pairing war to rest, also if Sakura seen it, or at the very least aware of it, it would force her into action as well.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#134 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Feb 9 2012, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke is actually starting to frighten me. Just look at the man. He's oozing darkness. He really has sunken...

From this...

To this...

Damn Sasuke and you used to be so cute! Being evil sure doesn't pay off... But it could be just the rain. He'll look better when his hair dries off. happy.gif

I know!! Chouji's not fat, Naruto's not dumb... what has the world come to?

Edited by Kim, 09 February 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#135 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Wow, it's been like a loooooong time since I came back to this board.

This chapter had nothing new. I was really glad that Sasuke appeared because, I'm really looking forward to the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight. But then again, Kishi has been showing Sasuke "ready to fight" once in every 10 chapters or so. So I suspect this is just one of Kishi's fan service to keep the fans excited. Geez...I hate it when Kishi does that.

There are still many things I'm curious about.
1.) The conclusion of the fight between five kages vs. Uchiha Madara.
2.) Where is Yamato?
3.) The result studies of Zetsu and his Mokuton DNA, which Shizune and Sakura was working on.

And I agree with people saying, Hinata is moving on.
"I will be holding your hand walking next to you so wait for me" doesn't make sense when taken romantically.

1. If she's going to hold his hand and walk next to him romantically, it contradicts the previous statement of "Naruto-kun I have always been chasing after you even now... But once this war ends Im going to stop once and for all."
But if you take it as a comrade, it makes perfect sense. She won't be in the sidelines, and she will stand on equal grounds as him as a comrade who fought the war with him. And she can stand on equal grounds with him because she completed her character development of "being acknowledged by Naruto" when Naruto said, "I can see it in your eyes that you are strong."
On another note, Kishi didn't make Sakura say that because her character development is not completed. Therefore her statement is focused on her determination on "completing the goal" unlike Hinata's(a confident statement because she "completed her goal").

2. Why does Naruto have to "Wait for her" romantically so a girl he's not romantically interested in will hold his hand and walk next to him? If it has a romantic meaning it should be Hinata who should be doing the waiting(waiting for him to get over Sakura). It makes sense if we take it as, "Wait for me to be your equal(to help you)."

Well, if anyone has the raw I would like to see it.

Edited by narunarunaru, 09 February 2012 - 09:00 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#136 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Now let's see.... where was that thing....

*searches shack, finds something special for our dear narunaru-kun....*

*takes out good ol' whip*

*Cracks whip* Narunaru!!! hurry up and get back to work!!! rawr.gif your translation thread has been piling up, so you've got lots of work to do.

Anyways, it's good to have you back. We've been wondering where you've been to. Hopefully, you'll have more free time this time. happy.gif

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#137 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Feb 10 2012, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now let's see.... where was that thing....

*searches shack, finds something special for our dear narunaru-kun....*

*takes out good ol' whip*

*Cracks whip* Narunaru!!! hurry up and get back to work!!! rawr.gif your translation thread has been piling up, so you've got lots of work to do.

Anyways, it's good to have you back. We've been wondering where you've been to. Hopefully, you'll have more free time this time. happy.gif

Ow Ow OUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHH!

I'm happy I'm back and I miss the wonderful discussion with you guys! And I do have more free time now rolleyes.gif

*looks at translation page*

arg.gif

Yeah, I forgot I had some other work to do!

Love ya guys! See ya soon!
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#138 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Feb 8 2012, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly, there so much focus on growth, change, development, and recognition in these panels. And Hinata's sticks out because on the one hand it's growth — she's finally making a commitment to a goal and sticking with it — but on the other hand it's growth for someone else, not herself. And that's not an admirable goal. Sorry, but it's not.

Growth for someone else defeats the whole purpose of a journey of self-awareness. No different than if it were Sakura saying "This time, I'll be there for him. I'll stand at his side and hold his hand." ("And this time he won't try to kill me.")

That's why it's a NH moment like all the rest, which is to say it's a one-sided declaration of love.

I wasn't sure if this was directed at me because you didn't quote me, but I was primarily the one talking about it as a goal. Since I want to respond either way, I'll assume it was and apologize in advance if it wasn't.

Anyway, I didn't specify whether it was an admirable thing or not, but when I read the chapter I don't get left with the impression that I am supposed to hate her for that or think poorly of her for it. I do both of those things, but I don't get the sense that Kishimoto is trying to convey that type of feeling and that his intention for the love is something else entirely.

My long term hope would be that she frees herself entirely from it. Naruto is her crutch. He was in part 1 and he still is. I hated the last interaction more than this because of the wilting in front of him and the backwards movement it represented.

I would find it odd though, that in an entire section of a chapter that is inspirational in tone that he would deliberately single her out and intentionally send the message that through her speech that we as audience should look down on her for it. If anything, I'd be more inclined to chaulk it up to mediocre writing or an unfortunate consequence of tweaking the fanbase on pairings because when looking at it from inside the manga, no one is calling her on it and it's not be treated from the other characters perspective as something overtly negative.

So, I'm left to conclude that he has something else entirely in mind and in that scene she finally figures out that she's just been latching onto coatails and not standing on her own and a vow to do change that. You are right in that the ways she words it she seeks to be strong enough to stand with him so that she is there for him and not to be strong in her own right. Yeah, still a crutch.

My point is not that she hasn't done what you said, what I wonder is if it's intentional on the part of Kishimoto or if he does not see that by writing the last two interactions he is doing her a disservice because I have hard time believing in a chapter like that and her making a revelation like that he is deliberately trying to send such a negative message.

EDIT: Her shyness is a major flaw and her continued use of Naruto to prop herself up is a big problem that keeps sending her development backwards (and I agree with you that he does precisely that), but the tones used in many of the posts leave the impression that people are saying that Hinata is this horrible person because of it in an attempt to essentially say Sakura is great while Hinata is trash.

I hate Hinata's character, but I simply don't see Kishimoto as intentionally trying to say that kind of thing about Hinata in this chapter.

EDIT 2: Or at the very least, that he, by the time the manga ends, will have completely freed her of this crutch.

#139 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Nice chapter! I imagine things are going to get pretty hectic soon, what with the K11 coming to Naruto's aid and Sasuke about to join the fray as well.

As for the K11, they all looked super cool and their respective monologues were nice too. Sakura of course looked especially cool and had an esppecially cool monolugue. wink.gif

Like I said in the previous chapter thread, it's just so awesome to see how everything has changed for the better since the start of the series. cool.gif

As for the pairing stuff, I don't really know what to say anymore. I can't tell if this is Kishi genuinly trying to move a certain pairing (in this case NaruHina) forward, or if he's just messing with all the different ships. argh1.png

However, my personal interpretation is that it seems like despite everything that's happened, Hinata still has some unresolved issues regarding her feelings for Naruto. One could say that her speech was merely about her wanting to be on equal standing with Naruto, but that kinda conflicts with the whole "holding hands" part. It just seems a tad too romantic to simply be about acknowledging strength.

As for Sakura's speech, it's definetly a lot more platonic in nature. But then again, NaruSaku has always been one of the more subtle pairings in terms of mutual development. Also, Sakura specifically says "But no matter what you say this time...we're going to be together...Not just me...We're going to all fight together this time.. Maybe it's just the translation, but I find it weird how at first she says, "We're going to be together" and then mentions everyone else, instead of just saying "This time...We're all going to fight together.".

Just a thought...

Then again, I think this is taking things just a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit too far and until we get something more concrete, we're not going to get anything substantial out of this. Not that we can't try though... pictureem0.gif

Besides, until Naruto directly confirms that he no longer loves Sakura romantically, then I'll still say that NS has the biggest chance of happening.

Edited by TerrorKing, 09 February 2012 - 04:20 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#140 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Couple of days ago, when reading everyone's thoughts on the spoilers, I felt kinda worried. Now, I don't feel so worried anyone. Great chapter, can't wait for the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, been waiting for something big to come up, need the antagonist to stir up some trouble and make things interesting again lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users