WTF?! A new Zodiac sign?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#21 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:24 AM

And sorry to double-post, but this good news deserves its own post:

Our Signs Don't Change! YAY! wow.png

#22 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 13 2011, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And sorry to double-post, but this good news deserves its own post:

Our Signs Don't Change! YAY! wow.png

So basically we only follow the zodiac based on the Sun's positions?

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#23 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:48 AM

Even Final Fantasy Tactics had this zodiac sign as part of the Zodiac Brave Story, but it was known as its other name, Serpentarius. cool.gif

#24 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:04 AM

Yay, back in the Taurus camp!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#25 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:15 AM

This is all very confusing, but it begs the question of how astrologists are doing all this--why is it that certain people are certain things. Astrology says we are born under a constellation, then they say it's something with the planet's positions... I don't know. I've also always wondered if astrology really embodied people's personalities or if it's just the power of suggestion. Regardless, change isn't a bad thing so long as it makes sense. Many people were... upset... that Pluto is no longer a planet, but that's because we grew up believing it was. In this modern day and age we are used to believing what we are taught is correct. It's not the dark ages, right? Back when people just didn't know any better and thought the world was flat yaddy yadda... Maybe now we can start empathizing a little. This is what happens when investigations in the present contradict what we have been taught and known to be true in the past.

I'm probably less affected, mildly interested, but not outraged because my personality isn't shaped by a constellation. It just makes me ask more questions--which is normal. Who here can really say all the details of how something so... "accurate"... can explain why Libras are Libras and what makes a Taurus a Taurus? I noticed some similarities myself, but I've always heard about Cancers being shy and very nuturing... Which would not explain why I have no trouble laughing like I'm high on something in the middle of the street, talking with a loud volume, and that I can lose my temper around children.

The problem here is that it doesn't make sense and leave us confused. Do the constellations change or not? Why do we have a new one? How does that fit? Why, if this was known for 3000 years, has it not been brought up before? I remember hearing something about it from Bill Nye sometime back when he was on t.v, but astrologers who know their craft should perhaps better explain all this so that we can see why. I understood why Pluto is no longer a planet just as much as I understand the fact that information isn't perfect and defining what a planet was had left prompted the change, just like now trying to understand our astrology is leaving us confused.

#26 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:04 AM

going from water to a ram... is that supposed to be a good thing? I dunno. what I know is I don't mind whichever my sign is ._.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#27 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:59 AM

Still a Picies, nothing's changed for me.

#28 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

I am Taurus even with the new dates, so... tongue.gif

#29 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

I'm a Libra...?

*throws out his old horoscope readings*

#30 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

No, your dates or signs don't change:

"It's a huge point of confusion for the public," says Bing Quock, assistant director of Morrison Planetarium at the California Academy of Sciences. For those who follow Western astrology, "astrologers are not talking about the constellations at all. When an astrologer says the sun is in a certain sign, they're talking about the sign, the location relative to the equinox. They're not talking about the location of the constellations. "

In short, if you follow the Sidereal astrology, the Eastern branch, your sign may have shifted. (And most likely, no surprise to you at all: This news is hundreds of years old).

But for the rest of us, our horoscope, and our signs, are still the same.

#31 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 17 2011, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, your dates or signs don't change:

So the sky isn't falling?

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#32 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

were talking about Zodiac Signs as if they are something serious.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#33 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jan 17 2011, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
were talking about Zodiac Signs as if they are something serious.

Well to some people they take the Astrology stuff seriously. But to other people and I'm guessing most of the other people posting on this thread it's just something of hardly any importance. The thing is, if you were tag with something for most of your life, you've come to know it accept it, and it's kinda become apart of you, then some scientists come along and say, "Guess what, you're not what you think you are!" Then it can be slightly alarming.

Like I said, it's not the most earth shattering thing to happen, but it is something.

Edited by No WhereMan, 17 January 2011 - 09:50 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#34 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:47 AM

(I'm not bashing or anything with this post - just stating my opinion.)

I was honestly very surprised with the whole reaction to the alleged zodiac change. I didn't know it was such a big part of peoples' lives - I myself considered it a bunch of hoo ha, albeit interesting hoo ha. Even if my "sign" described me perfectly, I hate being assigned to a certain group of characteristics based on the time that I was born. There are simply too many people born in the day for them all to be "shy, creative," and whatnot. So when I saw this, I was honestly wondering why people were making such a fuss, other than maybe an "Oh, bummer!" reaction. That's just my opinion. I'm didn't find myself affected at all when this news came out, and I find myself even less affected now that the notion has been revoked.

Just my opinion XD I don't think that this was, or should have been, big news.

Regardless, it appears I stay a Capricorn. Whatever that means.

#35 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:29 AM

the thing is that I can't seem to find any concrete use of zodiac constellation anyway... except if you're a sailor or part of the saints protecting athena

PS: Yes, the saints thing was sarcasm in case you can't tell

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#36 CodeHeaven

CodeHeaven

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Jan 20 2011, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the thing is that I can't seem to find any concrete use of zodiac constellation anyway... except if you're a sailor or part of the saints protecting athena

PS: Yes, the saints thing was sarcasm in case you can't tell

Athena should start doing job interviews in order to find the 13th golden saint.

True fact:
I hate both Naruto and Sakura, but for some strange reason I think they were made for each other.
You don't understand? Me neither... so stop asking already

#37 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

So now I have an Aquarius to put my old Pisces?.... Way cool! laugh.gif

#38 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jan 13 2011, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still a Picies, nothing's changed for me.

111191.gif
Pisces all the way!

JLHza2T.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users