• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#41561 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:47 AM

You know the one thing that pisses me off?

These so-called "red herrings". I absolutely hate it when people use it as an argument to justify  NH/SS and say that NS had no depth. Do people not kittening realise that a red herring is much more than a simple distraction? 

A red herring only works effectively when:
a) It is used in moderation, and not consistently throughout the whole manga! A few misleads, fine. But trying to say that 700 chapters worth of development was just a "simple red herring"???  :smashy:

b) There is a kittening reason for the red herring to occur. There was a proper reason for all this BS and that was making NS the end couple. All the moments of them growing closer, supporting each other and stuff should have been there for a reason. Wasn't one of the databooks saying that Sakura's feelings were changing or something? If it was all to make NH/SS end game, then why go through all this? It's just like the drama with Sarada and stuff. If Sakura was going to be her mother anyway, why all the stupid unnecessary drama?  :wha:  :wha:  :wha:

c) The alternative make sense. NH and SS didn't make that much sense in the original manga. Naruto and Hinata properly interacted for about five panels in the whole manga, and The Last only served to make it look more forced, and make it seem like it was due to guilt on Naruto's side. And SS... that's just one kittened up pairing. How can people honestly support a ship where any romance was entirely one-sided? I mean Sasuke had attempted to skewer Sakura three times, and had left her and Sarada alone without any support.

For 12 years.  :bash:  :bash:  :bash:

How anyone can pass this off as a "red herring" is beyond me.

I know how, money. Greed can be a powerful thing in life and examples like these big or small shows money is the root of all evil. Kishi knows it sucks so he milking as much money from the series as possible before he scampers off like a villain with bag loads of money. Joker would be proud. At least now more people will be aware of this more often in Manga so if it starts to happen in other Manga. I will and many others will stop reading it before it screws with our wallets again.

#41562 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:08 AM

I think kishi only use NS as redherring when NS get parallel with minakushi.

#41563 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:37 AM

I think kishi only use NS as redherring when NS get parallel with minakushi.

He said NH and SS were plan to be end game pairing from the "BEGINNING". So what he said is from the start NS will never meant to happen. So that means he said everything from chapter 1 to 700 including the sweetest NS moment, Bench scene, CPR moment is all red herring.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#41564 RamenxBlossom

RamenxBlossom

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku
    Fanfiction
    Kpop
    Kdramas
    Anime/Manga
    Drawing

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

Honestly these red herrings are just a pathetic attempt to excuse the mistakes that Kishi made. He and SP aren't brave enough to admit it, so they're trying to cover it up, and in the process, making things worse for themselves. 

It's one of those things where in an attempt to cover up a problem, you create a huge elaborate setting around it, so that it seems like these mistakes were meant to happen. But in the end, all it takes is for one tiny push for it to come crashing down. And when that happens, it's going to be an absolute wreck.

output_FAafXs_zpsoj0idcx1.gif?t=14375663

#41565 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:26 AM

He said NH and SS were plan to be end game pairing from the "BEGINNING". So what he said is from the start NS will never meant to happen. So that means he said everything from chapter 1 to 700 including the sweetest NS moment, Bench scene, CPR moment is all red herring.

I don't believe that nh & ss is endgame since beginning.

#41566 RamenxBlossom

RamenxBlossom

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
    Fanfiction
    Kpop
    Kdramas
    Anime/Manga
    Drawing

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

I don't believe that nh & ss is endgame since beginning.

Of course it wasn't. It wasn't developed enough for it to actually make sense for it to be the end game.

They're only saying that to cover up their mistakes, and to make it seem as though everything was planned out and that we seem delusional.

It's just a ploy to try to get people ignore us so that people won't pay attention to any arguments we have against it.

#41567 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

Honestly these red herrings are just a pathetic attempt to excuse the mistakes that Kishi made. He and SP aren't brave enough to admit it, so they're trying to cover it up, and in the process, making things worse for themselves. 

It's one of those things where in an attempt to cover up a problem, you create a huge elaborate setting around it, so that it seems like these mistakes were meant to happen. But in the end, all it takes is for one tiny push for it to come crashing down. And when that happens, it's going to be an absolute wreck.

RB, you nailed it for sure about this. And I have seen how this kind of thing can end up being a huge mess. I know for a fact I wouldn't want to ever read another manga of Kishi's because of this. Also, some of the blame I feel lies on his editors at Shonen Jump's parent company, Shueisha.

#41568 RamenxBlossom

RamenxBlossom

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
    Fanfiction
    Kpop
    Kdramas
    Anime/Manga
    Drawing

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:02 AM

I was scrolling through Tumblr just then, and I think this gem (by greenkaorichan) absolutely nails it, and destroys any arguments that people have that NH needed to occur, because even Hinata herself probably would have been able to move on from Naruto relatively easily - it always seemed like she had been in love with Naruto's nindo - not Naruto himself.

tumblr_ngsc5s7koB1ss5mizo1_500.jpg

"Friendly reminder that Hinata was completely fine and even smiling when Sakura hugged Naruto in front of everyone. I don’t get why Studio Pierrot and Kishimoto felt the need to give Naruto to her out of “pity”. What pity? This panel proved that she could had moved on with her life and focus on more important things if Naruto didn’t reciprocrated her or started a relationship with another person. But no, instead they had to reduce her to a mere pairing fodder who lives and breathes for Naruto-kun and nothing else and a damsel in distress. Why??

For a character “so loved” by SP, they don’t care about her as a character in the least. They just wanted her to transform her in their Mary Sue Pseudo Princess to satisfy their own as well fanboy’s fantasies. And because of that, they also had to ruin the whole story and the main characters, and making Kishimoto kill Neji to give a “push” to NaruHina.

Good job, Pierrot. And you too, Kishimoto."

#41569 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

I never see that panel as proof that Hinata has move on or never love naruto anymore.

#41570 RamenxBlossom

RamenxBlossom

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
    Fanfiction
    Kpop
    Kdramas
    Anime/Manga
    Drawing

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:36 AM

I never see that panel as proof that Hinata has move on or never love naruto anymore.

I think that considering that she reacted quite well to this, she shouldn't have been jealous of Kushina's scarf. But yeah, I get what you mean, but I meant that if she's able to handle at least this, her obsession with Naruto wasn't that bad, at least so that she would have been able to move on from Naruto eventually. And while it would have been good to give her some closure in the end, it didn't have to be with Naruto.

#41571 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

I agree that Hinata could move on have NS happen.

#41572 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:37 AM

I agree that Hinata could move on have NS happen.

Yeah but that would've made Hinata a terrible woman for moving on from her first love.

And we can't make a terrible woman, now can we?

You know like Ino and Karin and all the others that moved on.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#41573 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:07 PM

Yeah but that would've made Hinata a terrible woman for moving on from her first love.

And we can't make a terrible woman, now can we?

You know like Ino and Karin and all the others that moved on.

As much as I love sarcasm, Nostradamus, it just reminds me how much that Kishi is a hypocrite.

#41574 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:27 PM

I just found this disturbing image from NH fans

tumblr_nrcjfleHW31u31pcjo1_400.jpg

I like to ask that person for the source but i just can't talk with rabid NH fans i'm afraid the sickness will spread to me. Can anyone confirm this? Is it true that Kishi ever said this in one of his interview?

Also from other NH fans :

"Chapter 3 did say that Naruto thought of Sakura as just a cute girl he likes, but it also mentions Sakura saying she wants Sasuke to acknowledge her, which Naruto says that this is the reason why he likes her because she was looking for Sasuke's acknowledgement. That was one example of the rivalry bit".

So is acknowledgement means rivalry?

They post this in NS tag so before you guys think im surfing their tag looking for trouble no, i never enter hell never in million years, the amount of NH and SS crosstagging in NS tag is insanely outrageous.

Edited by Yyubie, 11 July 2015 - 11:32 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#41575 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:29 PM

I just found this disturbing image from NH fans
tumblr_nrcjfleHW31u31pcjo1_400.jpg
I like to ask that person for the source but i just can't talk with rabid NH fans i'm afraid the sickness will spread to me. Can anyone confirm this? Is it true that Kishi ever said this in one of his interview?

No, it's not true. Just remember one thing and one thing only:

NS is red herring.

#41576 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

No, it's not true. Just remember one thing and one thing only:

NS is red herring.

A crappy red herring, which is obviously a lie X-P But nonetheless, Sparda... yeah.

#41577 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

If NS wasn't meant from the beginning then that guy likes to waste ink on many panels for nothing.

" I'll draw all these amount of panels and make them say these words, so I can make the readers think they belong together then near the manga's ending, I will show them it's another pairing that had in total of effective communication three times and the other pairing, the guy wants to kill the girl he likes with harsh communication... Yup, let's do this. "

And all the other manga having their main couple with same development and same personalities of their two main characters are because their mangaka are goofs :fu:

Edited by T XD, 12 July 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#41578 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:09 AM

I know how that is. To me, a pairing can start off for a simple reason, but then develop into something more. Like with NS, I saw how Sakura was with Naruto, yet at the same time, when seeing her being amazed and in awe when it came to the Zabuza thing, I knew it just meant she was masking the fact she may have thought differently about Naruto compared to how she always cowed to Sasuke.

And you know what? Before editors and SP and Shueisha kittened things over, I was RIGHT,

And don't think for a second that you were wrong. They can lie as much as they want by telling us that they planned this from the very beginning or whatever BS they said or will say. The simple fact of the matter is this: They screwed it up. Nothing was planned. They planned nothing. They went with what they believed will ensure them the most amount of money without any thought about any of the fans.

They didn't see us as people, they saw us as walking cash cows.

You know the one thing that pisses me off?

These so-called "red herrings". I absolutely hate it when people use it as an argument to justify  NH/SS and say that NS had no depth. Do people not kittening realise that a red herring is much more than a simple distraction? 

A red herring only works effectively when:

a) It is used in moderation, and not consistently throughout the whole manga! A few misleads, fine. But trying to say that 700 chapters worth of development was just a "simple red herring"???  :smashy:

b) There is a kittening reason for the red herring to occur. There was a proper reason for all this BS and that was making NS the end couple. All the moments of them growing closer, supporting each other and stuff should have been there for a reason. Wasn't one of the databooks saying that Sakura's feelings were changing or something? If it was all to make NH/SS end game, then why go through all this? It's just like the drama with Sarada and stuff. If Sakura was going to be her mother anyway, why all the stupid unnecessary drama?  :wha:  :wha:  :wha:

c) The alternative make sense. NH and SS didn't make that much sense in the original manga. Naruto and Hinata properly interacted for about five panels in the whole manga, and The Last only served to make it look more forced, and make it seem like it was due to guilt on Naruto's side. And SS... that's just one kittened up pairing. How can people honestly support a ship where any romance was entirely one-sided? I mean Sasuke had attempted to skewer Sakura three times, and had left her and Sarada alone without any support.

For 12 years.  :bash:  :bash:  :bash:

How anyone can pass this off as a "red herring" is beyond me.

The red herring is nothing more than an excuse to try to justify this. It's just a dumb excuse made for people who are stupid and will fall for it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#41579 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

If NS wasn't meant from the beginning then that guy likes to waste ink on many panels for nothing.

" I'll draw all these amount of panels and make them say these words, so I can make the readers think they belong together then near the manga's ending, I will show them it's another pairing that had in total of effective communication three times and the other pairing, the guy wants to kill the girl he likes with harsh communication... Yup, let's do this. "

And all the other manga having their main couple with same development and same personalities of their two main characters are because their mangaka are goofs :fu:

Welcome to my world, girl.

Kishi obviously is an idiot to assume we're idiots and will buy whatever crap he spews about NH.

#41580 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:38 AM

Did he really say he gave Naruto to Hinata out of pity ? Cause he could've put her with another character and showing her happy or showing us she's moved on or any other positive outcome :fu:

He could've made pity to anything else positive.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Facebook (1)