Close
Photo

What would you rank Naruto as a Series?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Naruto the Series (68 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you rank it

1. 1 (10 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

2. 2 (6 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

3. 3 (7 votes [10.29%])

Percentage of vote: 10.29%

4. 4 (8 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. 5 (10 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

6. 6 (8 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

7. 7 (13 votes [19.12%])

Percentage of vote: 19.12%

8. 8 (2 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

9. 9 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. 10 (4 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kundalini_Master

Kundalini_Master

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:21 AM

Title says it all. Many of us aren't happy with the ending. Which will probably skew how we rank the series as a whole, but out of 10. 1 being the worst manga you've ever read, and 10 being the best. What would you ran Naruto part 1 and 2 together.

Me, I'd have to give it a 7. There were too many loose threads, out of character moments on several occasions, the war arc the went on for way too long, and not enough development between characters. In the end a lot of the interactions just don't seem believable to me in the grand scheme of things. Don't get me wrong there were some epic battles, funny and heart warming moments, and a bunch of anticipation, but it wasn't consistent or balanced I feel. I really wish I could give it a higher rating since I spent so much time reading the series.

Feel free to use the decimal/point system too.

A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke.
—Vincent van Gogh 

#2 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:24 AM

7 out of 10...well, I'm a generous person, and I'm rating this mainly on my personal enjoyment. There's been a lot to like about this series, even if it's far from perfect. The characters, character development (not counting the ending), themes, bonds...

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#3 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:24 AM

I rate it as 7 too. If the manga ended NS than 9.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#4 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:26 AM

Everything in this series minus chapter 699 and 700 was relatively entertaining. But even then it's not completely my cup of tea. And there seems to be some obvious flaws in it... The themes were good. A shame they got wasted away.

7/10

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#5 Kundalini_Master

Kundalini_Master

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, I would have probably ranked part 1 about an 8 or 9 and part 2 a 6... maybe 5 even. 

A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke.
—Vincent van Gogh 

#6 NaruSakuishere

NaruSakuishere

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:39 AM

I give it a 6/10 Everything before 699 and 700 was alright. Could have been better, There were way to many loose threads that could have been patch up but left untouched. The battles were alright. Some of them I thought drag on to long though.

#7 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:17 AM

Let's see here...since all that development was thrown out the window...a 3...I would rate it a 1...but I feel like its too little for a 700 chapter manga. But a 4 or a 5 is too much for such an abominable....thing....

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#8 Kundalini_Master

Kundalini_Master

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

Let's see here...since all that development was thrown out the window...a 3...I would rate it a 1...but I feel like its too little for a 700 chapter manga. But a 4 or a 5 is too much for such an abominable....thing....

Damn, dude. That's harsh. What would you rate it without the last 2 chapters then?

—Vincent van Gogh 

#9 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:24 AM

Off the top of my head, 4/10. Some good stuff early on and throughout, but the final arc was botched so horribly and thoroughly that it did irreparable damage to the story.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#10 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

4/10. It was good for a while. Could have had it all. But too many loose ends and a really strange ending.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#11 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

4/10

It started out really strong in part 1-Pain arc. But then slowly declined going on from there. It's really too bad. Naruto had so much potential to become a truly amazing Manga. Instead we have character development thrown to the wind, the motto of Hard Work beats talent replaced with inheriting power is everything, broken morals about how love works, and finally a failure Hero whose victory was so empty that he wasn't even the star of his own story.

However while the series overall gets a 4/10, I'll say that had Part 1-Pain Arc continued as it was this would be a much different score. You had an immersive world with a colorful cast of heroes, heroines, villains, and villainesses, fast-paced action and heart-wrenching drama. But the major point is that Part 1-Pain has logic and morals and therefore I give it a 9/10.

As far as I'm concerned, the series ends with Sakura's confession to Naruto that she loves him.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#12 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:57 AM

I also say 4/10. It's had its ups and downs, and some arcs deserve more than other arcs. The Pain arc, for example, I would give a 9 or a 10. Same with the Kazekage rescue arc and the Hidan and Kakuzu. There were a lot of good things in this story, but the wasted character development, the wasted themes, and the lack of consistency between people's abilities and relationships is something that really bugged me. There are a lot of plot holes in Naruto, and up until this point I've mostly just overlooked them. However, now that we've gotten that crap show of an ending, I'm much more inclined to look at the whole series and pick apart the things that I've forgiven up until this point, haha. Anyway. Yeah. That's about it. 

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#13 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:18 AM

I'm being generous by giving it a one, and not because of NS, but for the sheer amounts of BS and ass pulls Kishi made throughout the story.

664086690_1145760.gif

#14 Cherry-Bloss93

Cherry-Bloss93

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Naruto, Biochemistry <3

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:24 AM

7/10. Two points lost for the ending. But reading the very last page about the legend of Naruto... It did make me feel a little bit :-T

Edited by Cherry-Bloss93, 07 November 2014 - 06:24 AM.

narusaku_ending_22_by_dew_mangaka-d56e4f

#15 Hyuga Sage

Hyuga Sage

Academy Student

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:25 AM

Read my theory
http://www.narusaku....showtopic=14610

#16 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:26 AM

Why... what is wrong with you. That is just disturbing. 

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#17 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:23 AM

I am giving a 2,

because first of all I like a story only if it's ending is also justified with the whole story. I will never be able to disregard chapters 699 and 700, because no matter what, they are to be considered canon, whether we like it or not. It would have been around 8 for the part 1, 7-8 for early part 2(i.e before LOI confession), 4-6 for before 693, 1 after that, but giving 2 because of Naruto at least shown to be a Hokage, even though he turned out to be a kitten to his son, which I never even imagined in my dreams and of course straw hat Jolly Roger.

Edited by lord287, 07 November 2014 - 07:26 AM.

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#18 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

9.5 all the way til end of Pain Arc, 8 from LOI to 693, 7 until 698, -9000+ from 699-700 so in the end, I gave it a 1.

Edited by kidNinja, 07 November 2014 - 07:48 AM.

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#19 Kurama

Kurama

Unforgettable

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Heaven & Earth.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:50 AM

7/10. Two points lost for the ending. But reading the very last page about the legend of Naruto... It did make me feel a little bit :-T

I read that last page with Hiruzen Sarutobi's eng dub voice. xD

#20 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hey Could you added one more number to that poll? I have suggestion that number is 0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users