Close
Photo

If Sasuke stayed in Konoha, how can Sakura fall in love with Naruto?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:33 AM

If Sasuke stayed in Konoha, would Sakura even change?
She seemed to endure him a lot and it was until after he left that she started developing feelings for Naruto

Edited by Toby, 25 October 2015 - 01:38 AM.

#2 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:48 AM

The only way SS would work if Sasuke stayed would be if Sasuke himself changed and became more open to Sakura

#3 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:51 AM

SD would have happened if Sasuke moved toward a more serious bond with team 7. Then got closer to Sakura but if he stilled was cold Naruto would have put in hum in his place for Sakura and Sakura would probably moved on

#4 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:48 AM

So you mean, if Sasuke turned good and close to his team and opened up, then Naruto stands no chance?

#5 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:05 AM

So you mean, if Sasuke turned good and close to his team and opened up, then Naruto stands no chance?

Pretty much since Sakura was still very much in love with him prior to his departure

#6 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:27 AM

Wow seriously?

So in my fanfiction, if Itachi doesn't mindkitten Sasuke enough to seek revenge, I can't make NaruSaku happen realistically. Eh.
Cuz Sasuke was originally a good guy before Itachi showed up, choked him to a wall, Tsukuyomi'd him, making Sasuke realize suddenly "friends distract you from your true goal" ..
If that didn't happen, he would've stayed in Konoha and would've opened up like he was on the path to (he was already opening up.)
But if I write that, NS won't make sense

Uuf

Typical that NS needs Sasuke out of the picture to happen!

#7 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:46 AM

No actually it could still happen

the main key is the bench scene. If Sasuke stays then the bench scene comes out into the open. When Sakura realizes it waS naruto things change drastically.

Her feelings are thrown into confusion and she suddenly has to really consider things.

Also even if Sasuke stayas there is zero reason to beleive that he would open up to sakura as more then a friend.

NaruSaku happens regardless of Sasukes presense or absence.  The question is more how it happens.

My speculation would be that Sasuke would open Sakuras eyes himself like he did after Naruto rescued her from Gaara

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#8 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

Narusaku could have still happened, however I still believe that SS could have happened as well. If Kishi did plan SS as endgame he could have Sasuke open himself to Sakura in a process that felt natural.

#9 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:04 PM

Naruto stand no chance if sasuke love sakura back thus making ss mutual.
That's why as long as sasuke doesn't love sakura, ss is not cannon.

Oh, and just because sasuke become good doesn't mean he will become in love with sakura.

#10 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

Wow seriously?

So in my fanfiction, if Itachi doesn't mindkitten Sasuke enough to seek revenge, I can't make NaruSaku happen realistically. Eh.
Cuz Sasuke was originally a good guy before Itachi showed up, choked him to a wall, Tsukuyomi'd him, making Sasuke realize suddenly "friends distract you from your true goal" ..
If that didn't happen, he would've stayed in Konoha and would've opened up like he was on the path to (he was already opening up.)
But if I write that, NS won't make sense

Uuf

Typical that NS needs Sasuke out of the picture to happen!

Sasuke and Sakura are not compitable people, he doesn't love her and she doesn't really love him either. Her bubble bursted when he left, it would just have taken longer had he not.

ナルサク

#11 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

Even if we twist the story to Sasuke not leaving the village, SS still wouldn't work! 'Cuz Sakura never really understood the real Sasuke :confused: She was in love with his looks and not himself! She had formed a mental image of him!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#12 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

She seemed to endure him a lot and it was until after he left that she started developing feelings for Naruto

Well, he left Konoha and she still didn't change. That was what made 693 so awful. When it really mattered she reverted back to her Part 1 self.

#13 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

Sakura would need a wake up call, the location of Sasuke was never the issue, the problem was, Sakura never loved Sasuke she loved the idea of him, she never interacted with him, got to know him, had a decent conversation with him. She loved the idea of being with a cool good looking smart, talented boy from a prestigious clan. We never saw her fall in love with Uchiha Sasuke.

There is a reason why Kishi could not explain how they got together and never explained it, because the truth is obvious.

The idea originally was obvious, to have Sakura grow up from the fangirl who wanted a fantasy to someone who fell in love with reality, of an actual person who loved her and she loved him, but for whatever reason, he changed his mind, if it was pressure, misinformed fan feedback or money we don't know but it's was obvious what he was originally aiming for.

iAnby7W.gif

#14 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

Theres one other thing canonicaly to keep in mind.

In the manga when Naruto returns after the VOTE fight. Sakura says the first person she wants to visit is Naruto not sasuke. this was deliberate, her first instinct is to go to the person who made the promise to her not the so called object of her heart/obsession.

This alone shows that the promise made would be enough to change her heart. While the actual relationship would take time to bloom it would be growing there.

I think post that assuming Sasuke returned with Naruto Sakura would have a very different view of Sasuke and their relationship would change to slightly more awkward but stable teammate friendship

while her relationship with Naruto would begin to mature into a more romantic love.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#15 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

I would expect her to feel slightly uncomfortable, but nonetheless reaching towards him. She probably wouldn't take her eyes off him, but not in a strongly romantic way as it used to be. She would probably feel just as closed off to him, because he has broken her heart unintentionally numerous times. That's what I expect. But based on the ending, Kishi would have chosen a different route to how she would behave around Sasuke - if he stayed in Konoha. Kishi would make her bubbly and oblivious to everything, and make it a sickeningly sweet reunion between two long lost lovers or whatever....

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#16 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

Depends on the bench scene and Sasuke. Remember that Sasuke never showed any sort of feeling towards Sakura. He considered her part of his team, but he never showed any inclination that he considered her a friend. In fact, during the final valley fight he even admitted that Naruto was the only one he felt a "bond" with. So if he does stick along I doubt he would really ever bond with Sakura.

And the Bench scene is huge. It can't remain in the dark, eventually Sakura will bring it up. And we saw how Sasuke would react in that situation. "I didn't save you Sakura, Naruto did."

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#17 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

Well, if Sasuke stayed in Konoha, that would mean that he would be different than the one we know.

You can see in the beginning of the manga, and as Sasuke said in chapter 698, that he started to open himself to people around him (= Team seven), so I guess that if he stayed longer, and CHANGED, that would maybe be possible for SS to happen.

But if this happened, could we even call him "Sasuke" ? 

But in the other hand, like what the others said before, NS had a special and unique development, and I'm sure that Kishi would have developed them as much as he did (or more), because he surely wanted to make NS canon (before the WSJ and SP staff brainwashed him and turned him into a hinakittens worshipper) 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#18 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:03 PM

@ichigo
Yes, he still sasuke.
But why people think sasuke open up and become friendly mean sasuke will in love with sakura.

@shusi
I think sakura truly love sasuke.

#19 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:08 PM

@ichigo
Yes, he still sasuke.
But why people think sasuke open up and become friendly mean sasuke will in love with sakura.

@shusi
I think sakura truly love sasuke.

why? A lot of narusakus including myself called it an obsession, then ss folks came and said it was true love. There isn't much to argue now that Kishi has also called it an obsession.

ナルサク

#20 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:16 PM

why? A lot of narusakus including myself called it an obsession, then ss folks came and said it was true love. There isn't much to argue now that Kishi has also called it an obsession.

I don't disagree with that, it's just her feeling is romantic.
That's why I called it love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users