Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:11 AM

And now for EVEN MORE contrived kitten!!!!!!! :zaru:

so what happened?

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 November 2016 - 02:12 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:17 AM

"I feel like we should be stopping this."

"Nah, I want a good fight."

#6 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:53 AM

Someone should have told the villains it takes three days to extract a tailed beast.

And now for EVEN MORE contrived kitten!!!!!!! :zaru:

so what happened?

Not much. The kages and Sasuke just fighting the bad guys

#7 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:05 AM

Well first, I would be wondering WHY ON EARTH IS BORUTO THERE!!!!

#8 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:26 AM

So they're still recapping the movie?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:16 AM

It should be done NEXT issue apparently. :roll:

#10 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:03 AM

Ok then. It time once again for Summary Time:

Title is Clash let see if it involves any fighting.

The Cover page is the Four other Kage, and we are told they are the greatest warriors in their generation, and they are going to rescue the hokage. Kishimoto is put about Both the Mangaka and the Script Writer clearly showing the pecking order of this group.

"Naruto Has Been Captured!!" The first page kindly informs us in case anyone forgotten in the past month or so. They are extracting the chakra from Naruto to make their pills. They complain it is taking too long and then Naruto makes an attempt at a badass boast.

Oh Thank God! The Kage are already there on the next page. If this was the last chapter they wouldn't have gotten there till page fifteen.

Oh and bolt there...So the kage fight the villain (assume they are going to get one-shotted) while Bolt Sasuke and Naruto have some heart to heart talk. Naruto notices Bolt is wearing his old jacket. skipping the rest cause you can imagine what they talk about.

Oh good they weren't one-shotted, and sasuke stab burly mustache in the ass. They then gang up on the effeminate one. We are told his power is to absorbs attack and then fire them back with out wasting his own energy. Which they (bolt who saw him use it before and Sasuke...because) note is similar the sleazy inventor device.

The effeminate one note that Bolt is Naruto's son who he calls fox, and notes that he can't pass on his (kurama's) power to the next generation.

After that he pulls Burly mustache towards him and then turns him into a meatball which he then eats. Turning him into...Haha AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *rolls on the floor laughing.*

045.png

Ok honestly especially the females the character designs are still kitten but this is probably the best the art has been this entire time so far. Though that isn't say much. Since I'm only saying that because nothing stood out to me. It better then last chapter where everything was moving at a snails pace to pad out the chapter, and the art was incredibly minimalist. Also basically instant forgiveness for Naruto because Sasuke had a talking with Bolt in the one conversation is and shall always be. Really Dull. It also felt short.

The villain looks like kitten.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 18 November 2016 - 07:25 AM.

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:10 PM

I like how Sasuke was explaining about their power being similar to the technology hack object. Like the villains supposed to know what they are, let alone care. Exposition at its finest.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

Ok then. It time once again for Summary Time:

Title is Clash let see if it involves any fighting.

The Cover page is the Four other Kage, and we are told they are the greatest warriors in their generation, and they are going to rescue the hokage. Kishimoto is put about Both the Mangaka and the Script Writer clearly showing the pecking order of this group.

"Naruto Has Been Captured!!" The first page kindly informs us in case anyone forgotten in the past month or so. They are extracting the chakra from Naruto to make their pills. They complain it is taking too long and then Naruto makes an attempt at a badass boast.

Oh Thank God! The Kage are already there on the next page. If this was the last chapter they wouldn't have gotten there till page fifteen.

Oh and bolt there...So the kage fight the villain (assume they are going to get one-shotted) while Bolt Sasuke and Naruto have some heart to heart talk. Naruto notices Bolt is wearing his old jacket. skipping the rest cause you can imagine what they talk about.

Oh good they weren't one-shotted, and sasuke stab burly mustache in the ass. They then gang up on the effeminate one. We are told his power is to absorbs attack and then fire them back with out wasting his own energy. Which they (bolt who saw him use it before and Sasuke...because) note is similar the sleazy inventor device.

The effeminate one note that Bolt is Naruto's son who he calls fox, and notes that he can't pass on his (kurama's) power to the next generation.

After that he pulls Burly mustache towards him and then turns him into a meatball which he then eats. Turning him into...Haha AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *rolls on the floor laughing.*

045.png

Ok honestly especially the females the character designs are still kitten but this is probably the best the art has been this entire time so far. Though that isn't say much. Since I'm only saying that because nothing stood out to me. It better then last chapter where everything was moving at a snails pace to pad out the chapter, and the art was incredibly minimalist. Also basically instant forgiveness for Naruto because Sasuke had a talking with Bolt in the one conversation is and shall always be. Really Dull. It also felt short.

The villain looks like kitten.

*Yawn* Is that supposed to excite someone? :mellow:

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

I like how Sasuke was explaining about their power being similar to the technology hack object. Like the villains supposed to know what they are, let alone care. Exposition at its finest.

Well two chapter ago Bolt tried to attack him with it, but would he care or remember? I doubt it. It more an explanation for the audience then anything else. Then again the ability to "adsorb someone attack's energy and send it back to them" is so common now in shounen that it doesn't really need an explanation.

*Yawn* Is that supposed to excite someone? :mellow:

This was originally a movie. So the fight with that form should be happening right now. Instead of maybe a month from now.

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

Well two chapter ago Bolt tried to attack him with it, but would he care or remember? I doubt it. It more an explanation for the audience then anything else. Then again the ability to "adsorb someone attack's energy and send it back to them" is so common now in shounen that it doesn't really need an explanation.

This was originally a movie. So the fight with that form should be happening right now. Instead of maybe a month from now.

The thing is he made it out to sound normal as it is part of life. I can understand if it is the way of life, but it is not, so it feels like exposition to us more than genuine. Plus, two panels for easy explanation is just exposition galore.

#15 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

Kishimoto looks like he's stepped in to control the art in this chapter. So much of it looked like his drawing style. There were moments with the other style faces (Naruto and Bolt talking, a few closeups of the other kages), but the rest really looked like Kishimoto.

What's with the girl with the super leg?!? Seriously, it's like Ino 2.0. Worse than Ino even. She's totally objectified. In the past, Kishimoto has drawn girls with sexy identifiers (Ino's bare midriff top, Tsunade's deep cleavage, etc.), but they have not dominated the character. But here, that leg is thrown out all the time. Just like Sarada and Sakura, the extra skin is not attractive, just distracting and takes their characters down several pegs. 

Then on the flip side you have the main villain. (She's a girl, right? The manga text says 'him' a few times, but the outfit, hair, and specifically the eyebrows mean she's a she.) Anyway, the she is the woman as devil. And in the manga we've seen a few beautiful women who get angry then go ugly. It's also a stereotype for female characters.

And in the middle of course is Hinata. Not overly sexualized, nor the demon. So they're hitting all the classic female character tropes — whore, monster mother. 

For contrast, what made the original manga so much better was the overturning of these tropes. Tsunade was the slightly sexualized woman, who had more strength (monstrous) then most men, who eventually turned out to have maternal feelings for Naruto. She wasn't one whole category, instead she was a bit of an evolution. 

I don't see much evolution happening in Boruto.

As for the content/flow/writing, I still don't see these chapters as very complex. Naruto had multiple story lines going in each chapter. These are just straight-forward. There are no other characters active in the ninja world. All that matters is where Naruto is. Extraneous characters are walked on as needed to further the plot. And when they leave, they will not be heard from again. 

Again, it's a set of choices by the powers-that-be to not focus on an A, B and C storyline. Just stay with one. I realize that it's still in recap territory, but seriously why wait to bring the good stuff?! Why not start off on the right foot? They could be doing so much more instead of phoning it in with a chapter that's 1/4 saving Naruto, 1/4 father-son bonding, and the other half 1/2 fight scenes.

No surprises here, other than how much it is a pale shadow of its predecessor. I still feel like I'm waiting for Boruto to get started.

#16 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:17 PM

Kishimoto looks like he's stepped in to control the art in this chapter. So much of it looked like his drawing style. There were moments with the other style faces (Naruto and Bolt talking, a few closeups of the other kages), but the rest really looked like Kishimoto.

What's with the girl with the super leg?!? Seriously, it's like Ino 2.0. Worse than Ino even. She's totally objectified. In the past, Kishimoto has drawn girls with sexy identifiers (Ino's bare midriff top, Tsunade's deep cleavage, etc.), but they have not dominated the character. But here, that leg is thrown out all the time. Just like Sarada and Sakura, the extra skin is not attractive, just distracting and takes their characters down several pegs. 

Then on the flip side you have the main villain. (She's a girl, right? The manga text says 'him' a few times, but the outfit, hair, and specifically the eyebrows mean she's a she.) Anyway, the she is the woman as devil. And in the manga we've seen a few beautiful women who get angry then go ugly. It's also a stereotype for female characters.

And in the middle of course is Hinata. Not overly sexualized, nor the demon. So they're hitting all the classic female character tropes — whore, monster mother. 

For contrast, what made the original manga so much better was the overturning of these tropes. Tsunade was the slightly sexualized woman, who had more strength (monstrous) then most men, who eventually turned out to have maternal feelings for Naruto. She wasn't one whole category, instead she was a bit of an evolution. 

I don't see much evolution happening in Boruto.

As for the content/flow/writing, I still don't see these chapters as very complex. Naruto had multiple story lines going in each chapter. These are just straight-forward. There are no other characters active in the ninja world. All that matters is where Naruto is. Extraneous characters are walked on as needed to further the plot. And when they leave, they will not be heard from again. 

Again, it's a set of choices by the powers-that-be to not focus on an A, B and C storyline. Just stay with one. I realize that it's still in recap territory, but seriously why wait to bring the good stuff?! Why not start off on the right foot? They could be doing so much more instead of phoning it in with a chapter that's 1/4 saving Naruto, 1/4 father-son bonding, and the other half 1/2 fight scenes.

No surprises here, other than how much it is a pale shadow of its predecessor. I still feel like I'm waiting for Boruto to get started.

Huh, so Kishi has basically taken control of the art instead of just standing around hoping he can just go onto his next project? That explains why I didn't have any glaring problems with the art this time around and it was better paced. Kishi may not be the greatest mangaka but he is not that incompetent as the last chapter was.

As for the the Rock Kage, I blame either the artist or the movie. Remember the artist was the guy that redesigned Salad to have just a shirt and no pants. Then when people complained he gave her the tiniest short he could give her. That are cover by the shirt most of the time.

I think that it is actually a man that why a call him the "effeminate one." Hinata redesigned.

OK the problem women in the Boruto manga. Is that their is a difference between the current artist and kishimoto. Kishi for all we may rail against him, did have strong women in his manga because that clearly part of what he finds attractive in a woman. Remember he is (was) apparently happy married to a woman that people best describe her as "Like Sakura" or "Who Sakura was based off of." Even kishi describe her personality to people he compares her to Sakura for reference, and when he describes her personality people think of Sakura. Now the new artist was clearly part of the nH faction in Kishi's staff or else he wouldn't be apart of this manga. So we know he prefer woman to be more submissive. He also likes women going by his redesigns with 1920's short hair, who show off their long legs, and with very little interest in the breast size of the women.

As for the plot remember it was originally just for a movie and I doubt kishi had envisioned it being rehashed into the manga. The movie's plot was suppose to be simple and self contained. Bolt has issues with his dad, get over them by end of movie, and Naruto tries involving himself more with his family. Also Sasuke become his master, and his dream is to take up Sasuke's mantle. Kishi probably hoped that they would start the manga after the movie. But his replacement have shown their incompetence and instead have spent their first year rehashing a plot that is boring their audience. Since they have already seen it.

The main problem with the Bolt manga so far is, that Kishimoto's successors are incompetent. The artist is a guy who did the background and had little experience drawing people in kishimoto's style. Judging by his art I say he is incredibly lazy. All his woman look the same. We are lucky they even have any distinguishing features at all. Which more comes from them originally being based of kishi's designs then any of his work. Also his art work for the frist few chapters was very poor and it seem to improve overtime along with the character except the women. Which to me means he didn't spend they year practicing drawing his characters and after complaints after the first few chapters was force to. since the only character that did not look like kitten was salad, who he already had to redesign because of that controversy. The scriptwriter has done nothing so far since all they have done is rehash the plot of the movie and they only original thing they have done is in the first chapter set up an clone of the Naruto/Sasuke conflict. So even when they do get into their own work I'm not expecting anything good or interesting.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 November 2016 - 01:13 AM.

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:04 AM

@tricksie
No, he doesn't.

The author just have an art evolution.
Author who draw bad will get better overtime, unlike story telling.

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:07 AM

Story telling is still hard to say since this is already done by Kishi.

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:40 AM

Nah I don't think he will ever make a great story.

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:57 AM

The only plot they have is from the first few pages from the first chapter where: they killed off Naruto, destroyed the village..again, gave Bolt a standard badass outfit, gave him and his rival some power tattoo, and set up a rehash or the Naruto/Sasuke conflict. Does any of that sound interesting to you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users