Close
Photo

The Great Naruto Discussion Thread

naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31571 replies to this topic

#30441 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 04:23 PM

Wow, that's a lot of dumping when it comes to talking about Fire Emblem all of a sudden. XD

#30442 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 30 August 2022 - 09:45 PM

Even though I can not get through anything by Tolkien I do respect his work for these kinds of reasons. You can tell the care he put into his craft which, honestly, sometimes I wish Moorcock put that same level into his works at times.

And as for the VAs, once again it's always going to be a matter of professionalism. Unless there's a lot of backlash to the ending, like Gundam SEED Destiny (with Shinn's VA) or Gundam IBO (McGillis) levels, it's frowned upon in the industry to talk smack about the production as it will be seen as disrespectful to everyone else who worked on it. Until the franchise is dead and buried, best we can hope for is off-the-cuff comments.

Sadly a lot of writers don't put all that much work into the world they are building; however, the one thing we Tolkien fans have is our strength; you look at just how many of us are fighting this crappy Ring of Power, the woke kitten that Amazon is doing.

Time and again, they keep trying to say they are changing Tolkien and his world to reflect on the world we live in and not his world. It's not just that; it'ss all the lies they keep telling.

I agree with you on this just look at Naruto, that's now dying slowly, and when it is dead, we know Hinata fans will blame us. Well, mainly SP, they will want to blame someone as that is the go-to now is go and blame the fans, and I wouldn't put it past them.

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 31 August 2022 - 12:20 AM.

#30443 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 30 August 2022 - 11:02 PM

Sadly a lot of writers don't put all that much work into the world they are building; however, the one thing we Tolkien fans have is our strength; you like at just how many of us are fighting this crappy Ring of Power, the woke kitten that Amazon is doing.

Time and again, they keep trying to say they are changing Tolkien and his world to reflect on the world we live in and not his world. It's not just that; it'ss all the lies they keep telling.

I agree with you on this just look at Naruto, that's now dying slowly, and when it is dead, we know Hinata fans will blame us. Well, mainly SP, they will want to blame someone as that is the go-to now is go and blame the fans, and I wouldn't put it past them.

right even though we had nothing to do with it dying 

#30444 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 September 2022 - 06:24 AM

right even though we had nothing to do with it dying 

Yeah, they just want to avoid responsibility. 'Nuff said!

#30445 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 01 September 2022 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, they just want to avoid responsibility. 'Nuff said!

agreed the word responibility means nothing now 

#30446 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 16 October 2022 - 04:44 PM

Just wanted to comment on the Fire Emblem Three Houses talk; I don't really see how Silver Snow is the canon route. Really, I can't see any route as canon. They're all up to the player. Don't get me wrong though, I very much dislike Edelgard. I think on top of the reasons said why she's popular in the west, I'd add that another reason people love her is because she's bisexual. The sheer amount of Female Byleth and Edelgard ship art I've seen is stunning. Obviously not the -only- reason but hating religion, wanting to take out anyone else if they disagree because she sees herself as more morally superior and being an attractive young woman being strong bases as is. Also 'girl boss' energy that people love. The cherry on top is that she seems to be super attached and a little obsessed with Byleth.
I'm pretty immune to all of those reasons, so seeing how horrible she is as a person, her beliefs and actions is really easy for me. Someone mentioned she's exactly the same as a previous Fire Emblem villain and no one likes or cares about him. Why? Because he's not a waifu.  :argh: IDR the guy's name. Edelgard is racist, authoritarian, a tyrant, cruel, ruthless, ignorant and closed minded. Not to mention completely mislead. And a bit hypocritical depending on how you view her ending.
And we're allllll very familiar that sometimes, just being a waifu is plenty reason to blindly follow and support anything and everything a character is and does. (*cough*Hinata*coughcough*) So of course they overlook her blinding and glaring flaws.

It seemed pretty obvious that Edelgard was the villain of the game. At least to me. I bought Three Hopes but I dunno. Maybe it's the gameplay style but I haven't really gotten into it.

Though hearing that Claude turned into a villain in Three Hopes really ticks me off. I know he's the least popular of the three, but I love him a lot. I felt like his path in Three Houses was the most complete and satisfying. The only complaint I have is that Demetri died anyways. He is my favorite of the three and as much as I adore his route and character development, I do feel like his route had some painful loose ends that Claude's route tied neatly. You not only stop Edelgard, but you also learn about and take care of 'Those who slither in the dark'. Sadly, Demetri's route completely missed the latter.

I didn't hear about Edelgard's information control campaign though. Figures. Not sure why they removed it. It's not like it'll make her simps stop loving her and worshipping her.  :laughcry: She's a hawt waifu whom you can make smexy yuris with. She can do no wrong.

But it figures the West completely missed the point. And they did. If they want Westerners to follow the point, don't make the bad guy into a waifu in which you can take her side. I really can't blame the Japanese for being pissed about it. I'm on their side with this. Westerners have this horrible habit of thinking with their crotches or just plain ignoring the flaws. (Though it doesn't help that the West and Japan are at odds with each other socially. Polar opposites.)
Reminds me of Guilty Gear. Japanese fans were absolutely furious about Bridget. His whole story is that he was raised as a girl because twin boys being born in his village is considered a horrible omen or something like that. So to save him, his parents raised him as a girl and he wants to reclaim his manhood.
I guess the not true or neutral ending has Bridget caving into pressure (By two adults) and deciding to live as a girl. But all the Western fans take it as that means he's trans. The wikis all say he's 'female' now. Even though his best/true ending has him denying the pressure and saying he'll live as he wants. (He doesn't specify whether that means as a girl or boy, but you'd assume that he's either saying it doesn't matter to him anymore or he's going with his original quest to reclaim his masculinity.)
Because of this, the Japanese fandom (who love their feminine boys or 'traps') completely lost it over the idea that the game developers were trying to pander to twitter and take away their long beloved character.

Long story short, it seems like Westerners ruin everything.  :fu: And as a westerner myself, I really can't disagree with that. I've been on Japan's side of how they view things. Kinda hate how Western fandoms twist things. Ruined Naruto, ruined Guilty Gear, ruined Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 19 October 2022 - 12:14 PM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#30447 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 17 October 2022 - 12:01 AM

The same mentality I see run rampant with Edelgard parallels what I've seen of the Akame Ga Kill fanbase and their obsession with Esdeath.  It doesn't matter to them that she allows her men to literally rape, torture and pillage villages.  It doesn't matter that she sees MC Tatsumi as a toy for her to dominate, disregards his opinions, beliefs or what he values if it does not coincide with her own.  It doesn't matter that she lives a life based on hedonism and social darwinist principles  where she will wage wars for her own entertainment and justifies the deaths of innocnet lives in her wake as the fault of their own "weakness".  As long as she has big boobs, she can do no wrong. 

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#30448 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 05:57 PM

The same mentality I see run rampant with Edelgard parallels what I've seen of the Akame Ga Kill fanbase and their obsession with Esdeath.  It doesn't matter to them that she allows her men to literally rape, torture and pillage villages.  It doesn't matter that she sees MC Tatsumi as a toy for her to dominate, disregards his opinions, beliefs or what he values if it does not coincide with her own.  It doesn't matter that she lives a life based on hedonism and social darwinist principles  where she will wage wars for her own entertainment and justifies the deaths of innocnet lives in her wake as the fault of their own "weakness".  As long as she has big boobs, she can do no wrong.

Reminds me how some people are cool with Sasuke in spite of the crap he did since he was involved in some terrible things too!

#30449 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 12:43 PM

Reminds me how some people are cool with Sasuke in spite of the crap he did since he was involved in some terrible things too!

that and naruto simping for sasuke all the time 

#30450 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 10:36 PM

Yeah there seems to be this "fans will forgive a character for their most heinous attributes if they are HOT" mentality going around. I have a problem with that.  :dry: As for Edelgard, I'm neutral towards her at best. The only reason I chose her route in the first place is for gameplay purposes because she is the lord of Black eagles and I invested in building her. Her motivations and goals are also a neutral point for me because while I can sympathize with her and her views have some merit as the plot shows, her conquest mind set and "the end justifies the means" attitude are not what I can get behind. With that in mind, I'm  not sure why others do, if they don't condone it with another character and the reasoning of completely agreeing with her is that she is beautiful and is a waifu or some kitten along those lines.

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 November 2022 - 01:53 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30451 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 09:32 PM

Well one example form me regarding this topic is actually Velvet Crowe, the Main character from Tales of Berseria. All thing considered, she was revenge driven in the end and didn't care about whose lives she wrecks to get get and justifies it with her easing her brother's pain. Whatever else is attributed to her character, that is the gist of it for the majority of the game at least and I for one will not ignore that part of her character. And no, her being a good waifu does not change how selfish and tunnel vision-like her world view was at that point, destroying the lives and livelihood of others to kill one man. I do not agree that she deserves a happy ending and she already stated throughout the game that she never wanted one, after setting her cross hairs on that one man. ( I just don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't played it)

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 June 2023 - 06:49 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30452 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:43 PM

So, any opinions on the new Sasuke manga that's been released?

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#30453 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 03:16 PM

Garbage.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#30454 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 03:19 PM

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=16699

Did a summary. The story is poorly structured with a lot of contrivances that could be fixed with some rewrites and editing. 3-4/10. The art is better than Boruto, but apparently not as good as the other side manga.

#30455 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 04:21 PM

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=16699

Did a summary. The story is poorly structured with a lot of contrivances that could be fixed with some rewrites and editing. 3-4/10. The art is better than Boruto, but apparently not as good as the other side manga.

It makes sense if it's based on one of those light novels, which shows us the bar's been set that low for this franchise!

#30456 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 12:29 PM

It makes sense if it's based on one of those light novels, which shows us the bar's been set that low for this franchise!

the bar has been that low since the war arc and the last and it keeps going lower

#30457 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 06 November 2022 - 11:50 PM

https://youtu.be/X1BVT7yoXVE sums up one of the biggest problems of the war arc

#30458 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 13 November 2022 - 03:36 PM

Alright, I tried sharing my digital coloring of Sakura on here, but the dimension and size and the type of image couldn't exactly work which..  still too this day doesn't really surprise me all that much,  but you all know how much I adored Sakura's character prior to the ending and I wanna share some positivity here with you guys  :happy:

It's one of Sakura Haruno in her school outfit: https://www.tumblr.c...igital-coloring

There's also one other digital coloring I did of her shortly after the showers: https://www.tumblr.c...igital-coloring

(some of you probably thought " After Showers!! is this NSFW material, Lucky?" No not really I like all my digital colorings to be a bit friendly and clean... but once in a while I could make an exception to where there's a line drawn and not exactly super explicit either cause those turn me off of any kind.. Whether it's Naruto related or not, I like just like to find a nice little balance where it's flirting with the idea of NSFW, but to where you're like "Okay I can't really look at this cause it's too much!")  

I've got some more digital colorings of Sakura coming on the way that I really can't wait to share with you guys  :wub:

Edited by LuckyChi7, 13 November 2022 - 03:41 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#30459 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 03:10 PM

https://www.reddit.c...nt=share_button
Praying for chie 🙏 the best remedy may be boruto being canceled

#30460 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 04:09 PM

https://www.reddit.c...nt=share_button
Praying for chie the best remedy may be boruto being canceled

Well the good new they caught it before it turned into cancer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users