Close
Photo

Students make Bus monitor cry (Please click)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

Video link... language warning... overall disgust and distasteful creatures who say this stuff to her. Poor lady. People want this video to go viral so she gets the recognition she deserves so it can go on the international news. !

STUDENTS MAKE BUS MONITOR CRY!!!

Four students in a middle school in my town made a video harassing their school bus monitor. In this ten minute video, they verbally abuse her over and over again, saying things as terrible as “I hope your kids kill themselves so they don’t have to be around you” and they were gonna “stab her in the stomach”. Her son committed suicide ten years ago. The police are handling the undetermined consequences for the children who were harassing her. It has already been on the local news and the video currently has over 280,000 views on Youtube, and over $40,000 has been raised for her to go on vacation, she only makes $15,506 a year. 1,300 emails have been sent to the school district regarding this. A local radio guy in my town tweeted Ellen the video. We want this to go viral and for those kids to be humiliated. She has also been interviewed on the news, aswell as a parent of one of the kids. If you want to send her a sweet message, her name is Karen Huff Klein.

Here is the link to her Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/kklein1944

Here is the link to the tweet we want to get to Ellen:

https://twitter.com/...478927332868098

Here is the link to the tweet we want to get to Anderson Cooper:

https://twitter.com/...598902815109120

Here is the fundraiser to give her a vacation if you want to donate! You can donate as little or as much as you want:

http://www.indiegogo...klein?c=pledges

On the link above, there are links to the staff emails including the principal of the school, links to the other videos, links to the schools website, information on the bus number, and the school’s fax number.

WE WANT TO GET THIS ON ELLEN OR ON NATIONAL NEWS! HELP OUT KAREN KLEIN! TEAM KAREN!

If you guys could just check this out it'd be really nice cause this lady deserves it :/ Poor lady.

Edited by Fenris, 21 June 2012 - 07:31 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Never thought I would see the day when an elderly woman gets bullied this is just plain sick. It gives you a clear look at how mess up this generation is.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Well, it's already made national news. It was on CNN and I was listening to a morning radio show talk about it a short while ago.
Kids are mean, there's nothing new about that, but these kids deserve a good old fashioned ass beating.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#4 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 21 2012, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kids are mean, there's nothing new about that, but these kids deserve a good old fashioned ass beating.

100x agree with this statement.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#5 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:03 AM

What did she do to deserve that? I'm sorry but, these kids have no future ahead of them.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#6 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

An ass beating will be a good punishment for them. But a more fitted one will be for those kids to be on the streets holding sings that says" I bullied a 68 year old woman and I like it". So everyone can see that they're the bullies from the video, results will be complete and utter humiliation with all the insults the people will be telling them.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

I'm so appalled by this that my feels are just raging. Ugh if only I could use my super secret ninja techniques. Ugh.
OTP and my Bby

#8 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Jun 22 2012, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't care how old they are, they are in need of a good spanking by their parents..

-____-

Maybe that's the problem. Not enough "spanking" from their parents. I've always wondered why this gen's kids can be so f-ed up. Surely there must be a reason. This gen's parents? Strong media influence? Overemphasis on freedom? Can't take everything at face value and just blame the kids. Not saying they're not wrong though. Just that we need to find the root cause too instead of just touching the surface.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#9 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jun 22 2012, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe that's the problem. Not enough "spanking" from their parents. I've always wondered why this gen's kids can be so f-ed up. Surely there must be a reason. This gen's parents? Strong media influence? Overemphasis on freedom? Can't take everything at face value and just blame the kids. Not saying they're not wrong though. Just that we need to find the root cause too instead of just touching the surface.

Yeah I think that's the biggest problem. Most parents don't have time at all for their kinds and maybe don't even care what they're doing. And don't even get me started on the new 'no beating and no yelling' parenting policy. Each generation is worse. I know we were a handful for our professors in school but now my friends who just started working as professors already want to quit.

#10 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

What the hell is wrong with them? I never did that to my bus monitor, I was always nice and so were the other kids, but then again things have changed a lot since I've been in school. For shame on those kids...

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#11 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Jun 22 2012, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I think that's the biggest problem. Most parents don't have time at all for their kinds and maybe don't even care what they're doing. And don't even get me started on the new 'no beating and no yelling' parenting policy. Each generation is worse. I know we were a handful for our professors in school but now my friends who just started working as professors already want to quit.

Actually, I really don't think you have to either beat nor yell at a kid to get him to learn things. Maybe is because I've studied a bit of Psychology or maybe because I wasn't particularly beat up during my childhood. Heh, I think the worst punishment they can receive are the removal of privileges. Take out a cellphone/laptop of a teenager and see if he doesn't learn his/her lesson.

However, there are many factors behind kids who behave like this.

One of them, which worries me, is the policy of parents "giving their kids what they never had". I mean, working extra hours a week to give the kid a Playstation 3 with a Grand Theft Auto game? I don't think that will teach them much about values in life.

Another factor we have to keep in mind is how the environment affects the kid. In a dysfunctional home, the chances of the kid developing the same behavior he sees at his house are high. If he sees violence and disrespect at home, you can be sure that he/she will learn that.

And finally, there also lies the topic of society and media. Man, I'm tired of seeing that the daily programs here in PR are soap operas, violent movies and a 1-hour new which covers all the murders which have happened in the day. I don't see cartoons, educational programs.. in fact, it's been quite a long time since I saw a movie for general people.

Oh, and let's not get started on how the school system has forgotten about values.

Anyway, there are many factors which can be discussed that are the root of the behavior in kids like these. But just looking at them won't do much. The only thing we have left to do is that, in the case we have the privilege of raising children in the future, keep all of these important details in mind.

#12 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

I knew Middle and High School kids these days were snut nosed ingrates, but not at these level.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#13 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#14 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jun 22 2012, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew Middle and High School kids these days were snut nosed ingrates, but not at these level.

...Im in high school and im nothing like this, nor are any of my friends...

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#15 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

While this story is tragic and my heart goes out to this poor woman, it annoys me when people comment "these kids are our future leaders?!?! Society is doomed!!!" First off, kids and people have bullied others since the dawn of man; it's not going to change anytime soon. Second, Don't judge everyone else based on the actions of the few. Apparently these kids have apologized, but all I can hope for is that they were sincere apologies not "I'm sorry I was caught" apologies. If they aren't sincere, I hope they will one day realize how regrettable their actions were and learn from it.

#16 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Jun 22 2012, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I really don't think you have to either beat nor yell at a kid to get him to learn things. Maybe is because I've studied a bit of Psychology or maybe because I wasn't particularly beat up during my childhood. Heh, I think the worst punishment they can receive are the removal of privileges. Take out a cellphone/laptop of a teenager and see if he doesn't learn his/her lesson.

However, there are many factors behind kids who behave like this.

One of them, which worries me, is the policy of parents "giving their kids what they never had". I mean, working extra hours a week to give the kid a Playstation 3 with a Grand Theft Auto game? I don't think that will teach them much about values in life.

Another factor we have to keep in mind is how the environment affects the kid. In a dysfunctional home, the chances of the kid developing the same behavior he sees at his house are high. If he sees violence and disrespect at home, you can be sure that he/she will learn that.

And finally, there also lies the topic of society and media. Man, I'm tired of seeing that the daily programs here in PR are soap operas, violent movies and a 1-hour new which covers all the murders which have happened in the day. I don't see cartoons, educational programs.. in fact, it's been quite a long time since I saw a movie for general people.

Oh, and let's not get started on how the school system has forgotten about values.

Anyway, there are many factors which can be discussed that are the root of the behavior in kids like these. But just looking at them won't do much. The only thing we have left to do is that, in the case we have the privilege of raising children in the future, keep all of these important details in mind.

Yeah, imposing violence on those kids won't teach them to value others. What is need is to restore in schools the compassion for others lessons my generation got in public schools in the 1970's. I think it had a very positive effect on my generation- school violence was much lower than with later teenagers. (Even with the tough economic times of the 1980's- if you were poor or lower middle class the 80's were nearly as bad economically as things are now for all but the richest people...) Bullying still happened but tended to be verbal not physical, and not at anything like the vicious level you see in that video, and we wouldn't have even thought of bullying an adult, certainly not in middle school/junior high.

I would think a long in school suspension with lots of education programs and guest speakers on having compassion for others would be the best thing that could be done. Showing these kids just how appalling their behavior was until they truly get it. Testing the kids on the lessons too, to make sure the message got through. Then following through to make sure the education had a lasting influence.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#17 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Jun 22 2012, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While this story is tragic and my heart goes out to this poor woman, it annoys me when people comment "these kids are our future leaders?!?! Society is doomed!!!" First off, kids and people have bullied others since the dawn of man; it's not going to change anytime soon. Second, Don't judge everyone else based on the actions of the few. Apparently these kids have apologized, but all I can hope for is that they were sincere apologies not "I'm sorry I was caught" apologies. If they aren't sincere, I hope they will one day realize how regrettable their actions were and learn from it.

Well yeah....

Besides, I've prosecuted juvenile offenders. Trust me when I say, I've seen kids do things that are much, much worse than this.

#18 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

I think a big issue is discipline and lack of 'real work' for children.

I have a little cousin who is 4 right now. He's actually very intelligent and all, but he's almost spoiled rotten. There's... family issues that I think is affecting his youth.

At his fathers house, I'm positive that his step mother gives him whatever he wants and does everything for him. You know, some step-mothers are overly nice because that isn't really their child. Especially in this situation.

So when he goes to spend time with his mother, he's just... unbearable. He doesn't want to clean up his own toys or understand that concept of responsibility for you own actions at all. His mother grew up in a home where physical punishment was not necessary. It was very strict, they had to work for their own things, and privileges were taken away when they did something wrong. But the only thing she enforces on her son is the no physical discipline.

The house I grew up in had a lot of physical discipline. I didn't get whooped too often, but if I did something wrong, I KNEW I would get in trouble for it and I would have to face the consequences. Doing something bad had CONSEQUENCES.

I have a little brother as well, but I feel my mom went wrong with him. You see, as I got older and got more privileges, so did he. For example, if I turned 12 and finally got to stay up until 9:00, he got that privileged too when he was only 8. She was much more lenient on him than me, probably not intentionally, but that's how it is.

Now she gets him whatever he wants. And what has happened? He cuts up in school, picks fights with her, no respect for any authority unless it a cop. It's saddening.

I've seen kids like these before as I was growing up. I used to be bullied by kids like these, though my bullies weren't vulgar like this, they liked to do more physical things to me.

The real problem is parents spoiling their kids and not being involved enough with their child's education and school.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#19 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Jun 22 2012, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep well obviously things are different when it comes to teens, you can't really hit them. I was talking about disciplining them when they're younger. I mean, what would you take away from a 5-year-old? Maybe a favorite toy but then he would start screaming enough to make your head explode. You can't really reason with them with words too much if they start like that.

#20 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 22 2012, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, imposing violence on those kids won't teach them to value others. What is need is to restore in schools the compassion for others lessons my generation got in public schools in the 1970's. I think it had a very positive effect on my generation- school violence was much lower than with later teenagers. (Even with the tough economic times of the 1980's- if you were poor or lower middle class the 80's were nearly as bad economically as things are now for all but the richest people...) Bullying still happened but tended to be verbal not physical, and not at anything like the vicious level you see in that video, and we wouldn't have even thought of bullying an adult, certainly not in middle school/junior high.

I would think a long in school suspension with lots of education programs and guest speakers on having compassion for others would be the best thing that could be done. Showing these kids just how appalling their behavior was until they truly get it. Testing the kids on the lessons too, to make sure the message got through. Then following through to make sure the education had a lasting influence.

I agree with you ciardha. In my opinion, if every part of society were to focus on the importance of values, I think the effect would be more surprising than everyone would ever expect.

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 22 2012, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides, I've prosecuted juvenile offenders. Trust me when I say, I've seen kids do things that are much, much worse than this.

Nate, now I officially see you as someone to look up to. And "Prosecutor Nate River" has a nice ring to it (I'm serious). happy.gif

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jun 23 2012, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think a big issue is discipline and lack of 'real work' for children.

I have a little cousin who is 4 right now. He's actually very intelligent and all, but he's almost spoiled rotten. There's... family issues that I think is affecting his youth.

At his fathers house, I'm positive that his step mother gives him whatever he wants and does everything for him. You know, some step-mothers are overly nice because that isn't really their child. Especially in this situation.

So when he goes to spend time with his mother, he's just... unbearable. He doesn't want to clean up his own toys or understand that concept of responsibility for you own actions at all. His mother grew up in a home where physical punishment was not necessary. It was very strict, they had to work for their own things, and privileges were taken away when they did something wrong. But the only thing she enforces on her son is the no physical discipline.

The house I grew up in had a lot of physical discipline. I didn't get whooped too often, but if I did something wrong, I KNEW I would get in trouble for it and I would have to face the consequences. Doing something bad had CONSEQUENCES.

I have a little brother as well, but I feel my mom went wrong with him. You see, as I got older and got more privileges, so did he. For example, if I turned 12 and finally got to stay up until 9:00, he got that privileged too when he was only 8. She was much more lenient on him than me, probably not intentionally, but that's how it is.

Now she gets him whatever he wants. And what has happened? He cuts up in school, picks fights with her, no respect for any authority unless it a cop. It's saddening.

I've seen kids like these before as I was growing up. I used to be bullied by kids like these, though my bullies weren't vulgar like this, they liked to do more physical things to me.

The real problem is parents spoiling their kids and not being involved enough with their child's education and school.

We share a similar story on this one. Thanks to my parents spoiling my little brother, now he believe he's "invincible", to say it like that. Now, they're "paying the price" and I'm afraid to say that the worst is yet to come. Of course, I still hope for him to amend his ways, but I've been waiting for that for a while.

QUOTE (Kim @ Jun 23 2012, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep well obviously things are different when it comes to teens, you can't really hit them. I was talking about disciplining them when they're younger. I mean, what would you take away from a 5-year-old? Maybe a favorite toy but then he would start screaming enough to make your head explode. You can't really reason with them with words too much if they start like that.

Well, I have two pieces of advice on this one:

The first one was already given so I'll quote it and give credits to kirabook since she was the one who gave it.

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jun 23 2012, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahh, I have to go, but as soon as I return, I'll give the second piece of advice. happy.gif

EDIT: OK, so after this long day I can finally drop by. happy.gif

So yeah, the first option is this one. Kids at this age work in two ways: either negotiation (rewards for good deeds) or punishment (fear for bad deeds). If they know that something bad awaits them if they do something wrong, then they will not do that.

Now then, you're probably wondering about the crying issue, right?

Well, I've noticed that if a 5 year old kid uses this "technique" to get what he wants, is because their parents have let him do this, and probably since earlier in life (maybe every since the infant was 1 year old). If the parents take different measures to teach their child that crying will get him/her nothing, they will eventually stop doing that. (In a personal experience: the daughters of my neighbor tend to cry a lot. Since I spend time there [her brother is my friend], I usually see them crying. When I get tired, I just go to them, crouch in front of them, looks at them in the eyes and ask what's wrong. They have always stopped crying after that biggrin.gif )

In any case, the way their parents raise their children affects at least their first five years of their like (before elementary school). If that time has been used to teach the kid values, he will learn to respect them. Anyway, raising kids can be tough, but just think about the fact that our parents did the same and well, here we are now discussing these interesting topics. happy.gif

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 24 June 2012 - 04:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users