81 replies to this topic

#41 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

Now that the translations out I can make sense of the skywhale hunting. Not much happened to move the plot forward this chapter besides kid learning about his father, who is possibly the cause of the madness from what I could make and Crona being added to the execution list to be carried out by the spartoi. Maka even calls the shinigami an ass, at this point I'm wondering if they're going to rebel against the shinigami especially with all the secrecy around him and what not. They might not rebel but I know somethings Genna happen. Also how the hell does Black Star move when Tsubaki is holding him up? Does she hop 0_o? I'd link chap but I'm on my phone D:

JLHza2T.png

#42 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Ani @ Jul 13 2011, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, one of my favorite parts about SE is the characters and the comedy in the show. Some scenes were actually dragged out in the anime, such as the Soul and Black*Star bro hug, which was hilarious. There really isn't any character I hate, though there are some I don't care for as much. But I love a lot of the characters. Also, the storyline can get really good at times.

Yea i really like the characters the friendship that they all automatically share is great (none of that bs, explaining and slowly opening up by all of them) Like when Kid and Soul were sitting on the bench and talking that was a cool moment they share even though we don't see much of them together and Kid asks Soul how he is feeling.

Sorry that Im way behind I just started watching the anime and I still have to convince my self to read the manga just cause thats not something I usually do. But I probably will, but Im hoping for a Soul Eater: Brotherhood wink.gif

Edited by bthug, 13 July 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#43 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jul 13 2011, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well its kinda obvious who my favourite character is. rolleyes.gif

Is it Stein? No, wait, it's Chrona! No, no, wait, I'll think of it.

#44 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Well, started watching the episodes, am at twelve. I pretty much loved everything about the show. The characters are pretty good, plot is very good, there really isn't a good guy that I hate, loved to see how the rest of the series turns out.

Edited by anguyen92, 14 July 2011 - 03:04 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#45 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

Yay~ Then once you finish the anime, you can start on the manga. wow.png

#46 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:14 AM

Yea same goes for me theirs just one thing that kinda bothers me around episode 33 I believe it is....
That Maka becomes official leader of the crew, I liked it when they were all equals, at least on paper. I know Maka is the main character but still I wish it stayed the same, besides I always wanted Soul to be the main character.

Btw when does the anime get away from the manga, around what episode?

#47 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

I actually like that Maka is the main character. You don't see too many female main characters in shounen. And apparently it's been stated by Ohkubo that the title isn't about Soul the character, but about the people who eats souls, like the Kishin.

And the first changes begin in episode 36. But I suggest reading the manga from the very beginning, since they have some minor differences.

#48 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

Yea I'm opening up to the fact that Maka is the main character.

I think I am on episode 39, how many chapter are their in the manga? Just curious to see how long it might take me.

#49 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

Well the manga is monthly and this month's chapter just came out, which was chapter 88.

#50 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

jeez by the time I finsih and convince my self to read it, It will probably be on chapter 90. I sure hope Bones makes another adaptation.

Btw Are their more SoulXMaka moments, I would love for them to increase dramatically, when I read some other boards it seems as if all the moments were just early on.

#51 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

I think that Bones wants to do another season of Soul Eater. They've shown interest in re-airing the anime in Japan and even added a few new openings and endings for it. I think once the manga gets really close to the end of it's run, that they will do what they did with FMA Brotherhood.

And I would say that there are still Soul and Maka moments later on. There was probably just a whole lot in the beginning compared to later on I guess is what they meant.

#52 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

Can I be honest here, I LOVE MakaxSoul, to me its perfect and theirs just so much connection/chemistry between them. They kinda act as if they were already boyfriend and girlfriend or even married ( I mean they LIVE TOGETHER) but I think thats what bothers me their so close to just being "official" but it probably wont happen until the end of the manga.

#53 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (bthug @ Jul 15 2011, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I be honest here, I LOVE MakaxSoul, to me its perfect and theirs just so much connection/chemistry between them. They kinda act as if they were already boyfriend and girlfriend or even married ( I mean they LIVE TOGETHER) but I think thats what bothers me their so close to just being "official" but it probably wont happen until the end of the manga.

What are you talking about? The official pairing stated by the author is MakaxSpirit and SoulxStein. 0_o

JLHza2T.png

#54 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (bthug @ Jul 15 2011, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the thing is that I think that this is one of these cases where pairings won't have to define a character development as in if it is a canon pairing great, then it won't change any dynamics or anything if its not then no worries, but you know whatever happens is just gonna happen.

Edited by anguyen92, 17 July 2011 - 01:10 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#55 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 16 2011, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you talking about? The official pairing stated by the author is MakaxSpirit and SoulxStein. 0_o

Lol plz dont start with that, we hear enough of that when it comes to Narusasu

QUOTE (anguyen92 @ Jul 16 2011, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the thing is that I think that this is one of these cases where pairings won't have to define a character development as in if it is a canon pairing great, then it won't change any dynamics or anything if its not then no worries, but you know whatever happens is just gonna happen.

Wait can u clarify? U lost me srry.

#56 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

^^ I'm just saying that this is basically the one story where pairings is not actually important as oppose to naruto though that is basically a subplot where in soul eater, pairings is not really an important aspect of the plot despite hints. Sorry, if i offended you in any way shape or form. But you know keep supporting makaxsoul. It's like narusaku almost but that's like comparing White Collar to Suits.

Edited by anguyen92, 17 July 2011 - 04:29 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#57 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (bthug @ Jul 16 2011, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait can u clarify? U lost me srry.

lol plz don't start with that? I'm not starting with anything. The author has released an interview stating that those are the official pairings. You can look it up if you want I'm to lazy to find it again.

JLHza2T.png

#58 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (bthug @ Jul 16 2011, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's completely right, you can go find the interview if you want to.

#59 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (anguyen92 @ Jul 17 2011, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^ I'm just saying that this is basically the one story where pairings is not actually important as oppose to naruto though that is basically a subplot where in soul eater, pairings is not really an important aspect of the plot despite hints. Sorry, if i offended you in any way shape or form. But you know keep supporting makaxsoul. It's like narusaku almost but that's like comparing White Collar to Suits.

No dont wrry u didnt offend me =)......But u see to me (personally) Ive always felt like pairings were necessary once the creator adds any bit of hinting. And theirs a lot of hinting in Soul Eater, much more then Naruto IMO, and sure its not technically necessary but it would be really really nice, and actually for me its necessary cause that's what got me into this anime/manga (the chemistry between maka and soul) and that's what I am looking forward to.

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jul 17 2011, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's completely right, you can go find the interview if you want to.

So ur telling me its going to be a father and daughter paring and a homosexual ending. ( not to mention the age difference in both situations.)

#60 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (bthug @ Jul 16 2011, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No dont wrry u didnt offend me =)......But u see to me (personally) Ive always felt like pairings were necessary once the creator adds any bit of hinting. And theirs a lot of hinting in Soul Eater, much more then Naruto IMO, and sure its not technically necessary but it would be really really nice, and actually for me its necessary cause that's what got me into this anime/manga (the chemistry between maka and soul) and that's what I am looking forward to.

So ur telling me its going to be a father and daughter paring and a homosexual ending. ( not to mention the age difference in both situations.)

Errrrrrr yes? I mean it's not the weirdest thing that has happened in SE. I mean a snake slithered down a little girls throat and took over her body. Its def not the wierdest thing in the manga universe either.

JLHza2T.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users