• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#41 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Well, I guess it's a sign of respect, so that's good. At least we don't have to say "HEY SHOW SOME RESPECT!" :lol:

This day has been like a dream, because this week was so busy, a lot of stuff to do at work. All I did was just take it easy and relax, was very nice.

Right now I'm watching Drive, one of my favorite movies from 2011. This was one of three great movies that included Ryan Gosling in 2011. The other two were The Ides of March and Crazy Stupid Love. Albert Brooks was great in Drive, too.

I also saw Catching Fire, thought it was great. In fact, I consider it better than the first one.

So tonight on Toonami the episode with Choji fighting the Sound Ninja will air. It's really too bad that Choji lost that fight so easily. He really didn't have a good fight until the Sasuke arc.

Also on Toonami is the episode of FLCL Brittle Bullet. I really enjoy this and the previous episode, 4 and 5 are my favorite episodes out of the series.

One more thing, I've been getting really into watching the show Key and Peele lately, I find it so funny, this bit was great -

Yeah, being called ma'am feels really weird but the alternative is being mistaken for someone in their mid-teens, which is a bit annoying, but looking young is probably something I'll appreciate more as I grow older, right now though it's a bit of a nuisance, so I'd take ma'am over that. 

I haven't seen Catching Fire yet, hopefully it'll live up to expectation, cause the book fell a little short for me.

#42 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yeah, being called ma'am feels really weird but the alternative is being mistaken for someone in their mid-teens, which is a bit annoying, but looking young is probably something I'll appreciate more as I grow older, right now though it's a bit of a nuisance, so I'd take ma'am over that. 

I haven't seen Catching Fire yet, hopefully it'll live up to expectation, cause the book fell a little short for me.

Confession, I've not read the Hunger Games books. In fact, I haven't read many of the books that most movies are based off of .  :sweatdrop:  Most of the time I'm either reading the news or fanfics. I guess when it comes to most mediums for fiction I watch movies over reading or even watching TV series.

Anyways, going to Catching Fire, personally (not having read the books) I thought it was a really well made movie, it was enjoyable. Thanks for the input BakeNeko-Chan :happy:

---

So I have been meaning to make another beer recommendation because I haven't in a while. Figure now would be a good time. The beer I'm recommending today is Leinenkugel Snow Drift Vanilla Porter

pr-leinenkugel-snowdrift_zps86eef396.jpg

If you've read my blog, you'll know that I am a real fan of porters, well this is one of my favorite porters hands down. The taste of this brew hits immediately and it's one that you want to savor. The vanilla flavor is mixed with a hint of chocolate to make for a really tasty, rich beer. Today was really cold up here in the MN-ND area, so it was a perfect day to have this winter seasonal. This is a great beer to have through the November and December holidays.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#43 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! I love this holiday, you just eat a bunch of tasty food and watch parades and football. :lol:

Drove back to my home town last night, and I should have expected it, but I was welcomed by some snow. First time this year driving in snow, so not exactly the warmest welcome by northern Minnesota but what do you expect. :P

So anyone going to be watching the Thanksgiving games today?

I'm picking the Lions to beat the Pack

The Boys to beat the Raiders

and the Steelers to beat the Ravens.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#44 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Wow, Thanksgiving was so darn good! Had to switch to sweatpants mode for the pie :lol:.

Tomorrow I'm seeing more of the family and also seeing the movie Frozen. Hopefully Disney's good track record continues with that movie.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#45 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

So getting up this morning and browsing the net, it always amazes me how crazy people get on Black Friday. I mean really, fist fighting at Walmart just for a fricking TV? The way people just run into those stores, looks like Dawn of the Dead.

How about this for a Black Friday plan. Chill out on the couch, watch some college football and NHL and eat some leftovers. That's what I'm doing.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#46 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well, been a while since I've updated this thing, and that's mainly since I've been busy!

As a film critic, this season is crunch time. Award ceremonies, seeing all of the best picture nominees, top 10 lists oh my! Probably going to put my top 10 worst on New Years Eve and top 10 best before the Oscars.

I still have to see Her, Saving Mr. Banks, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Wind Rises, American Hustle, Inside Llewyn Davis and The Wolf of Wall Street.

The Golden Globe awards just came out by the way and I'm really disappointed that Prisoners was not nominated for anything, that's one of my favorites of 2013.

I can happily say that the Gophers have had a great run this football season and have a chance to win the Texas Bowl which would give them 9 victories on the season. A great accomplishment. The Gophers are also doing well in hockey and basketball, too, so that's good.

So who else is ready for Christmas? I can't wait, I have some time off so going to travel up north to spend time with the family. Already have all my shopping done, too, did it all online. :P

Edited by Lid, 14 December 2013 - 03:56 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#47 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'm ready for christmas. Coach Kill is too.

#48 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

Wow, been a while since I last updated.

So the new year is here, and 2014 is pretty much the same as 2013 so far. XD

Lately, I am really busy with all of the film award activity lately. Golden Globes are Sunday, Screen Actors Guild Awards are next Saturday and Oscars get nominated next week. It's a fun time of year, though.

This weekend I'm seeing Lone Survivor, August: Osage County, Her and Inside Llewyn Davis and after that I'm going to put together my top 10 movies of 2013. It might be tough though because this was a good year for films.

I also tried a new beer recently, and it's one of the best I've had in a while

winterale_zps637e217e.jpg

Winter White Ale, from Bell's Brewery out in Michigan, was a surprising beer. Most winter beers that I've come across are darker and more heavy. Many of the times winter seasonals are porters and such. This one instead was more of a Belgian wheat style with a real citrus flavor. It was also a creamy beer, which really gave it a good taste. This one was really great, balancing the refreshing taste of a summer beer and is still fitting for winter.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#49 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

OK, if this isn't a sign that we are addicted to bacon, I don't know what is.

0111141101_zps3d586602.jpg

:lmao:  You gotta be kidding me.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#50 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

#Swag

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#51 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

#Swag

#muhsweg

#52 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

So I was chopping an onion last night for dinner and this happened -

0207141223_zps1c8e203a.jpg

O_o

At the very least the onion didn't make me cry.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#53 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

So I was chopping an onion last night for dinner and this happened -

0207141223_zps1c8e203a.jpg

O_o

At the very least the onion didn't make me cry.

>buybetterknives

#54 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

I bought a ceramic knife a couple months ago and its freakin awesome you should look into one. They're a lot more durable than they look and crazy sharp, almost cut to the bone on my thumb the first week i had it.

victorinox-ceramic-knife.jpg

Edited by Muffins?, 13 February 2014 - 12:30 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#55 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

I bought a ceramic knife a couple months ago and its freakin awesome you should look into one. They're a lot more durable than they look and crazy sharp, almost cut to the bone on my thumb the first week i had it.

victorinox-ceramic-knife.jpg

Hmmm, doing some research and those do look really slick. I've been slicing and dicing a lot recently so I should invest, thanks for the tip Muff.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#56 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

Saw this and thought of you lol

ibtIqg4cScWQVp.gif

JLHza2T.png

#57 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Saw this and thought of you lol

ibtIqg4cScWQVp.gif

:lol: Oh Goldy, what a character

Best mascot ever.

BTW

I started playing Zelda OOT Yesterday and as of this post I'm just starting the Forest Temple. Anyways, I noticed something I hadn't before in the Jabu Jabu level. Princess Ruto is totally a tsundere, I hadn't even thought of it before XD.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#58 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:33 AM

My favorite musical artist died on this day in 1997. 

I still miss the work of The Notorious B.I.G.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#59 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

R.I.P Biggie 

yUHzd.jpg

Edited by Muffins?, 10 March 2014 - 04:48 PM.

JLHza2T.png

#60 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

So, as some might know I'm a big fan of the movie Frozen. 

So, upon reading fanfics on it, I kinda hate to say it, but my favorite ship is Kristoff with Elsa  :cry: I'm sorry Anna!  :arg:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users