• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 Kag19

Kag19

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I have a degree in Film and TV and am working on obtaining a masters degree in screen writing. I spend most of my time reviewing scripts at work and at home. Yup, I'm the lucky person who gets to sort through all the submitted screenplays and ends up reading them and providing script coverage to the producers. I enjoy working in development but I hope one day to branch out and work in other areas of production. For example, post production, I love to edit films and I wouldn't mind working on set either. My ultimate goal is to one day become a producer/writer.

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

a_dance.gif ZOMG anime is streaming the second Naruto Shippuden movie now. Enjoy.

http://www.zomganime...e-kizuna-bonds/
Naruto Live action is here

#2 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

Happiness! Time to put all those hours of anime watching to work and pretend I can understand Japaneeese!! w00t.gif

This movie totally rocked! It was great even without the subtitles because it was pretty straight-forward enough to understand and sometimes making up your own translation is funnier anyway. :teehee:

Edited by Nee-sama, 20 April 2009 - 09:39 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#3 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:41 AM

Yes, it's out! Finally, something to do in the holidays! happy.gif

#4 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:51 AM

WAGH! You rock so hard!!! a_dance.gif I've been waiting for this movie for what seems like AGES!!! ^__^ *goes off to watch*
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#5 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

OMG!!!! I think I love you!!! Thank you!!!! Been waiting for this since forever!!!! Time to pretend I understand everything.
sweatdrop.gif

#6 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

AWESOME!!!! Now all we need is the subbed version because even though it looks totally awesome, it just isn't the same without knowing whats being said.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#7 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

Shikamaru's comment after Shino's kickass scene : Damn, son!

#8 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Apr 21 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shikamaru's comment after Shino's kickass scene : Damn, son!

I know right? laugh.gif One of the funnier scenes to me was when Sasuke's running in the hall, and the guards are like, WTF did you come from, stop! Not only does Sasuke totally ignore their existence, Naruto rasengans in the wall next to them, and then runs after Sasuke, totally ignoring the strewn bodies in the hall. If that's not enough, those hand/tentacle thingies then swarm all over them right afterwards. I mean, these poor dudes don't even get a breather in between all of these. Sucks to be those guards - nothing but cannon fodder!
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:49 AM

I don't know about you guys think about it but I think this movie is GODDAMN better than Shippuden Movie 1! wow.png

So much action and Naruto is just awesome, despite being:
pwned by that Amayu's sensei who turned DBZ for awhile until Amayu confessed her feelings...

And did I mentioned Sakura was jealous at the end? :teehee: (And that review is wrong... there is no NaruHina moment at all, actually Hinata wasn't jealous at the end with Sakura and Sakura slapped Naruto when she woke up in his arms, not punched.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 21 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about you guys think about it but I think this movie is GODDAMN better than Shippuden Movie 1! wow.png

pwned by that Amayu's sensei who turned DBZ for awhile until Amayu confessed her feelings...

And did I mentioned Sakura was jealous at the end? :teehee: (And that review is wrong... there is no NaruHina moment at all, actually Hinata wasn't jealous at the end with Sakura and Sakura slapped Naruto when she woke up in his arms, not punched.)

Actually I had an opposite reaction. I thought this movie was worse, for one of the reasons you liked it. I thought the first one had enough action, while this one was a DBZ movie. Good-god, the mid-boss fight alone was almost half an hour long. I'll wait for the subs to pass full judgement but I was bored out of my mind with the action. There was also more action in Part I's second movie compared to it's first, and I thought it was horrible-- just wanted to voice my two-cents on the subject. I'll wait for subs, but from what I gather, this is a really sloppy movie, with things happening ridiculously fast, everything is rushed is what I'm feeling... other than the fighting.... Don't know, I really must be more patient.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#11 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 21 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I completely agree - WAY better than movie 1. I actually really liked the fight scenes, because for once, Naruto did more than just rasengan - he taijutsu'd the boss's ass in the middle fight.

I also agree on the Hinata thing - where on earth did that person get Hinata being jealous from?!
Minor Spoilerz --Click here to view--
The ONLY slightly NaruHina shippy stuff happened when they first started off on their mission and Hinata was being all blushy and coy with him, and Naruto looked more freaked out by her behavior than anything. *shrugs* Maybe its just me.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#12 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

I just noticed in the title of this thread Naruto is spelled wrong th_twitchsmile.gif

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Apr 22 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just noticed in the title of this thread Naruto is spelled wrong th_twitchsmile.gif

Fixed it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#14 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

Haha, I love it... I watched 74 minutes of video and have to wait an hour before I can see the last 12 minutes. *sigh*

It's a pretty good movie. For just watching pictures, anyway. I wish I understood more Japanese than just dattebayo. lol

#15 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

It was the best movie that Naruto has had in a long long time really long time. Plus their wear a lot of NaruSaku moments xd. Which I liked.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 29 April 2009 - 04:32 PM.

#16 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

Subs are out finally!
w00t.gif party.gif th_yeah.gif

Oh yea, was anyone else reminded of the movie Pearl Harbor at the beginning when the skynins are flying toward Konoha? ninja.gif

Edited by Nee-sama, 25 April 2009 - 07:52 PM.

#17 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Apr 25 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Subs are out finally!
w00t.gif party.gif th_yeah.gif

Oh yea, was anyone else reminded of the movie Pearl Harbor at the beginning when the skynins are flying toward Konoha? ninja.gif

YAAA~Y!!! a_spaz.gif You win the internet! *rushes off to watch*
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#18 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

This was better than the last one....but still a piece of you know what.

uc.png

#19 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Apr 25 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was better than the last one....but still a piece of you know what.

It was better than the last one, and although it wasn't as good as the first few movies, it's still good. It's had a good NaruSaku moment and the rest was pretty interesting. It may have not been the best, it was still somewhat good. The only thing i disliked was the ending. this movie was a 7/10 for me.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#20 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

SPOILERS BELOW

More original than the first one, but much more poorly written too. Everything was rushed. I enjoyed Sai's battle. Shino's abilities make him a very useful shinobi, as I've been noticing in part 2. And even though Kakashi has said he is, he has yet to demonstrate being as smart as Shikamaru is. I know that doesn't pertain particularly to the movie, but just his needless presence in the movie other than as a staple character, pointed out to me.
Super Spoiler --Click here to view--
Couldn't Naruto have been on the boat, used a clone to pull the lever and used clones to destroy the ship as he did anyway? I guess they just wanted that... warm moment with him and Amaru at the end.

Narusaku for the win. And I didn't understand the moment with Hinata and Naruto when she said "Let's do our best..." or whatever and he makes that weird face stating he wonders what she means... Her presence is fan-service may-haps as she also doesn't do much?

Also of note... ero-chouzu. Naruto's line "I feel it... I feel our friendship."... heh heh heh. I don't think that's friendship you're feeling ma boy.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 26 April 2009 - 05:29 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users