Close
Photo

Why The Last / 700 was awful... Gathering info.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

i’m making a huge analysis on The Last / 700. And not from a shipping point of view. Shipping will be in it, only because of facts.

Can somebody help me on this and compile what the word is in Japan as well as facts that dispute the movie /  700? I’ve got a lot down already, but would like to hear yours! :D

I'll link it here when the analysis is done.

Edited by Fenris, 31 December 2014 - 08:38 PM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

There are so many of them. Mine will come very soon. ;)

#3 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

This could help!

A japanese girl told me that when I asked about Junko saying to kishi to shut up; what was people reactions about the movie and the new series, if the rumor about Naruto abusing Hinata is true and if people really muttered under their breaths that they wouldn't watch the movie when Kishi told them to do so. 

"Takeuchi-san did stop him from saying anything further & digging himself a deeper grave. She's great like that"

" well there's been a lot of resentment about still continuing. The reviews on yahoo say that and people have been tweeting it"

"not that I've heard. I doubt the animation studio would let that happen. They're in love with hinata over there"

"oh, if you mean during jump festa then people around me refused to clap and a general air of "whatever" from some"

Edit: I forgot this one : "it definitely divided the fan base and a lot of people have quit being fans and will not follow the new series."

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#4 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

The fact everyone seems outta character.... that's ONE big tell-tale sign

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

The fact everyone seems outta character.... that's ONE big tell-tale sign

Yup, all of the characters trademarks are gone. There is no shannaro/dattebayo, Naruto's grin is gone even in the shot he puts on his Hokage hat!! He should be smiling from ear to ear!

How about Iruka's comment which hints that Naruto is neglecting his children? Does anyone think Bolt writes "kitten dad" on the monument because of one incident? Because he ditched him once? lol..??

Or what about all the crack pairings? Everyone in Konoha is paired off with eachother, can't stop laughing at that. Even Kiba got the cat lady who appeared once.

The worst thing tho is we didn't see ANYONE achieve their dreams. We see Naruto a page of Naruto as Hokage, but that isn't enough.  Tenten wanted to become a legendary ninja, but Kishi trapped her as an unsuccessful store owner. Sasuke wanted to change the world, but he is either stuck in a domestic life with Sakura, or leaving her to be a single mother. IDK what's worse. Naruto wanted to confess to Sakura, Sakura was given no dreams besides getting hands on Sasuke. But we should've still been shown her achievement as a legendary medic kunoichi. "Welcome home, Salad", just doesn't cut it as my goodbye to my favourite character.

Speaking of the salad, can you talk about the kiddos names? roflmao.gifThey aren't even Japanese, they sound American and the Last will air sooner in the states than any other Naruto movie. They want to milk of the west, but apparently they don't know we're a bunch of pirates. x) The focus of 700 is the next generation, so it isn't an epilogue. It's a prologue for all the up-coming milk.

ナルサク

#6 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

Yup, all of the characters trademarks are gone. There is no shannaro/dattebayo, Naruto's grin is gone even in the shot he puts on his Hokage hat!! He should be smiling from ear to ear!

How about Iruka's comment which hints that Naruto is neglecting his children? Does anyone think Bolt writes "sh*tty dad" on the monument because of one incident? Because he ditched him once? lol..??

Or what about all the crack pairings? Everyone in Konoha is paired off with eachother, can't stop laughing at that. Even Kiba got the cat lady who appeared once.

The worst thing tho is we didn't see ANYONE achieve their dreams. We see Naruto a page of Naruto as Hokage, but that isn't enough.  Tenten wanted to become a legendary ninja, but Kishi trapped her as an unsuccessful store owner. Sasuke wanted to change the world, but he is either stuck in a domestic life with Sakura, or leaving her to be a single mother. IDK what's worse. Naruto wanted to confess to Sakura, Sakura was given no dreams besides getting hands on Sasuke. But we should've still been shown her achievement as a legendary medic kunoichi. "Welcome home, Salad", just doesn't cut it as my goodbye to my favourite character.

Speaking of the salad, can you talk about the kiddos names? roflmao.gifThey aren't even Japanese, they sound American and the Last will air sooner in the states than any other Naruto movie. They want to milk of the west, but apparently they don't know we're a bunch of pirates. x) The focus of 700 is the next generation, so it isn't an epilogue. It's a prologue for all the up-coming milk.

Some of the names are off for sure, considering Bolt/Boruto sounds like a reference to Neji and such, while Salad/Sarada is very off as well. All in all, I hate how it also destroyed Naruto's character most of all. Really, it sucks how he's a crap dad, and how Hinata doesn't also seem to be aware of how Bolt is suffering because of Naruto's negligence, which is I think part of him coming out of the Genjutsu that guilted him into loved Hinata in the first place... X-P 

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

Some of the names are off for sure, considering Bolt/Boruto sounds like a reference to Neji and such, while Salad/Sarada is very off as well. All in all, I hate how it also destroyed Naruto's character most of all. Really, it sucks how he's a crap dad, and how Hinata doesn't also seem to be aware of how Bolt is suffering because of Naruto's negligence, which is I think part of him coming out of the Genjutsu that guilted him into loved Hinata in the first place... X-P 

Naruto fell in love with Hinata's love for him, not their very few moments together. That's kittened up. ntm Hinata's personality change and how there is no trace of her self esteem issues(which she still had even after 630 something) in the Last. I really wanted to give her a chance, but that was an off-screen transition, not character development.

ナルサク

#8 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

Naruto fell in love with Hinata's love for him, not their very few moments together. That's f**cked up. ntm Hinata's personality change and how there is no trace of her self esteem issues(which she still had even after 630 something) in the Last. I really wanted to give her a chance, but that was an off-screen transition, not character development.

That's why I'm upset about it, since at LEAST with Sakura, it was real development with her falling fro Naruto, even if she wasn't fully aware of the fact at the time she had shown attraction to Naruto, and it became more evident after the battle he had with Sasuke as well as when he returned in Shippuden, given she was bothered by how far he went for her before she asked Tsunade to train her, and hence why she didn't want Naruto to keep the promise if she knew he was gonna get himself killed to keep it.

#9 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:41 PM

Everyone was paired off at the end even with slightly random people for the sake of more kids for the next generation.
Naruto ignoring his future wife for a girl he didn't really love.
Sakura still being in love with Sasuke.
Naruto never resolving his feelings for Sakura.
Random bishie villain Toneri used as plot device for NH romance.

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:59 AM

Even if NS become canon, sakura will still become housewife.
That's how kishi written his female characters.

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:00 AM

I so want to buy them out.

#12 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:16 AM

How about that Kishimoto needed to kill off Neji in order to make NH happen? Rather than developing his (supposed) real pairing, he spent all his time on the red-herring  :zaru:

A lot can really be said about how the characters were turned into something else just for the sake of NH/SS to happen. So many characters were ruined for two pairings to produce offspring to continue the series.

#13 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,049 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

One thing Sakura became a housewife. Naruto is a kitten dad. Hinata is still a dumbass in distress. Sasuke is still alive. And instead of a badass villain, we got one of the lamest stupidest villain since the bad guy on the King and I animated movie.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#14 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:02 AM

Great idea Fenris. Now I can't comment in detail about 'The Last' because I have not seen it... but I did comment on why 700 is a total mess and not just from a shipping pov.

Link to that post

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#15 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

Sadly, I have to agree with this assessment.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#16 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

Sigh, a lose-lose situation.
Canon NaruSaku= Housewife Sakura
Canon naruHina= Housewife Sakura

Sigh...

Edited by Jinja14, 01 January 2015 - 11:16 AM.

Rest in peace Satoru Iwata

tumblr_n9e34d39XJ1r1shyro1_250.gif   

Take a melody, simple as can be. Give it some words and, sweet harmony.

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

Sigh, a lose-lose situation.
Canon NaruSaku= Housewife Sakura
Canon naruHina= Housewife Sakura

Sigh...

Well at least NS is consistent with the narrative of the story.

#18 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

bolt's name is a reference to the thunder god jutsu is grandfather used...

I feel bad for poor naruto...
He got white eyed in laws with sticks up their asses.
6r1oag.jpg

#19 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

being a housewife is not necessarily a bad thing. I dont complain about hinata being a housewife, because she was the homely girl in the series, and she had no real ambitions.. kurenai had also been disenchanted by the fighting.

but sakura was ambitious. She wanted to stand with her (quite OP) teammates, and worked hard on her medical skills. Making her a housewife is wrong. And I dont believe she would've been a housewife if NS hsppened. Because Naruto, unlike sasuke, will help her raise his spawn.
6r1oag.jpg

#20 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

Why the last and chapter 699/700 was awful?

Simple, because it was an Hinata fanboy dreamworld. It took a character we rarely see in the manga, and turned her into a deity.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users