134 replies to this topic

#121 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:53 PM

I hear Thor: Ragnarok will be a key movie in Phase 3.

Yeah, I heard it said that Hulk's appearance in it is going to be an obvious Planet Hulk reference, Mjolnir somehow gets destroyed, and a sorceress (forget the character's name, and a main antagonist) is supposedly going to be used in place of Death or something.

2e5.gif

#122 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

thor feels like the weak line in the avengers as far as solo titles go. hopefully this one will be good, because dark world was boring as hell. and no natalie portman please. she's hot as hell, but she's not needed. thor has lady sif or even enchantress!

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#123 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

thor feels like the weak line in the avengers as far as solo titles go. hopefully this one will be good, because dark world was boring as hell. and no natalie portman please. she's hot as hell, but she's not needed. thor has lady sif or even enchantress!

One thing we can say about Marvel, is that so far 90% of their romantic subplots are absolutely awkward and unecessary. The only one that has descent chemestry is Tony and Pepper. There was Steve and Peggy too, but that one ended in tragedy.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#124 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

Quote: "Tessa Thompson (Creed) has entered the Marvel Universe. The young actress first will star opposite Natalie Portman in Alex Garland’s Annihilation then segue to the third installment of the Thor franchise as Chris Hemsworth’s love interest. That film is expected to start production at the end of July.

Sources tell Deadline that Thompson’s character in Thor: Ragnarok will be a kind of superhero and will appear in other Marvel films as well. Thompson is a regular opposite Anthony Hopkins on HBO’s drama series Westworld, which resumed production this week."

"Details for Thompson’s part have not been revealed, but she could be the female lead as Natalie Portman, who was the female lead as Dr. Jane Foster in the previous two Thor installments, is not returning."

Also:

"What's going to happen with you and your character Sif in the next "Thor" film? We've been teasing out a lot of your character's origins, but we've never seen it. Are we going to explore this? And how deep are we going to go ?

Marvel, I think on purpose, they don’t tell me certain things. Because they know I’ll be like, "So here's what's gonna happen." But I do know I will be in "Thor 3" and that Sif will have a very pivotal part in that movie. I just can’t tell you what because I’ll get shot." From Jaimie Alexander herself.

Edited by Nostradamus, 11 May 2016 - 06:34 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#125 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:39 PM

One thing we can say about Marvel, is that so far 90% of their romantic subplots are absolutely awkward and unecessary. The only one that has descent chemestry is Tony and Pepper. There was Steve and Peggy too, but that one ended in tragedy.

steve only kissed her because she has peggy in her lol. if they would have slowly continued the development from the winter solider, steve and nat would feel 100% authentic.

tumblr_o6z2ecujUO1ta8fdzo8_250.gif

that's love and you can't tell me otherwise lol.

tumblr_o6y76bdh3r1rhtaw5o1_500.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#126 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:47 PM

steve only kissed her because she has peggy in her lol. if they would have slowly continued the development from the winter solider, steve and nat would feel 100% authentic.

tumblr_o6z2ecujUO1ta8fdzo8_250.gif

that's love and you can't tell me otherwise lol.

tumblr_o6y76bdh3r1rhtaw5o1_500.gif

I'm glad a lot of people are at least calling out on the Sharon romance. Most complaints is that the romance felt forced, rushed and utterly inconsiderate, considered how their relationship becomes "romantic" in less then a week after Peggy died. God I'm so bitter. This movie could be a flawless 100% rating, but that romanced realed spoiled some of it.

And not just because I ship Steve x Natasha, but also because this is absurd from a writing standpoint. Considering the context of the MCU, this romance has no reason to exist. it's not well developed at all.

#127 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:30 PM

I'm glad a lot of people are at least calling out on the Sharon romance. Most complaints is that the romance felt forced, rushed and utterly inconsiderate, considered how their relationship becomes "romantic" in less then a week after Peggy died. God I'm so bitter. This movie could be a flawless 100% rating, but that romanced realed spoiled some of it.

And not just because I ship Steve x Natasha, but also because this is absurd from a writing standpoint. Considering the context of the MCU, this romance has no reason to exist. it's not well developed at all.

peggy's corpse probably wasn't even cold when they started sucking each other's lips. it's worse than nat/bruce in aou.  :sick:

i actually like where steve/nat relationship stands. it's not romantic and it doesn't need to be. i knew they would have that intimate relationship the moment they teamed up in avengers 1. they just threw in steve/sharon because of the comics. just because it's from the source material doesn't mean you can just throw it in there without a proper build. peggy would be rolling over in her grave.

Edited by luffyq1, 11 May 2016 - 11:35 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#128 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:19 AM

peggy's corpse probably wasn't even cold when they started sucking each other's lips. it's worse than nat/bruce in aou.  :sick:

i actually like where steve/nat relationship stands. it's not romantic and it doesn't need to be. i knew they would have that intimate relationship the moment they teamed up in avengers 1. they just threw in steve/sharon because of the comics. just because it's from the source material doesn't mean you can just throw it in there without a proper build. peggy would be rolling over in her grave.

No kidding. I actually understand what you mean. It's nice to see the movies breaking up the norm and not making Steve and Natasha romantic just because they are protagonists of opposite gender working together. It's quite the refreshing change of pace.

But at the same time, when you compare Natasha and Sharon - two valid romantic interests for Steve - they go with worst possible choice. It's like if Steve becomes a millionaire, and goes to a car shop with enough money to buy whatever he wants. And then he chooses a beaten down old vw beetle while completely overlooking a brand new ferrari. It's mind boggling!

#129 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

Well, if you go by what Civil War said, Steve and Sharon's relationship was something that was building since The Winter Soldier (though Steve didn't know Sharon was related to Peggy at all), but yeah, it didn't really SHOW as much as simply tell.

2e5.gif

#130 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

The only legitimate romantic build up imo is sw x vision.

#131 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:04 PM

Since we're sort of on the topic of romance, I have to say it felt very out of left field for me that suddenly Tony and Pepper were "on a break."

I mean the ending of "Iron Man 3" made it seem like their relationship was secure and "Avengers: Age of Ultron" went out of its way to explain why she wasn't there, but also noted that the two were still together.

But now in a "Captain America" movie they just have a couple lines describing that the two are split now? I don't mind having this be a development with Tony, but I feel like it's something that should be addressed in an "Iron Man 4."

I get that it can be related to issues with Gwyneth Paltrow, but I feel it could have been handled better.  

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#132 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, it sounds similar to what Bruce and Rachel were like in The Dark Knight, where Rachel explained in her letter on how while she was willing to wait for the day the world no longer needed Batman so she and Bruce could be together, she realized that there probably wouldn't be a day when Bruce himself wouldn't need Batman and that's what made her decide to marry Harvey Dent.

Basically, Iron Man 3 made it look like Tony was going to give up being Iron Man (given him finally getting the shrapnel out of his heart and throwing away his arc reactor piece) and simply be the advisor, Tony Stark, from then on (more like the role he initially seemed to have at the start of Civil War), but obviously quitting the role of Iron Man proved too much.

2e5.gif

#133 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

There was kinda of a hint that they had a thing for each other in Winter Soldier being neighbors. However, I don't deny that he has the most chemistry with BW cause they are just fun and have more screen time. They were the heart of that film.

Its very possible that they intended Sharon to have a larger role in the original story that was not CW (the studio made the concept cause of Batman v Superman) and a proper sequel to WS. I think Sharon's character was more victim of a box office war with DC.

Regarding Sharon and Steve... I actually think they have a more normal chemistry and since I share a lot of similarities in terms of awkwardness with Capain in terms of romance and a lot of these scenes felt like my love story. Therefore, I must say that their romance is far from forced or bad. However, I wished they had more scenes and there is a deleted scene where they were having a coffee date that should have been there.

More importantly, the film was great and entertaining and I can't believe that they managed to give a satisfying role to all of them in a film that could have been easily a disaster. Its incredible.

Edited by hinataiscreepy, 16 May 2016 - 10:33 PM.

#134 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:57 AM

I'm pretty sure Civil War (the film anyway) was in the works long before Batman v. Superman. It's more that BvS came about because of the success of The Avengers, and was just taking concepts from highly popular stories in the DC comics of the two characters (The Dark Knight Returns, The Death of Superman, and so on) and mushed them together in hopes it would somehow equal greater popularity only to highly overestimate themselves and underestimate their audience. DC learned the hard way that you can't just slap popular names onto things and use popular story elements and think that's all it takes to make a good comic book movie. You have to actually show you care about the story and characters as well and carefully piece everything together so it fits consistently..

So many people were initially quite unsure on how Captain America: Civil War would work when the initial Phase 3 lineup was revealed barely a year prior, largely because they just assumed it was going to try to play like the comic version of the story, but with far less characters, and then they became even more unsure as details began revealing how the story was more on Steve, Tony, and Bucky more so than the MCU turning on itself. Heck, a lot of comments I saw were instantly deeming the film a failure based solely on learning about that concept alone. It didn't help that people took the jokes about Civil War, through images and commercials, being "Avengers 2.5" so seriously either and not looking at it as a "Captain America" film (which helps make the concept make much more sense)..

2e5.gif

#135 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:56 PM

Wow, this movie was just awesome. The reviews weren't lying. I loved Spider-Man and Black Panther, but the funniest fighter for me in the airport battle was Ant-Man XD

In a way, I wonder how this movie would have been rated if someone had died in the Steve/Bucky vs Tony battle (which was already an emotional scene). I feel like they were being on the "safe" side by not having let anyone die. Yes, nothing will ever be the same again, but... they will eventually form a partnership again in the future for the sake of Infinite War 1 and 2. The letter is already a hint towards that. Ideally, it would have been best if Bucky had just been killed of by Tony. Killing Steve or Tony, two pivotal characters in the Avengers series, during an ongoing franchise is incomprehensible. But Bucky? The dude is just hibernating now, waiting for someone to develop a remedy.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users