12811 replies to this topic

#9561 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:03 PM

Why is everyone so upset at gaara getting married. Doesn't he deserve happiness as well?

#9562 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:05 PM

Why is everyone so upset at gaara getting married. Doesn't he deserve happiness as well?

I'm not upset. Just the story behind it is meh. But whatever, it is the first novel with some progress. Granted, we won't see her like ever but still.

#9563 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:05 PM

If he does the same or similar thing to NH fandom. It's more likely he was forced to go with the pairing. Even if Kishi patches things in the end, he's going to leave a sour socks in both the fandoms' mouths and most will no longer take him serious.

No way. The majority of the NH/SS fandom will still praise him and accept everything he did, even if it makes the pairings look like kitten. They still like the canon versions of the couples, after everything; if everything is patched up at the end they'll readily accept everything beforehand.

gaara and waifu

is this for real..... wtf. I (perhaps naively) thought Gaara was gonna be spared from this. We never saw him with a girl after all... She looks scared. Blonde Hinata much? Makes sense though... Gaara said he wanted to be like Naruto. Figured he better get a wifey, one like the hyuuga princess.

She is pretty though, however I feel like her design is sort of unlike the others in the Naruto world. Seems a bit Native American-y to me.

You don't have to get married to be happy.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#9564 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:14 PM

Not in his character dude , since when Gaara is about romance and marriage !? Literature 101 "Characterization" You just don't pull it out of your ars if it wasn't ever there :zaru: . Its basically like Sasuke ending up with Sakura his character never revolved around romance or any of that crap . And really getting married doesn't mean "happiness" not everyone is cut out for that and well this character are one of those , but that's why you have this ending with this paring orgy fest  bc of things like this  :roll:

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#9565 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

I don't know. Maybe because this story wasn't a romance story and his character wasn't about romantic love.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#9566 Apollo

Apollo

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:24 PM

He had to get married. Since he couldn't marry Naruto he choose the next best thing mainly naruto's stalker look-a-like

:hm:

#9567 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

I guess its some kind of chain effect. You know because of the ending everything looks bad after it. If NS is the end game i believe everything is good, but because NH and SS is the end game so the other follower pairing like chouji x karui, ino x sai, and now gaara looks bad. But if NS end game then those couple will not looks so bad.

Its like when you get sick no matter how delicious and what food you eat it will TASTE bad. Because you sick and your tongue lose 75% of its capability to taste normal food.

So SS and NH cannon that makes whatever pairing or couple following them looks bad. No matter who is it.

Edited by Yyubie, 13 June 2015 - 10:36 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#9568 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:27 PM

When referring to another person's husband, this term is often suffixed with 様 (​sama) as 旦那様 (danna-sama)... — Wikitionary

O.O ...... ..... ... .

Yeah just as I said. Weird right ?

gaara and waifu

Is this for real ? Looks like a fan art to me.
That girl is a copy cat of Hinata... ugh

Edited by Otaru, 13 June 2015 - 11:37 PM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#9569 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:39 PM

wow that was annoying catching up to tons of pages arguing over something i didn't care about. all to lead up to gaara's new fugly wife. and his eyesore design. wow that looks awkward.

#9570 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

gaara and waifu

That looks like a forced marriage right there. The girl looks so uncomfortable, while Gaara shows no happiness. He doesn't need to grin, but a half smile would at least do.

(actually looking at it, I think this is how SS will end. With a forced family photo just to prove they're legit.)

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#9571 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:42 PM

That looks like a forced marriage right there. The girl looks so uncomfortable, while Gaara shows no happiness. He doesn't need to grin, but a half smile would at least do.

(actually looking at it, I think this is how SS will end. With a forced family photo just to prove they're legit.)

I would give Kishi credit if he were to have them take a picture when they're beat up from battle.

#9572 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

I guess its some kind of chain effect. You know because of the ending everything looks bad after it. If NS is the end game i believe everything is good, but because NH and SS is the end game so the other follower pairing like chouji x karui, ino x sai, and now gaara looks bad. But if NS end game then those couple will not looks so bad.

Its like when you get sick no matter how delicious and what food you eat it will TASTE bad. Because you sick and your tongue lose 75% of its capability to taste normal food.

So SS and NH cannon that makes whatever pairing or couple following them looks bad. No matter who is it.

Uhmm not totally dear..
this manga didnt turn sour just because NS didn't happened but it was the way they wrapped up things in the end that disregard the entirety of what the story is telling us. Leaving people feel lost and abandoned as this was not were the themes and buildup is showing us.

Take nh for example. I wouldnt really mind it to be the end game as i did liked them before but in the entirety of the manga, did they give us reasons to support it? No right? Aside from lack of development, does it go with the flow of the themes of the story?? What happened to Jiraiya's suppose to be impactful death to Naruto? Minato and Kushina's words? Sakura's feelings? So there what leaves this story so bad is lazy writing. It didnt make sense.

Another is Ino and Sai. Now i dont really have much attachment to them but i still see something very wrong with it but its NOT because NS didnt happen. NS has nothing to do with it. What bothers me about this pair was Ino's character. She was described to have this warped desire to get it on with a handsome guy and dislike being fat. This belief of hers is mostly percieve to be wrong thru Shikamaru and Chouji's conversation that girls with a bit fat is nicer. But what do we get in the end? She goes for a guy that looks like her rival's husbando.

Just look at chouchou i think she is suppose to emulate Ino vibes...fails tho. Not that i have enough care about inoxchouji pair but yeah i hope you get the gist of it.

Everything is morally wrong in this manga. That i just need to question the state of morality or humanity of the people involved in this series. It isn't just about your ship sinking. What happened to the only one pair will get together in the end?

But you do have a point there. Since nh and ss is so wrong in all levels everything else that follows looks so wrong as well.

#9573 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:00 AM

Uhmm not totally dear..
this manga didnt turn sour just because NS didn't happened but it was the way they wrapped up things in the end that disregard the entirety of what the story is telling us. Leaving people feel lost and abandoned as this was not were the themes and buildup is showing us.

Take nh for example. I wouldnt really mind it to be the end game as i did liked them before but in the entirety of the manga, did they give us reasons to support it? No right? Aside from lack of development, does it go with the flow of the themes of the story?? What happened to Jiraiya's suppose to be impactful death to Naruto? Minato and Kushina's words? Sakura's feelings? So there what leaves this story so bad is lazy writing. It didnt make sense.

Another is Ino and Sai. Now i dont really have much attachment to them but i still see something very wrong with it but its NOT because NS didnt happen. NS has nothing to do with it. What bothers me about this pair was Ino's character. She was described to have this warped desire to get it on with a handsome guy and dislike being fat. This belief of hers is mostly percieve to be wrong thru Shikamaru and Chouji's conversation that girls with a bit fat is nicer. But what do we get in the end? She goes for a guy that looks like her rival's husbando.

Just look at chouchou i think she is suppose to emulate Ino vibes...fails tho. Not that i have enough care about inoxchouji pair but yeah i hope you get the gist of it.

Everything is morally wrong in this manga. That i just need to question the state of morality or humanity of the people involved in this series. It isn't just about your ship sinking. What happened to the only one pair will get together in the end?

But you do have a point there. Since nh and ss is so wrong in all levels everything else that follows looks so wrong as well.

thats exactly what i say to some NH fans but they just respond with "LOL NOPE U SALTY"

its hypocritical. they say we don't like the ending because of the pairings, yet they do because of the pairings XD

Edited by Catra, 14 June 2015 - 12:00 AM.

#9574 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:37 AM

http://i.imgur.com/fFGIJhx.jpg

False alarm on the wife pic guys. It's just really good fanart.

#9575 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:41 AM

http://i.imgur.com/fFGIJhx.jpg

False alarm on the wife pic guys. It's just really good fanart.

I had a feeling it might have been.

#9576 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:45 AM

This is a post by someone from another forum that I go to and I don't even think they supports NS but they love Sakura and dropped the series all together:

I agree. As one of the three main characters, Sakura truly got the bad end of the stick. Her character development is minimal and she perhaps even regresses as a character. She started off strong in Shippuuden, but Kishimoto continues how she carried her self in pre-Shippuuden era. The only thing that concerns Sakura's character is Sasuke which is sad. Despite being one of the three main characters, Sakura was never shown to succeed her predecessor mean while Sasuke and Naruto did it quickly. If things were right, it should be Naruto and Sakura being together... Anyways I agree why the hell is Sakura stuck being a housewife? Disgusting.

Also about Hinata, her character was literally built around Naruto. She had some stuff going for her during the Chuunin exams, but Kishimoto veered her character to only being about Naruto which is REALLY SAD. And yes Naruto never noticed her really.

And about Fairy Tail, I agree all characters for the most part get character development. One character which I find annoying though is Juvia, because all she is about is Grey. But overall Fairy Tail handles their female characters better than Naruto does.

#9577 Shashank95

Shashank95

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing and reading. Love playing sports, especially Basketball, futbol and Table Tennis.

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:49 AM

Why did Gaara get that freaky Hitler hairstyle ??

tumblr_inline_okp5x4EZXE1u7313d_540.png

#9578 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:52 AM

I had a feeling it might have been.

Yeah, she was a little too mousey looking. Although she looked like Hinata with her submissive pose and dead eyes and all....  :lulz:

#9579 Shashank95

Shashank95

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing and reading. Love playing sports, especially Basketball, futbol and Table Tennis.

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:53 AM

Yeah, she was a little too mousey looking. Although she looked like Hinata with her submissive pose and dead eyes and all....  :lulz:

What is with Kishi's obsession with those types of girls ??

#9580 Shashank95

Shashank95

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:56 AM

11407036_787592134692334_622603988237443

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)