#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:27 PM

http://readms.com/r/...de Story/3368/1
Oneshot is out but unfortunately only the RAW is out.  Will post translations if they become available

EDIT: English version just came out on mangastream

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 21 April 2016 - 08:18 PM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:06 AM

Ok. Doing the review i promised. Title page is nice. It has orochimaru and mitsuki surrounded by snakes. With the phrase geing about how he follows orochimaru path. I haven't read anyone else thoughts on it yet.

50 pages!? How much of that is just fan art?!

So the story starts in orochimaru base with him giving his son some medicine while suigetsu watches. orochimaru mention that this is the sixth time. Mitsuki can't remember? So Suigetsu tell him he was on a mission with orochimaru got wounded and was brought back to the base. Orochimaru has a bigger lab then i remember from the gaiden. Suigetsu attack him to test out his skills he can do the limb stretching. Oh he had his memories erased. They have holograms now!?! He lost against a person who can steal memories called "Log". Orocvchimaru so far is a better parent then either Naruto and Sasuke he even is concerned and takes pride in his brat. Hell the fact that he pay attention to him already makes him better then those two. Is orochimaru possessing a young woman cause his face is much more feminine then in Naruto even later chapters? Oh Mitsuki can use the power of the sage. Toneri is log... "wait he was created long before you?" Oh he not toneri he an older version of mitsuki. They are synthetic human and i guess mitsuki is the sixth one. They shock him making try choose between one or the other and then he activates his sage mode. Oh it was all an act apparently to make it activate. Wait is mitsuki the sixth child or is this the sixth attempt and doing this little show? Oh he wants mitsuki to find his "sun" in Bolt.

It wasn't bad but i can't tell if that was toneri or just another one of orochimaru creations. And it really setting him up to go on a mission to become friends with bolt!?

So his plot in bolt will revolve around getting close to Bolt? So he can become orochimaru perfect creation? I'm guessing? So this is this is basically just to set up the SNS clone MitsukixBoruto....Literally this one shot is just to set up BM just like the chibi stuff is setting up BS. So basically, they are doing clones of both NS and SNS parings to try and keep this series afloat. OK.

#3 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:35 AM

Just one big Orochimaru fanfic. I kept thinking was this is all justification for Sarada being cooked up in a lab.

I forget, was Kishimoto the primary illustrator or was there another artist involved? 

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:53 AM

Kishi worked on this. Is Mitsuki the sixth clone or did they do that set up six times, cause that still confusing me?

#5 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:29 AM

Kishi worked on this. Is Mitsuki the sixth clone or did they do that set up six times, cause that still confusing me?

I dont know, it was pretty vague. Though since there is a confirmed second "Mitsuki" I think it was a sixth clone

Also, why are we posting in the Boruto manga thread rather than this one?

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 22 April 2016 - 03:30 AM.

#6 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:13 AM

Am I the only one concerned here about Suigetsu being completely ruined? :hm:

He was this awesome shounen hero with dreams and ambitions, a joker that Akatsuki acknowledged to be a warrior to be feared. He was on a quest to collect all the legendary seven swords, restore an organization of warriors, become it's leader and the best swordsman of the world. He was noble and a good friend.

Then Kishi took him, threw him into the sidelines, turned him into a coward that was made look like a chump. He made him abandon all of his dreams, become the lackey of the freak that conducted horrible experiments on him after abducting him. So literally gave him stockholm syndrome!

In this chapter and the Gaiden was the lowest depths of how far kishi can make a character fall.

Let this sink in for a moment.

This literally happened to your "my" favorite character/hero since you first met him like 12 years ago.

This is how "pardon my french" kittened up the editors of shounen jump are, to allow such crap go published and okay. On a kittening SHOUNEN magazine!

#7 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:21 AM

@suigetsu
He's not a shonen hero, he's more anti hero.
He's a side character who's not anybody favorite, so it's unfortunately he will get sideline.
But yeah kishi doesn't utilize his potential as character since he's a bad writer. I mean we know almost nothing about the main character own clan.

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:08 AM

My Thoughts on Naruto Side-Story Mitsuki One-Shot Chapter:

I can't say it helped to get all that excited for the new generation or anything to look forward. It is what it is and I feel like it may end up being an unintentional sabotage to the next generation series thats not done by Kishimoto.

The story is all focused on Mitsuki and somehow lost his memory, now to get it back from "Log", a ninja that has a Samurai build that can steal memories. It strangely have a odd pacing and I can say this because its a one-shot, meaning one story. By the time it got to the Log it was eating up pages rather quickly and feel like we gain so little from it. And it's not as rewarding since the art, while good, is just art, more so than a meaningful description or at least something to be impressed like One Punch Man.

In a debatable way, to me, I just can't shake the idea that Orochimaru is a good guy. This isn't about him being a good guy, but its about him being a good guy in a timeline. So when I say debatable, I mean by if you can take it in that Orochimaru is being a parent. So if you go by not accepting it because of timeline, being a villain that killed for his need and such, then this chapter is going to make you shake your head a lot. Otherwise, it was rather shaky. In the movie/novel, it was stated that Mitsuki sees Orochimaru as a great parent. So why did this chapter end on a confusing note that has him saying "Screw you all!?"

The controversial is the fact Mitsuki is in fact created and that begs the question, why? Why I have to ask why? Because heres the thing. He created a being as a good guy, shouldnt Yamato call him out for something to Hokage? Also, how is this acceptable? Thats playing God, shouldnt we be like "Oh kitten! This guy is doing something taboo! Stop him!" but its all "Yeah, thats cool." So whats going on?

The confirmation of Kishimotos fetish being over the top overtone (redundant but so what) bromance is present here. One would argue that it wasn't Kishi's fault. Now, it's clear. Like Mashima with fan service, Kishi has a thing for not yaoi manga. I'm not against it but the overtone nature is discouraging because in his work, it often comes out forced and destructive. Of course, fans may eat it up but this one was really forced. Boruto, out of all people, is what grasp Mitsuki. Why Boruto? What did he do at that time? Why do we even need that moment? You mean to tell me you can't have the second main character being not Sasuke? This one was really forced and that did bother me. It's most likely a way to give fan girls something to drool over, which is easy since Naruto is like that.

So in the end, it is what it is. Mitsuki is ok, sage power and all that, even though its up to the writer to utilize it well, but if obsess like the predecessor, hes doomed, though Kishimoto isnt writing the sequel, so who knows. I think the main problem is that many of these characters story are dealt with already and many of them are associated with parent dilemma. But what about themselves? The answer: what about them. I know the characters can be done within the storytelling as in progressing their character as the story goes on, but many of them seem redundant of their predecessors, only without real conflict.

This is challenging for the next series, so I dont know if I can count on the guys behind the next work. I guess the first chapter is all I can give and the art is going to be hard to ache but perhaps the story is written better.

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

I'm not even sure if kishi has that fetish as much as it is. "One of our big selling pairings was SNS. We already got the NS clone with BS in hopes of milking that. So we need SNS now. Ok since we already have the other male and people are probably already fantasizing about two eleven year old boys have sex. Let just remove all the complication and just make the boy purpose in the story to get close and bond with Bolt. So we can give those people something to fantasize about so they will then by bolt for even more material."

Orochimaru is what most people (used to) think of when they hear the words "Naruto Villain" yet he is a better parent then either Naruto or Sasuke.

The story was fine until they got into those plot twists to the point you can't figure what going on.

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:02 AM

Well, if we see it in the next series, that can't be denied. Mangaka does have fetish on something. Granted, I used fetish loosely but basically what I'm trying to say is that they have something that they always love to implement. Like Michael Bay, it's not a stretch nor joke that he has explosions like tons of them and a thing for hot yet single dimensional heroine. Or how Steven Spielberg has spotlight galore at times. Everyone has it.

So with Kishimoto, it's not really hard to believe that he has this overtone bromance that still not yaoi but sure close to home run. Mashima has fan service and I know some would say his work is being forced to add them but looking at his Twitter account, he does seem to love fan service. For crying out loud, he bought that Dead or Alive Volleyball game. So yeah, I can buy that Kishi has a thing for it or maybe, don't realize it.

#11 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

What a lame way of trying to set up up the next generation of Naruto/Sasuke bond. This manga is getting more and more BS, since it ended, a crappy method of a mangaka, Publication and Anime studio to milk something that should have died years ago.

I don't know if we were supposed to feel any sort of sympathy for this freak of nature or anything, or try to see Orichimaru as a better person but in reality it just pissed me off more.

iAnby7W.gif

#12 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:14 AM

I'm not gonna bother reading the one shot, but from what I've seen and heard, it sounds like another rehashed plot of Naruto and its themes and nothing else.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#13 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

Am I the only one concerned here about Suigetsu being completely ruined? :hm:

He was this awesome shounen hero with dreams and ambitions, a joker that Akatsuki acknowledged to be a warrior to be feared. He was on a quest to collect all the legendary seven swords, restore an organization of warriors, become it's leader and the best swordsman of the world. He was noble and a good friend.

Then Kishi took him, threw him into the sidelines, turned him into a coward that was made look like a chump. He made him abandon all of his dreams, become the lackey of the freak that conducted horrible experiments on him after abducting him. So literally gave him stockholm syndrome!

In this chapter and the Gaiden was the lowest depths of how far kishi can make a character fall.

Let this sink in for a moment.

This literally happened to your "my" favorite character/hero since you first met him like 12 years ago.

This is how "pardon my french" kittened up the editors of shounen jump are, to allow such crap go published and okay. On a kittening SHOUNEN magazine!

Not to be rude here but Team Taka in general aren't very popular in JP and world wide. Kishi's editor was the one who created Taka in the first place because they couldn't leave Sasuke solo on his mission. That should tell you enough that there characters were not going to be important in the manga. Kishi also never "created" Taka so that should also tell you that he was never serious with Taka.

An unpopular group with creators who also didn't care for them either/ were only introduced for Sasuke's plot: of course they will get the short end of the stick.

The one thing most complained about was that they could have had potential to be well liked. But like everything else, people prefer the old vs. new. Sai and Yamato was hated and became unpopular for the same reasons as Taka: they replaced Team 7. Maybe if people were more open minded with potential outside of Team 7, Taka would probably had a bigger plot?

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#14 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

People were blinded by the Team 7 nostalgia. This is why they hated even poor, gentle Juugo, whose backstory was just like Naruto's and Gaara's (except he dealt with his situation in a surprisingly mature way).

Edited by Skarrow, 22 April 2016 - 12:18 PM.

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:44 PM

I'm not gonna bother reading the one shot, but from what I've seen and heard, it sounds like another rehashed plot of Naruto and its themes and nothing else.

People have argued if this is like chapter 1 of the series.

#16 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:59 PM

People were blinded by the Team 7 nostalgia. This is why they hated even poor, gentle Juugo, whose backstory was just like Naruto's and Gaara's (except he dealt with his situation in a surprisingly mature way).

That was what disappointed me when it came to Yamato and Sai being unpopular. I see Team Yamato and even the New Gen team being much more likable than Team 7. But for some reason nostalgia seems to be screwed tight in other heads.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#17 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:09 PM

That was what disappointed me when it came to Yamato and Sai being unpopular. I see Team Yamato and even the New Gen team being much more likable than Team 7. But for some reason nostalgia seems to be screwed tight in other heads.

First impression is everything to casual audience. Imagine if it's like that for all series where the mangaka decide to change route, back to the original format just because people didn't accept it. I mean I can see why they would but Kishi only start and never go to phase two. He gives up in introductory phase. Basically, Kishi fell for "I don't want change! I don't want change! Everything has to stay the same!!!"

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 22 April 2016 - 01:11 PM.

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

I feel like one of the faults is that we didn't really get much of him but more of what he is. Like do we know how he is as a character? All we got is him being aligned with Boruto because...he is. The metaphor is a redundant use, so it didn't feel anything special, rather forced.

#19 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:06 PM

So what about the other four "Mitsuki"? Are they still alive or were the killed by Orochimaru for their failure

#20 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

So what about the other four "Mitsuki"? Are they still alive or were the killed by Orochimaru for their failure

I don't know if he said it like that. I think it's more of second Mitsuki with mind erased 6 times I think. So I think this one is just the second of its kind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users