• Please log in to reply
31578 replies to this topic

#24081 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

So ikimoto can draw but he just isn't as good as kishi.

That just look wrong not that it's bad it feels out of place for Naruto. They look to real.

#24082 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

@txd and bail
That's not the only reason but that's the big reason. I think if kishi could make sakura strong and not useless her hate would be even by the one who like her combat prowess since she has the capability to do that. But kishi doesn't do that.

She's nowhere near useless. She doesn't have to be at super speed and flying from area to area to be considered useful. Many heroes and heroines in other manga are the same as Sakura, and yet most fans like them.

Also, how Hinata is not useless ? We barely see her in action. Three times she was in action. The first one during chunnin exams using one skill. The second one when she tried to stop Pein using the same skill. The third one when she tried to protect Naruto using also the same skill. Obviously, there's no logic in comparing Sakura and Hinata.

If we're talking about Part 1, she was a trainee who didn't have much combat skills like Naruto and Sasuke. In Part 2, she excelled pretty well. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura had the same path in skills. The three of them were weak, trained and got stronger.

Protagonists of One Piece, H x H, Ao no Exorcist, Black Butler, Noragami, Shingeki no Kyojin, Tokyo Ghoul and the list goes on, are the same as Sakura with their skills.

We can say that there was a time during the War arcs where she got absent, but in terms of skills and relevancy throughout the manga, it's fine in terms of standards.

The obvious two reasons on why she's disliked by some fans is cause of either of those two reasons or both of them :

- Endangering another ship.

- There are those reading a manga for a first time or watching an anime for a first time and don't know about tsundere characters. Alongside the very big possibility on growing the habituation to dislike her even after learning about Tsundere characters.

Even with giving her more action time and relevancy than Naruto, the hatred won't be gone for them with these kind of reasons. Yet, there are many main characters who have bad history of action and relevancy which don't get this kind of treatment.

So ikimoto can draw but he just isn't as good as kishi.

She has a barbie face here.

Edited by T XD, 06 May 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#24083 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

Give her sunglasses and she will be come perfectly Velma clone from Schooby Doo. :lmao:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#24084 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

There a lot of famous manga which their heroines are represented like Sakura and aren't disliked. It seems the problem is that they don't like her then pointed to her body as a "reason ".

The hate that Sakura got isn't just one thing, you can't point to one reason and that's it. It's multiple points combined.

The fact that she threatened the garbage pairing that happened, the fact that she wasn't submissive as the alternative, she didn't have exaggerated features like the alternative, the fact that the anime exaggerated her behavior compared to the manga, the fact that they added filler moments that told a different story from the manga, the fact that the anime team worshiped Hinata and did everything in their power to make her not only look good esthetically but giving her moments to favor her over Sakura, and etc. etc. etc.

I still blame SP for giving people a false perception of things. Because outside of Japan, people watch the anime first and read the manga second, if they even bothered to even read it. And the result of this, well you saw the result.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#24085 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

The hate that Sakura got isn't just one thing, you can't point to one reason and that's it. It's multiple points combined.

The fact that she threatened the garbage pairing that happened, the fact that she wasn't submissive as the alternative, she didn't have exaggerated features like the alternative, the fact that the anime exaggerated her behavior compared to the manga, the fact that they added filler moments that told a different story from the manga, the fact that the anime team worshiped Hinata and did everything in their power to make her not only look good esthetically but giving her moments to favor her over Sakura, and etc. etc. etc.

I still blame SP for giving people a false perception of things. Because outside of Japan, people watch the anime first and read the manga second, if they even bothered to even read it. And the result of this, well you saw the result.

The sad part is...there really is NO REASON why they should hate her at all and any reason they give just makes no sense.

They wanted Sakura to be with Sasuke....they did that...they hate her for it.
They wanted Sakura to push Hinata to Naruto....they did that...they hate her for it.
They didn't want Sakura to get attention...they give it to kakashi instead...they hate her for it.

I mean, really, these fans would have hated Sakura NO MATTER WHAT. Even if they made Sakura do everything they wanted her to do, they still would have hated her. So any hate they have is completely illogical.

It is so illogical, in fact, that you might as well made NS canon because "damn if you do, damned if you don't."

Again, there is NO REASON why Naruto and Sakura should not have been a couple and any reason anyone has for them not being a couple is either a completely biased opinions against Sakura and for Hinata or they are utterly hypocrites about it all.\

Also:
http://goboiano.com/...ll-time-part-1/

Naruto is not even in the top 100 of Japan's favorite anime.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 May 2017 - 10:46 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#24086 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

The sad part is...there really is NO REASON why they should hate her at all and any reason they give just makes no sense.

They wanted Sakura to push Hinata to Naruto....they did that...they hate her for it.
They didn't want Sakura to get attention...they give it to kakashi instead...they hate her for it.

I mean, really, these fans would have hated Sakura NO MATTER WHAT. Even if they made Sakura do everything they wanted her to do, they still would have hate her. So any hate they have is completely illogical.

It is so illogical, in fact, that you might as well made NS canon because "damn if you do, damned if you don't."

Again, there is NO REASON why Naruto and Sakura should not have been a couple and any reason anyone has for them not being a couple is either a completely biased opinions against Sakura and for Hinata or they are utterly hypocrites about it all.\

Also:

There's no doubt the Japanese fans wanted NS and not NH.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24087 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

Not really a surprise. What a semi-decent anime that got popular around the world, then had a kitten ending, and they also tricked them into paying for something that was falsely advertise that was truly for that international fanbase. Whatever love they have for is gone. Some may still like it but that's it.

Naruto was a normal sized fish in a small pond (West).

#24088 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:31 PM

Aside the " reason " of her body, yeah. It all comes down to her endangering their shipping.

Edited by T XD, 06 May 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#24089 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

I mean, really, these fans would have hated Sakura NO MATTER WHAT. Even if they made Sakura do everything they wanted her to do, they still would have hate her. So any hate they have is completely illogical.

Also:

100%. It's like a meme to hate on Sakura in the west. Everywhere she turns and everything she does, she is outright bashed for it. It's just awful.

#24090 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

100%. It's like a meme to hate on Sakura in the west. Everywhere she turns and everything she does, she is outright bashed for it. It's just awful.

Agreed she can't get a break and that's not right or fair they let everyone else in the series go but sakura no matter what can't get anything they have to make her suffer for no reason.

#24091 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

I think the popularity that Naruto has in the West that completely outweigh the one in Japan had something to do with the fact that the west had a more prominent and vocal fanbase.

Naruto garnered the attention of internationally popular stars such as Soulja Boy, who loves Naruto so much that he made an album cover inspired by Kishi's artwork:

qd0F5Ti.jpg

and when he tweeted out:

tumblr_mdk8gmHgf51qeprsoo1_500.png

that gain 30k+ retweets to this day.

EVEN SNOOP DOG POSTED THIS VIDEO as him dressed up in Naruto's clothes and called himself Snoopruto while smoking a blunt LOL...

Chris Brown is known to like anime as well. When making his Black Pyramid album lately, he was inspired by the language, culture and anime from Japan. Like him posing with samurai swords on his back (with people commenting about Naruto references), him painting animeDBZ, Kuroko's Basketball, Megaman, Astroboy, Ninja Scrollsmore DBZ, DBZ ON HIS HOOD BRO CHILL. (There was anther IG post with his BP shirts and Naruto featured on in it & I CANNOT FIND IT asfjrfndizdjkf)

Rap is SO mainstream internationally now that just a shutout from mainstream artist like the ones above me can generate a lot buzz behind them. Hell, even all the 20-something year old dropout douches in my classes have no problem mentioning that they love Naruto, and wear Naruto printed shirts, skateboards, and gear around here. Like do you ever see this with Bleach? One Piece?

And it's just sort of a cool thing to like Naruto and certain other anime here in the states, so it's not a complete surprise to me that Kishi would overlook his fans in Japan to hear out the ones here since Japanese fans aren't too wild about Naruto. It's starting to show with Boruto as well, with him saying that his favorite food is hamburgers, an iconic western food that just screams 'merica.

Didn't Japanese fans say that the western fans ruined the series or something? Cause I don't doubt them at all when they say that.

#24092 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:49 PM

So, today is Free Comic Book Day. Saw Dragon Ball Super and others (like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, wait... they started the manga for that game now?!! How long ago did that came out?). I got the DBS until I saw... the abomination on the cover and as the second story. WHY?! I have the greatest franchise of all time and the worse sequel of the franchise that took a huge dive because of favoritism and bias for a minor character in a form of a movie which is considered canon at the palm of my hand.

...at least I got the Street Fighter V comic and bought a Cammy Pop statue (now I need Chun-Li!)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#24093 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:22 AM

I'm going to be explicit with what I'm going to say. Sorry if it annoys anyone.

What I meant is, so what if she didn't have much bosoms and wearing a long skirt. Does a girl have to look sexy for fans to like her ?

What matters is the quality of a character. Not their chest and other magnified body parts. That shallow to like a character depending only by their private and other featured body parts.

If we have to like a female character only by chest size and other body features with short outfits and tight tops, then most heroines will not pass. 

I always liked Sakura's eyes the best, as well as her smile. Specifically the one she reserved for Naruto

As for curves I really hate the  whole, "LOOKATHERGIANTGAZONGASTHEYARESOBIGICANTEVENFITTHEMINTOMYEYESULTRAWAIFUULTRAWAIFUULTRAWAIFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

Fukkin makes me sick. Sure Hinata had curves but her face was average and her eyes were creepy as hell. The problem is they pushed her boobs so much that eventually that became her signature characteristic.

Tsunade was a bit better, at least it wasn't every five seconds.

One of the things I liked about Sakura was (Save for the stupid SP filler and RTN) SHE DIDN'T GIVE A FLYING F ABOUT HER BREAST SIZE.

She had beautiful eyes, a lovely face, a nice rump and was actually USEFUL IN BATTLE. HINATA GOT PASTED IN EVERY FIGHT SHE FOUGHT IN AND TRIPPED OVER A ROCK. :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

No wonder relationships are so backwards these days and that NH and SS were so popular. They're both based completely on SEX..... and that's it

I liked NS bc it reminded me of the actual relationships I had been in. 2 of the girlfriends I had became my girlfriends not bc of rippling biceps, but bc I helped them break through some really depressing garbage where they hated themselves and in return they showed me loyalty and affection. There was NO creepy stalking or MURDER attempts involved (Though there were plenty of sore female bums :chuckle: ) And none of them were goddang M cups.

Hell the majority of women are not even D Cups. You don't need a moundful of melon for your juicer to get what you need, hell a B or C cup can be quite the handful 

2988283-character_large_332x363_master-r

I loved Sakura bc she was NATURAL up until that stupid 693 confession. The fact that Sarada's being so sexually objectified even though she's THIRTEEN YEARS OLD is evidence of how screwed up NH and SS really were. They were superficial at best and the decision was made to go down that direction. Their supporters now draw Boruto.

LOOK AT HOW TWISTED AND DISGUSTING IT IS NOW

Edited by Shadow1275, 07 May 2017 - 12:37 AM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#24094 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

So, today is Free Comic Book Day. Saw Dragon Ball Super and others (like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, wait... they started the manga for that game now?!! How long ago did that came out?). I got the DBS until I saw... the abomination on the cover and as the second story. WHY?! I have the greatest franchise of all time and the worse sequel of the franchise that took a huge dive because of favoritism and bias for a minor character in a form of a movie which is considered canon at the palm of my hand.

...at least I got the Street Fighter V comic and bought a Cammy Pop statue (now I need Chun-Li!)

I saw that dragon ball in my comic shop would of gotten it but it had a preview of boruto so nope.

#24095 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:34 AM

That's great and all but um...Derock what does that has to do with Naruto? You're an ANBU and you went off topic lol. :fu: Follow your own rules. :P

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24096 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

That's great and all but um...Derock what does that has to do with Naruto? You're an ANBU and you went off topic lol. :fu: Follow your own rules. :P

And?

Y'all was off-topic with DC universes trying to crossover to take out "Unimportance/Favorite female". :P

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#24097 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:43 AM

And?

Y'all was off-topic with DC universes trying to crossover to take out "Unimportance/Favorite female". :P

Lol touche. :lol:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24098 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:17 AM

Lol touche. :lol:

are they talking about hinata with that. If I would be totally fine with that.

#24099 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:51 PM

so the samurai jack "fandom" is going ape kitten on the latest episode.

#24100 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:21 PM

^ LOL IM DEAD

shippers must be ecstatic rn

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users