21 replies to this topic

#1 Mathiasosx

Mathiasosx

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

I only just realized something, Hinata's suddenly getting a lot of development.
Last person that happened to was Asuma...

Thoughts?

Edited by Mathiasosx, 09 May 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Love is friendship set on fire.

My Fanfiction profile can be found here

#2 nia1994

nia1994

darksknight

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

nah, i don't think she will die... she has almost died twice and nothing has happened (pain arc and recently chapter 614) if she died now in this war it would be like neji's sacrifice would have been for nothing.
I'm not in the same boat as some of the other narusaku fans when they say naruhina is impossible or don't make sense .
i do think naruhina is plausible and hinata's recent development could be to build to it. why else would kishi develop a side character who until recently has been irrelevant.

sorry if i sound pessimistic, i do prefer narusaku but i can see both side of the argument

#3 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

It would not be enough to erase the lack of importance she had for nearly 6-7 years.

Hinata from the moment Neji is beaten to the moment she is struck down by pain, she does nothing important for 332 chapters. Fans think this does not exist but it does.

The main problem for Hinata was her constant lack of appearance and how Kishi never really used her. Its like she appears in shippuden just as showing her reintroduction, has a minor fight along with the others in the itachi pursuit arc which did nothing for any development, and then she just comes out of nowhere in pain.

NH would have had a more solid development if she was around more, mainly in the downtime. However it was Naruto with Sakura in most of that downtime and even then, there are many times when Hinata could have been around but was not.

Team 10 at least got an arc and all of them, mainly shikamaru got good development but Hinata has not had as much compared to them. Her sudden moments do not do justice in the long run. Its like kishi could go out on her character now and just bolster her, but that just makes her overall much weaker and a much hollower character overall. I mean look at Sasuke, he has changed mentalities at least 3-4 times, always getting a notion of something before going to seek it. He got a notion of power to go to orochimaru, a notion of pride to kill orochimaru, a new feeling of revenge against the leaf, and now another one to protect the village on Itachi's wishes. Yet Hinata gets none. Everyone save her has gotten some insight to something else before just changing. This is why its hard to relate to Hinata, she is a minor character which means, compared to others like Gaara, Shikamaru, and Tsunade, all characters with important roles in the story, her role is limited and we don't have as much to work with and see why she does what she does, its like most other characters are set up for their respective positions, even Sakura being normal compared to her teammates, but everyone has a starting point in their development and its the activities between everyone that causes their changes and how they adapt. Hinata though, because she was gone for so long, we only see her take things as they come or "go with the flow". She does not have much of a background for us to see how she works with it.

Hinata is just not that complex and her role is easily summed like this:
-born to an elite clan but had no confidence or skill
-disowned by her father and her younger sister is favored and given the birthright of clan heir
-made to be a ninja for the sake of her own purpose
-gains confidence and the notion she can do stuff if she tries
-basically is coming with it now after pain and nejis death, displaying how she can be a leader like her father wanted.

thats it, that is really really it. Not much to say but this is how Hinata's development can be summed up to the current point. Makes no difference for NH or not, just that its still not going to be good on her part overall if its just nitro rushed development and she suddenly gets the power to shoot lasers from her eyes next.

If Hinata had a least 1 other arc with a lasting role like the chunin exams, I would take her more seriously but she does not. There is a difference between a lasting role and having one moment. She has had 2 moments and the ten tails revival arc is still young, maybe she will have a lasting role or just be minor again. Most of the K11 was minor in the 4th war arc, generally though most characters in the cast were, even Naruto and Sasuke for a short time. Sakura did gain a major moment though with the fake neji incident. What I am saying is, it does not help Hinata's character when she is always on a pedestal with hardly anything below to support her. Others like all of team 7, shikamaru, Tsunade, Gaara, Nagato, Itachi, Kisame, Jiraya, Karin, Orochimaru, and so on, they all have development and their moments and reasons we can see and associate why they do them. Hinata is just too short compared to this.

Hinata's remaining development is not really much of a surprise either, regardless of pairings its just leadership, confidence, and the right to lead her clan, thats it. Not much left to tie up. Look at team 7, all of them have a lot of loose ends regarding each other, stuff they cannot address right now while the ten tails has gone into overdrive, hinata has the opportunity to do her development, team 7 is on hold until the crisis passes or at least gets it in small doses in this fight.

This basically all just falls back to one simple factor, main character compared to minor characters:

Main characters (team 7) = they have more development, more screentime, more complexity, which also means more vairability too and also means more association and prespecitives to resolve before the conclusion.

Major characters (Tsunade, Shikamaru, Gaara, Obito) = all the same stuff as main but its scaled down, less screentime, less complex, not as much variability, and also easier to resolve

Minor characters (Hinata, Kiba, Tenten) = Have the smallest screentime of the reoccurring cast, not as many issues, not as complex, the easiest of all character types to resolve.

Its basically all determined by screentime, more screentime = more importance. Hinata has yet to even appear in 100 or so chapters, this is a 600 plus chapter manga, not being in even 1/6th or so of it is not going to help her cause no matter how her fans try to advocate it. Bee is even a more minor character and he has priority over her simply because he had a background like Naruto and Gaara being a Jinchurki yet his result in life was being loved and respected by his village because he never suffered the agony of loneliness.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Asuma didn't really get development. Shikamaru did. We found out more about Asuma, but he didn't change or develop in any way like Shikamaru did. Besides..Neji is already dead, what purpose would Hinata's death serve? Then again..she's not able to protect her self and her protector is dead so she might be screwed. tongue.gif

ナルサク

#5 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (nia1994 @ May 12 2013, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nah, i don't think she will die... she has almost died twice and nothing has happened (pain arc and recently chapter 614) if she died now in this war it would be like neji's sacrifice would have been for nothing.
I'm not in the same boat as some of the other narusaku fans when they say naruhina is impossible or don't make sense .
i do think naruhina is plausible and hinata's recent development could be to build to it. why else would kishi develop a side character who until recently has been irrelevant.

sorry if i sound pessimistic, i do prefer narusaku but i can see both side of the argument

I agree with you.

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ May 12 2013, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure?
I saw Ino, Chouji, Sai, Shikamaru getting a lot more development than Hinata itself.
Before 615 she just got some panels here and there like basically other rookies, still for NH to be plausible there's a long way for it to happen, unless "asspull" could be plausible, my only concern is asspulls because development does not show this way.

Now being honest is sad for people to think that
Hinata "development" = automatically implies NH.

Second.

Hinata is just the Shikamaru of her team. She probably got lucky due to the fans, but whatever. The point is the main plot is not phased if people hope for real deal developments.

#7 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ May 12 2013, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Second.

Hinata is just the Shikamaru of her team. She probably got lucky due to the fans, but whatever. The point is the main plot is not phased if people hope for real deal developments.

Yep.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#8 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ May 12 2013, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Second.

I third him, is not about NH not having a chance is the fact that Hinata is getting development panel time, but not a continues romantice build up with Naruto, Honestly some people act like if Naruto is the first ever Anime/Manga they ever watch/read, Romantic development is continues on both sides not only one side, It amazes me that after 629 chapter Naruto has not have a single conflict or romantic thought regarding Hinata but despite Sakura doing so people still doubt NS, the moment Naruto start viewing Hinata in a form that implies romantic affection that should be the time to consider NH a serious contender against NS.

The reason why many NS fans feels positive about NS is mostly because Sakura start shown some sign that she could actually fall for Naruto she just need a proper closure with him and Sasuke.

@OP
In many Manga whenever a side character gets a lot of panel time out of no where it usually implies that the character will die, this is because the Author want the reader to know a little more about the character before his last day, but with Hinata almost dying twice with Neji giving his life for herbkind of eliminate that possibility, so maybe this is Kishimoto's way of responding to Hinata's huge fandom in response to her lack of appearance.

Edited by Don-kun, 13 May 2013 - 02:04 AM.

#9 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

Hinata probably won't die. This was already decided IMO when Neji was the one killed off. I mean, someone has to lead the Hyuga Clan, right? laugh.gif And Hinata's continued portrayal of confidence lately, while sorta rushed, is the catalyst needed for such a thing.

Hinata will live a long, single life. cool.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#10 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ May 13 2013, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata probably won't die. This was already decided IMO when Neji was the one killed off. I mean, someone has to lead the Hyuga Clan, right? laugh.gif And Hinata's continued portrayal of confidence lately, while sorta rushed, is the catalyst needed for such a thing.

Hinata will live a long, single life. cool.gif

She will marry that guy(from the hyuuga clan).
SK-303_image007.jpg

#11 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Too bad we couldn't get the definitive answer that NH is dead just to shut the Nh fans up.

How funny would it be when you have Naruto say to Hinata like Sakura said to the Lover-nin: "I'm sorry, but there is another..."
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#12 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 13 2013, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too bad we couldn't get the definitive answer that NH is dead just to shut the Nh fans up.

How funny would it be when you have Naruto say to Hinata like Sakura said to the Lover-nin: "I'm sorry, but there is another..."

Does someome has the raw of it because on Mangareader is "there's someome else I...".

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 13 May 2013 - 06:29 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#13 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 13 2013, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or maybe "Hinata, you're like a sister to me." laugh.gif That's for the ridicoulus saying that NS is a siblingship.

Edited by sushi., 13 May 2013 - 07:41 PM.

ナルサク

#14 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 13 2013, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or maybe "Hinata, your like a sister to me." laugh.gif That's for the ridicoulus saying that NS is a siblingship.

Oh that's even more like a burn. XD

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ May 13 2013, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does someome has the raw of it because on Mangareader is "there's someome else I...".

Does it really make that much of a difference?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 13 May 2013 - 07:39 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yeah I believe its to set up the improvement of her character, make her seem more strong willed. The girl needs it. I means come on from an unbiased point of view I'm pretty sure that even fans that do not ship would agree that " Naruto-kun" was her only defining characteristic up till now. Sure she may have a desire to improve but 9.5 times out of ten It is for certain that she is thinking about Naruto on screen rather than saying she needs to get stronger as a person. This is to help boost the interest range of her character if just a little bit.

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 13 2013, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or maybe "Hinata, you're like a sister to me." laugh.gif That's for the ridicoulus saying that NS is a siblingship.

If NS was a siblingship it definitely is an incestuous one pictureem0.gif Wonder what they will say to that.... cool.gif If anything Hinata is acting JUST like a sister with a brother complex, she is just watching from afar most of the time and isn't doing anything about her feelings really. The confession wasn't that moving cause Naruto has not responded to it anyway.

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 May 2013 - 07:51 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#16 ladyannelise

ladyannelise

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 14 2013, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm.. i'd say, it would be better if Naruto quote Kazehaya... when Kurumi confessed to him, Kazehaya replied, ' I already have someone i like. I just can't bring anyone else above her' or something along that line... i couldnt remember the exact phrase but it was something like that.. given Naruto's one track mind, i think a speech like that would be perfect danarusakunp3.gif

#17 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

You know what I like about this so called "Siblingship" thing NaruHina fans always talk about? It's that they unknowingly are proving that NaruSaku is the better couple, because from what I read about Japanese culture (or at least in manga anyway), that's the perfect relationship to be in, knowing one can relate to the other.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#18 ladyannelise

ladyannelise

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ May 15 2013, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what I like about this so called "Siblingship" thing NaruHina fans always talk about? It's that they unknowingly are proving that NaruSaku is the better couple, because from what I read about Japanese culture (or at least in manga anyway), that's the perfect relationship to be in, knowing one can relate to the other.

agree! a_thumbs.gif
besides, Naruto never looked at Sakura as his sister since she was first introduced, so i cant understand why others would see that this two has only brother&sister relationship., whenever i read comments like that, i ask myself, 'are we reading the same manga here?'
i guess ill never understand those people, as well as those who still ship SasuSaku,. but hey, we're all free to ship what we want wave.gif , it's just that most of us, NaruSaku fans, see the logic, the parallel and the development. so, to each is own a_dance.gif

#19 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hinata probably won't die.

I pray to God Almighty for she does NOT. The LAST thing this fanbase needs is falling into the Gwen Stacy (Spider-Man)/Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)/Rubina (Grendizer)/Four Murasame (Gundam Zeta)/Rei Ayanami (Evangelion), etc... syndrome.

What am I talking about? You will see, it is a trend that I have noticed after many, many years reading books, manga and comic-books, watching Japanese and Western animation and playing video games.

Step 1: Take a secondary, female character (she may be a major or minor character) that is infatuated with the male protagonist (that infatuation may actually be love. She may even be dating the hero, but not necessarily. It is entirely possible that they barely talk and interact).
Step 2: Kill her in a dramatic, tear-jerking fashion.
Step 3: Behold as out of nowhere shows up a legion of screaming fans idealizing her and worshipping her because "she was so good, so nice, so sweet, so kind, so warm, so caring, so shy and so utterly perfect" (in spite of maybe she had no one of those traits), mourning her because her death was SO tragic and claiming that she should have survived and hooked up with the hero (for some reason they think that should she survive, that is a foregone conclusion) because she TOTALLY deserved a happy end (since, you will see, she was SO good, so nice, so sweet, so kind, so warm, so caring, so shy and so utterly perfect, and her death was SO tragic). Usually those fans are prone to hate the guts of the female character that got the gall and audacity of actually surviving and hooking up with the hero (or at least remaining by his side). That hatred is especially strong if that surviving girl is a tsundere or is prone to talk her mind.

You see where this is going, don't you?

What is the difference with the current behavior of many Hinata shippers, you ask? The difference is that, if you think the Hinata's worship is bad, you have seen NOTHING. IF she dies -that I doubt that she does-, brace yourself, because it will be way, WAY worse. And the Sakura bashing will be even more fact-twisting, irritating, obnoxious, annoying and irksome.

That is one of the reasons I did not mind much when she survived Pain stabbing her. So nobody will be able to tell what Naruto and she would have got together is she would have survived and Naruto ended up with Sakura out of fear to loneliness or something just so preposterous.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#20 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ May 16 2013, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I pray to God Almighty for she does NOT. The LAST thing this fanbase needs is falling into the Gwen Stacy (Spider-Man)/Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)/Rubina (Grendizer)/Four Murasame (Gundam Zeta)/Rei Ayanami (Evangelion), etc... syndrome.

What am I talking about? You will see, it is a trend that I have noticed after many, many years reading books, manga and comic-books, watching Japanese and Western animation and playing video games.

Step 1: Take a secondary, female character (she may be a major or minor character) that is infatuated with the male protagonist (that infatuation may actually be love. She may even be dating the hero, but not necessarily. It is entirely possible that they barely talk and interact).
Step 2: Kill her in a dramatic, tear-jerking fashion.
Step 3: Behold as out of nowhere shows up a legion of screaming fans idealizing her and worshipping her because "she was so good, so nice, so sweet, so kind, so warm, so caring, so shy and so utterly perfect" (in spite of maybe she had no one of those traits), mourning her because her death was SO tragic and claiming that she should have survived and hooked up with the hero (for some reason they think that should she survive, that is a foregone conclusion) because she TOTALLY deserved a happy end (since, you will see, she was SO good, so nice, so sweet, so kind, so warm, so caring, so shy and so utterly perfect, and her death was SO tragic). Usually those fans are prone to hate the guts of the female character that got the gall and audacity of actually surviving and hooking up with the hero (or at least remaining by his side). That hatred is especially strong if that surviving girl is a tsundere or is prone to talk her mind.

You see where this is going, don't you?

What is the difference with the current behavior of many Hinata shippers, you ask? The difference is that, if you think the Hinata's worship is bad, you have seen NOTHING. IF she dies -that I doubt that she does-, brace yourself, because it will be way, WAY worse. And the Sakura bashing will be even more fact-twisting, irritating, obnoxious, annoying and irksome.

That is one of the reasons I did not mind much when she survived Pain stabbing her. So nobody will be able to tell what Naruto and she would have got together is she would have survived and Naruto ended up with Sakura out of fear to loneliness or something just so preposterous.

Now you talk about it, I agree 100%. Fans this day sometime is scary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users