Close
Photo

The Great Naruto Discussion Thread

naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31562 replies to this topic

#27821 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:30 PM

Nice to see you back here, Slextrem.

#27822 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:45 PM

So I just listen to the end credits song of the last and it was surprisingly good probably the only good thing in that movie.

#27823 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:03 PM

The franchise was dead in the water with awakening being their swan song, but that game turned it more popular than it ever was before. So, now they are both desperate to recapture the magic and not lose it.

I know, but Three Houses just feels off. Classes only influence stat/level weapon growths, whether the unit is mounted, has armor or can use magic. But by doing this, the idea of classes feels rather meaningless for the most part. I hate how many charges a spell has is tied to it's class rather than the level as well. The supports are animated, but they never put in any of the props the supports are about. They added a new game + feature to make things easier. You have to replay the first half of the story in each of the routes with little variations, and only one route splits from that point (Fates had it right, a few intro chapters then route split put the ability to start from the split on your next playthrough). There's no EXP bar going to 100, levels can go up to 99, combat arts are a joke after the first few levels since doubling tends to outdo them...

This game does not feel like a Fire Emblem game, and it's especially sad since Fates turned the Fire Emblem formula into an art. But the story, the pacing is overall sluggish between battles but the second half moves way to quickly. I have to keep replaying that slow first half over and over again. The game only gives out information relevant to the path I'm on and keeps trying to have the other side go "if only you had joined me" when I barely know these characters. Fates at least built to a golden ending when it did that, and it respected our intelligence enough to not beat us over the head with how Hoshido weren't saints. The paths outside of Edelgard's all show how flawed her actions are and how she is wrong thematically. But you'd never know that from the folks who try to defend her, saying that her war was necessary. And now there are folks demanding a golden path despite them being upset that Fates had one, and if that's what the DLC patch is for then I'm still going to have to pay for it.

I'm going to say it, this is a very weak game but if you say bad things there are people who try and shut you up. I should have just bought Breath of the Wild.

Edited by RulesofNature, 26 August 2019 - 04:04 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#27824 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:56 PM

Hey guys. Sorry I've been away, got a Switch and been playing Fire Emblem Three Houses/Cuphead.

God, Edelgard fans have been giving me major Hinatafan-vibes. But the worst thing is I find the game isn't all that great but since the fandom is still in a honeymoon phase they don't want to hear why.

I love the game personally, but I welcome the critique all the same :smile: Well Regarding Edelgard......... yeah it the same thing. she is SUCH A WAIFU in the eyes of many, that it be comes reverence that she is a flawless goddess that can do no wrong. 

Edelgard

Is anyone still around on this site?

WELCOME BACK!!!! :hug: You were missed!

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 August 2019 - 07:13 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27825 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:06 AM

Oh by the way I'm not doing the Boruto summaries for a while for a few reasons. Among them, One) I might be too busy soon, and two) their in another battle in the manga; so I got a few months before they wrap that up.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 August 2019 - 02:06 AM.

#27826 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

Hey guys. Sorry I've been away, got a Switch and been playing Fire Emblem Three Houses/Cuphead.

God, Edelgard fans have been giving me major Hinatafan-vibes. But the worst thing is I find the game isn't all that great but since the fandom is still in a honeymoon phase they don't want to hear why.

I'm loving it so far. also I love Edelgard as well because she's so flawed. At least with Edelgard, she's an integral part of the story unlike Hinata.

#27827 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:48 PM

I'm loving it so far. also I love Edelgard as well because she's so flawed. At least with Edelgard, she's an integral part of the story unlike Hinata.

So true. :) And I prefer that from love interests of any gender for sure. Integration into a story and being a key part of it is what's makes a good story.

#27828 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:17 PM

New naruto game https://youtu.be/XyUParbY4Eo

#27829 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:19 AM

Another Naruto x Boruto game? No thanks! But it sure shows how desperate they are to push it like this...

#27830 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:06 AM

So, the game is about making a ninja "tribe" -why not clans?-...Why do I have the feeling this is just a phone game?

Well, decided to read the comments...no one is impressed. A lot are dunking on it. Everyone assumes it is a mobile game...so it probably is.

"Another Naruto x Boruto game? No thanks! But it sure shows how desperate they are to push it like this..."

Well again, they made it impossible for Boruto to survive on its own merits because they cling too much to the past. They have to remind people the Boruto is the sequel to Naruto or else no one would bother to watch it, or buy any of their games. Because none of the story so far have been about Bolt growing on his own. They always involve the old cast as often as they can.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 August 2019 - 10:31 AM.

#27831 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

I don't care about Naruto games I stop buying them after storm 4 in fact now that I have all 38 sets of shippuden I'm done buying Naruto stuff save commissions.

#27832 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:32 PM

Spreading some NaruSaku goodness In midst of revising my book in first person (it was originally in third person). 

D9B6tvJVAAE6Hm1.jpg

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#27833 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

I think my biggest frustration with Edelgard is that despite being so flawed, I can't really help her with those flaws. The best I do is enable her behavior causing her to avoid doing some of her worst actions. You can try to humanize her all you want but at the end of the day her actions are still questionable at best. And some of those humanizing moments really, really make me feel like she really doesn't understand what she's doing and needs people like me, Ferdie and Tommy Wiseau in order to make her dreams work.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#27834 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

Spreading some NaruSaku goodness In midst of revising my book in first person (it was originally in third person). 

D9B6tvJVAAE6Hm1.jpg

Now seeing this warms my heart, Chi :D And it also just melted it by seeing how sweet this is!

#27835 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

Now seeing this warms my heart, Chi :D And it also just melted it by seeing how sweet this is!

Looking back at NaruSaku still warms me. It was beautiful, funny, realistic. They had great chemistry.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#27836 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Looking back at NaruSaku still warms me. It was beautiful, funny, realistic. They had great chemistry.

Yes they do and both are powerful I mean heard current Sakura is as strong as Naruto and Sasuke before there sage of six paths power up.

#27837 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:04 PM

I think my biggest frustration with Edelgard is that despite being so flawed, I can't really help her with those flaws. The best I do is enable her behavior causing her to avoid doing some of her worst actions. You can try to humanize her all you want but at the end of the day her actions are still questionable at best. And some of those humanizing moments really, really make me feel like she really doesn't understand what she's doing and needs people like me, Ferdie and Tommy Wiseau in order to make her dreams work.

She's still better written than a lot of character.

#27838 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:07 PM

Oh yes definitely I feel the same.  BUUUT, obviously you will find similar attitudes regarding her and Hinata both with their "fans" :mellow:

So true. :) And I prefer that from love interests of any gender for sure. Integration into a story and being a key part of it is what's makes a good story.

Again, you see what NH is LACKING when you compare them to any support chains in the game, I LOVE all the romances and friendships that spawn from supports in Fire Emblem :yes:

True!!! :hehehe: But it's the same thing with Dimitri

spoiler

However I acknowledge that it is not quite the same but regardless there is a huge gray Morality there. I love it but at the same time I don't feel very good for a lot of the deaths of both the main and supporting cast.   :ermm:  :cry:

Oh by the way I'm not doing the Boruto summaries for a while for a few reasons. Among them, One) I might be too busy soon, and two) their in another battle in the manga; so I got a few months before they wrap that up.

That's probably for the best best. You sound more bored than not often when you summarize it chapter by chapter anyway.

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 September 2019 - 08:13 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27839 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:54 PM

Oh yes definitely I feel the same.  BUUUT, obviously you will find similar attitudes regarding her and Hinata both with their "fans" :mellow:

Again, you see what NH is LACKING when you compare them to any support chains in the game, I LOVE all the romances and friendships that spawn from supports in Fire Emblem :yes:

True!!! :hehehe: But it's the ame thing with Dimitri

spoiler

However I acknowledge that it is not quite the same but regardless there is a huge gray Morality there. I love it but at the same time I don't feel very good for a lot of the deaths of both the main and supporting cast.   :ermm:  :cry:

That's probably for the best best. You sound more bored than not often when you summarize it chapter by chapter anyway.

Eh, there are a lot of toxic fandoms. The worst I've ever seen is the Steven Universe fandom who tried to make a girl kill herself because she drew one of the characters skinnier because it was in her own art style.

Edited by jak123, 28 August 2019 - 11:55 PM.

#27840 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:46 AM

Me too. Especially when you see how all their interactions grow over time, like when Sakura first assumes Naruto is gonna give up during the tree climbing exercise in the Land of Waves, just because she thinks she GETS Naruto at this point, only for her to be shocked and humbled when he asks for her help on better focusing her chakra.

Eh, there are a lot of toxic fandoms. The worst I've ever seen is the Steven Universe fandom who tried to make a girl kill herself because she drew one of the characters skinnier because it was in her own art style.

Yeah, that one still pisses me off most of all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users