134 replies to this topic

#121 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

Everything sounds so cute! She must be adorable, I am happy for you! biggrin.gif And she looks BEAUTIFUL <3

#122 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:54 AM

Thank you ^-^
I'm sure she'll grow up to be a man killer. Probably a lady killer also.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#123 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

Baby Info Please :3
---------------
Age (Date of Birth)-?
Name-?
Boy/Girl- Girl from what I've heard
Activities-?
---crazy stuff below----
Favorite Anime-?
Boyfriend-?
Football team name-?

Sorry I couldn't think of much to ask... you don't have to answer any of these if they are personal! happy.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#124 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

14 months! DOB 8/26/10
Um.. the rest of that stuff would be questions for me lol her activities include looking at pictures in books, walking around wherever, and reorganizing toys.

current fav anime .. hmm idk I read manga more.. so Skip Beat.
Boyfriend = Husband = John
Football team = Green Bay Packers but if you ever check out the Seemingly Great Fantasy Football H&E League I am the Gama WaRRIORS.

#125 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Oct 23 2011, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
14 months! DOB 8/26/10
Um.. the rest of that stuff would be questions for me lol her activities include looking at pictures in books, walking around wherever, and reorganizing toys.

current fav anime .. hmm idk I read manga more.. so Skip Beat.
Boyfriend = Husband = John
Football team = Green Bay Packers but if you ever check out the Seemingly Great Fantasy Football H&E League I am the Gama WaRRIORS.

Well at least you answered the questions I though you would skip! happy.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#126 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

I am so excited right now. We are buying our first home! It's in an incredible location, with a huge back yard that goes all the way down to a ravine, gorgeous view from the living room and back deck, sweet ass kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, plus a bonus room downstairs that we'll make our entertainment room. It was once valued at 615k (when the market was outrageous) but we're buying at 199k. It is a short-sale, so it will be awhile until we move in, but I couldn't be happier with this house.

Molly had her 15 month wellness check yesterday. We saw a new doctor that was just awesome. He was gentle, took his time with us, answered all my questions and made me feel really good about Molly's development. She's right on track with her height and weight, and even her diet is pretty good (I was worried about it.) It's been a great 2 days off so far, and I still have tomorrow off.

I still have Christmas shopping and decorating to do. I want to do it, but I don't. I just have to get myself started!

#127 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Dec 2 2011, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am so excited right now. We are buying our first home! It's in an incredible location, with a huge back yard that goes all the way down to a ravine, gorgeous view from the living room and back deck, sweet ass kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, plus a bonus room downstairs that we'll make our entertainment room. It was once valued at 615k (when the market was outrageous) but we're buying at 199k. It is a short-sale, so it will be awhile until we move in, but I couldn't be happier with this house.

Molly had her 15 month wellness check yesterday. We saw a new doctor that was just awesome. He was gentle, took his time with us, answered all my questions and made me feel really good about Molly's development. She's right on track with her height and weight, and even her diet is pretty good (I was worried about it.) It's been a great 2 days off so far, and I still have tomorrow off.

I still have Christmas shopping and decorating to do. I want to do it, but I don't. I just have to get myself started!

a_dance.gif Congratulations!!!!! a_hug.gif I'm so happy for you! That's such an amazing milestone for you and your family. Take lots of pictures before and during your move-in, so you can look back and see how much it's changed.

#128 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

Thank you! Good idea~

#129 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Dec 2 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow from 615k to 199k woot.gif that's one big drop and a good deal too! Congrats on such great news!!! I'm super excited for your family, this is one big milestone and I wish you all the best of luck. I have tons of Christmas shopping to do myself sweatdrop.gif I just haven't gotten to it lol. As for our decorations we put up our Christmas tree last week. All I need are a few more tiny details inside and the lights for the outside of the house, but that's my hubby's job XD I'm happy that Molly is on track with her development, that's always great news. My son just got his last set vaccines and isn't due for one till hes 4 so that's cool. I always felt bad whenever he was due for a shot. His next checkup is when hes two so I'm keeping my fingers cross that we dont visit the doctor until then biggrin.gif

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#130 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, shots suck! Molly had three the other day. The one in the leg was over before she knew what was happening but the two in the arm weren't so quick and painless.

Just learned that someone made an offer on the same house as we did. We have no way of knowing what they offered, but it must have been either the same as we offered or higher because we were asked if we wanted to raise our bid. BLAH!

#131 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Dammit, we were outbid on that house I loved so much. We are still shopping around. I'm hoping that those people who outbid us will realize that they offered too much and back out of the deal so I can swoop in and scoop it up!

Man, I try to love the holidays. I really do. I even thought it would be FUN since I have the little one. I really enjoy the lights, even though that's the only thing on my tree since Molly loves to pull off all the ornaments. I just can not stand the holiday traffic (drivers are so stupid!) and the crowds and the ridiculous music (some of it is good- but even the music has been commercialized!) Not to mention the fact that I'm really terrible at picking out gifts for people. I picked up some fuzzy soft socks for my mom that I thought she'd appreciate. Then I saw this commercial where a lady pulls some similar socks out of a gift bag and is like, "Ooh, socks. . ." and I'm like, yeah that's what my mom's going to say too.
I gotta admit I had a pretty good idea for my Dad though. I got him a 5 gallon gas can and after I do some holiday shopping at Save Mart (I earn 5 cents off per gallon for every $50 with the gas rewards card! Yeah I work there, but I really love getting 75 cents off per gallon with that card! yucky.gif ) I'll fill it up and put a big red bow on it. I know he can appreciate that!

#132 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:02 AM

So, as it's my daughter's second Christmas and she's only 16 months old, I have filled her stocking with bibs, clearance clothes, toddler forks and spoons, sippy cups, and a handmade stuffed bunny that was too damn cute to resist. I know what my husband would say, but to that I say there are still plenty of years left to fill a stocking with candy and "fun" stuff like toys!

#133 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

Wow, long time to see bloggy. Molly is now 21 months old. She can say a few words, run, jump, and take off her diaper and throw her poop around. Which is what she did the other day. Luckily, I was at work, and my mom got to clean it up. HA! She's also able to put herself to sleep without crying it out til extinction.
I'm starting to think about her second birthday and so far the plan is to make it a pool party, yay!
Molly's favorite things to do are throw balls and rocks around, watch Sesame Street, Phineas and Ferb, and Legend of Korrah with Mama. She's already got a good baseball arm, she can throw over the shoulder as well as any little boy, and we are super proud of it! Once she's able to communicate with adults better I think we need to get her into some kind of activity like gymnastics, or martial arts. She'd like pretty much anything, I think, and it will be great for her to have some structure.
We ended up buying a really great house. It's 10 miles from work, farther away than any place we've lived in so far, but so worth it. We've been here for 2 months now, and everything has worked out almost perfectly. There's an issue with the phone/internet/tv lines, but only because of the rural location we're in. We'll make due. Can't complain when that's the worst of our problems!
I've made friends with some new people at work. They are great. It's been such a long time since I've had a best friend, and I think Rachel could be it. Dani is a close second. And the best part is all three of us get along so well. Dani has a daughter, Annaliese, who is only 4 months older than Molly. We went to Anna's 2nd birthday party a couple weekends ago and had a great time. The other day Rachel and I got together and made cupcakes with Guiness in the batter, and Bailey's in the buttercream. They were fabulous and I ate way too many.
In the 21 months since I had Molly I've lost about 15 pounds. Still not back to per-pregnancy shape, but I have to be happy with what I have accomplished. I didn't think it was very much, until the other day when another Mom in my birth club cheered me on and told me to stop down playing my accomplishments. Positive thinking makes such a difference. I've been feeling great about myself lately and I hope it lasts.
Unfortunately, as great as things have been going for me lately, things for others around me are not so great. Jessie had a miscarriage last week, after trying to get pregnant for so so long. She's taken a week off work, and seems to be doing OK, but I am afraid she is the type of person to bottle up emotions. I'd like to do something for her to express my sympathy but I don't know what is appropriate. I told her I was sorry for her loss. Is that good enough? I think I should leave it at that, and not pick at a scab, but if I do that it feels like ignoring the elephant in the room. All I can do for her is hope and pray that she can conceive again when they are ready, and carry it to term happy and healthy. I hope that's enough.

#134 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

22 months. Or just about.

Molly is learning new words at an incredible pace. We can teach her something today and she will remember it tomorrow, even if she can't quite pronounce it right.
I've been fighting what I've heard called "Baby fever" pretty well up til now. I let it show a few times and now John is well aware of it. He still does not want to have another child, and every time Molly and/or I have a "bad night" he uses the incident to promote his "one and done" clause.
I had a kittening mental break down last night. I don't know why. When I went to bed I had not been drinking. I had not even taken a hit off the pipe. Molly woke up sometime after midnight and as soon as I picked her up out of her crib she would not stop crying for anything. I got really mad and frustrated right away, but I still held her and tried to rock her to sleep for the next hour and a half even though she was uncooperative. By the end of that time I had lost all control. I knocked over the fan several times but didn't give a kitten about how much noise it made, I was imagining violent reactions that I couldn't possibly act out, and I just could not hold Molly for another 5 minutes. I couldn't trust myself anymore, that was how much self control I had lost.
At this point, my husband FINALLY decided to get his ass out of bed and help me. I don't know why I have to lose all semblance of myself before he will get his ass out of bed and decide that he needs to help. I honestly don't think I would fall to this level if I felt I could turn to him for help. But he gets so self-centered at night that even if I asked for his help, for him to take over for a while, he would turn me down, and I would be left on my own anyway.
I was in the wrong last night. I lost my self control, and I knew it at the time. But why the kitten can't I ask for help from my own frucking husband? Is his sleep problem so kittenng bad that it takes priority over my own, and our daughter's? Should I fell guilty for abandoning my child in her crib before I lost all my self-control? And should I take the blame for forcing my husband to then take over the comforting of our 21 month old baby until she fell asleep 90 minutes later?
Should I give up on the feeling that I wanted to have one more child because I can't even handle a frustrating night with my first?

#135 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 22 2012, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
22 months. Or just about.

Molly is learning new words at an incredible pace. We can teach her something today and she will remember it tomorrow, even if she can't quite pronounce it right.
I've been fighting what I've heard called "Baby fever" pretty well up til now. I let it show a few times and now John is well aware of it. He still does not want to have another child, and every time Molly and/or I have a "bad night" he uses the incident to promote his "one and done" clause.
I had a f**king mental break down last night. I don't know why. When I went to bed I had not been drinking. I had not even taken a hit off the pipe. Molly woke up sometime after midnight and as soon as I picked her up out of her crib she would not stop crying for anything. I got really mad and frustrated right away, but I still held her and tried to rock her to sleep for the next hour and a half even though she was uncooperative. By the end of that time I had lost all control. I knocked over the fan several times but didn't give a sh*t about how much noise it made, I was imagining violent reactions that I couldn't possibly act out, and I just could not hold Molly for another 5 minutes. I couldn't trust myself anymore, that was how much self control I had lost.
At this point, my husband FINALLY decided to get his ass out of bed and help me. I don't know why I have to lose all semblance of myself before he will get his ass out of bed and decide that he needs to help. I honestly don't think I would fall to this level if I felt I could turn to him for help. But he gets so self-centered at night that even if I asked for his help, for him to take over for a while, he would turn me down, and I would be left on my own anyway.
I was in the wrong last night. I lost my self control, and I knew it at the time. But why the f**k can't I ask for help from my own frucking husband? Is his sleep problem so fuckng bad that it takes priority over my own, and our daughter's? Should I fell guilty for abandoning my child in her crib before I lost all my self-control? And should I take the blame for forcing my husband to then take over the comforting of our 21 month old baby until she fell asleep 90 minutes later?
Should I give up on the feeling that I wanted to have one more child because I can't even handle a frustrating night with my first?

Hey, I'm so sorry you had a bad night. And that crap totally happens. To every mom. Where you're so friggin' tired and your little one won't sleep. At all. And you feel like just running out into traffic. Except you can't find any because it's 3 in the morning.

So don't worry. You lived through it. Molly won't remember. Even the violent outburst - completely normal, like venting pent-up steam. It sucks, but it happens. I used to think it was like being "touched out" - I had held, cajoled, cradled, whatever until I just felt like I didn't want to be touched anymore! Like my skin hurt! hahaha!

Actually, you did the right thing. So trust your clarity in that moment when you were emotionally stretched thin. Even if your husband wasn't even there, putting her down and walking away was completely the right thing to do. And sometimes, it's the only thing you can do. There's some times when a baby/toddler just won't be consoled. Growth-spurt days, vaccinations, overly tired, the list goes on. So you hold her until you can't take it, then walk away for a bit.

About your hubby...yeah, that would tick me off too. And I bet the longer your daughter was up, the angrier you got about it! smile.gif

Maybe wait until you've had some distance from your bad night to talk to him about it. Tell him what you need. I read somewhere that the difference between a mom of one child and a mom of 2, 3, 4, is that the mom of multiples was no longer afraid to ask for help. She just told everyone what they needed to do. lol - I remember thinking at the time it was such an odd/funny statement. But I have a friend who's mom to four...it's totally true! She just lays it all out there! Not mean...just matter-of-fact.

Anyway, talk to your hubby about it. Because when it gets that bad, and you do need a breather, you don't need built-up anger adding fuel to your fire. It sounds like you're pretty respectful of his sleep, handling these night-time incidents on your own. So make it clear to him, during a daylight non-stressful time, that you don't want what happened last night to happen again. And if you're asking him to get up, it means you're about to loose it. And that he better get up quick if he wants everyone in the house to survive the night!

Ninja parenting to the rescue! lol. But seriously, there's nothing to feel guilty about. When you're at the end of your rope, you absolutely have to get help from him. Doing that means that you're a good mom. Everything you did was right.

So, it goes without saying that you should definitely have another. Don't let a rough night throw you. Each one you'll handle a little bit differently. And if you come out of this one with a few things you can recognize earlier on the next bad night (like the bad feeling that you're at the end of your rope), then you can act on it earlier. Then hopefully your next rough night won't be so rough!

All the best - trixie

Oh yeah, as for the "one and done" crap, if you're the primary-care parent (meaning you're the one doing the majority of the parenting), then make sure you stand up for your choice in the matter. If you want another, then go for it. Don't be guilt-tripped out of it. Because it's not just about him. You're deciding on your child having a sibling for the rest of her life. And you're acting on your own view of how you see yourself as a mom and what family you envisioned having. Hang in there. None of this stuff is easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users