45 replies to this topic

#21 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

Shikamaru is very smart of course, and a pretty cool character, though not even close to Kage level... pssh not even ANBU level. I could see him becoming Naruto's advisor though. biggrin.gif ....or if Naruto ever gets rid of the current council, making him part of the new one.

#22 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jun 18 2009, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but we've seen just how great his ability is. Remember Hidan & Kakuzu? he created a completely flawless plan to separate Hidan & Kakuzu in such a short time. Not to mention Kakashi praised him for formulating a plan so quick even though there was a sudden 4th member.

It took him a week to get together a plan like that. He is so overrated even thought I am one of Shikamaru biggest fans.

#23 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 18 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It took him a week to get together a plan like that. He is so overrated even thought I am one of Shikamaru biggest fans.

His regular plan took a week, yes. But when Kakashi joined, he quickly formulated 3 scenarios with Kakashi as a team member. That's pretty genius.

Although defeating the weakest Akatsuki member really doesn't get you the title of "Sennin". Naruto learned the Sage Arts, Sakura learned a few million ways of how to heal and cure people of ailments and injuries...

Sasuke, although evil and stubborn, learned different techniques from Orochimaru, who was a genius like him.

Now these people deserve their master's titles.

#24 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

by cloud

Now these people deserve their master's titles.

I agree, even thought Sasuke is a traitor and stuff Sakura and Naruto they deserved the tittle, unlike Shikamaru who only killed the weakest Akatsuki member Hadin. =_= and is a lazy ass genius who can think up many ways to work with a plan. the best job he is good for thought is a Tactical adviser.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 18 June 2009 - 03:42 PM.

#25 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 18 2009, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shikamaru is very smart of course, and a pretty cool character, though not even close to Kage level... pssh not even ANBU level. I could see him becoming Naruto's advisor though. biggrin.gif ....or if Naruto ever gets rid of the current council, making him part of the new one.

True Shika is not at Kage level, but he could be, Asuma himself said, he'd be considered as a candidate for the position if he wasn't so lazy. Which he isn't anymore, after the death of his Sensei, Shikamaru grew up, he's no longer shown as the lazy arse who doesn't want to do anything, he wants to get stronger he doesn't lose anyone else close to him, He's given himself the rold of uncle to Asuma and Kurenai's unborn child and plans to train him.

Remember it was Shika who talked to Naruto when he was depressed about Jiaraya's death, his talk that convinced him to go train with the toads in the Sage Arts, He's grown up allot. So I can see him getting to the level of Kage or Captain of ANBU at the very least, But even if he reaches Kage level, he's never going to go for the position of Hokage, simply because he see's that as Naruto's job, he'll be one of his most trusted allies, someone who he will go to for a plan of action to achieve peace amongst the hidden villages.

P.S. I don't know why Sakura is put at the same level as Naruto and Sasuke, i'm sorry to say Sakura is not stronger than Shikamaru at this point, She has the potential to be stronger but current state Shika would beat her, he knows her weaknesses and would be able to exploit them and win in battle. Remember Shika beat Hidan with his own strenths and careful planning, with Sakura it was largely Chiyo that was doing the fighting using Sakura as a human puppet, so you can not put her yet at the same level as Sasuke and Naruto yet until she proves her strength, just being an apprentice doesn't mean anything unless you can reach the same level of your master, Naruto and Sasuke have done that, Sakura still has a way to go.

Edited by harry4e, 18 June 2009 - 11:13 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#26 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:43 PM

P.S. I don't know why Sakura is put at the same level as Naruto and Sasuke, i'm sorry to say Sakura is not stronger

because Sakura was also trained by a Sannin. So Yes, she is strong thanks to her medical abilities she'll be even better then Tsunade.
She the same level as Tsunade she a Sannin.

So what if she not the same level as Naruto and Sasuke, She is strong in her own right.

How strong you are means nothing in the Narutovers.

I hate Sakura bashing she my number one favorite character.

#27 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 19 2009, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
because Sakura was also trained by a Sannin. So Yes, she is strong thanks to her medical abilities she'll be even better then Tsunade.
She the same level as Tsunade she a Sannin.

So what if she not the same level as Naruto and Sasuke, She is strong in her own right.

How strong you are means nothing in the Narutovers.

I hate Sakura bashing she my number one favorite character.

This isn't bashing it's fact, there is a difference between stating the facts and Bashing. Sakura is my favourite Female Charactor in Naruto, so i'm not going to bash her but unfortunitely I have not seen proof of her reaching Tsunade's level. Tell me where we have seen so far where she has reached Tsunade's level, or got close? Her medical knowledge is great but what's not going to help her that much in battle, we've really only seen her fight once and that was with Chiyo controlling her mainly. Kishi needs to provide proof of Sakura where we see her grow and show she's reached her masters level...I know's she'll reach it , probably sooner rather than later with Tsundae in a coma she'll have to step up her game.

iAnby7W.gif

#28 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:09 AM

The reason I say she strong is because she made a freaking earth quake whit just a fist if that not strong then I don't know what strong is.

You. need to go back and read the manga with out comparing Naruto and Sasuke to Sakura, because of course girls will be less stronger then the boys in Shouen Manga.

Look at other female to compare her too. she came into a tie with Ino at the Chuinin exams.

Ino graduated top of her class in the number one spot. She took down a girl with only a flower for god shakes. She came in second to Ino. Which means she pretty strong in her own way.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 19 June 2009 - 02:36 AM.

#29 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 18 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason I say she strong is because she made a freaking earth quake whit just a fist if that not strong then I don't know what strong is.

You. need to go back and read the manga with out comparing Naruto and Sasuke to Sakura, because of course girls will be less stronger then the boys in Shouen Manga.

Look at other female to compare her too. she came into a tie with Ino at the Chuinin exams.

Ino graduated top of her class in the number one spot. She took down a guy with only a flower for god shakes she came in second to Ino. Which means she pretty strong in her own way.

Oh. Wow. A character made an earthquake, that's sooooooo strong. Forgive me, but when does a size of a crater determine a ninja's power?

Hey, Pain made a huge ****ing crater in Konoha too with a self-destruct technique. That must mean he's god then! mellow.gif

While your sentiments toward Sakura is understood, telling him to back to reading SHONEN manga isn't gonna do much. Shonen manga is already dominated by male characters, so if he compares Sakura to her teammates, its the right thing to do. All he's saying is that she's not as strong as Sasuke or Naruto yet and she'll need that extra strength for the upcoming battle.

And when did Ino take down a guy with a flower? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that in the manga.

#30 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:21 AM

And when did Ino take down a guy with a flower? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that in the manga.

It was during the flash back during the Sakura ino fight during the chuinin exams.

Oh. Wow. A character made an earthquake, that's sooooooo strong. Forgive me, but when does a size of a crater determine a ninja's power?

I am not say that. I am just saying that being strong in her own way, so I need clarify my post more before I post it.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 19 June 2009 - 02:26 AM.

#31 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 18 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was during the flash back during the Sakura ino fight during the chuinin exams.

... That was a girl.

And that was when they were kids, Ino was sticking up for Sakura.

#32 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 18 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... That was a girl.

And that was when they were kids, Ino was sticking up for Sakura.

It was a girl...." wow they made a weird looking girl then lol.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 19 June 2009 - 02:27 AM.

#33 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 18 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just because Naruto is a Shounen manga doesn't excuse it from having a bad female cast. Look at Bleach which has a strong female cast. Captains, Espadas, Vizards, and even humans have women that make a difference and are able to compete with the males. One Piece has strong females who are important like Nami and Robin who are essential to the Strawhats, Bonney is part of the Supernovas, and Boa Hancock is one of the Shichibukai. Kenichi has powerful female fighters like Shigure and Kisara, and Miu is actually stronger then the male lead. Negima has plenty of females that are strong and competent, including some like Asuna and Evagenline are powerful enough to SOLO the entire Naruverse by themselves. These are just a few examples of Shounen manga that have a great female cast to go along with the males and their are plenty of others out there (these are just the mangas I follow weekly).

Kishi is just bad at writing females so that's why you will see plenty of weak/useless females in the manga. Just because a manga is classified as Shounen, doesn't mean it will automatically have a poor female cast.

#34 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:55 AM

Took the words right out of my mouth, True. wow.png

#35 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:56 AM

Kishi is just bad at writing females so that's why you will see plenty of weak/useless females in the manga. Just because a manga is classified as Shounen, doesn't mean it will automatically have a poor female cast.

I am not saying she useless I am saying she is strong in her own way. I am not basing judgment on others from the other Shouen Manga. I am however Judging my statement on other females in the Naruvers. She is strong in her own way not by how strong she is or by any other case. She is strong due to her character development and her friendship to Naruto that is why she is strong in my opinion.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 19 June 2009 - 02:59 AM.

#36 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:00 AM

Actually I believe Sakura came top from all the Koniochi not Ino, she is the top of her class with book smarts, and that's where she just topped Ino...but it's not been confirmed either way.

You cannot talk about Ino when she was eight years old, that has nothing to do with the argument. So Ino who comes from a profilic Clan was better than Sakura who is not part of any ninja clan...it's a given and has no bearing to the argument. (So she drew against Ino, big deal, Naruto managed to win, after he had the five prong seal placed on him by Orichimaru that messed up his chakra controls, and he had just got out of a fight to get the last scroll where he produced a large amount of clones after one another to draw the other team out of hiding.)

I'm not comparing Sakura just against her teammates, but against other Ninja's both Male and Female. So she can create an earthquake with her fists, Tsunade can do it with a finger, Tamari can cut down dozens of trees with her fan. You are saying she's at the same level as Tsunade, which she isn't, Tsunade is the Hokage, meaning she is the strongest ninja in the village, meaning stronger than Kakashi, and Yamato or Gai, the only person who was stronger than her was Jiraya and he didn't want the position.

So can you honestly say Sakura is stronger than Kakash or Gai, or Kurenai, or Yamato? Which is what you'd be saying if you said she has reached the same level as her master. With Naruto and Sasuke they have both reached Kage level, Specially Naruto who has already beatan Two Kage's, Gaara and Negato, are/were Kage of their village. Orichiaru was kage of Sound Village.

If you want me to compare her to other female Ninja's then give me an example of who she is stronger than? Only female she's faught is Ino and that was a draw. I'm sorry but you have still not given me any reason to believe Sakura is at that level yet. Being able to produce an earthquake is cool an all but doesn't isn't proof of anything, And talking about an Eight year old Ino is even a worst argument. So she stood up to some bullies when she was a kid in her first year at the academy taking Kiniochi class, where they didn't even teach you to become a Ninja yet.

iAnby7W.gif

#37 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:06 AM

, And talking about an Eight year old Ino is even a worst argument. So she stood up to some bullies when she was a kid in her first year at the academy taking Kiniochi class, where they didn't even teach you to become a Ninja yet.

That means she pretty strong if she took a girl out when she was eight years old. I mean she took the girl down with a flower for god shake. How is that a worst argument?

#38 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 18 2009, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That means she pretty strong if she took a girl out when she was eight years old. I mean she took the girl down with a flower for god shake. How is that a worst argument?

8 years old.

Kunoichi school, basic ninja training... no ninjutsu/taijutsu/genjutsu training yet. I'd say that's a pretty bad argument. Anybody can throw a flower and use it as a weapon. facepalm.png

#39 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:10 AM

Well back on topic...

Shikamaru has alot more ambition now true, though just because he is a genius and has ambition, will not get him anywhere near the strength of a hokage. You can't just slap the hokage title onto an intelligent ninja, and expet him to be a good one. Smart? Yeah, not strong enough to protect the village like Naruto or those that came before him though.

So yes, I admit an awesome character, and a true genious... just nowhere near hokage.

Also, was the P.S. directed at me? I don't remember comparing Sakura and Shikamaru. I know she has some training to do, I'm awaitng the Sakura arc we were promised.( I strongly believe it to be coming soon)...

Yay for adressing her feelings for Sasuke amirite? biggrin.gif

Edited by Wolfheart, 19 June 2009 - 03:15 AM.

#40 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:30 AM

No Wolfheart the PS was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the argument that Sakura is also at the same level as the sannin. Ofcourse intelligence can get you to the level of Kage, remember the Third Hokage? He was known as a Professor so he got to where he was because of his strength and intelligence. Shikamaru is capable of reaching that level if he put in the hours to built up his stmina and chakra levels. He's not even close to that level yet but lets face it he managed to reach Chunin via very little work, if he worked hard, who knows how strong he might end up.

And RyrineaHaruno using an eight year old as an argument is a dreadful example, She beat up a nameless girl who has had close to no ninja training, yet Ino has probably learnt the basics from her father. That's like saying Naruto is never going to reach Kage level because he failed the academy end of year exam three years in a row, or Sakura will never be a strong Koniochi because she couldn't stand up to some bullies when he was a little kid. At Eight Kakashi was alreay a Genin (or was it Chunnin?) and Naruto was the Dobe, yet add another eight years and Naruto can summon giant toads, is the Toad Sage, has a move that makes the Chidori look like a D-Rank Jutsu and is all all round stronger than Kaskashi was when he was sixteen.

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users