LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:20 AM

Let's just say it was like a civil war was taking place on the wiki. Some people were in different, some people loved it, and some hated it. Some didn't know how to feel. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#22 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:27 AM

Let's just say it was like a civil war was taking place on the wiki. Some people were in different, some people loved it, and some hated it. Some didn't know how to feel. 

So in the end Kishi failed to resolve all of his manga's plot points. His thematic message of solidarity through understanding failed to leave an impression on the readers who are now tearing each other part over the inanity of his mess. How wonderful! 

It must take a lot of bravery and resilience to venture into that cesspool. 

#23 DJSparty

DJSparty

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:35 AM

It's not about videos... its about sending a message.

post-51553-joker-its-about-sending-a-mes

#24 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

Thought I'd share this story with you guys,  So I got my cousin Ria into Naruto the week before 699 and 700. She needed something to read so I recommended Naruto, and throughout the series even Part II, she shipped NaruHina and SasuSaku because they look cute together. However she told me even though they look great together, the most logical choice is NaruSaku because of the development throughout the manga. By the time she got to Minato's comment and the CPR scene she was sold on the idea that NaruSaku is gonna be canon because of the development and the story was leading there. The scene with Sasuke stabbing Sakura with the genjutsu didn't upset her cause it solidified that SasuSaku wasn't gonna happen. Like I said before my cousin was okay with that.  Then this morning 6:00 am I got a text from Ria on her thoughts regarding the ending. 

She told me the ending really contradicts themes, and morals the series setup. How the hell does Sasuke in 698 say that he views Team 7 as his family, and suddenly in 699 tell Sakura "I'll come back for you.". Same thing with Sakura all of her development throughout the story suddenly drops her back to the beginning. It doesn't make any sense for SasuSaku to happen. Then with Naruto who vows to never give up, and said he'll do whatever it takes to get Sakura's love. Suddenly he ends up with Hinata. Ria went on saying "That NaruHina kinda makes sense, but it still goes against Naruto's character about never giving up." Plus she felt like there should've been more moments for NaruHina to be more believable, and how she viewed SasuSaku as an abusive relationship. She hated the ending so much that the manga for her ends at Chapter 698.

Again my cousin is a NH/SS shipper, and even she knows that this ending is kitten, and how it should've been NaruSaku due to the development and where the story was going.  

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#25 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

This post is just aweeesome. This is a true Naruto fan if you ask me. Btw, you know this tumblr user, JamesCassidy- you've commented on her blog before.

http://sixfootdeep.t...ynopsis-for-the

Oh no, I sat down and read the synopsis for The Last.

Why would Kishimoto allow this to be the final movie instalment? Even from an objective standpoint it’s kittening on canon. Like. It’s openly kittening on canon and being proud of it.  Rectonning canon things and I can’t.

Basically it massacres Naruto’s character at specific points. It assassinates it.

I’m gonna rant a bit. Spoilers below! Might want to skip this. I like Naruto/Hinata, for the record. But I wanted it to be done well, and with respect.

It obviously hasn’t been. So. Venting. 

Here’s the thing.

It reduces his love for Sakura to a competitive crush, implying that the times he stood by her and helped her and cared for her over the course of 699 chapters and past hell and high water had little to do with how he felt for her and everything to do with a petty jealousy over how she felt for Sasuke. Like. Haha. Sakura says: you only liked me because I liked Sasuke, right?? Sure sure. He went to the ends of the earth for this girl because she liked another dude and we can’t have that. MUST! HAVE! RIVALRY! WITH! SASUKE! IN! EVERYTHING!

(Now, the obvious eventual answer to this is a threesome, but okay, no, can’t have that! Think of the kids.)

kitten you Studio Pierrot for reducing Naruto’s character to that. 

kitten YOU and the horse you rode in on but actually no, I like that horse, I feel like that horse is all of the fans who spent money on Naruto up to this point, who kept you going and going even when you dug those kittening spurs in and made us bleed because WE HAD HOPE, WE BELIEVED IN YOU and we don’t actually deserve it so just kitten YOU.

With a rusty screwdriver.

kitten you for making him a misogynistic kittenwit, like your entire studio, like Kishimoto, because Naruto was never about that. It’s disgusting. It’s made me dislike Naruto’s character.  Naruto’s character was what kept me hooked on this series for over a kittening decade in the face of the rest of that canon drivel but you’ve gone and kitten all over that with one solid push. Good job.

Now wipe your ass and get the kitten out.

I would dislike any male character on principle, if he had that response, if he was subconsciously liking a girl and treating a girl as a prize or a ‘thing’, if he ‘wanted’ just because she wanted someone else. Do you know how childish that is? How absolutely immature and disrespectful that is?

THIS IS THE RESPONSE TODDLERS FEEL WHEN SOMEONE ELSE HAS A TOY THEY WANT. 

THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE REDUCED NARUTO TO. To reduce Naruto to THIS, to reduce the affection and care he had for Sakura over the course of canon years, to reduce any character to this is beyond insulting to what (little) integrity he had left.

I am mad. I didn’t think they would mangle him that much. I really did not. (Also, Sakura’s whole ‘Hinata should be with Naruto because Hinata is cool and smart and Naruto’s so dumb lolol someone needs to balance that out!’ W O W. Sakura from Road to Ninja makes a return!)

I wanted to enjoy the romantic moments between Naruto and Hinata. I loved the idea of them. NO BUT hear me out! This is fanservice at its finest and I’m all for a little fanservice now and then ok? There is naked back touching and water hand drinking HINATA DRINKING OUT OF NARUTO’S HAND SHHH, I like that and THINGS. THERE IS A KISS. AN ACTUAL KISS CAN YOU IMAGINE? Naruto. Kissing. Anyone. (that’s not Sasuke) Amazing. As a Naruhina fan, trust me, I was dying to hear/see this. Because ye, I like Naruhina. I like it, so I wanted to revel in them.

But not like this. Lmao, kitten this. GIVE ME NARUHINA BUT GIVE IT TO ME DONE RIGHT. RESPECT THE CANON THAT CAME BEFORE IT. RESPECT THEIR CHARACTERS. If you need to mangle things this much in order to make it canon then you don’t know how to write a story worth kitten. Because this could have been done with respect.

I think that’s what pisses me off most of all.

This could have been done with respect.

This could have been done respect for canon, without the retconning and the character assassinations, it could have been done WELL on top of that. They could have made this meaningful and amazing, because the GROUNDWORK WAS THERE. They literally did not have reach this much and this kittening hard for it because the foundation was there. The potential WAS THERE.

Instead, they sell out, they pander, they aim for so much fanservice that it’s in danger of sending people into a diabetic coma. They obviously aimed at marketing in every way possible (have you seen the posters and flyers all over Japan? How eager are they to make as much money as they can off of this by shoving it in children’s faces, everywhere?) and to do it, they have to kitten with canon. To make it really clear!! To the three yr olds!! In the audience!! THIS IS WHO NARUTO LOVES NOW OK AND ALSO HE IS A MISOGYNISTIC kittenWIT OK?? OK. AND HINATA IS THE REAL NINJA JESUS. ALSO HAVE YOU HEARD THIS SONG HER VA RELEASED ISN’T IT AMAZING? AND HERE HAVE THIS HINATA CLOCK AS WELL. IT SOUNDS JUST LIKE HER.

tell ur friends plz plz tell ur friends we need ur monies…

Studio Pierrot, did you even read Naruto canon?

And I’m sorry, if you support this steaming pile of crap they call a movie and honestly think ‘yesss, this is good writing’, then you can unfollow me right now. Seriously. Unfollow. Please. Save us both this pain.

…on the flip side, I was right about the timeskip to showcase the kids in the end. Predictable, Studio Pierrot. So kittening predictable.

Hats off to you though, I didn’t think you’d sink this low but you managed it.

I hope it bombs. I hope it bombs hard. Writing this bad doesn’t deserve to profit.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#26 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:33 AM

The same tumblr user from the previous post just replied back to me.

I think I’m so pissed off because NaruHina  was my OTP, way back when. Most have no idea how much I shipped them and while that calmed down over the years, it never died and I have always loved their canon interactions and I love, LOVE their potential. I could wax happy about them forever, in spite of the criticisms I’ve heard, I do think they fit and I do think they work and I do think they could (and can) be so happy and complete together THEY ARE SILLY DORKS I LOVE IT but.

This. Movie. This. kittenfest. This absolute mangling of everything in canon. They took a pairing that had potential and then they went about the literal worst way of making that happen. I never even touched on making Hinata the Movie Filler Princess because that was another 3 pages of ranting. I don’t think I was ‘standing up’ to anybody tbh but I was and will state my option as someone who likes this ship.  

There are good moments in this movie, there are! (Or from what I’ve read there seem to be.) The trouble is that they’re way overshadowed by the cesspit that makes up the rest of the movie and I can’t get over that stink to enjoy it overall.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#27 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

This has to be my favorite thread. Also, James when do you plan on releasing your video?

#28 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:18 AM

Very Positive Japoneses Fans Reaction to SS:

tumblr_nfz2fjVfnm1s3jnxpo1_1280.jpg

bBdXccZ.jpg[/QUOTE]

Re: forehead poke screenshot

A TV program that discussed the result of the team 7 triangle…
(2ch has been talking about this)
Interestingly they referred to the forehead poke (that was also between Itachi and Sasuke) as “the ultimate display of affection”

(*^^*)

On the special program 『THE LAST-NARUTO THE MOVIE-完全ガイド ~修業篇~』 that just ended on Tv Tokyo, they talked about SasuSaku and the forehead touch in 699 was described as “究極の愛情表現”, “The ultimate expression of love” for Sasuke.

Edited by Therece, 03 December 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#29 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:21 AM

Very Positive Japoneses Fans Reaction to SS:

tumblr_nfz2fjVfnm1s3jnxpo1_1280.jpg

bBdXccZ.jpg[/QUOTE]

Re: forehead poke screenshot

A TV program that discussed the result of the team 7 triangle…
(2ch has been talking about this)
Interestingly they referred to the forehead poke (that was also between Itachi and Sasuke) as “the ultimate display of affection”

(*^^*)

by dec4rhapsody (SasuSaku FC “Thank you”)

On the special program 『THE LAST-NARUTO THE MOVIE-完全ガイド ~修業篇~』 that just ended on Tv Tokyo, they talked about SasuSaku and the forehead touch in 699 was described as “究極の愛情表現”, “The ultimate expression of love” for Sasuke. - takl

Either you don't know how to read b/c you ignored the purpose of this thread or you're a troll.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#30 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:26 AM

Either you don't know how to read b/c you ignored the purpose of this thread or you're a troll.

Not. This Topic is about how Fans reacted to SS/NH
Or only bad reactions are allowed?

This is very important since this is  a reaction from a Japanese TV program

#31 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:27 AM

Anonymous asked: I'm a NH shipper, and I know the movie is going to suck. Where's Team 7? Taka? Other characters? How did other canon couples happen? No resolution other than how NH became. I don't want to be anti, but if NH was rly developed, why need a movie to explain how he fall in love for the 1st time? I rly don't want to hate on H at all, but I much rather have some T7 bonding rather than a f-ing love story. Sry 4 anon, I'm not in it with NH Fandom right now. I care about characters rather than ships.

Thanks for being civil anon

During these hard times tension might be at an all time high. Still there are things I hope most can come to agree with.

About the resolution of the romance subplot I agree with you Anon it is, and I realize I am being dramatic here, a betrayal for pretty much any part of the fandom whom cared to see it resolved. I feel like if this ending popped up on FF.net it would get zero reviews,

Most of my irritation of course is not aimed at any particular fandom, though I’ve had my battles ove the years, but at Kishimoto for not only the ending but for most of the stuff leading up to ending as well.

The fights have been lackluster for years, I have my problem with Sasuke’s character. Kaguya was a big “wtf” final villain IMO, etc etc

Sigh

It was just bad all around

http://bodegacowboy.tumblr.com/

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#32 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

The OP said this:

I want to do a video about the NH and SS fans that didn't like the ending or the movie at all. I would like if you could to give me evidence of known SS and Nh fans who hated both the ending and movie and shown their reations to it. I will edit out names to keep anonymity, but if you all could I would like some help with this.

"Negative reactions"

Don't you know how to read ?

Edited by Nar123, 03 December 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#33 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

Anyway

This is very important since this is  a reaction from a Japanese TV program.

Not an opinion from a random persons in western fandom..

Edited by Therece, 03 December 2014 - 02:29 AM.

#34 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:31 AM

I want to do a video about the NH and SS fans that didn't like the ending or the movie at all. I would like if you could to give me evidence of known SS and Nh fans who hated both the ending and movie and shown their reations to it. I will edit out names to keep anonymity, but if you all could I would like some help with this.

He says fans that did not like the ending. Yeah, I've seen that reaction. I can't believe they said that :down:

Sorry if I accused you being of a troll :sweat:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#35 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:32 AM

Anyway

This is very important since this is  a reaction from a Japanese TV program.

Not an opinion from a random persons in western fandom..

also, do you really think a jap. tv progam will talk kitten about kishi's ending ? I don't doubt they would say similar things about NS if made canon.

Seriously, this kind of programs willl only hype the ending in anyway possible

#36 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

Thought I'd share this story with you guys,  So I got my cousin Ria into Naruto the week before 699 and 700. She needed something to read so I recommended Naruto, and throughout the series even Part II, she shipped NaruHina and SasuSaku because they look cute together. However she told me even though they look great together, the most logical choice is NaruSaku because of the development throughout the manga. By the time she got to Minato's comment and the CPR scene she was sold on the idea that NaruSaku is gonna be canon because of the development and the story was leading there. The scene with Sasuke stabbing Sakura with the genjutsu didn't upset her cause it solidified that SasuSaku wasn't gonna happen. Like I said before my cousin was okay with that.  Then this morning 6:00 am I got a text from Ria on her thoughts regarding the ending. 

She told me the ending really contradicts themes, and morals the series setup. How the hell does Sasuke in 698 say that he views Team 7 as his family, and suddenly in 699 tell Sakura "I'll come back for you.". Same thing with Sakura all of her development throughout the story suddenly drops her back to the beginning. It doesn't make any sense for SasuSaku to happen. Then with Naruto who vows to never give up, and said he'll do whatever it takes to get Sakura's love. Suddenly he ends up with Hinata. Ria went on saying "That NaruHina kinda makes sense, but it still goes against Naruto's character about never giving up." Plus she felt like there should've been more moments for NaruHina to be more believable, and how she viewed SasuSaku as an abusive relationship. She hated the ending so much that the manga for her ends at Chapter 698.

Again my cousin is a NH/SS shipper, and even she knows that this ending is kitten, and how it should've been NaruSaku due to the development and where the story was going.  

YEAH!! Like NaruHina and SasuSaku are cute pairings in fandom but IN CANON the one that made the most sense was NaruSaku.
NARUSAKU MOTHERF*CKERS! I could write essays of why the "canon" pairings didn't make sense due to morals ot lack of development. kittenmoto already had the movie planned so he felt ok doing the asspull ending thinking we were all going to see (or accept) the movie's sudden explanation on how NH/SS happened.
It's lazy bad writing and an obvious sell-out.

#37 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:44 AM

You do realize that they are only allowed to show good reactions on tv right? because they need to sell the movie. If people where saying or expressing what they feel like "this sucks ass" it would not do the movie any favors.

#38 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:26 AM

You do realize that they are only allowed to show good reactions on tv right? because they need to sell the movie. If people where saying or expressing what they feel like "this sucks ass" it would not do the movie any favors.

This isn't a SasuSaku movie. It's a NH movie.

Speak bad about SS won't affect the movie since SS isn't present second the spoilers

They are talking only about manga especially chapter 699/700 not about the movie.

Anyway SS is very popular in Japan. The last time i checked SS is the most famous hetero couple.
Isn't a surprise Japanese fans liked the SS canon in the end

NH sucks in Japan. NS is much more popular. It's ridiculous an entire  movie about them

Edited by Therece, 03 December 2014 - 03:31 AM.

#39 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:39 AM

This isn't a SasuSaku movie. It's a NH movie.

Speak bad about SS won't affect the movie since SS isn't present second the spoilers

They are talking only about manga especially chapter 699/700 not about the movie.

Anyway SS is very popular in Japan. The last time i checked SS is the most famous hetero couple.
Isn't a surprise Japanese fans liked the SS canon in the end

NH sucks in Japan. NS is much more popular. It's ridiculous an entire  movie about them

People base themselves on this because of the polls that they did, also people tend to ship things in a theoric way but when it comes to practice it does not translate that well.
Still, same thing applies. They will talk wonders about it because they need to sell the product.

#40 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

I got one...

"Yeah, even as someone who likes naruhina, this movie has be the absolute worst way to end off the characters we love. Denying that Naruto had at least something for Sakura is complete BS in every way, and Naruto comes off as a major jerk IMO."

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users