Thundercats!

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#61 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 5 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um SakuraBlossom you posted three times in a row and you're supposed to be a mod. tongue.gif

EDIT: I'm in love with your story! wow.png

It was probably a glitch when I posted. I only posted once. And thanks! I'm glad you liked my story! ^^
Working on chap 3 now =3

#62 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 5 2011, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've started writing Lion-O/Cheetara stories, hope you guys will check them out ^^

http://www.fanfictio...les_of_Thundera

Ok so that was your story I saw on there. Nice....lol

I have one posted also.

http://www.fanfictio.../1/The_New_King

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#63 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Sep 5 2011, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have one posted also.

Your story is nice too! wow.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#64 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:11 AM

Interestingly, I've read that Cheetara's eyes glow at times whenever Lion-O calls for her or when he does his Thundercats Hooo! cry. Apparently it's a measure of loyalty towards Lion-O or something.

Happens at 7:38.

Although, I must still wonder what lesson Lion-O took from Emerick's words when he brazenly charged out on a suicidal charge against the Lizards. Emerick's moral was to live your life to the fullest and do something meaningful. Charging towards the army to die and accomplish nothing isn't really in line with that. rolleyes.gif

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 06 September 2011 - 02:20 AM.

#65 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Sep 5 2011, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have one posted also.

I thought that was you tongue.gif

Your fic is simply amazing! Very well-written =3

#66 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:25 PM

Although, I must still wonder what lesson Lion-O took from Emerick's words when he brazenly charged out on a suicidal charge against the Lizards. Emerick's moral was to live your life to the fullest and do something meaningful. Charging towards the army to die and accomplish nothing isn't really in line with th

The lesson there was that eventually to live a full life you have to take a stand and draw the line. Eventually you have to say were through running and now we fight back. And who says youll accomplish nothing? sometimes a desperate seemingly suicidal counter attack can have amazing results.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#67 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Sep 8 2011, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The lesson there was that eventually to live a full life you have to take a stand and draw the line. Eventually you have to say were through running and now we fight back. And who says youll accomplish nothing? sometimes a desperate seemingly suicidal counter attack can have amazing results.

With no one to witness your suicidal charge but the enemies. Enemies that have been oppressed by the Cats who'll most likely have the enjoyment of taking their revenge:

"So, that was an epic charge by those Cats," says one admiring Lizard.

"Psh, yeah, so admirable, but Bam! They're being admirable so spread out all over those trees. I get the fancy whip!"

"I want the sword!"

And so, the great civilization of the Thundercats ended with the suicidal charge of the young King Lion-O, his fateful Cleric and brother, two kittens, and their pet.

a_thumbs.gif

#68 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 8 2011, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought that was you tongue.gif

Your fic is simply amazing! Very well-written =3

wub.gif Thanks Sakura-Sama, I try my best. ^^ I'm glad you enjoyed it.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 8 2011, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With no one to witness your suicidal charge but the enemies. Enemies that have been oppressed by the Cats who'll most likely have the enjoyment of taking their revenge:

"So, that was an epic charge by those Cats," says one admiring Lizard.

"Psh, yeah, so admirable, but Bam! They're being admirable so spread out all over those trees. I get the fancy whip!"

"I want the sword!"

And so, the great civilization of the Thundercats ended with the suicidal charge of the young King Lion-O, his fateful Cleric and brother, two kittens, and their pet.

a_thumbs.gif

Well, they still won the day and I think you're missing the point of the whole act. In the midst of impossible odds one should still never lose hope. If they kept running Panthro wouldn't have never have found them. Not without the Cat Signal. And they'd would have probably died from exhaustion through keeping such a horrendous pace or the continued running would have made them sloppy and the lizards would have caught them in their sleep. The lizards wouldn't stop coming for them and they weren't going to get away. The only option they could do was take their chances against their enemies while they were still able to fight. Unless you can think of a better option for them in that situation?

#69 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Sep 8 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, they still won the day and I think you're missing the point of the whole act. In the midst of impossible odds one should still never lose hope. If they kept running Panthro wouldn't have never have found them. Not without the Cat Signal. And they'd would have probably died from exhaustion through keeping such a horrendous pace or the continued running would have made them sloppy and the lizards would have caught them in their sleep. The lizards wouldn't stop coming for them and they weren't going to get away. The only option they could do was take their chances against their enemies while they were still able to fight. Unless you can think of a better option for them in that situation?

For one thing, Panthro's arrival was a deus ex machina, a good way to introduce him, but a deus ex machina nonetheless. I wouldn't be fussing about it so much if they had gone about the battle with more caution. Hell, I did kinda expected them to fight back, but not by brazenly charging into a clearing. They have Cheetara, a good warrior who knows how to use her super speed and Tygra who's proving to be a good aim with his pistol and has the ability to cloak himself. They were surrounded by dense vegetation and could've used some guerrilla warfare to take them down (which was what I was expecting). Have Cheetara run out, take out a few of those soldiers and run rings around them while Tygra and possibly Lion-O try to disable the War Mechs. Heck, the Thunderkittens could've aided in distracting them all with a few rocks and their own small size. Then Panthro could've driven in with the ThunderTank kinda amazed at what 3 young adults and 2 kittens managed to do.

So there, is that a better option? hm.png

In the end, chalk it up to Lion-O's inexperience as a leader.

#70 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 8 2011, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For one thing, Panthro's arrival was a deus ex machina, a good way to introduce him, but a deus ex machina nonetheless. I wouldn't be fussing about it so much if they had gone about the battle with more caution. Hell, I did kinda expected them to fight back, but not by brazenly charging into a clearing. They have Cheetara, a good warrior who knows how to use her super speed and Tygra who's proving to be a good aim with his pistol and has the ability to cloak himself. They were surrounded by dense vegetation and could've used some guerrilla warfare to take them down (which was what I was expecting). Have Cheetara run out, take out a few of those soldiers and run rings around them while Tygra and possibly Lion-O try to disable the War Mechs. Heck, the Thunderkittens could've aided in distracting them all with a few rocks and their own small size. Then Panthro could've driven in with the ThunderTank kinda amazed at what 3 young adults and 2 kittens managed to do.

So there, is that a better option? hm.png

In the end, chalk it up to Lion-O's inexperience as a leader.

Actually no. It wouldn't have still ended up in the same situation. All the guerrilla warfare in the world wasn't going to even up the odds with all the mechas the Lizards had on their side. With no adequate explosives at their disposal like what Lion-O did in the pilot. Plus the Lizards weren't coming in after them, they were very content on letting the fire do the work. Also (just like in Naruto) if they were going to set up any type of ambushes they would have to have prepared the grounds for it way in advance, before the Lizard army even approached the field. There was no real preparation time for anything like that. To be honest if the Lizards didn't have the mechas on their side they probably wouldn't have needed Panthro's entrance.

Edited by No WhereMan, 08 September 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#71 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Sep 8 2011, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually no. It wouldn't have still ended up in the same situation. All the guerrilla warfare in the world wasn't going to even up the odds with all the mechas the Lizards had on their side. With no adequate explosives at their disposal like what Lion-O did in the pilot. Plus the Lizards weren't coming in after them, they were very content on letting the fire do the work. Also (just like in Naruto) if they were going to set up any type of ambushes they would have to have prepared the grounds for it way in advance, before the Lizard army even approached the field. There was no real preparation time for anything like that. To be honest if the Lizards didn't have the mechas on their side they probably wouldn't have needed Panthro's entrance.

And considering the Lizards weren't even chasing after them during the fire, they could've used that time to quietly slip out into the darkness. Besides, even without explosives, we saw Claudus use The Sword of Omens as an incredible weapon. We've also seen Lion-O use it as well as his father. IIRC, there weren't even that many War Mechs that they brought along, only 4 at the most. Cheetara's a cleric, a good one, so she knows magic and it works well against the Mechs as we saw in the Pilot. The rest of the Thundercats can stay within the trees, using Tygra's blaster to take down a few while Cheetara uses her magic against the Mechs or do the ol' run in between and have 'em shoot each other maneuver. Then the rest can reveal themselves and take out the grunts.

"Living life to the fullest" does not equate to charging out in the open and get yourself killed. Considering he saw Teen!Emerick do the same thing hours ago when he charged at that bird and even chastised Emerick for being impulsive (even saying 'teenagers...'), it's hard to see what kind of good they'll do. With them dead, who'll defeat Mumm-Ra? I'm surprised Tygra didn't snark at their suicidal charge.
Though again, young king here.

#72 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 8 2011, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And considering the Lizards weren't even chasing after them during the fire, they could've used that time to quietly slip out into the darkness. Besides, even without explosives, we saw Claudus use The Sword of Omens as an incredible weapon. We've also seen Lion-O use it as well as his father. IIRC, there weren't even that many War Mechs that they brought along, only 4 at the most. Cheetara's a cleric, a good one, so she knows magic and it works well against the Mechs as we saw in the Pilot. The rest of the Thundercats can stay within the trees, using Tygra's blaster to take down a few while Cheetara uses her magic against the Mechs or do the ol' run in between and have 'em shoot each other maneuver. Then the rest can reveal themselves and take out the grunts.

Ok, this is going to be my last post on this, because I don't want this to drag on and we're not going to agree anyway. Escape wasn't going to be an option we established this already, before. Even you acknowledged that you figured they would fight. So now going back and saying to slip out into the darkness, is kinda of counter conducive to your original statement. But moving on yes Claudus did use the Sword of Omens very well. That same episode Claudus was also trapped like the rest of his army by a pack of Mechas. You saying fighting against 4 mecha isn't a lot, like a person fighting mecha is an everyday occurrence. With double barrels of energy blasters on each shoulder, with a longer range to fire from and a higher caliber of weapon discharge. If anything all the Gundam shows have shown us, that regular people fighting Mecha isn't an easy thing. It's damn near close to impossible.

And if they decided to climb up into a tree and use the one blaster they had to somehow snipe the soldiers. Any half-decent mecha pilot would have sent a volley of blasts in the general area of the tree line. That sniper, wouldn't be causing any more problems.

Yes, Cheetara is a cleric. And yes we saw a cleric use a lightning attack on the Mechas in the first episode. That cleric of course was Jaga, the head cleric and the only cleric that displayed that power. All the other clerics used speed and their fighting prowess to disable the soldiers in the lizards army. They also called Jaga a wizard, i think that lightning attack might have something to do with it. To say Cheetara could somehow call upon magical powers she's never displayed before in any of the previous episodes, is ludicrous.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 8 2011, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Living life to the fullest" does not equate to charging out in the open and get yourself killed. Considering he saw Teen!Emerick do the same thing hours ago when he charged at that bird and even chastised Emerick for being impulsive (even saying 'teenagers...'), it's hard to see what kind of good they'll do. With them dead, who'll defeat Mumm-Ra? I'm surprised Tygra didn't snark at their suicidal charge.
Though again, young king here.

Actually it's funny, thinking about the episode more. What the Petalars did when they charged against the Lizards that captured the Thundercats, actually parallels what the thundercats did when they charged the lizards at the end. Interesting comparison.

#73 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

Actually, Cheetara's profile describes her as a powerful magician. 'Nuf said.

In the end, what I have an issue with is how they went about with that ridiculous suicidal charge. I almost banged my head against the wall when I saw that scene. There could've been better ways to tackle those lizards and charging in the open isn't one of them. This isn't Gundam, the lizards probably haven't had much practice with Technology (which neatly explains why they kept missing whenever they fired, to a point at least.) so they may not be as proficient with their War Mechs as well.

But then again, young, impulsive king in charge here.

And yes, I still like this show, but I've noticed that Lion-O tended to switch between having great insight and acting kinda childish. Then I remember, he's barely an adult anyway, so it's in character.

#74 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:59 AM

Just watched the newest episode and homg...CANDY!CRACK WINS! >:D

#75 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 28 2011, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just watched the newest episode and homg...CANDY!CRACK WINS! >:D

I'm mad I haven't been able to watch the new episode yet. Luckily I found a place to download it finally. I should be able to check it out tonight when I get home from work. I've heard of the candy-fruit crack. I'm looking forward to that seeing that. ^^

Edited by No WhereMan, 31 October 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#76 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Oct 31 2011, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm mad I haven't been able to watch the new episode yet. Luckily I found a place to download it finally. I should be able to check it out tonight when I get home from work. I've heard of the candy-fruit crack. I'm looking forward to that seeing that. ^^

Lol, ho man that candy!crack was hi-lar-ious XDD

You can watch it on Youtube if you don't want to wait for it to download =3

Lol, and I'm curious to know just what you heard about this 'crack-licious' ep =p

#77 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 31 2011, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, ho man that candy!crack was hi-lar-ious XDD

You can watch it on Youtube if you don't want to wait for it to download =3

Honestly, I would look at it right now, but I'm at work and they frown on things like that.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 31 2011, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, and I'm curious to know just what you heard about this 'crack-licious' ep =p

I just know about the Robears or Berbills, from the original series is featured. Also heard that the WillyKittens might need to be checked into rehab after the episode for withdraw from candyfruits. And at animated as they've made the kits this go round, I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Edited by No WhereMan, 31 October 2011 - 08:35 PM.

#78 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

So, what happened anyway? They kinda just stopped showing new episodes then suddenly started again. They went on a mid-season break/hiatus like Doctor Who did?

#79 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Oct 31 2011, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, what happened anyway? They kinda just stopped showing new episodes then suddenly started again. They went on a mid-season break/hiatus like Doctor Who did?

Started up again last Friday.

Edited by No WhereMan, 31 October 2011 - 11:45 PM.

#80 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

Finally got to watch it. OMG, the kittens steal the show again.

I like how they made the videogame bleep sound when they moved under the effects of the Candy-fruit. Dude their eyes when they get a hit, is hilarious. It's nice to see that the developers are having so much fun with this. Only gripe, lack of Lion-O/Cheetara this episode. sad.gif

Edited by No WhereMan, 01 November 2011 - 10:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users