#41 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 5 2012, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, I thought you were telling me not to complain because Kishi will explain everything this chapter. Where's my explanation?! Obito is going what he did because of Rin dying? Well....that's pathetic. The only good pages in this chapter were the last 2. Obito mixing his Fire Jutsu and Kamui and MADARA MOTHERFLIPPING UCHIHA showing up.

Dear Team Naruto, you're officially screwed now. Better hope Sasuke brings back Prime Hiruzen or something. xD

It's going to take time and a couple of chapters Kishi is slowly building up the moment we have to be patient.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#42 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

I think Rin death alone is not the only reason for Obito to turn bad, that would be shallow. I'm starting to think that the theory I have been hearing is true, that Madara found Obito under that rock and saved him, trained him as his pupil to carry on his plans, Madara showed him all the truth about the shinobi world, wich drastically changed Obito point of view, and when Rin died, it was the catalyst that drove him off the edge.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#43 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

I wonder how Naruto would react if he knew more about what was happening.

Would he question what he would do if Sakura died?
Would he have a Gaara moment where he realized that something saved him from this path?
Would he have another "die together" speech?

In many ways Kishi keeps using these similer teams to show what could have happened to Naruto.
They have there differences but it's always clear which one most resembles Naruto.

With Team Jiriaya it was Nagato, with Team Sarutobi it was Jiraiya, with team Minato it was Obito.
All of the parallel teams have given a tragic view of what could have happened to Naruto, and have also new challenges to overcome.

Nagato was corrupted by hatred. Jiraiya never confessed to Tsunade and also never completed Sage Mode. With Obito however, it's similer to Nagato. Obito lost the girl he loved, as opposed to his best friend, and his moon's eye plan is the result.

Interestingly enough I have noticed that almost all protagonist/antogonist-type Uchiha/Senju descendants have always wanted peace. My theory is that eventually it will take a Senju and an Uchiha descendant to bring peace.

After all, would it really seem right that Senju triumphs over the evil Uchiha? Wouldn't make much sense to me. It would just be family killing family, and that's never good.

Now the question I pose is this : If my theory is correct, will it be Obito or Sasuke that Naruto teams up with to bring "true peace".

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#44 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

I don't think Obito's motivation is shallow or pathetic at all, especially since I think it was just a tipping point Madara used to warp his thinking.

The death of a loved one is what has been driving almost all of the major villains in this series - Orochimaru (dead parents which snowballed), Sasuke (dead family), Nagato/Pein (dead parents/teammate) - only with Madara do we not have a sob story yet.

Also, I think its significant that Obito is not looking for revenge - he's not blaming Kakashi, as he said. He blames reality - he has become completely disillusioned (again, something Madara likely had a large hand in), and is looking for a way to spare people the harsh reality of life by controlling them completely. It's twisted, but its not really a horrible goal, per say (like slaughtering everyone to feel your pain for example) - he wants to alleviate everyone's suffering, he just doesn't care about how he reaches the ultimate result. Very much like Nagato.

I agree that Sakura may play a role soon - perhaps if she heals Naruto when she first arrives to the battlefield, Obito will flashback and compare them to him and Rin - where he'll go from there is anyone's guess. Lashing out, using Sakura against Naruto - maybe to make him understand his point of view, to teach him a lesson about the way he sees reality now?

Either way, I'm pretty excited that Madara showed up at the end - should be building up to something truly awesome; though it is becoming more and more likely now that Sasuke will be the final villain (which, I dunno, to me seems kind of :/ )

Edited by Paptala, 05 September 2012 - 11:51 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#45 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hah, wooow, I love how obvious everything that has happened has been so far.

#46 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

If Naruto turns Obito good, i'm going to kill Kishi.

#47 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Although it would be interesting if Sakura was brought up, I don't think it will happen. =\
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#48 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 5 2012, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Naruto turns Obito good, i'm going to kill Kishi.

But Obito is good, all he wants is peace.

If Naruto simply gave him another way to bring peace with ultimate power, then Obito would most likely use that way instead.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#49 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Sep 5 2012, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although it would be interesting if Sakura was brought up, I don't think it will happen. =\

Agreed, at best, Obito will talk about his past and Naruto might relate to it thinking about his current relationship with Sakura.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#50 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Sep 5 2012, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see no reason for it not to be. Its pretty clear Kishi is doing a Parallel here with Naruto and Obito.

I agree with Alexander.

Edited by Living Lavish, 05 September 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#51 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Kishimoto, the King of Flashbacks and Emperor of Parallels. He's also owns the Official Sasuke Fangirl Club.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#52 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Sep 5 2012, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see no reason for it not to be. Its pretty clear Kishi is doing a Parallel here with Naruto and Obito.

I agree with Alexander.

Agree with your reply to her.

#53 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Well this part of the story seems to be more about Obito and Kakashi, it sounds like a personal issue between them, at least for now.

Edited by Nefertieh, 05 September 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#54 rockwill

rockwill

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Why does history keep repeating its self with the love stories. obito turns evil with the loss of rin. jiraiya got turned down by Tsunade and died when they were finally connecting and naruto's parents die protecting their son. Maybe it's just a bunch of foreshadowing about what naruto will due to become better at relationships then what they did.

And by the way do you guys remember itachi's speech to naruto about relying on others or else he will be come like tobi i bet itachi knew all along why else would he mention that to naruto?

#55 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Sep 5 2012, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Obito is good, all he wants is peace.

If Naruto simply gave him another way to bring peace with ultimate power, then Obito would most likely use that way instead.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and NO! I don't want another changed bad guy, especially not Obito. This is the guy who killed Konan,manipulated Sasuke,Nagato and Yahiko and started a world war. If he turns good i'm dropping this manga.

#56 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (rockwill @ Sep 5 2012, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does history keep repeating its self with the love stories. obito turns evil with the loss of rin. jiraiya got turned down by Tsunade and died when they were finally connecting and naruto's parents die protecting their son. Maybe it's just a bunch of foreshadowing about what naruto will due to become better at relationships then what they did.

And by the way do you guys remember itachi's speech to naruto about relying on others or else he will be come like tobi i bet itachi knew all along why else would he mention that to naruto?

Just what exactly was wrong with MinaKushi? There was no problems at all in there relationship. The only sad part about it was that they died protecting there son. If your saying that NaruSaku will be stronger then MinaKushi then I don't see that as a relationship problem but rather a power problem.

@halfstar

Edited by Branden, 05 September 2012 - 12:24 PM.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#57 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

I doubt anyone predicted madara arriving at the scene. Cue kurama scene about madara, cue Kage flashback or arrival, cue explanation or fighting.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#58 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Sep 5 2012, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt anyone predicted madara arriving at the scene. Cue kurama scene about madara, cue Kage flashback or arrival, cue explanation or fighting.

oh kitten!!! That's right, Madara can supress the Kyuubi's powers.

Naruto is now close to useless in this fight unless he's got sage mode.
Oh if only Itachi were still alive, he'd know what to do....

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#59 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

the kages will arrive too, and i dont think that sasuke will fight on the battle too because if he fights he wont the the last villain wich i think kishimoto is doing him to be, kishi is going to give sasuke a motivation.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#60 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Sep 5 2012, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the kages will arrive too, and i dont think that sasuke will fight on the battle too because if he fights he wont the the last villain wich i think kishimoto is doing him to be, kishi is going to give sasuke a motivation.

NO! Screw the Kages, they failed. They had there chance and they failed! It's time for the rookies to.... get there asses handed to them...

My goodness Naruto is in a bit of a predicament here.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users