#21 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 9 2013, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it's not. And it's not a translator problem either because this is common in all interviews, not just recent ones. Okay for example, a while back ago a fan said "I hope Hinata gets her chance to confess to Naruto" and Kishi was said to have said "I hope so too."

If that is really what he said, then it's a weird way to respond to it. Not weird as in bad, but it is sort of a response a fan would say. I guess what I am trying to say is, does he purposely sound like this to play off giving an answer or does he do it to pretend like he doesn't know. Sort of like the mangaka having fun doing his own work. I also don't see Kishi as being so bad in public speaking or I no longer see this as an excuse because he has been doing it a long time. After a while, you do get used to it.

It's not a good or bad thing with how he replies, but merely....weird.

Interesting that you'd see it that way, I never found his answers to be odd. Personally I always saw it as Kishimoto trying to be kind to the fans without outright telling them his plans for the character. The first rule of handling an interview as an author is to not give away your storylines, or reveal that you have no idea where you're headed with a character. If you do either of those, you have spoiled your own work, and people are not going to react as strongly to the plot twists. So you keep things ambiguous by smiling, nodding, and telling the fans "keep thinking that", regardless on if that's the direction you are heading in.

Moreover, Kishimoto likely has been running off of a very loose skeleton framework. He does not know all the details on the future, so when he replies to comments, it's because he really doesn't know where he is headed with those plot points. Sometimes writers leave things open with no intention to return to them, but follow up on them. Case in point (though this involves more than one writer) is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. When Space Seed was written, we were never supposed to see or hear from Khan ever again. But the story was written in such a way that when Harve Bennett was assigned to write the screenplay, he was able to use the hook of Khan and his followers being marooned on a planet and build a solid storyline around it.

From what I can gather from his interviews and the quality of his work, Kishi clearly knows what he has in store with the main players. But when it comes to the supporting cast, he has no earthly clue what he's going to do with them. That tends to happen when you're dealing with exponentially growing casts, and it's something of an Achilles's heel for Kishi. He makes characters to serve a role in one arc, but they end up resonating with readers more than he intended, so they end up becoming a mainstay of the cast (That's my personal take on the Konoha 11; the fact that his development of them has been spotty at best during Part 2 only seems to fuel this theory of mine). The problem then becomes how to fit them into the story in a meaningful way without sacrificing your skeleton. Factor in pressure from editorial to include said popular character(s), even if it means a force-fit, and you end up with the predicament we are in with Part 2. As well as an explanation for how Kishi deals with discussing secondary characters in interviews.

Edited by TwilightLink20xx, 10 January 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#22 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I just saw this interview on nf. According to TakL, this interview was on road to ninja motion comic dvd.

http://www.narutofor...amp;postcount=1

Pretty funny interview.

#23 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Thread for this topic is already open: Kishimoto interview. smile.gif

Closing this one.

#24 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (TwilightLink20xx @ Jan 9 2013, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting that you'd see it that way, I never found his answers to be odd. Personally I always saw it as Kishimoto trying to be kind to the fans without outright telling them his plans for the character. The first rule of handling an interview as an author is to not give away your storylines, or reveal that you have no idea where you're headed with a character. If you do either of those, you have spoiled your own work, and people are not going to react as strongly to the plot twists. So you keep things ambiguous by smiling, nodding, and telling the fans "keep thinking that", regardless on if that's the direction you are heading in.

It's just funny how he responds, that's all. I know he can't give way every secret, but most mangka will answer with like "You have to wait and see." Kishi sometimes replied with these little quirks like he is trying to have fun.

Almost like he is trolling his fans in real life and in the manga. Out of jokes of course, not to be mean.

At least if I was Kishimoto it would be something I would do.

Fan: "Why did Sakura lie to Naruto?"

Me: "She did? I've known Sakura all her life and never known her to lie. I'll have to ask her."

Sort of like that. It's like giving an answer and yet, not giving an answer at the same time. It's the sort of stuff that makes people wonder whether if Kishi is telling the truth or not.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#25 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 10 2013, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi is a harsh master. Poor Neji, killed for his looks. shamefulcry0js.gif

Now now, ounce Naruto becomes the 10 tail host, he will probably use Nagato's revival of the death thingy to revive Neji and all those killed by the war, and then he and Hinata will get married and have children, which is when I stop reading because really...who cares anymore?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#26 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jan 10 2013, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now now, ounce Naruto becomes the 10 tail host, he will probably use Nagato's revival of the death thingy to revive Neji and all those killed by the war, and then he and Hinata will get married and have children, which is when I stop reading because really...who cares anymore?

More importantly: will resurrection improve Neji's looks?

Edited by Poison_In_Your_Coffee, 10 January 2013 - 11:27 PM.

The stars are fire.

#27 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 10 2013, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#28 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 10 2013, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perfection cannot be improved upon.

#29 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jan 10 2013, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perfection cannot be improved upon.

Beauty is in the Byakugan of the holder. pictureem0.gif
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#30 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 10 2013, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#31 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 11 2013, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slex, why did you take out the video of 615?

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#32 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 10 2013, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slex, why did you take out the video of 615?

Ah, someone reported it and youtube ended up taking it down because of copyright infringement, though it should have been protected under "Fair Use". ermm.gif
I'm thinking of editing out the manga panels and re-uploading it, but I haven't decided if it would be worth it...

Edited by Slextrem, 11 January 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#33 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 11 2013, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, someone reported it and youtube ended up taking it down because of copyright infringement, though it should have been protected under "Fair Use". ermm.gif
I'm thinking of editing out the manga panels and re-uploading it, but I haven't decided if it would be worth it...

Oh, God, I can't believe that.
And I bet who that someone would be...

#34 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 10 2013, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, God, I can't believe that.
And I bet who that someone would be...

Well, what's done is done. It's best just to forget about it and move on, right? smile.gif
Lesson learned: The next time I make a video, I'll be sure to use content that is entirely mine, even if what I'm using should be protected under fair use...

#35 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 11 2013, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, what's done is done. It's best just to forget about it and move on, right? smile.gif
Lesson learned: The next time I make a video, I'll be sure to use content that is entirely mine, even if what I'm using should be protected under fair use...

True. Oh, well...You can always upload it on other parts anyway smile.gif

#36 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 10 2013, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, it's not.

Neji is the embodiment of physical perfection. It's objectively provable and when I can do prove it without making an ass of myself I will get around to doing that.

#37 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

"Towards the end both the manga and the anime will get exciting, and as I'm writing the manga (the original), I'll make it exciting even if it costs me my life. "

For some reason I thought of rabid NH fans who would kill kishi, lol.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#38 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Jan 11 2013, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Towards the end both the manga and the anime will get exciting, and as I'm writing the manga (the original), I'll make it exciting even if it costs me my life. "

For some reason I thought of rabid NH fans who would kill kishi, lol.

Maybe you shouldn't single out NH fans like that. There are very aggressive fans in every ship, NH fans aren't especially rabid or deluded or anything.
The stars are fire.

#39 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 11 2013, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you shouldn't single out NH fans like that. There are very aggressive fans in every ship, NH fans aren't especially rabid or deluded or anything.

I googled "Naruhina kill kishi" and i ended up _____ saying "Kishi was indeed intrigued by some western Hinata fans/NH fans who sent him some letters threatening him that they'll kill him if they doesn't do NH cannon"
on narutobase.net

haha

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#40 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 11 2013, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or maybe you should look more. But since you're an SS, of course you wouldn't have the experience.
Yes, they are, the majority are. I only met 5 non rabid NH/H fans. 5!

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Jan 11 2013, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I googled "Naruhina kill kishi" and i ended up _____ saying "Kishi was indeed intrigued by some western Hinata fans/NH fans who sent him some letters threatening him that they'll kill him if they doesn't do NH cannon"
on narutobase.net

haha

And Narutobase.net is a place full of such examples of NH fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users