#1 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

ANBU-Kakashi-Special.jpg

It will start in february and will tell the story of Kakashi after the events of Kakashi chronicles.

Anyway i'll look forward to watch this.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#2 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

Whoaa, so these are the fillers? Phew!

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#3 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

these are only a part of fillers... there will be other of course. Wtf? Itachi? LOL He was only 4 year old lol

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#4 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Lol at the young yamato

#5 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Itachi will probably be shown a little after a few years of the Kyuubi attack. I think Itachi will be shown working as Kakashi's apprentice in the Anbu.

Anyways, this anime special (they may very well likely turn this into a filler arc) has lots of potential. The manga has more or less implied that Kakashi was close to breaking and following Obito's path during Kakashi's Anbu tenure. Who knows, maybe some "fateful" meeting with Naruto changed his mind.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Last year they did bring us the chikara arc which I found decent I mean it was a nice filler taking place between the land of iron and adventures at sea arc. But this filler arc may be very enjoyable for 2 reasons

It's Kakashi in his anbu days with Yamato
This whole year we really didn't see much of him.

I'm a sucker for Kakashi, he is my favorite character. Him getting his own filler arc, this is going to be neat since he has a past still largely untapped. Guess that's a way the anime team can keep themselves from catching up to the manga and I prefer this 100% over an unnessessary extension for filler for 615 like what perriot did to 166. Guess this filler will make naruto enjoyable during the manga break later.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#7 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Last year they did bring us the chikara arc which I found decent I mean it was a nice filler taking place between the land of iron and adventures at sea arc. But this filler arc may be very enjoyable for 2 reasons

It's Kakashi in his anbu days with Yamato
This whole year we really didn't see much of him.

I'm a sucker for Kakashi, he is my favorite character. Him getting his own filler arc, this is going to be neat since he has a past still largely untapped. Guess that's a way the anime team can keep themselves from catching up to the manga and I prefer this 100% over an unnessessary extension for filler for 615 like what perriot did to 166. Guess this filler will make naruto enjoyable during the manga break later.

Chikara was going excellent until they managed to put all the k11 and put Hinata there too giving her filler powers and Hinata -> Naruto moments from nowhere, i thought it would be more like Team 7 there but that just went downhill after chapter 3, at least for me.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 04 December 2013 - 07:04 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#8 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

What I want to know is if this will also occur after Rin's death. The Tobi reveal will happen at the end of this year or the beginning of the next one, which means that Obito's flashback will be covered during the rest of january.

I would imagine this filler special taking place just after Rin's death and dealing with Kakashi's regret of having broken his promise to Obito about protecting Rin.

It would be interesting that way. First we see through Obito's flashback how he dealt with Rin's death and then we have this special which covers how Kakashi dealt with it instead. It could serve as a nice build up for the confrontation those two have later in the war.

these are only a part of fillers... there will be other of course. Wtf? Itachi? LOL He was only 4 year old lol

Kakashi: OK, who had the brilliant idea of bringing the 4 year old to an ANBU mission?

Itachi: I'm a genius so it's fine.

Kakashi: YOU. ARE. 4. The databook even says you won't graduate from the academy until you're 7.

Itachi: Retcon.

Kakashi: No, you do not get to do that. It was bad enough when Obito's flashback retconed the ages of plenty of secondary characters.

Obito: Hey now, leave me out of this. It isn't my fault.

Kakashi: Just go back to your cave Obito, we're not supposed to meet yet.

Obito: It's an evil lair if you must know.

Edited by redragon88, 04 December 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#9 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Well since this doesn't start until February, I hope the January episodes are not the unnessessary hinata fillers, all I know is once we get past 615 in the anime, this junk of too much hinata in the anime can finally die.

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well since this doesn't start until February, I hope the January episodes are not the unnessessary hinata fillers, all I know is once we get past 615 in the anime, this junk of too much hinata in the anime can finally die.

Yeah, that's the feeling I get. When you think about it, this supposedly NH stuff hasn't happened often for a long time before 166 because well, she wasn't there that much at all. If you ask me, anime probably held on for so long that when they finally got to that point, it's like "it's about time." Others are just Hinata stuff. In fact, I think the only chance they can do freely was SD but now that's done, they're pretty much on the low. Hinata as herself could get more but other perks with it are near over.

#11 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

What are these Hinata fillers that you speak of? The last filler involving Hinata that I remember was that flashback of Part 1 where she went temporarily blind, which if I remember correctly had some NS teasing (the red string of fate) and was actually poking fun at NH/SS with Sakura's fantasy of pairing Hinata with Naruto so that she can get Sasuke, which is the excuse used by the fans of said pairings.

I don't know where people get the idea that Hinata is given so much filler. I'm pretty sure that Ino-Shika-Cho get more filler than her. The only over-the-top filler involving Hinata was her confession episode, anything else is just her acting like her usual self with some teasing about her crush on Naruto.

When I think about it fillers involving Hinata (at least in Part 2) are few and far in between, so I don't get why people are getting so paranoid at Hinata appearing in some episodes.

#12 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Well I am going to watch this one but I cant help but think its only going to be filler and we prob will never get a canon anbu flashback.

43iduct.jpg

#13 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Finally something interesting.

I want the fillers to fill up the empty spaces of the manga, not add stuff that was never there.

ナルサク

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

Eh, At least it seems interesting. Not those nonsense, out of place fillers like last time(I still cringe at those). I'd like to see more of Kakashi's back story, even if it's not canon. :smile:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 December 2013 - 12:45 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#15 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

What I want to know is if this will also occur after Rin's death. The Tobi reveal will happen at the end of this year or the beginning of the next one, which means that Obito's flashback will be covered during the rest of january.

I would imagine this filler special taking place just after Rin's death and dealing with Kakashi's regret of having broken his promise to Obito about protecting Rin.

It would be interesting that way. First we see through Obito's flashback how he dealt with Rin's death and then we have this special which covers how Kakashi dealt with it instead. It could serve as a nice build up for the confrontation those two have later in the war.

Kakashi: OK, who had the brilliant idea of bringing the 4 year old to an ANBU mission?

Itachi: I'm a genius so it's fine.

Kakashi: YOU. ARE. 4. The databook even says you won't graduate from the academy until you're 7.

Itachi: Retcon.

Kakashi: No, you do not get to do that. It was bad enough when Obito's flashback retconed the ages of plenty of secondary characters.

Obito: Hey now, leave me out of this. It isn't my fault.

Kakashi: Just go back to your cave Obito, we're not supposed to meet yet.

Obito: It's an evil lair if you must know.

Basically, as a person pointed out at NF, the filler arc will probably go like this:

the only thing i can guess is that if this is an arc and not a single episode, it might start with Kakashi in ANBU under Minato as Hokage, then Kakashi's change after his death (The Shinobi Who Lives in the Shadows sounds like Kakashi becomes darker, or ruthless, which i can see happening as a result of him losing the last of his team).

Then Kakashi taking Tenzo under his wing up to Kakashi quiting. Then Itachi's time in ANBU before the Uchiha massacre

Judging from what's been implied in the manga, I think the bolded is what's going to be shown in this filler. I could definitely an ANBU Rookie Kakashi starting out and applying for the program, much to Minato's protests because he was already seeing signs of Kakashi slowly jumping off the slope of sanity at this point. Then the Kyuubi attack happens, and it gets much worse.

Tenzo going under his wing keeps his sanity just barely, but later on a mission gone wrong, Kakashi snaps. But of course, before he does any further damage, Hiruzen pulls him out of the program just in time. At this point, Itachi (12) enters ANBU and replaces him as a team captain. There'll probably be some brief interaction between them. And then, Kakashi fails god knows how many genin teams and the rest is history.

I agree with you that this filler arc is a perfect complement to Obito's flashback. Judging by December's titles, This year will likely end on 599's cliffhanger. After that, 3 episodes in January covering Obito's flashback and then finally, this filler arc which will last two months, I'm betting, so Canon returns just in time for the new opening.    

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#16 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

Sounds pretty neat. The chikara arc was pretty good, except for the ending which seemed a bit rushed. In terms of quality, the fillers are usually all over the place, ranging from good to okay to just downright bad. Hopefully Pierrot will be able to pull his off.  

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#17 meri-chan

meri-chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:35 AM

hmm..I think its good that they have filler before Neij death evethought is not about him but at least it prolong his death longer, he died so quick in the manga..   I  can't wait to watch  Itachi & Minato.

Edited by meri-chan, 06 December 2013 - 02:36 AM.

2e372pz.jpg

The hero who was once called a failure,

in the end learned to never give up on the future.”

#18 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

Kakashi looks awesome! And so does Minato!

Just curious, is that a poster or a page in a book? That's the first promotional item I can remember that doesn't have Naruto's face on it somewhere (maybe I can't see it, but I looked). Naruto's logo is there...but that's not quite the same. His image (even the small bw one with just Naruto's smiling face) is usually somewhere, even if it's using Sasuke or Sakura. 

If it's a poster out somewhere, that speaks volumes about how popular those particular characters are (Kakashi and Minato) that the marketing company feels comfortable leaving off their main character. (If it's a page out of a magazine then it's not so much of a surprise as their audience would already be familiar the characters.)

Still, it's surprising to see a promotional item with non-main characters (and younger, flashback versions at that) that completely excludes Naruto's image. 

#19 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Kakashi looks awesome! And so does Minato!

Just curious, is that a poster or a page in a book? That's the first promotional item I can remember that doesn't have Naruto's face on it somewhere (maybe I can't see it, but I looked). Naruto's logo is there...but that's not quite the same. His image (even the small bw one with just Naruto's smiling face) is usually somewhere, even if it's using Sasuke or Sakura. 

If it's a poster out somewhere, that speaks volumes about how popular those particular characters are (Kakashi and Minato) that the marketing company feels comfortable leaving off their main character. (If it's a page out of a magazine then it's not so much of a surprise as their audience would already be familiar the characters.)

Still, it's surprising to see a promotional item with non-main characters (and younger, flashback versions at that) that completely excludes Naruto's image. 

It's from Weekly Shonen Jump (magazine)!

I don't watch the anime, that much, I don't have the time to, but this really catches my eye. It looks like a very interesting filler. I haven't watched any fillers since Chikara. I hope it's good! I...might watch it. If I see some good reviews once it comes out, I will have a look.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#20 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

What are these Hinata fillers that you speak of? The last filler involving Hinata that I remember was that flashback of Part 1 where she went temporarily blind, which if I remember correctly had some NS teasing (the red string of fate) and was actually poking fun at NH/SS with Sakura's fantasy of pairing Hinata with Naruto so that she can get Sasuke, which is the excuse used by the fans of said pairings.

I don't know where people get the idea that Hinata is given so much filler. I'm pretty sure that Ino-Shika-Cho get more filler than her. The only over-the-top filler involving Hinata was her confession episode, anything else is just her acting like her usual self with some teasing about her crush on Naruto.

When I think about it fillers involving Hinata (at least in Part 2) are few and far in between, so I don't get why people are getting so paranoid at Hinata appearing in some episodes.

It's just given that some are worried perriot would go overboard again giving hinata some big representation which was only filler in the end, it's like they gave her material that could have been canon but cause it's filler, the fact they made an entire episode over 2 pages, that's literally worthy of the title, unnessessary. If they do it again with 615 in the anime, well nh fans will go ballistic. I mean thank god the anbu filler is in February otherwise that episode would arrive around then and they would claim nh occurs in the anime during February is a sign of nh love. Dumb as that sounds. The first episode of 2014 is obito and Madara, so the year starts with chapter 600 in the anime.

But I am honestly going to say this, what if perriot made an entire filler of minato and Kushina just off of the short moment in 631 when he is reminded of her by sakura? That would be really unnessessary, even if it was comical. I mean I would enjoy the episode to see more about minato and Kushina but it would really just be unneeded even if it was just him having a quick memory before Sasuke lands in front of naruto and sakura. I doubt this will happen but 631 should come around may I'm guessing, depends how many fillers and how they break the canon episodes up.

I just think it would be better if perriot took other characters or instances of the naruto history and expanded on those like expanding on the first war for hashirama, showing how long tobirama was hokage or how he made the edo tensei, these are wonderful examples that can make fillers enjoyable. Much better than fleshing out characters to unreal proportions not like in the manga, seriously giving hinata medical techniques was one of the stupidest of all, all fans know well she never did that, she never had the talent for it, it's like if they did that, they might as well start throwing new powers to all characters in the fillers even giving naruto the rinnegan at this point.

Well the episode with hinata going blind kinda trolled all the major pairings, but as sushi said, it's nice to have fillers when they expand on untouched content from the manga. We have no idea what Kakashi did majorly between the third war and nine tails incident on narutos birth. Likewise we also don't know what he did most of the time before team 7 formed, Kakashi is the type of character who already has a background of many incidents and events but never shown fully how they occurred. I mean one filler this past year was with that royal guard naruto faced and it turns out that nation sasori destroyed as he said in the manga was the one used in this filler.

The anime team doesn't need to extend episodes or create new stories on their own, there are plenty of already established lore spots they can work with such as:

Who were the first jinchurki to be captured? Again any short arcs involving Han or fuu could be interesting

Shusui uchiha, he is itachis best friend yet we hardly know about him save that he was just as talented as itachi and he had a very rare genjutsu.

Deidaras background with ohnoki, there is a connection between them but we never knew why deidara became a rouge bin and well he is popular.

The time skip, we know everyone got stronger but maybe even doing fillers on the time skip like of sakura getting stronger, what did Kakashi do when team 7 was disbanded for 2 years? How did neji become a jinchurki?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users