#1 joeguam047

joeguam047

isnt she cute? *smiles*

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:anime, naruto anime and manga, darkthrone, anime lyrics . com

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

Will someone pls tell me if they are going to make a live action movie. me am confused, is saw the charecter sketches and no shinji (no emo kid biggrin.gif )

#2 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:13 AM

Well I am a member at the website, http://eva.trivialbeing.net/ which is probably the most informitive ELAM site. They have updates on the movie, but only small ones, aparently from what I know the movie is on hold by Weta Workshop, however a director is being looked for.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#3 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:26 AM

Last I heard, the movie was on hold indefinitely.

#4 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:46 AM

Weta (the props company for Lord of the Rings, and Peter Jackson's King Kong) have done some sketches and are excited to do it. Oh and did anyone know that Robin Williams love Eva?

#5 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:58 AM

Where'd you see that? I didn't take Robin Williams as an old school anime type.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#6 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:28 AM

Yeah, in the movie One Hour Photo there was a mass production unit at his place.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#7 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

i would like to see one since they are making a second series for evangelion or so i have heard.

2z3z1wm.gif

#8 joeguam047

joeguam047

isnt she cute? *smiles*

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (jmf @ Jan 14 2007, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would like to see one since they are making a second series for evangelion or so i have heard.

Renewal? well someone told me there just going to make the originall episodes better and thats it

#9 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:34 PM

Rebuild of Evangelion aka The Renewal Project-
http://www.answers.c...d-of-evangelion

4 movies that'll be coming out in 2007 and 2008. Complete with new ending design by Anno Hideki himself.

#10 joeguam047

joeguam047

isnt she cute? *smiles*

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:33 AM

that should be interseting to wacth, reserve me a copy zero

#11 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:10 PM

So, is there going to be a new live action movie or a series?
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#12 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:13 AM

Gah, I have little faith in Anno. I just hope hes realised his faults and is meaning to fix them. I highly doubt it though.

Sigh... one can dream, I suppose.

#13 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:42 AM

His faults? If your talking about any of the ending of eoe then you can blame the japanese fans for dishing out those death threats before after the series. As for the series ending, well, he was going through a depression at the time. So I don't really blame him. Besides, I did get the ending. However, these new movies according to what a few of my Eva otakus and I think will finally get a closure on the one thing we agree never was fully finalize. Shinji's love life. We all know he likes Asuka. We all know Asuka feels something for him. But we never finally got to see them TOGETHER. Here's hoping to the new movie coming out in the summer! Cheers and Congratulations!

#14 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:47 AM

He added bishi-ness and Asuka lost her mind in the end, they never even have a chance after that. You don't make an "average"(you can't really say it was average because there is no average) shonen anime/mange and then turn around and move the story in a completly different direction to and dabble in Freudian Psychology, if he wanted to do that he either needed to rethink the anime completly or write a damn book. Not only that but he completly discarded all character relationship development for some yaoi fangirl support.

I didn't watch EoE, I heard it wasn't any better and I think I can assume that as correct. He went wrong long before the last 3 episodes. As soon as he got discarded Asuka and added (the lame bishi) Kaworu. He can't really change that now.

edit: Thinking on it, I don't hate Anno for it. I just think he could of done better, I've just downloaded EoE and am going to watch when I get the chance. I still don't have much faith in him though.

#15 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:05 AM

C'mon, he was in a depression in the later episodes. I'm pretty sure it started around the time Touji became a pilot. And let's not forget Kaworu only showed up in one episode and dies in that very same one in the original footage. Excluding the director's cut and plantinum editions.

#16 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:42 PM

Its unfortunate that he was depressed in the last episodes, but is he planning to fix the mistakes he made during that time? I hope.

I watched the Director's Cut, In the version Kaworu felt way out of place, as if he was shoved into the story.
I don't think he should of had the "interaction" as vivid as it was, it felt completly out of place.

I'd like to say NGE is one of my favourite anime, well until he went off in a different direction from before.

btw, also watching EoE atm.

edit: Finished, I like how he used Kaworu in this one though I still don't think it was needed. On the other hand it, again makes little sense, this doesn't seem like something that would happen and theres no closure. I'm thinking "WTF happened after? Everyones dead and they're laying there". It was quite the way to end the series with "I feel sick."

#17 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:02 AM

Well that ending for the movie was a big f-u to the fans. And yes, according to how you read the series including the movies. His endings and overall tone of the show reflects greatly on his mood. Before it was a depression, the movie was for revenge against the fans who sent him death threats. This time however, Anno is a wealthy happy family man who owes that to the Evangelion franchise he made. So this time around it should be better. I hope.

#18 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

If it was a Chemical depression, I can understand (the ending that is) but if he was too busy feeling bad because people sent him death threats, well the story is a little different. I highly doubt anyone would actually make their way to his house and kill him just because of some Manga, he shouldn't of gotten so hyped over it. IF that was was the case.

Besides that, I really don't care all that greatly, as whats done is done.

I'm hoping its a little better this time around to, but I heard he was changing around things a bunch and adding a new character. Sounds like a bad start to me, then again Remixs aren't always worse then the original even if one thinks it may not work.

#19 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

It's called Evangelion: Rebuild, The first 3 movies are a remastering of the series, the 4th movie is an original Eva story. Eva's one of my fav series ever, I loved it from beginning to end, but EoE was a trip and a half that I didn't like quite as much.

I for one think a Live Action Eva would prolly turn out to be like the American Godzilla movie, an utterly bastardized piece of trash.

But maybe it's just me.

#20 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

Eva was a series on crack.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users