• 8 posts
  • Interests:aminoapps.com/c/naruto/page/blog/how-madara-got-his-rinnegan
    animebase.me/threads/how-did-tobi-give-nagato-rinnegan.216363
    animebase.me/threads/was-nagato-getting-madaras-eyes-ever-explained.675406
    blogspot.com/2014/04/examining-naruto-chapter-674-is-madara.html
    crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-781194
    mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/rinnegan-discussion-thread.65504/page-7
    nairaland.com/522373/naruto-information/415
    narutoforums.org/threads/huge-retcon-here-or-at-least-cought-obito-lying.856224
    narutoforums.org/threads/is-senju-uchiha-rinnegan-is-still-credible.960598
    randomc.net/2010/09/26/naruto-511-symbolic-in-more-ways-than-one
    reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2fmrza
    reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/4di3ua
    reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/6cise1
    reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/azmy4e

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

For those who have read ch. 700 (like me), it was most likely a fake since the 700th ch. is scheduled to be released Nov. 10. If it was released that early, I think the Japanese sites would mention that they were leaked. I would believe them more than many other Naruto sites.

Also, for people to be able to get the chapters that early, it most likely would have to be from Kishi himself, his assistants, or the WSJ editors. I doubt any of them would really do this because they risk the consequences and compromise their careers.

Plus, with the way the long trailer for the final movie is in hinting at NaruHina, I can see why a NaruHina shipper might make this supposed ch. 700 look like he ends up with Hinata. Maybe he does in the movie but the actual chapter is yet to indicate that. 

http://www.saiyanisl...ry-information/:

"Kishimoto-sensei says the manga and movie are connected, and because that is the case the manga should be read to completion first. However, even if one hasn’t finished the manga it’s alright! He continues on mentioning that he’s going to be blunt and say the movie is about love! There hasn’t been a movie with a romantic theme thus far so he hopes fans will enjoy the experience."

This, to me, means that the events of the final movie happen after ch. 700. I find it weird that the final chapter would shows events happening after the movie that is yet to be released.

http://www.chatte-ge...-info-until-now / and http://www.chatte-ge...-sakura-sasuke/ both mentions that a fan artist mentioned the pics were his or that is was a doujin. 

sannie's rant on the link link of chatte-georgiana.com mentions why would Kishi leak his own stuff?

Hey, those leaks could be real but I'm hoping they're not. 

Edited by Kadmos1, 08 November 2014 - 03:29 AM.

#2 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:27 AM

I hope so, but I doubt it.

Edited by Fenris, 08 November 2014 - 03:28 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#3 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

Thing is, we get chapters early every week, because the internet *coughillegalsitescough* is convenient like that.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#4 Kadmos1

Kadmos1

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:aminoapps.com/c/naruto/page/blog/how-madara-got-his-rinnegan
    animebase.me/threads/how-did-tobi-give-nagato-rinnegan.216363
    animebase.me/threads/was-nagato-getting-madaras-eyes-ever-explained.675406
    blogspot.com/2014/04/examining-naruto-chapter-674-is-madara.html
    crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-781194
    mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/rinnegan-discussion-thread.65504/page-7
    nairaland.com/522373/naruto-information/415
    narutoforums.org/threads/huge-retcon-here-or-at-least-cought-obito-lying.856224
    narutoforums.org/threads/is-senju-uchiha-rinnegan-is-still-credible.960598
    randomc.net/2010/09/26/naruto-511-symbolic-in-more-ways-than-one
    reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2fmrza
    reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/4di3ua
    reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/6cise1
    reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/azmy4e

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:47 AM

Yes, but there are times where talented people can make fake Naruto chapters to look real. Should a site like Anime News Network or Crunchyroll have a story that confirms these were the actual chapters, then I will believe it since these sites do have a strong level of credibility. 

#5 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:49 AM

As Collie pointed out, we always get chapters early. This isn't really anything new. They're legit

#6 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

Yes, but there are times where talented people can make fake Naruto chapters to look real. Should a site like Anime News Network or Crunchyroll have a story that confirms these were the actual chapters, then I will believe it since these sites do have a strong level of credibility.

Wait a minute. They don't have chapter 700?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#7 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

Guys...Crunchyroll has a forum saying goodbye to Naruto. That was the real ending. Just accept it for what it is....

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#8 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

Hold it!

I have accepted this ending and what transpired, but it didn't change my opinion that it is a lolwut crappy development. At the least, he should have connected at how Naruto got over Sakura and ended up with Hinata, and Sasuke eventually changing for the better, and more of the others. But, while I'm thinking of the possible reasons, I suddenly felt like we're reacting like Luke Triton in the Layton x Ace Attorney game when he saw the Professor

Layton crossover game spoiler!

The point is, while what OP posted is unlikely, they cannot be completely ruled out (admittedly it's like only your fingernails are preventing you from falling down a deep chasm).

It really doesn't just add up. It's either Kishi just simply gave up on the series and gave in for the $$$, or (again, unlikely) he had one final trick under his sleeve, one last troll to make. If Kishi really cares about his reputation as an author and has a long term view on how he wants to be known, ch700 is a grand gamble that will make him come down either as a textbook case of what a mangaka should not be like or the biggest genius in recent manga history. Look underneath the underneath.

The best candidate would be a chapter 701(!) in Nov. 10. It has to be long (like 50+ pages) because Kishi has a lot of explaining to do.

I just really hope, for the sake of good storytelling, that the latter is true. Even if the canon ships stay, it's fine. Just resolve the loose ends!

Edited by Hokage Sennin, 08 November 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#9 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

I was a brief believer of the "FAKE!!!!1!" group until about an hour ago when someone posted a picture of their early released Shounen Jump with a page from 699.

Dammit.

Now I'm upset, not because of the train wreck of 700, but because Shounen Jump missed the opportunity to pull off the greatest troll of all time. 

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#10 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:42 PM

I don't really see a reason to believe the chapter is fake. It's time to just accept it for what it is and move on, don't try to feed yourself false hope like this, it's starting to look desperate. I'm genuinely sorry if that sounds rude, but at this point it's really just trying to deny the reality for what it is. People are just going to disappoint themselves further with something like this. 

#11 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

Denial is a natural and healthy part of the grieving process.

Shock -> Denial -> Anger - > Bargaining -> Depression -> Acceptance.

We'll all move past it at our own pace.  Depression hit me today while I was in the grocery store.  I almost burst into tears while I was picking up bananas.

Edited by Catwho, 09 November 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#12 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

Kubler-Ross's seven stages of manga endings

#13 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:29 AM

I was a brief believer of the "FAKE!!!!1!" group until about an hour ago when someone posted a picture of their early released Shounen Jump with a page from 699.

Dammit.

Now I'm upset, not because of the train wreck of 700, but because Shounen Jump missed the opportunity to pull off the greatest troll of all time. 

Oh was it? Too bad, then.

#14 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

Denial is a natural and healthy part of the grieving process.

Shock -> Denial -> Anger - > Bargaining -> Depression -> Acceptance.

We'll all move past it at our own pace.  Depression hit me today while I was in the grocery store.  I almost burst into tears while I was picking up bananas.

I suppose I just don't get that way. I felt some shock and denial when the spoilers first came out, but once the chapters were out I just moved to acceptance. It is what it is -- I don't like it and I don't think I'll ever really acknowledge this ending, but I can't change it so I prefer not to dwell on it. Strangely though, after this horrendous ending, I've experienced something of a renewed love for NaruSaku. I don't regret shipping it, not even a little, and I still believe it was the most developed relationship in the series. The ending does not change how I feel, and though I don't wish to support the series any longer, I still support NaruSaku for what it could have been.

#15 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

I suppose I just don't get that way. I felt some shock and denial when the spoilers first came out, but once the chapters were out I just moved to acceptance. It is what it is -- I don't like it and I don't think I'll ever really acknowledge this ending, but I can't change it so I prefer not to dwell on it. Strangely though, after this horrendous ending, I've experienced something of a renewed love for NaruSaku. I don't regret shipping it, not even a little, and I still believe it was the most developed relationship in the series. The ending does not change how I feel, and though I don't wish to support the series any longer, I still support NaruSaku for what it could have been.

Im in the same ball park as you. 

#16 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

I think I'm still in the bargaining stage, still hoping that chapter 700 is deliberately misleading in some huge way.  

I'm rather grateful I never created any NaruSaku fan works.  (I didn't really feel the need to, since it was so blindingly obvious to me...)  I think I would be even more upset about it.

For me, it's not just about the death of a preferred pairing.  It's about questioning my own reading comprehension ability and literary judgment.  Was I really blinded by my preferred pairing, and seeing things that were not there?  Was I reading the literature tropes that I so gleefully recognized wrong?  

Chapter 699 I can accept.  Chapter 700 makes me wonder if I was reading the same series that Kishimoto was writing all this time.

Edited by Catwho, 10 November 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#17 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

Well, as I'm sure you guys are aware, there is a theory floating around about the ending being a genjutsu and the movie revealing the truth, or something.

BUT I'm not going to put much stock in that myself. I was all "keep on keeping on", but once the chapter was posted on MangaPanda that was it for me. It was time to admit defeat.

My love for and support of NS and the manga has not disappeared. I haven't even moved on from being active in the fandom, and will likely continue to be active in this fandom until some other series pulls my interest.

Oh, and @catwho

Don't worry, a large portion of the fandom, even non-shippers, are scratching their heads at this.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 10 November 2014 - 07:23 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users