Close
Photo

If Naruto: The Last didn't exist, would Naru/Hina be more swallowable?

Naruto The Last

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Poll: Would Naru/Hina been easier to swallow without Naruto: The Last? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Would the pairing of Naruto and Hinata been easier to swallow if Naruto: The Last was never made?

1. Yes (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. No (32 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:48 PM

Hey all, again don't know if someone has already made this topic but figured this was a question that needed to be answered.

If Naruto: The Last film didn't exist, would the pairing of Naruto and Hinata have been an easier pill to swallow? While it still would have been a pretty bad pairing as there would be very little interaction between Naruto and Hinata throughout the manga, I'm wondering if it would have been better without The Last film as we would not have seen the destruction of Naruto's character, the pathetic excuses for that destruction and the retconning of the entire manga (the Shadow Clones, Hinata being Naruto's friend before the Academy, etc.)?

So what do you all think?

#2 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:08 PM

Would I be happy with it? No, I would still prefer to get a reasoning behind Naruto ending up with Hinata when the only girl he ever showed interest in was Sakura. And mere weeks before the end he still claimed to love her.

But I'd be more accepting of the pairing happening due to the content of the manga than the way it was handled in the movie. It ignored everything that happened in the manga. The explaination of Naruto's feelings for Sakura were an insult to the manga and it's fanbase, and the fact they thought it was not anything but a destruction of a charactor was stupid on multiple levels. The way Naruto and Hinata got toethers, due to something that happened before the manga made no sense and to have him realise in a Genjutsu, when Naruto made a big declaration about the genjutsu everyone was put on in the manga made the situation even more redictulous than it already was.

The movie was like those movie adaptations where the only similarities between the movie and the original source is the name and the main charactors name. oOnly this was meant to fit in with the original source.

iAnby7W.gif

#3 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:12 PM

sure. 

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#4 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

With the last (that I didn't saw, and know only by summary) we know that this ending is BS in every meaning. So you ask me if 699th and 700th would be a closure to manga at general, and you would ask me "did you like hot it's over?" I would answer:

"Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off!" because in manga - there wasn't any explanation to 95% of events.

#5 narusakurama

narusakurama

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:43 PM

Well , I would say no . While the last did also ruin Hinata's character , among others , without it NH still has no ground to stand on to be believable .  But what made me truly hate it in the end was Kishi saying that Neji died as a cupid for NH :down: :smashy:

1kMTgN0.jpg?1

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:49 PM

it will be less damage but still heavy negative effect. A terrible explanation is worse than no explanation. Some better are for nothing, rather than something.

#7 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

There would have been less damage, but in the end, no. The mere idea of NaruHina was never easy to swallow because it had literally nothing to stand on, especially compared to NaruSaku. 

There were two options. Without the movie, it would have been an a**pull. With the movie, it would have been an a**pull while being dragged through crap and a wood chipper. 

Ultimately and either way, it still came out of someone's butt.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 04 October 2015 - 05:58 PM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#8 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

Wouldn't make much difference to me either way. I'm honestly indifferent to NaruHina, I was even bothered all that much when it became canon. Now SasuSaku on the other hand... that one made me want to rage.

#9 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:30 PM

I would've accepted NH if it was develpod properly. If it had an avatar like ending then I would've accepted it like Zuturians accepted Kataang in the end. Speaking of which how did they handle Kataang's end game?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#10 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

NH would still be a severely underdeveloped pairing who seemingly became canon because of BS reasons. 

It would imply that Naruto moved on from Sakura, which is still kitten, but it's still better than turning him into a lair and a scumbag. 

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#11 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:22 PM

It would have been less annoying but not by much. I never really hated NH before the ending and actually thought it was a good pairing that just needed development. In fact, I thought that from a writing standpoint after Sakura's confession going the NH route would be a good move considering the context. But then we have 631 and the CPR scene which throws everything into flux.

But I'm glad that the movie did happen. Before I only hated SS and ignored NH but I think the Last opened a lot of the main fan base's eyes as to how bad NH had been handled and how corrupted the series had become. The majority of us had already understood that the writing had gone downhill since Pain ended but many fans still believed that Naruto was a good sereis. What we found out though was that the series was a shadow of its former self living off of shipper life support and had been hijacked by SP and many shippers. When I talk to many NS fans and general fans of the series they often talk about the manga and analyze it deeply citing chapters as far back as the first chapter. But when I talk to NH and SS fans they tend to focus on the anime fillers and brush the manga aside.

I think the best evidence that The Last was an SP project is that dumb shadow clone scene. Naruto couldn't even make a regular doppelganger, let alone a shadow clone. And yet in the movie as a young child he makes two mini shadow clones. This completely contradicts the VERY FIRST CHAPTER OF THE MANGA. THE CHAPTER THAT STARTED IT ALL. Usually when confronted by this they say that Kishi just forgot and this was hundreds of chapters ago but the problem is that in the manga between chapters Kishimoto stated that shadow clone jutsu was his favorite. Why would he forget about this fact.

That's what angers me the most. NH/SS fans call themselves "Naruto fans" and yet ignore basic facts of the manga. They're in it for themselves, not for Kishi's work and SP is the same. They could care less about the source material or the story or even basic morality, only that they get what they want out of it.

But that is why I believe that the Last did do some good. It took what was wrong with SP and the reality of the series and rammed it into everyone's faces so they could not ignore it.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#12 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:48 PM

It'd be better only insofar as there would be slightly less retconning going on. That's something, I suppose.

#13 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:16 AM

More in-depth? Ever so slightly because, as mentioned by others, there wouldn't have been the stupid retcons and (as much) character assassinations.

In general? No, because it would still be severely lacking any development to make it believable in any way.

2e5.gif

#14 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:53 AM

But that is why I believe that the Last did do some good. It took what was wrong with SP and the reality of the series and rammed it into everyone's faces so they could not ignore it.

They still do though :/

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#15 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

Sure there would be less to complain about if the Last didn't exist, but the ending of the manga was such a disappointment regardless.

I mean, we were still upset before the Last came out. It only served as confirmation to some people that believed in the IT theory that NS wasn't happening in canon. So I really don't think the movie made that big of a difference.

Either way NH is boring and has minimal development. It was only added in at the very end for fan service and to milk the shippers for all that they're worth.

Edited by RedFaction, 05 October 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#16 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

Well if The Last didn't exist, the only explaination as to why Naruto was with Hinata in 700 was that he simply moved on after Sasuke returned Sakura's feelings. Might have been better than the whole rivalry excuse

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:02 PM

No, it would still be a lousy pairing that is unbelievable. for it to be the least bit *swallowable* as you say there has to be proper development andcontact between them plus a believable reason on why Naruto fell for Hinata instead. Too much expectations for these idiots, I know but at least that is the bar that is set for romance in a story

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 October 2015 - 08:03 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

Well if The Last didn't exist, the only explaination as to why Naruto was with Hinata in 700 was that he simply moved on after Sasuke returned Sakura's feelings. Might have been better than the whole rivalry excuse

Unfortunately, that would still make the pairing look bad as well because, as mentioned, without the proper development to go along with it, all it does is make Naruto still look like a scumbag by simply "settling for second best" or something.

2e5.gif

#19 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

there weren't many consensual NH scenes to begin with, so The Last was needed to make more people more accepting of NH. Ofc it backfired on most of us but it did convert the ones who watched the cheesy lovey-dovey NH interactions

#20 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:30 PM

Unfortunately, that would still make the pairing look bad as well because, as mentioned, without the proper development to go along with it, all it does is make Naruto still look like a scumbag by simply "settling for second best" or something.

I agree to an extent, but I would have taken Naruto moving on over him only loving Sakura out of rivalry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto, The Last

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users