• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:22 AM

Hmm...How to begin? Ah, I know. Since this is a Naruto site, I'll do the Naruto type introduction.

My Name is NoWhere Man, real name Brandon.

I have a lot of likes and hobbies:

Star Wars. Insanely big, Star Wars fan. Read dozens of the books. Played nearly every Star Wars video game. Watched the TV Specials (Ewoks: the battle for Endor) and the different cartoon series.

Table-top RPG: White Wolf, Dungeons and Dragons, Star Wars d20 system as well as the Star Wars Saga Edition. What can I say; I'm an avid player of role-playing games. I'd take this over any console game or MMO. Role-playing for me is challenging in its own sort of way. It challenges you creatively as well as strategically. And sometimes it’s just plain fun acting like a completely different person.

I've been thinking a lot about doing one of these things, but I've never gotten around to it. Mainly because I always believe that I'm not very interesting. But I've read some other people's Blog and I've come to the understanding that's not so much as what other people believe about what you write, it’s the sake of being able to get some of the things you're feeling at the moment out there.

Let’s see what else, I love to write! I made this discovery back in May of 2000. The first official fanfic writings of mine were a Pokemon AAML fanfic called, "The Love Letter". It did surprisingly well; I got reviews that some people cried they were so touched by the story. Seeing that I believed I must have had some talent in the area.

Since then, I've written various stories for various fandoms. Sonic the Hedgehog, Naruto, Invader Zim, Evangelion, Breath of Fire. Currently I'm working on the latest chapter of a story called "Diary of an Animal". This chapter is important, not as much as the content in the chapter, but because it's been a year since the last time I've written for this series. Other authors probably know my pain. Sometimes it’s hard pushing a story forward, especially when you have a long stint of writer’s block. But I’ve been making a lot of progress, so “Yay, me!” ^^

That’s all that I can think about right now so….Later! ^^

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:03 AM

Awesome! Good to know more about you th_glomp.gif

And whoo! 111191.gif fellow Star Wars fanatic. I've also read practically every book out there. What do you think of the Jedi Order series of books, and do you consider any of the stuff that goes on in there character deaths as canon?

#3 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 14 2010, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome! Good to know more about you th_glomp.gif

And whoo! 111191.gif fellow Star Wars fanatic. I've also read practically every book out there. What do you think of the Jedi Order series of books, and do you consider any of the stuff that goes on in there character deaths as canon?

It's weird, I have somewhat of a love hate thing for the New Jedi Order books. Somewhat of a love hate thing with the prequel movies too. But getting back to the NJO. I love a lot of the books that came out, and since I love the stars from the original triology, it's nice to see how far Luke, Leia and even Han has come.

Do I consider it canon, yes and no. It's hard to decide what's canon really especially since what is canon is controlled mostly by Lucas. And even Lucas fails me sometimes. (Force Unleased being canon for example)

Star Wars Spoilers yo! --Click here to view--
The hard thing about the NJO being canon, we lost a lot of good characters in the YYV war. Chewy, I don't mind as much, because that one I think they needed to do that to put the impact of the event in everyone's mind. Making everyone realize that, hey this isn't going to be like the series before where everyone makes it out alive and they have a nice laugh over the whole thing.

My only problem is Anakin Solo. I really hated the fact they killed him. Mainly because I hated him in the begining of the war. I thought he was young, annoying and immature. But I saw how they matured his character and made him stumble but grow stronger from those mistakes. Making him into a character that really lived up to the Skywalker name.

Then they had to kill him.

And initially, I didn't mind Jacen as much. He was kinda like the odd man out in the series. He spent most of the time trying to find himself. I also loved his coming of age story in "Traitor" probably my favorite Star Wars story of all time. (NONE SHALL PASS!!!) But I think the way he was protrayed it wasn't surprising that he fell to the darkside.

What I'm reading about Ben Skywalker, I'm liking. His interactions with his father are hilarious. I think they're going to do with Ben Skywalker what they wanted to do with Anakin Solo.

Edited by No WhereMan, 15 April 2010 - 01:34 AM.

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:27 AM

*claps* Lots to reply to as I agree with most of what you said, but I gotta jet for a bit tongue.gif

Quick note before I go though, could you put all you just posted into spoiler tags. That is an awful lot of book spoiler, and we don't want to ruin stuff for any other Star Wars fan who may not have read as far as us yet happy.gif

Ja ne~! =D

#5 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 14 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*claps* Lots to reply to as I agree with most of what you said, but I gotta jet for a bit tongue.gif

Quick note before I go though, could you put all you just posted into spoiler tags. That is an awful lot of book spoiler, and we don't want to ruin stuff for any other Star Wars fan who may not have read as far as us yet happy.gif

Ja ne~! =D

Done and Done ^^

#6 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

Man, I love days off. After a week of somehow not getting enough sleep or game time or writing time. Days off seems to make up everything in the end. Now I can only find a way to be off and still get paid indefinitely. Hmmmm.....

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 15 2010, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, I love days off. After a week of somehow not getting enough sleep or game time or writing time. Days off seems to make up everything in the end. Now I can only find a way to be off and still get paid indefinitely. Hmmmm.....

When you figure that one out lemme know, and I'll be the very next person in line after you XD

#8 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:54 AM

Woot! Finally updated my X-Men story, after a year's wait. lol

If anyone wants to read it here's a link

I know what you're thinking, shameful self promotion. Ya, damn skippy! ^________________^

Also Sakura-sama, I haven't found out a way yet, but I'm forced to believe it involves pie!

Edited by No WhereMan, 16 April 2010 - 08:55 AM.

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

Star Wars books spoiler talk! --Click here to view--
The hard thing about the NJO being canon, we lost a lot of good characters in the YYV war. Chewy, I don't mind as much, because that one I think they needed to do that to put the impact of the event in everyone's mind. Making everyone realize that, hey this isn't going to be like the series before where everyone makes it out alive and they have a nice laugh over the whole thing.

I was in such total shock. I *loved* Chewy and I had to re-read a couple times just to make sure I was reading it right, the part where they dropped a freaking MOON on his head, and keeled him DX ;_;

I mean I understood why they did it at the time. To show that the main characters *can* die. But i just never expected them to keep on killing them off D:

My only problem is Anakin Solo. I really hated the fact they killed him. Mainly because I hated him in the begining of the war. I thought he was young, annoying and immature. But I saw how they matured his character and made him stumble but grow stronger from those mistakes. Making him into a character that really lived up to the Skywalker name.

Then they had to kill him.

To this day I'm still in disbelief they actually went ahead and did this. They took away Jaina and Jacen's lil bro, and the kid was COOL. He had *finally* figured out how to kill the Vong, and the writer murdered him ;_;

Broke my poor Star Wars loving heart it did *nods*

And initially, I didn't mind Jacen as much. He was kinda like the odd man out in the series. He spent most of the time trying to find himself. I also loved his coming of age story in "Traitor" probably my favorite Star Wars story of all time. (NONE SHALL PASS!!!) But I think the way he was protrayed it wasn't surprising that he fell to the darkside.

I stopped reading the books after this. I'm sorry, this was the last straw for me. I didn't consider Jacen a fave charry or anything. That would be Jaina. Love that girl =3

No, what pissed me off about Jacen being killed was the fact that I'd grown up reading about his adventures with his sister, in those old school Jedi Knights books. And then they both began starring in other books some of them with Anakin as a cute lil baby tagging along, so I have grown up with them and Jacen and Jaina were a *pair*. It's bad enough they took Jaina's lil baby brother away from her, but then to take her twin Jacen as well. Uh uh *shakes head* that was it for me with the Jedi Order series of books, which *had* been a long fave of mine. And I absolutely refuse to consider any of it canon now >.>

What I'm reading about Ben Skywalker, I'm liking. His interactions with his father are hilarious. I think they're going to do with Ben Skywalker what they wanted to do with Anakin Solo.

You have me intrigued to see how they interact, but then they might just kill off Luke and OH! I almost forgot. They killed off Mara too, the bastards D:

I mean even though I never really got into her character, she was Luke's wife and Ben lost his mother. Right, definitely not picking up these books to read ever again DX

~~~

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 16 2010, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know what you're thinking, shameful self promotion. Ya, damn skippy! ^________________^

Also Sakura-sama, I haven't found out a way yet, but I'm forced to believe it involves pie!

Hellz yay for self-promotion! 111191.gif

And PIE! wow.png

#10 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

The world of NoWhere happy.gif , i don't read books but i do like magazines, comics, and manga. I have a bad habit through school and college reading a few pages and falling asleep. I don't know that's a medical condition or not? happy.gif

#11 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 17 2010, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The world of NoWhere happy.gif , i don't read books but i do like magazines, comics, and manga. I have a bad habit through school and college reading a few pages and falling asleep. I don't know that's a medical condition or not? happy.gif

Usually I do a lot of reading while at work. I've killed many a book during my working hours. Actually, my writing gets done while at work also. It's amazing what you can accomplish with 5-6 hours of downtime. ^^

Yesterday I went through all 26 episodes of Samurai Champloo. It's not a bad series and it's obvious that the creator of Cowboy Bebop influence is all over the work.

Spoiler tag added because Sakura-sama will scold me if not... *^^* --Click here to view--
My only problem with the series, like many other ones, it ends somewhat lamely. I mean the three characters that you've been following all through the episodes just go their separate ways and that's that.

I mean I'm grateful they had some personal growth at the end of the series. Jin, appreciates Mugen and Fuu as his first 'true' friends. Mugen, accepts the fact that Jin is a friend and they don't have to fight each other to see who's the better swordsman. Fuu, came to peace about her past and her father. But it's like I don't know you'd think that after they spent so much time together, they'd either continue traveling or just it would lead to something else.

I don't know, I think since I write I tend to pay attention to these things more. Because I like when I bring a story to a close there is a sense of accomplishment for my characters and as well for the reader to. Because that person has been right on a journey with the characters as well. So it sticks out for me, when I read/watch other works that don't seem to hit all of those marks. But maybe that's just me. ^^

Edited by No WhereMan, 17 April 2010 - 11:37 AM.

#12 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:13 PM

I love Cowboy Bebop! whatthekitten.gif I was hoping they would've ran another season so SpikeXFay would of been canon. Since Fay finally opened up to Spike before he went down to his home planet to take on his brother. smile.gif

#13 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 17 2010, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Cowboy Bebop! whatthekitten.gif I was hoping they would've ran another season so SpikeXFay would of been canon. Since Fay finally opened up to Spike before he went down to his home planet to take on his brother. smile.gif

Cowboy Bebop spoilers~ --Click here to view--
Except it woulda been kinda hard to have a second season with Spike, since Spike kinda...died ^^

#14 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 17 2010, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cowboy Bebop spoilers~ --Click here to view--
Except it woulda been kinda hard to have a second season with Spike, since Spike kinda...died ^^

Well, regular Spike has no chance. But Zombie Spike might have a go!

Star Wars talk, the REVENGE! --Click here to view--
About Mara, for me they kinda established her character in the books before the NJO series. She was a fiery, strong, really tough character. I mean she had a great backstory and everything. But then the NJO they kinda reduced her character making her role to basically "Luke's wife". I mean a lot of her interactions was don't mess with her, she's fiery and she's Luke's wife. So it's like ehh... But she does have good moments here and there.

Luke isn't going to die in any book per say. He's basically become the Goku of this area. His death is always alluded behind scenes type of thing. If you ever read the Star Wars: Legacy comic books, which take place a hundred years in the future where you know he's dead. But I don't think they're going to feature any book series with him being dead in it.

Oh yeah, I don't know if you frequent Wookiepedia. They have quotes of the day that span from all the different works of Star Wars, be it video game, movie, books, comics, radio dramas, commercials, just about everything. Every so often they have quotes by Ben Skywalker as well.

Here's a few I'd like to share.

Ben: "You're my Master, I'm your student."
Luke: "You're a full Jedi Knight now, even if there are plenty of places in the galaxy where you can't legally vote or drink. Surely you didn't forget your promotion. You only talked about it for two years."
Ben: "I wasn't that bad. And you're a rank above Master, so you should have a student a rank above apprentice."
Luke: "Interesting logic."
―Ben and Luke, continuing the discussion of whether Ben should accompany his father into exile

Luke: "Postflight checklist."
Ben: "Oh. Engines cooling within standard rates. I notice there's no one here."
Luke: "No one here, check."
Ben: "Running engine diagnostics now. And the hangar doors are… Locked. We're locked in."
Luke: "Locked in, check."
Ben: "Stop that."
—Luke and Ben, after landing on Dorin[

Luke: "What's one of the first things you learned in training to become a Jedi?"
Ben: "Don't cut off your own head with a lightsaber."
Luke: "After that."
Ben: "Your eyes can deceive you. Be mindful of your feeling. Girls are fun but dangerous. Lando has extra cards up his sleeve."
Luke: "Well, the truth is in there somewhere…"

And my personal favorite.

"I don't think I've ever seen so many brown robes together in one place. It's like a showroom for the world's dullest textile factory."
―Ben, on seeing most of the New Jedi Order in one room

Luke: "Ben, what is our purpose as Jedi?"
Ben: "Well…to keep the Force in balance and to help people stay in balance with the Force. To detect wrongs and make them right. To serve as models for very attractive lines of boots."
Luke: "Let's go back one."

Edited by No WhereMan, 17 April 2010 - 02:51 PM.

#15 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

Actually it was never confirmed that he died and didn't they have a movie after the final episode?

Edited by Uzumakikage, 17 April 2010 - 02:25 PM.

#16 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 17 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually it was never confirmed that he died and didn't they have a movie after the final episode?

"Spike is generally thought to have died of wounds sustained in his final duel with Vicious, and the fading star in the ending theme of the finale is thought to support this claim. In an interview, Watanabe stated "I've never officially said that he died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead." However, he also believes that fans would be upset if there was a continuation. The later Cowboy Bebop movie Knockin' on Heaven's Door was set between episodes 22 and 23 of the original TV series."

Edited by Cloud, 17 April 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#17 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 17 2010, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Spike is generally thought to have died of wounds sustained in his final duel with Vicious, and the fading star in the ending theme of the finale is thought to support this claim. In an interview, Watanabe stated "I've never officially said that he died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead." However, he also believes that fans would be upset if there was a continuation. The later Cowboy Bebop movie Knockin' on Heaven's Door was set between episodes 22 and 23 of the original TV series."

See I hate those type of cop outs. If the guy is alive, say he's alive. The fans will not be upset if he's alive. They will want to read more, because he's alive. Saying that, we'd be upset is bull.

Either way the Cowboy Behop train is gone and ended. All we have to look forward to is Keanu Reeves playing Spike. .....yay. shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by No WhereMan, 17 April 2010 - 02:41 PM.

#18 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 17 2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, thanks for the clarification Cloud. a_thumbs.gif

I think another season would of went well, Watanabe is a great writer he could of pulled it off, a sexy SpikeXFay bounty duo couple. shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 17 April 2010 - 02:46 PM.

#19 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

Well I'm annoyed. Well some of you might not have known but, last year I used to possess a 360 and a ps3. I say used to possess because my house got broken into and both systems plus most of the games I had for them were stolen. Granted that sucks and eventually I got over it. But this year I finally got a new ps3 and I've been trying to get a lot of what I had in the past back on.

One snafu in the works is the fact that my credit card info wasn't being registered on PSN. Now, why does that matter on an online system that's free. Well, namely I wanted to play MVC 2...A LOT!!! And the only way you can get it is through an online purchase. So since my credit card info wasn't being taken by my system, I decided to call Sony to see if there was anything they can do to help.

Me and the Sony Lady, both were on the phone and we went through all the steps. And still it said my info was invalid. Mind you I have money on my card and that card doesn't expire till 2011. So all of my information is legit.

Apparently, Sony made some sort of change till their credit card registry, because the lady on the phone said a lot of people were having that problem. The fact that cards people used in the past were coming up not working. So Sony's brilliant solution is the a PSN Credit card. You sign up for one of their credit cards, to use to purchase items on their sites. And I'm like kitten that, I'm not going to sign up for another credit card just for Sony. Because that's a scam in itself. One additional credit card means an additional bill I have to worry about. There's no reason why valid credit cards shouldn't be accepted so Sony can push their own credit cards onto it's customers.

I like Sony's products, but I really hate the way they do business sometimes. So, now I'm irritated and screwed.

Edited by No WhereMan, 21 April 2010 - 10:37 PM.

#20 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

Damn that really sucks. Sony is totally in the wrong for pulling that kind of bs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users