Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54173 replies to this topic

#48341 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:56 AM

Not sure Tite Kubo is married but Orihime was mentioned as the love interest for Ichigo ever since the conception of Bleach. Something of a statement saying while Rukia is the main female, Orihime is the love interest/heroine (or something like that).

Besides collectible figurines and plush, Hinata hardly ever sold as merchandise (and I mean stuff like posters, t-shirts, keychains, etc). Besides the main cast, you will see Shikamaru, Rock Lee, Gaara, the Sannin, Iruka, Minato, "mascots" like Pakkun and the toads and Akatsuki members (primarily Itachi, Deidara, and Sasori). Another reason why I'm questioning to this day how fans claimed Hinata's a popular character when in reality, she really wasn't in the public eye to legit those claims.

Yeah, Mr. Kubo showed it in the pilot to Bleach that there was something between Ichigo and Orihime and it seems in the finished product, Mr. Kubo carried it over to the mix with her as Ichigo's love interesting while Rukia was the main female/heroine character in the franchise.

I know what you mean about the merch department, Derock, it makes no sense to me for sure/ =/

#48342 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:59 AM

Like I've said a bunch of times, I can't overstate how much I wanted Ichigo to be with Rukia. I loved the way Rukia was with him. But I can never, ever be angry with Kubo for not doing it. He stayed true to what he wanted to do. He didn't pull a Kishimoto. And it's impossible to begrudge someone who does that.

#48343 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:00 AM

Not sure Tite Kubo is married but Orihime was mentioned as the love interest for Ichigo ever since the conception of Bleach. Something of a statement saying while Rukia is the main female, Orihime is the love interest/heroine (or something like that).

Besides collectible figurines and plush, Hinata hardly ever sold as merchandise (and I mean stuff like posters, t-shirts, keychains, etc). Besides the main cast, you will see Shikamaru, Rock Lee, Gaara, the Sannin, Iruka, Minato, "mascots" like Pakkun and the toads and Akatsuki members (primarily Itachi, Deidara, and Sasori). Another reason why I'm questioning to this day how fans claimed Hinata's a popular character when in reality, she really wasn't in the public eye to legit those claims.

Yeah Ichigo/Orihime made sense in my opinion, but I personally would have gone with Ichigo/Rukia and Chad/Orihime. I was so disappointed that Kubo made Rukia into such a useless side character because after the Soul Society Arc, she was no longer the main female. I thought Ichigo had much better chemistry with Rukia.  I think my biggest annoyance with the end pairings for Bleach (Not gonna talk about that whole last arc that was a travesty) is that Rukia ended up with Renji. I hated Renji so much and while they had a history, his chemistry with Rukia PALED in comparison to hers with Ichigo. 

Edited by jak123, 26 February 2018 - 06:01 AM.

#48344 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:02 AM

Bail is better at explaining this than I am, but basically they, SP and editors or whoever else, wanted this western market who all liked Hinata. They thought they would make so much more profit that way. But almost everyone over here just read the manga and watched the anime online. So they made a profit-oriented decision to appeal to people who were never going to spend a cent regardless of what they did. It seems so insanely idiotic. But I blame Kishi. It was his creation. He should have cared about Sakura. She was supposed to be somewhat based on his wife. He should have had the temerity to stick by her the way Kubo did with Orihime, who I doubt was based on Kubo's wife. Is Kubo even married? Either way, it's pathetic.

That's weird considering I don't ever remember knowing anyone who was a huge fan of Hinata and I knew a bunch of people who liked Naruto.

#48345 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

That's weird considering I don't ever remember knowing anyone who was a huge fan of Hinata and I knew a bunch of people who liked Naruto.

They were vocal. A lot of people weren't.

I also wanna say that Ichigo ending up with Orihime is not like Naruto ending up with Hinata. NH would be more comparable to Ichigo ending up with Tatsuki. But even that isn't really fair. Ichigo would actually have chemistry with Tatsuki.

#48346 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:31 AM

I also wanna say that Ichigo ending up with Orihime is not like Naruto ending up with Hinata. NH would be more comparable to Ichigo ending up with Tatsuki. But even that isn't really fair. Ichigo would actually have chemistry with Tatsuki.

Yeah, Tatsuki was another character that I wish had gotten more screen time. 

#48347 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:50 AM

Eh, I was okayish on the ending of Bleach. Then again, I've been indifferent to it for years, so I really didn't care. It felt like everyone became a side character towards the end, with the manga force-feeding us fights involving characters I'm certain no one cared for. I almost feel Kubo had the opposite problem as Kishimoto (though in hindsight that is up for debate). Kishimoto did not develop his side characters very well and did away with them very quickly. Kubo forgot about his main characters to keep focusing on others that didn't add anything to the plot.

As for the pairings, Kubo at least didn't cross the same lines Kishimoto did. None of them are toxic as far as I can tell, and at the end it seemed everyone was in character. Nothing to get upset over, but nothing to really get excited about either.

I will say this though: I sincerely appreciated Kubo doing the prologue with how Ichigo's parents met, and giving the mom a clear resemblance to Orohime. I was a bit skeptical at the time how this would turn out, given what happened with Kushina and what not, but it played out like I thought. I wouldn't count it as development for Ichihime, but to me it was at least a heads-up on what was going to happen. Kishimoto on the other hand was determined to lie to fans, even after the "moment" that made NaruHina canon.

#48348 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

Like I've said a bunch of times, I can't overstate how much I wanted Ichigo to be with Rukia. I loved the way Rukia was with him. But I can never, ever be angry with Kubo for not doing it. He stayed true to what he wanted to do. He didn't pull a Kishimoto. And it's impossible to begrudge someone who does that.

Ya ichigo and rukia were one the best parts of bleach and had great development. I blame jump for kubo rushing the ending. It least the bleach ending showed these character still see each other and showed the final pairs on screen unlike naruto did. But everyone but I think rukia were the complete opposite of how they were in the series.

Yeah Ichigo/Orihime made sense in my opinion, but I personally would have gone with Ichigo/Rukia and Chad/Orihime. I was so disappointed that Kubo made Rukia into such a useless side character because after the Soul Society Arc, she was no longer the main female. I thought Ichigo had much better chemistry with Rukia.  I think my biggest annoyance with the end pairings for Bleach (Not gonna talk about that whole last arc that was a travesty) is that Rukia ended up with Renji. I hated Renji so much and while they had a history, his chemistry with Rukia PALED in comparison to hers with Ichigo.

I would have gone orihime and uryu. Pretty sure renji knew about ichigo had feelings for rukia.

That's Tatsuki did have more chemistry with ichigo and they could have been a good couple but that's more friends then anything and we did see how close they were especially in episode 8 or 9 where she told orihime about his mom dying.

Yeah, Tatsuki was another character that I wish had gotten more screen time.

She was one of the best side human characters. In my version of bleach tatsuki does alot more and was a soul reaper and is one of winter soldiers long story.

#48349 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

I would have gone orihime and uryu. Pretty sure renji knew about ichigo had feelings for rukia.

Yeah, I think another one of my problems is that it felt Rukia only ended up with Renji because Ichigo was taken. 

#48350 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, I think another one of my problems is that it felt Rukia only ended up with Renji because Ichigo was taken. 

So, the same reason Sakura ended up with Sasuke? Kubo was nice enough to not destroy her character just so that she could be with Renji, at least.

#48351 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

So, the same reason Sakura ended up with Sasuke? Kubo was nice enough to not destroy her character just so that she could be with Renji, at least.

I guess that's true, but I still hated what happened to Rukia as well. After Soul Society, the only real time she was prominent is when she gave Ichigo his powers back. It was to a lesser extent, but I think Kubo destroyed her character as well.

#48352 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:01 PM

I guess that's true, but I still hated what happened to Rukia as well. After Soul Society, the only real time she was prominent is when she gave Ichigo his powers back. It was to a lesser extent, but I think Kubo destroyed her character as well.

To be honest, the greatness of Bleach sort of was gone after Soul Society. That arc was just so amazing. There was smatterings of good stuff after that but he never reached, hell never even came close, to those heights again. To me, Bleach is that arc. I don't really think about the stuff that happened after it.

It's like how in Death Note, I don't really think about the stuff after L dies. Although that stuff is actually better than post Soul Society Bleach.

Edited by DrK, 26 February 2018 - 04:03 PM.

#48353 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

Bleach should've ended after Aizen was defeated. Naruto should've ended after Pain was defeated. It was the perfect setup, and they could've ended it while it was still good. Instead, well...

#48354 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a scumbag.

#48355 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

Bleach should've ended after Aizen was defeated. Naruto should've ended after Pain was defeated. It was the perfect setup, and they could've ended it while it was still good. Instead, well...

The best idea would've been this: immediately after the Pain arc, he should've declared "HIATUS!!!" so he should spent time with his family and develop a much more clever ideas to continue the franchise instead of the BS we had right now. Willing the bet everyone would've been salty though (oh well, oh hell for them). One thing I think that may be not a good idea would be Pierrot would be all over the place if they let their Hinata biased workers in full reign with the anime. (And RtN wouldn't be conceived).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#48356 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

I think he is. It was mentioned somewhere but he did not say anything else besides state it. Still, At least he is not insulting his wife by saying he based a character off of her then had Ichigo marry another character and then lie to his wife's face and say "Oh no, this is the character based off of you baby cakes!" :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 March 2018 - 12:51 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#48357 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

I think he is. It was mentioned somewhere but he did not say anything else besides state it. Still, At least he is not insulting his wife by saying he based a character off of her then had Ichigo marry another character and then lie to his wife's face and say "on no this is the character based off of you baby cakes!" :zaru:

Was the real insult that he said she was based on a character that she wasn't, when there was a character that actually was that he had screwed over... or that he said she was based on Hinata?

Cause I dunno which is worse.

#48358 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

He told his wife that it was actually Hinata that was based off her, instead of Sakura when she got angry at him about why Naruto did not end up with Sakura, because he told her before Sakura was based off of her at first. His wife has way more sense than he does :ermm:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 February 2018 - 07:52 PM.

#48359 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

I think he is. It was mentioned somewhere but he did not say anything else besides state it. Still, At least he is not insulting his wife by saying he based a character off of her then had Ichigo marry another character and then lie to his wife's face and say "on no this is the character based off of you baby cakes!" :zaru:

Was the real insult that he said she was based on a character that she wasn't, when there was a character that actually was that he had screwed over... or that he said she was based on Hinata?

Cause I dunno which is worse.

I lol'd so hard when I found out that Kishimoto's wife HATED the ending and end pairings. I heard that Sakura is based off of her. 

Talking about characters based off of wives. I heard Oda based Nami off of his wife. I wonder what he will do with her. One Piece doesn't have anywhere near the romance that Naruto or Bleach does, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were end pairings. As long as Nami doesn't end up with Sanji, I'm good.

#48360 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

Hey we should have sent a drone to  the Kishimoto household when that was happening and enjoy some popcorn and Coca Cola   :party:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 February 2018 - 08:47 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users