#2 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

I guess that explains Tobi's craziness when he was around "Deidara-Senpai."

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#3 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

seems like it plays a big part in naruto, more then we know.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#4 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hmmmm........... --Click here to view--
I don't know how I feel about this chapter. I still like it, it's just seems a little weird. The humor was kind of weird, but it did show more about Obito. It even added a little bit more to Rin's character, showing that she actually did cared and worried about Obito. Obito's transformation into Tobi is actually coming off very interesting, even though certain things seemed odd and out of place, like him befriending the Zetsus clones. Actually it's mostly about how their friendship was made is actually what I didn't like about this chapter, it just seemed rushed. Overall I feel mix about this chapter, Obito's backstory still proves that it has good potential in it (even though I think I can see how everything is going to go), but the humor in it comes off weird (even though there's are some great chuckling moments (him trying to kiss a picture of Rin in the team photo was probably the best part of the chapter)).

#5 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

i guess that explains Tobi's personality, if it turns out Rin was killed by ninja from the Mist, does that mean Obito took control of it by using Yagura as a puppet and turned it into a tyrannical rule as a form of retribution?
I think its looking more and more likely that every action that Obito has taken is a result or Rin dying. Mist kill her, he takes control, possibly Minato wasn't able to get there in time, he has no problem attacking him when Naruto was born.

Though it does make his own motivation kind of weak in the long run, it strengthens the idea that loss can make people give up on the world and the parallel that he is what Naruto would become if Sakura died and that's cool in my opinion

Edited by neoshadow, 26 September 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Well, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm really liking Obito more. It's really a tragic that he would later become the most wanted criminal. I really like how Obito got the same mind when it comes to team: he likes the girl in the team (Rin) and he despises the guy who is considered "cool" (Kakashi). I mean come on, he wrote his name like he's that badass. Funny how he crossed Kakashi's picture. Gotta like how he dreams about his team members. Sounds familiar. Hm...

Anyway, the next chapter is going to be very interesting and it will be the breaking point of his character. It's really coming together as more and more chapters come. I'm impressed with this. I didn't mind the comedy in the beginning. It just showcase more of Obito's personality and how everything we see from him will soon all disappear. Damn man. Off-topic in some way but for the love of humanity, Naruto must accomplish everything that these guys couldn't. I just don't see him missing the opportunity. It's clear as the sky. But for now, more flashbacks.

#7 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

I'll bet the zetsu thing with the spiral face speaks in Tobi's goofy voice and that's where Obito gets it from. And I just realized the chapter explains why his arm was all gooey when the fourth hokage hit him with the rasengan.

Edited by sardns, 26 September 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#8 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Now we know where Tobi got his personality from. Although I must say I don't remember the Zetsus being so...whimsical. tongue.gif

I liked the flashbacks that showed us more of Obito and Rin's relationship, especially when it shows her fussing over him. Reminds me of a certain punk haired kunoichi. wink.gif

I wonder what's going to happen next. If Obito was able to borrow Zetsu's body to help Kakashi and Rin, does that mean that he knows about the precise circumstances regarding her death? I guess so, but it seems like he won't get there in time. I wonder what else will happen that will make him accuse Kakashi of "letting Rin die."

All in all, Obito's backstory is just so heartbreaking. It gets even sadder because I keep picturing Naruto in his place. sad.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#9 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

H
Now we also know how obito could fight minato!!
And that he wants the world in genjutsu to revive rin .

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Sep 26 2012, 03:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now we know where Tobi got his personality from. Although I must say I don't remember the Zetsus being so...whimsical. tongue.gif

I liked the flashbacks that showed us more of Obito and Rin's relationship, especially when it shows her fussing over him. Reminds me of a certain punk haired kunoichi. wink.gif

I wonder what's going to happen next. If Obito was able to borrow Zetsu's body to help Kakashi and Rin, does that mean that he knows about the precise circumstances regarding her death? I guess so, but it seems like he won't get there in time. I wonder what else will happen that will make him accuse Kakashi of "letting Rin die."

All in all, Obito's backstory is just so heartbreaking. It gets even sadder because I keep picturing Naruto in his place. sad.gif

I don't care anymore. NaruSaku or riot. I'm on my own, though you're welcome to join. But seriously, I really think Kishi is really telling us that we should not give up on Naruto. He must overcome the ultimate odds.

#11 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

Ah man this is so touching. *sob* Like the last chapter, I find it sweet and sad at the same time. It was nice seeing Obito's thoughts again. I think It's sweet how much he cared for both his teammates, especially Rin. This set of flashbacks is making me into such of a Rin/Obito shipper it's not even funny. wub.gif Too bad I already know how that's gonna end up. sad.gif The worst thing is that their story reminds me too much of Naruto and Sakura.

So anyway looks like Obito will get to see in the next chapter what happens to Rin first-hand. I better prepare the tissues for that one. shamefulcry0js.gif I had a feeling ever since Obito accused Kakashi of letting Rin die that he wasn't only blaming him but also himself. According to the way the story is going, that will probably end up true. Obito will probably not arrive in time to do anything and that will break him.

Edited by Kim, 26 September 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#12 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Parallelograms --Click here to view--
The number of parallels is TOO DAMN HIGH rawr.gif

Edited by Chucky-kun, 26 September 2012 - 07:53 AM.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#13 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Sep 26 2012, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you mean pink? headscratch.gif
laugh.gif

--
But if Obito goes out to watch Rin die, why didn't he save her? D:
Kakashi has obviously not seen Zetsu before part 2, Obito would've stepped in. :s

Edited by sushi., 26 September 2012 - 07:32 AM.

ナルサク

#14 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

I've gotta say this chapter was quite interesting and lead to some interesting revelations on how Obito got his spiral mask and I'm not so sure about the next chapter... it could be the chapter we're all fearing. The descent into darkness for Obito.

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 26 September 2012 - 08:31 AM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#15 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Sep 26 2012, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't care anymore. NaruSaku or riot. I'm on my own, though you're welcome to join. But seriously, I really think Kishi is really telling us that we should not give up on Naruto. He must overcome the ultimate odds.

I agree. At his point, if NS doesn't become canon, to me it would really feel like something is missing.

QUOTE (Kim @ Sep 26 2012, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah man this is so touching. *sob* Like the last chapter, I find it sweet and sad at the same time. It was nice seeing Obito's thoughts again. I think It's sweet how much he cared for both his teammates, especially Rin. This set of flashbacks is making me into such of a Rin/Obito shipper it's not even funny. wub.gif Too bad I already know how that's gonna end up. sad.gif The worst thins is that their stiry reminds me too much of Naruto and Sakura.

So anyway looks like Obito will get to see in the next chapter what happens to Rin first-hand. I better prepare the tissues for that one. shamefulcry0js.gif I had a feeling ever since Obito accused Kakashi of letting Rin die that he wasn't only blaming him but also himself. According to the way the story is going, that will probably end up true. Obito will probably not arrive in time to do anything and that will break him.

Indeed. I also believe that we will see Obito break down during the next chapter(s). My guess is that he will finally give in to Madara's will and accept that the world is dark and cruel and that the only way for everyone to achieve happiness is through genjutsu.

QUOTE (sushi. @ Sep 26 2012, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you mean pink? headscratch.gif
laugh.gif

--
But if Obito goes out to watch Rin die, why didn't he save her? D:
Kakashi has obviously not seen Zetsu before part 2, Obito would've stepped in. :s

Yes, yes I did. yes.gif Although I don't think Sakura would look half bad with a punk haircut. tongue.gif

As for Obito, maybe he arrived too late or maybe the Zetsu clone forced him to remain hidden so as not to give away Madara's entire operation.

Edited by TerrorKing, 26 September 2012 - 08:19 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#16 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Anybody wanna take bets.... --Click here to view--
On the so-called Mist Ninja being Zetsus?? think about it. Madara is a master manipulator. I'm damn sure he ordered the Zetsus to kill Rin and Kakashi.

Anyways, a fairly good chapter. The humor with the Zetsus were a bit out of place, but overall, the rest were good. Gotta love Obito trying to kiss Rin in the photo and being caught by Kakashi. The Uchiha loopyness strikes again laugh.gif .

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#17 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 26 2012, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the so-called Mist Ninja being Zetsus?? think about it. Madara is a master manipulator. I'm damn sure he ordered the Zetsus to kill Rin and Kakashi.

Anyways, a fairly good chapter. The humor with the Zetsus were a bit out of place, but overall, the rest were good. Gotta love Obito trying to kiss Rin in the photo and being caught by Kakashi. The Uchiha loopyness strikes again laugh.gif .

Interesting theory!

Especially considering --Click here to view--
Obito was suspicious as to why the Zetsus were helping him.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#18 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 26 2012, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems like a good prediction to me. But I wonder, maybe Kakashi does let Rin die.

#19 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 26 2012, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or better yet... --Click here to view--

Could it be an elaborate genjustu set up by Madara himself to trick Obito into thinking Kakashi was the one that killed Rin and began his brainwashing of Obito to convince him to join him in his quest?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#20 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

My my my the plot thickens. Dun dun duuuuuuun --Click here to view--
Okay well I take back the whole "what came first in my last comments," but I still don't want to say Obito is a Zetsu clone body.

I noticed Obito sporting long hair and looking....just like Madara. Perhaps this is why Kisame thought he was Madara and why Obito played himself off as such and why he was able to take off the mask. I mean, look at him. He is practically a spitting image of him. New theory, Obito is a decendant from Madara which is why he look familiar with the hair. THAT would be interesting. Question, answered.

The two....well the other one looks like Tobi and the other Zetsu seem to suggest that they were artificially created. (Tobi asking bout poop reminded me so much of One Piece.) This got me thinking that maybe Zetsu himself was artificially created and not a born ninja. It would make sense. Also with the split personalities suggest that too. OR Black Zetsu is the real version of Zetsu who like Obito lost half his body and Madara/Obito fused him with a white one. I don't know just throwing thoughts out there.

Tobi fusing with Obito is a great plot idea to add into the mix. (Spider-man reference with Vemon.) Maybe fusing like that caused him to lose it or make him more aggressive and angry. Like the symbiote(Sp?) did. Yeah I don't think Rin's death alone made him crazy, but it was a breaking point that was beginning of his decent.

I would be all for Madara manipulating all of this. It just seems so perfect that, Tobi and Zetsu were so willing to help out and that they were watching Rin and Kakashi. It's too perfect yeah.

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Sep 25 2012, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will. Just for laughs.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 26 September 2012 - 09:03 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users