#1 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

I had alot of friends who used to love NaruSaku. But after so many people raging about NaruHina, they dislike the pairing. I have always been a loyal fan of NS. But alot of people hate me for liking them. After getting so much hate, I find myself loosing confidence in NS. I still believe in the pairing, but I end up loosing hope of NS everyday. Has anyone else ever had that happen?

#2 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

No, not really. I'm quite lucky, in that regard, though. None of my friends are really into anime (one of them likes Death Note and another one liked Vampire Knight but that's all), so I mostly watch Naruto with my sisters, and it was actually my older sister who converted me to NaruSaku. Now I think I love it more than she does :3 My other sister is neutral but knows that NaruSaku's going to happen because it's the only one that makes sense. In addition to that, I'm the admin for a fairly large (4,000 members) NaruSaku group on facebook and am getting involved on the forums here, so practically everybody I talk to believes in NaruSaku 100%. Anyway, my point is that I mostly only talk to NaruSaku fans, so I never feel threatened by other pairings, really. My suggestion to you is to not talk to people about Naruto pairings if they don't like NaruSaku. It's going to happen, I have no doubt, so just don't bother with the haters. Their eyes will be opened soon enough when NaruSaku happens. :) Also, if you're worried, just find proof essays and stuff, because honestly, the only ship with ANY proof at all, really ,is NaruSaku ^^

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#3 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

Turns out some of my friends and acquaintances are into Naruto, but I've never talked about pairings with them even when Naruto has come up.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#4 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

NS is actually fine, if anything NH was rather just overhyped, especially when the pain and 615 events came around. Heres a long ass post to bring you a little insight.

People thought 469 ended NS and that naruto would just move onto Hinata, but nothing was ever shown, naruto never reveaulated his feelings or acted differently with sakura. Some people act like he did but feelings in this manga never change offscreen. In the entirety of the war arc, there was little interaction with Naruto and Hinata, only around 560 or so did Naruto even comment HInata and show a short memory of the pain event, that is it, yet NH fans took this perception up to 11 that it fills in everything.

Then Kushinas foreshadow came in 504, because this was saying that there would otherwise be an end pairing with her find a girl like me, many fans said it was either NS or NH. 615 came, NH fans flipped and said they won (depsite not all questions being answered)

Though in all this time, we never had Naruto moving on from Sakura, talking more with Hinata, or even more interaction with Hinata. Even a filler was made taking place after the land of iron (ep 235) with naruto still loving Sakura and fillers cannot conflict with the manga, (the filler arc with Utakta did but it was patched up in another episode with naruto encountering him when he appeared in edo tensei).

So despite the few years of no NS moments after 484 around there, we got 631 and this chapter was legendary, not for it being an everything that could go right did go right for us, it was a massive upset for NH and SS fans. Fans on narutobase and narutofourms and others, these fourms were shutdown due to the same fans that only weeks before said NH had won, now that this came up, so soon, these people were ticked off.

631 showed a few things: Naruto still loved Sakura, considering otherwise liking the idea of sakura as his girlfriend even as a comedic moment, and it invoked Minato seeing Kushina in Sakura, or both girls alike and when fans noticed that this could be taken in tandem with 504, it was an omen of worry for NH and SS fans. The deal was, it was just a deal of parallelism to hint what could come and the main plot had used parallelism a lot. But rather than take this deal as just comedy and a hint, people flipped out and resorted to all sorts of crazy logic to try and say its not true, they said it proves NS could not work as a kushina kushina, they still tried to compare Hinata to either parents, they tried to make a mountain out of the hand holding despite narutos bigger focus on this moment being neji, whenever we came back to this chapter, from narutos side we see neji's death not the hand holding. Then came the best part, people saying he confused the words girlfriend and girl who is a friend. To me this is the most controversial part of the pairing war because fans reacted so hostile, so negatively, so outraged at a simple foreshadow, the deal is now many ignore it when its apparently a taboo to try and link 504 and 631 just as a possible hint. People made such a fuss and so many divided views over this, the NH and SS fandoms themselves managed to create views opposing this that actually contradicted each other, it was a riot.

People were expecting NH to come, but NH has had and still has one constant problem, Hinata herself being infrequent. Look at the full scale of the manga, not the anime, she hardly appears. In part 1, she was only in the chunin exams even as long as that arc was, the moment neji was defeated her role in part 1 ended, while that arc was fine even as an intro arc, kishi didnt carry her out to her potential. In part 2, it became worse, she was quickly reintroduced but not much just showing team 8 after 3 years. She did join her team and naruto in the itachi pursuit arc, but there wasn't any real development here, even for team 7 this was sasuke's arc. Then came her pain event and its not like the crazy crap shown in ep 166 which was all filler. See something shocking? We didn't know hinata much before her confession and she still remains a largely unknown character who is just infrequent appearing once every 50+ chapters and fans consider this a reason still that just because she loves naruto this means NH should go canon.

Yet 631 made it clear he still loves sakura, he still likes the idea of her as his girlfriend, and if NS was dead, why would kishi be hinting it? Its no suprise many NH fans dropped this but many just otherwise ignored the large portion of NS stuff to begin with.

I mean its not like it was in part 1, but in part 2, NS came in full force even with stuff like her discovering the nine tails, the removal of a jinchurkis tailed beast, the 4 tails event, yamatos words, offering to help feed him ramen after he gave her a morale boost of them both getting closer to sasuke, the hug after the pain stuff, sais reveal, naruto saving her from sasuke, etc.

One in partitular was yamatos words and despite how people dismiss this, it always threw a new question fans should be asking more, how does she feel about naruto since yamato said its how she feels that matters more than the power she can support him with. Fans dismiss this a lot and well due to many events it leads one to wonder what does she feel for him especially since after the land of iron she also has a new view on sasuke, a negative one with mistrust that will like the rest of this stuff lead somewhere.

If anything else, 663 another moment for us and it happened just this year. It wasn't the CPR but the fact she wants him to become hokage, Sakura wants naruto to become hokage and would not allow him to die. In some cases one of her dreams was for his dream to succeed and ironically in this whole situation, sakura going to help naruto was not only a means to get her in the setup right now to be present in the fight with kagyua, it did have its purpose for this scene like again, asking how does she feel about him? This was Sakura acting worried, concerned, about to cry over naruto, the very guy she used to care nothing for, now we get a scene where she is vowing not to let him die and memories of his dream she wants him to succeed in? It didnt help NH fans at all when Hinata was denied any part in this event where the hero needed help at his worst time and in turn it wasn't hinata but Sakura, the heroine and Obito, his former enemy who ended up saving him. But fans kept saying the worst crap you could imagine, made statements like sakura should go to sasuke or will be more torn up on him yet sakura never learned of what happened to sasuke and fans didn't like this, they didn't like how kishi made sakura go with naruto and not hinata even though he could have.

So when naruto met the sage, many NH fans said Hinata will meet kagyua, yet nope, as soon as she came back she was pulled into the genjutsu.

And in the majority of this war, SS had to deal with Sakura not trusting sasuke (still exists as far as we know) and well there was some negative emotional pressue on her from sasuke too. I mean SS fans made a deal of 675 proving she still loves sasuke (defeats the entire purpose of kakashi saying its changed in some way) or that it somehow increased more which just provides even more confusion and doesn't help even address the pre-existing problems with this ship and just the sheer story and character logic it breaks at many areas and just how much inconsistency it generates or otherwise paradoxes. We naturally say it has decreased or has gone into a starting point of decreasing because for all purposes its negative portrayal and its been undeveloped for so long and sakura has changed a lot in regards to naruto and sasuke, she also had events with naruto where she actually did make some events from her to naruto and made them mutual, she has been the only character left leaving people to ask how does she feel about sasuke? She is the only one that in some form has been shown to question her feelings. The whole deal with SS in saying it increased doesnt make it much different from before especially when the author has presented it in such an antagonistic way, it never even impacted sasuke and still doesn't and people still expect he will just suddenly return the feelings when his character never even has a purpose, need, or reason character or plot wise to go loving any other girl, romance for another is not important or even nessessary on sasuke at this point yet fans will make excuses thinking there is, even that he has had hidden feelings for her this whole time which is absolutely bonkers.

It didn't help SS case when Sakura has an uneasy feeling about him right now, even after him not caring about her safety (according to her, naruto saved sakura from madara when sasuke went just to attack but in looked like sasuke may had actually just gone in to slice through her in an effort to reach madara) then inside the sussano during the genjutsu sasuke basically tells her to be quiet she is of no use, this gets naruto mad, then came the ultimate, the biggest deal of all in chapter 680 sasuke himself both states that he didnt intend to save sakura or kakashi from the genjutsu, only that they were close to him and right in the start of this chapter he was willing to let them fall into their deaths in the lava. This is not pro-SS at all, its just bad, Sasuke being an a**hole and just abandoning his comrades, how many times has kakashi brought this up in the series? We know this statement originally from obito was an important resonating one in the series.

This stuff isn't helping SS, for all purposes its negative, it still is in the current situation, sakura still mistrusts him and this just leads me to question how could it have increased more? I mean why all this emotional pressure, why all this uneasiness around him? Why show it as negative if she still does love him? Whats the purpose of this? For sakura to suffer so long for her love it just happens because she waited and believed? Thats just too simple and makes this subplot just use an overly convenient disney style love crap plot, it just happens because its just too stupid for its own good. Its even harder to believe that SS just occurs because Sakura convinently always loved him and that all this change and dynamics with naruto just goes well, nowhere only as friendship.

The biggest flaw with both NH and SS at this point is, no matter how they happen if they do, they are highly underdeveloped and just make not much sense, NH makes more than SS it has a bit of development but SS is otherwise a mess. The biggest deal is, NS is still the most dynamic and changed onscreen even with just friendship and people seriously couldnt question this like why would kishi just use something so underdeveloped with still many unresolved deals and issues where he actually built NS with a lot of content, pacing, interaction, dynamics, and stuff that otherwise has a lot of meaning to make a more intact ending to this romance subplot? It has answered many deals in itself and still has more to answer but NS has had progress and its events have flown from a to b to c all without much issue and its just if kishi is intent on NH and SS he is doing a terrible job because rather than focus on NS if its not going to be canon, why didnt he just use those 2 more, in fact if NS was dead or not going to happen, then why would he hint it? That just makes the coming of NH and SS even stupider if you ask me, it all goes back to well why didnt you build this in the first place? Why not have shown hinata with naruto more, at least given her a battle with him in the war, make sasuke ever regret or have second thoughts about his past with team 7 and what sakura felt for him? Why not have shown naruto rethinking his feelings for sakura rather than show us why he couldnt confess to her? Why even make Kushina like Sakura when he had full choice to make Kushina a shy girl who lacked talent at one point and otherwise had her own family issues? Not give her a background like sakura when she was young, you know phsycial feature she didnt like but a blond guy did, the girl hated the blond guy but over time came to respect them, in kushinas case love minato, but even going further to even state a possible end pairing composed of naruto and a girl like her with many chapters later, her own husband minato comes back and states sakura is like kushina? Kishi did all of this but would just otherwise use NH and SS?

Why show naruto still loving sakura then? Why hint it if it was dead in 469? Why show SS as negative? Why keep Hinata out of the events making her no more frequent even after the 615 stuff, the longer she is out the less chance NH has to even occur and fans still just think both NH and SS will sponatenously occur when this just proves more issues than answers. Fans just hold onto the assumption that NH and SS will occur simply because hinata loves naruto and sakura still loves sasuke, but it needs more than that, it needs reasons that both overcome and outdo the stuff hinted recently and much further in the past with NS.

People say NS died in 469, well naruto still loves sakura. People say 615 made NH canon, well then why is kishi hinting NS if it was dead. People say Sakura will always love sasuke, then why does she feel uneasy right now? That sakura can never change, its funny to think she could never change in releation to sasuke like she did with hating to caring deeply about naruto. In fact every character in one way or another has changed in this story and people expect that in similar cases like how gaara used to be a hate filled monster who wanted to kill others to the point he was a leader many came to respect and believe in even outright forgiving his own father for his misdeeds and attempts to kill him, Gaara got full resolution from hating his own father and others to outright forgiving his and being loved by others. People honestly expect sakura to still be the same with sasuke or just loves him more now despite the conflicts and questions this causes? Its again, saying she loves him more makes so much confusion then how does she love him more, how did she come to love him more, why would kishi be saying this and yet showing it still as some mistrust and negatively? Why hint NS much earlier, its not like this is just 631, this hint started in 504 years before hand so its already ground in the far past. How can we believe she loves him more when again the author has not shown us a reason for it increasing, just constant strife, antagonism, and conflict, nothing ideal or happy. Ever since 635 with this mistrust and recent negative emotional pressure, people still just expect SS to come? It doesn't work that way otherwise things just look so bad, this would literally make SS just overly convinent, overly simple, and just much weaker for it to just happen, espcially when the resulting view so far is that it looks negative, story twists happen, but when you reveal something thats the opposite with no prior reasoning even on the other part of things, in this case sasuke, if he actually did return the feelings, even so suddenly, if he had been either acting or holding them down all along, that would literally make the whole defection from the village a sheer "are you kittening kidding me moment" like why then the murder attempts, why willing to let her and kakashi die? Everything conflicting in SS rendered as a bad moment in their relationship? This is the type of fanfiction crap you see and this is the stuff some people want despite being aware of the problems or not. Its just a mess, this is why sakura loving sasuke more makes little to no sense. Its you say and portray something so long and get it into he heads of the audience and characters only to suddenly make a complete 180, it becomes absurd, this is even worse when we already have many negative SS events and if sasuke suddenly turned happy and good returning the feelings, this makes it much worse because of what happened before.

Yet its too hard for fans to just take 675 as a bit of sakura is falling out of love with sasuke but still sees him as a comrade and isn't going to let him do this dark stuff, that she cannot possibly see him as a simple comrade and friend now who she just wants to help. Its impossible to think she is trying to save him in the same way naruto has all this time now? Apparently this is too hard to imagine like 631.

But thats the fandom for you, NS is fine and well, the others have just gotten uneasy lets say because hinata going missing doesnt help NH and recently from SS, the answers are not as clear as they would want and it may not be what they are hoping for. NS is fine and its been better than ever in recent years. I don't know about you but there is a lot to believe in for NS at this point.

Edited by Inferno180, 12 July 2014 - 01:48 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#5 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Just ignore the haters. You'll save yourself a headache and a lot of drama and other BS. I've found it's best to stay away from Naruto topcs in general, considering the fanbase is probably one of the most...aggressive? Sure that's a good word. One of the most aggressive fanbases when it comes to pairings. 

664086690_1145760.gif

#6 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

Savannah. Can I just tell you, I know exactly how you feel? A lot of my friends disrespect NaruSaku, even though I respect their little pairing NaruHina. Sometimes it just helps to talk about all the reasons why NaruSaku is better. Trust me. That'll put them in their shoes. Logic beats NH any day.

- Naruto barely knows Hinata. He can't suddenly have feelings for someone he barely knew.

- Naruto and Sakura have developed throughout the series together.

- Naruto still loves Sakura no matter how many times, NH fans deny it.

- Naruto and Sakura are selfless to each other with their love and care for each other.

- Naruto and Sakura actually have a strong bond. Naruto and Hinata don't have that.

- Hinata was never really there for Naruto. Sakura's the first one to support him vocally.

- Sakura's feelings are constantly changing.

- Sakura used to hate Naruto for getting in the way - now she cares for him, admires him, trusts him, can act like herself around him, keep him tame when he's out of line...

- Naruto used to like Sakura because she was pretty. But that crush turned into a selfless one where he puts her happiness above even his own.

- Sakura's love and care for Sasuke was selfish. She only did it because she wanted to be with him. She never put Sasuke's feelings into consideration

- Sakura's love and care for Naruto is selfless. Just like how Naruto put her happiness above all in Part 1, in Part 2 Naruto's safety and wellbeing is her main concern. She doesn't do it to gain anything out of it.

- Sakura was willing to give up her friendship with Naruto, so that Naruto would be happy (in the confession).

- Sakura used to have a fangirl crush on Sasuke, where she was 100% sure she was in love with him.

- Now Sakura's feelings for Sasuke are weak - weaker than they already were. Her love for him is unsure and restrained.

- Hinata can't act like herself around Naruto. Naruto and Sakura can't like themselves around each other.

- Naruto has only felt platonic friendship with Hinata, up until the point Hinata confessed. His feelings cant just suddenly change, because he finally "saw" Hinata. The only person Naruto's "seen" throughout his whole life is Sakura.

- Naruto and Sakura both admire each other.

- Naruto hasn't seen Hinata's development or her inner turmoils. He's seen Sakura's.

- Naruto and Sakura understand each other.

- Naruto's feelings for Sakura have not wavered once throughout the series. Naruto has never yelled or hit Sakura back because he always knows there's a reason. The only time Naruto snapped back was in the fake confession - Naruto would rather Sakura be completely honest with her feelings than have him out of pity.

- Sakura has been slowly reciprocating Naruto's feelings. Naruto and Sasuke have not been shown once to start reciprocating feelings for the other person that likes them.

- Naruto respects Hinata, but not in a romantic way.

- Hinata would respect Naruto's choice to be with Sakura - because if Naruto's happy, she's happy.

NaruSaku just works in every single way. Don't ever give up hope in the pairing!

And oh yeah

- MinaKushi = NaruSaku not NaruHina, no matter what NH fans say.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#7 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

I had alot of friends who used to love NaruSaku. But after so many people raging about NaruHina, they dislike the pairing. I have always been a loyal fan of NS. But alot of people hate me for liking them. After getting so much hate, I find myself loosing confidence in NS. I still believe in the pairing, but I end up loosing hope of NS everyday. Has anyone else ever had that happen?

It would be nice if people could just accept having difference of opinion and not hate each other for it. -_- Honestly. Sorry to hear you're being treated that way for something as small as your choice of pairing. That kind of childishness is why I don't get too actively involved in fandom, I mostly just like what I like and don't bother with what other people might think of it. I actually don't know anyone else personally who reads Naruto, or if I do it's not anything that's ever come up, and I can't say I've ever really lost confidence in NS. I've never felt reason to. The only thing I can think that might be of help is to just distance yourself from haters, trying to talk to people stuck in petty hate will only wear you down.

#8 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Turns out some of my friends and acquaintances are into Naruto, but I've never talked about pairings with them even when Naruto has come up.

Wow. Same here! I never knew some of my friends were into it, but they were. But the term 'pairings' never even came up, to them. And I was totally fine with keeping it that way XD

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#9 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

That shouldn't surprise you. Sakura is hated for good reason. Her love for Sasuke should have been resolved at the end of part one but instead Kishimoto has dragged it on and on and on to the point where now nothing he does will make things acceptable. He sacrificed Sakura's character development so that he could postpone pairings until the end of the manga. Because of this many people get frustrated with Sakura's irrational love for Sasuke and condemn her character. I'm sure there's many people who only like Hinata because she's not Sakura. People want a likable female character in the series and if Sakura can't fit that role then Hinata's the next best thing.

In any case there's no reason to doubt NaruSaku. It's absolutely going to be the end pairing unless something crazy happens such as Sakura dying or Naruto turning evil.

The only thing I worry about at this point is whether or not Kishimoto will write a satisfying ending which will be quite difficult after all the holes he has dug himself into.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

NH fans still hanging on to the belief that Hinata has to end up with Naruto in order to give her character a conclusion, or that the volume cover meant anything. Even someone like me I never really saw the hand-holding as a threat (I knew it was going to cause problems) but in the end

"You have to interlock the fingers too otherwise we might as well just be friends"

-Jonah Hill (22 Jump Street)

Edited by Pepsi, 12 July 2014 - 08:05 PM.

eh10ut.jpg

#11 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

yes of course

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#12 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

I don't want to turn you off with a huge block of text so i'll try to make it as short as i can. i'll TRY lol

Always feel free to LIKE what YOU like.

Naruto is one of the mangas with the worst pairing wars and we tend to get involved someway or another.

Reading mangas are one of my favorite things to do because i REALLY enjoy it.

But i understand that sometimes we invest alot of feelings into these things that we sometimes forget out limit and ends up imposing our likes and dislikes to others.

I just noticed that back when i know nothing about forums and pairing wars... i just love what i love freely.

I even loved SasuSaku and NaruHina doesn't bother me in any way.

But only then, when i started to get involved too much in pairing wars did i started to feel insecure with what i like.

In the middle of it all i stopped reading NARUTO completely and i never visited forums anymore,

being fed up with unreasonable pairing wars and also being busy with my personal life too..

After like 3years my passion in reading mangas came back and i reread NARUTO.

Then I realized how BIASED and unreasonable I am before.

I began to see the story of the manga as it is without the opinions of others and i came to see the beauty of NaruSaku that I don't care about before...like thinking it was a brother-sister love only etc.. yeah i got it pretty bad before.

I am NOT saying forums and discussions are NO GOOD.

Its actually pretty enjoyable to see various opinions.

Just know what you like and what you don't and always respect people even if some of them are unreasonable.

Going back to one of your statements..

If you will lose hope for NaruSaku because of what you are reading and what you are actually feeling then go ahead and don't force yourself to believe in it.

But please do not lose hope on it just because some people hates you for liking something because that will be pure bullshizzz.

Edited by dejavu, 13 July 2014 - 09:47 AM.

#13 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

No, not really. I'm quite lucky, in that regard, though. None of my friends are really into anime (one of them likes Death Note and another one liked Vampire Knight but that's all), so I mostly watch Naruto with my sisters, and it was actually my older sister who converted me to NaruSaku. Now I think I love it more than she does :3 My other sister is neutral but knows that NaruSaku's going to happen because it's the only one that makes sense. In addition to that, I'm the admin for a fairly large (4,000 members) NaruSaku group on facebook and am getting involved on the forums here, so practically everybody I talk to believes in NaruSaku 100%. Anyway, my point is that I mostly only talk to NaruSaku fans, so I never feel threatened by other pairings, really. My suggestion to you is to not talk to people about Naruto pairings if they don't like NaruSaku. It's going to happen, I have no doubt, so just don't bother with the haters. Their eyes will be opened soon enough when NaruSaku happens. :) Also, if you're worried, just find proof essays and stuff, because honestly, the only ship with ANY proof at all, really ,is NaruSaku ^^

You got that right I had the same problem

#14 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

NS is actually fine, if anything NH was rather just overhyped, especially when the pain and 615 events came around. Heres a long ass post to bring you a little insight.

People thought 469 ended NS and that naruto would just move onto Hinata, but nothing was ever shown, naruto never reveaulated his feelings or acted differently with sakura. Some people act like he did but feelings in this manga never change offscreen. In the entirety of the war arc, there was little interaction with Naruto and Hinata, only around 560 or so did Naruto even comment HInata and show a short memory of the pain event, that is it, yet NH fans took this perception up to 11 that it fills in everything.

Then Kushinas foreshadow came in 504, because this was saying that there would otherwise be an end pairing with her find a girl like me, many fans said it was either NS or NH. 615 came, NH fans flipped and said they won (depsite not all questions being answered)

Though in all this time, we never had Naruto moving on from Sakura, talking more with Hinata, or even more interaction with Hinata. Even a filler was made taking place after the land of iron (ep 235) with naruto still loving Sakura and fillers cannot conflict with the manga, (the filler arc with Utakta did but it was patched up in another episode with naruto encountering him when he appeared in edo tensei).

So despite the few years of no NS moments after 484 around there, we got 631 and this chapter was legendary, not for it being an everything that could go right did go right for us, it was a massive upset for NH and SS fans. Fans on narutobase and narutofourms and others, these fourms were shutdown due to the same fans that only weeks before said NH had won, now that this came up, so soon, these people were ticked off.

631 showed a few things: Naruto still loved Sakura, considering otherwise liking the idea of sakura as his girlfriend even as a comedic moment, and it invoked Minato seeing Kushina in Sakura, or both girls alike and when fans noticed that this could be taken in tandem with 504, it was an omen of worry for NH and SS fans. The deal was, it was just a deal of parallelism to hint what could come and the main plot had used parallelism a lot. But rather than take this deal as just comedy and a hint, people flipped out and resorted to all sorts of crazy logic to try and say its not true, they said it proves NS could not work as a kushina kushina, they still tried to compare Hinata to either parents, they tried to make a mountain out of the hand holding despite narutos bigger focus on this moment being neji, whenever we came back to this chapter, from narutos side we see neji's death not the hand holding. Then came the best part, people saying he confused the words girlfriend and girl who is a friend. To me this is the most controversial part of the pairing war because fans reacted so hostile, so negatively, so outraged at a simple foreshadow, the deal is now many ignore it when its apparently a taboo to try and link 504 and 631 just as a possible hint. People made such a fuss and so many divided views over this, the NH and SS fandoms themselves managed to create views opposing this that actually contradicted each other, it was a riot.

People were expecting NH to come, but NH has had and still has one constant problem, Hinata herself being infrequent. Look at the full scale of the manga, not the anime, she hardly appears. In part 1, she was only in the chunin exams even as long as that arc was, the moment neji was defeated her role in part 1 ended, while that arc was fine even as an intro arc, kishi didnt carry her out to her potential. In part 2, it became worse, she was quickly reintroduced but not much just showing team 8 after 3 years. She did join her team and naruto in the itachi pursuit arc, but there wasn't any real development here, even for team 7 this was sasuke's arc. Then came her pain event and its not like the crazy crap shown in ep 166 which was all filler. See something shocking? We didn't know hinata much before her confession and she still remains a largely unknown character who is just infrequent appearing once every 50+ chapters and fans consider this a reason still that just because she loves naruto this means NH should go canon.

Yet 631 made it clear he still loves sakura, he still likes the idea of her as his girlfriend, and if NS was dead, why would kishi be hinting it? Its no suprise many NH fans dropped this but many just otherwise ignored the large portion of NS stuff to begin with.

I mean its not like it was in part 1, but in part 2, NS came in full force even with stuff like her discovering the nine tails, the removal of a jinchurkis tailed beast, the 4 tails event, yamatos words, offering to help feed him ramen after he gave her a morale boost of them both getting closer to sasuke, the hug after the pain stuff, sais reveal, naruto saving her from sasuke, etc.

One in partitular was yamatos words and despite how people dismiss this, it always threw a new question fans should be asking more, how does she feel about naruto since yamato said its how she feels that matters more than the power she can support him with. Fans dismiss this a lot and well due to many events it leads one to wonder what does she feel for him especially since after the land of iron she also has a new view on sasuke, a negative one with mistrust that will like the rest of this stuff lead somewhere.

If anything else, 663 another moment for us and it happened just this year. It wasn't the CPR but the fact she wants him to become hokage, Sakura wants naruto to become hokage and would not allow him to die. In some cases one of her dreams was for his dream to succeed and ironically in this whole situation, sakura going to help naruto was not only a means to get her in the setup right now to be present in the fight with kagyua, it did have its purpose for this scene like again, asking how does she feel about him? This was Sakura acting worried, concerned, about to cry over naruto, the very guy she used to care nothing for, now we get a scene where she is vowing not to let him die and memories of his dream she wants him to succeed in? It didnt help NH fans at all when Hinata was denied any part in this event where the hero needed help at his worst time and in turn it wasn't hinata but Sakura, the heroine and Obito, his former enemy who ended up saving him. But fans kept saying the worst crap you could imagine, made statements like sakura should go to sasuke or will be more torn up on him yet sakura never learned of what happened to sasuke and fans didn't like this, they didn't like how kishi made sakura go with naruto and not hinata even though he could have.

So when naruto met the sage, many NH fans said Hinata will meet kagyua, yet nope, as soon as she came back she was pulled into the genjutsu.

And in the majority of this war, SS had to deal with Sakura not trusting sasuke (still exists as far as we know) and well there was some negative emotional pressue on her from sasuke too. I mean SS fans made a deal of 675 proving she still loves sasuke (defeats the entire purpose of kakashi saying its changed in some way) or that it somehow increased more which just provides even more confusion and doesn't help even address the pre-existing problems with this ship and just the sheer story and character logic it breaks at many areas and just how much inconsistency it generates or otherwise paradoxes. We naturally say it has decreased or has gone into a starting point of decreasing because for all purposes its negative portrayal and its been undeveloped for so long and sakura has changed a lot in regards to naruto and sasuke, she also had events with naruto where she actually did make some events from her to naruto and made them mutual, she has been the only character left leaving people to ask how does she feel about sasuke? She is the only one that in some form has been shown to question her feelings. The whole deal with SS in saying it increased doesnt make it much different from before especially when the author has presented it in such an antagonistic way, it never even impacted sasuke and still doesn't and people still expect he will just suddenly return the feelings when his character never even has a purpose, need, or reason character or plot wise to go loving any other girl, romance for another is not important or even nessessary on sasuke at this point yet fans will make excuses thinking there is, even that he has had hidden feelings for her this whole time which is absolutely bonkers.

It didn't help SS case when Sakura has an uneasy feeling about him right now, even after him not caring about her safety (according to her, naruto saved sakura from madara when sasuke went just to attack but in looked like sasuke may had actually just gone in to slice through her in an effort to reach madara) then inside the sussano during the genjutsu sasuke basically tells her to be quiet she is of no use, this gets naruto mad, then came the ultimate, the biggest deal of all in chapter 680 sasuke himself both states that he didnt intend to save sakura or kakashi from the genjutsu, only that they were close to him and right in the start of this chapter he was willing to let them fall into their deaths in the lava. This is not pro-SS at all, its just bad, Sasuke being an a**hole and just abandoning his comrades, how many times has kakashi brought this up in the series? We know this statement originally from obito was an important resonating one in the series.

This stuff isn't helping SS, for all purposes its negative, it still is in the current situation, sakura still mistrusts him and this just leads me to question how could it have increased more? I mean why all this emotional pressure, why all this uneasiness around him? Why show it as negative if she still does love him? Whats the purpose of this? For sakura to suffer so long for her love it just happens because she waited and believed? Thats just too simple and makes this subplot just use an overly convenient disney style love crap plot, it just happens because its just too stupid for its own good. Its even harder to believe that SS just occurs because Sakura convinently always loved him and that all this change and dynamics with naruto just goes well, nowhere only as friendship.

The biggest flaw with both NH and SS at this point is, no matter how they happen if they do, they are highly underdeveloped and just make not much sense, NH makes more than SS it has a bit of development but SS is otherwise a mess. The biggest deal is, NS is still the most dynamic and changed onscreen even with just friendship and people seriously couldnt question this like why would kishi just use something so underdeveloped with still many unresolved deals and issues where he actually built NS with a lot of content, pacing, interaction, dynamics, and stuff that otherwise has a lot of meaning to make a more intact ending to this romance subplot? It has answered many deals in itself and still has more to answer but NS has had progress and its events have flown from a to b to c all without much issue and its just if kishi is intent on NH and SS he is doing a terrible job because rather than focus on NS if its not going to be canon, why didnt he just use those 2 more, in fact if NS was dead or not going to happen, then why would he hint it? That just makes the coming of NH and SS even stupider if you ask me, it all goes back to well why didnt you build this in the first place? Why not have shown hinata with naruto more, at least given her a battle with him in the war, make sasuke ever regret or have second thoughts about his past with team 7 and what sakura felt for him? Why not have shown naruto rethinking his feelings for sakura rather than show us why he couldnt confess to her? Why even make Kushina like Sakura when he had full choice to make Kushina a shy girl who lacked talent at one point and otherwise had her own family issues? Not give her a background like sakura when she was young, you know phsycial feature she didnt like but a blond guy did, the girl hated the blond guy but over time came to respect them, in kushinas case love minato, but even going further to even state a possible end pairing composed of naruto and a girl like her with many chapters later, her own husband minato comes back and states sakura is like kushina? Kishi did all of this but would just otherwise use NH and SS?

Why show naruto still loving sakura then? Why hint it if it was dead in 469? Why show SS as negative? Why keep Hinata out of the events making her no more frequent even after the 615 stuff, the longer she is out the less chance NH has to even occur and fans still just think both NH and SS will sponatenously occur when this just proves more issues than answers. Fans just hold onto the assumption that NH and SS will occur simply because hinata loves naruto and sakura still loves sasuke, but it needs more than that, it needs reasons that both overcome and outdo the stuff hinted recently and much further in the past with NS.

People say NS died in 469, well naruto still loves sakura. People say 615 made NH canon, well then why is kishi hinting NS if it was dead. People say Sakura will always love sasuke, then why does she feel uneasy right now? That sakura can never change, its funny to think she could never change in releation to sasuke like she did with hating to caring deeply about naruto. In fact every character in one way or another has changed in this story and people expect that in similar cases like how gaara used to be a hate filled monster who wanted to kill others to the point he was a leader many came to respect and believe in even outright forgiving his own father for his misdeeds and attempts to kill him, Gaara got full resolution from hating his own father and others to outright forgiving his and being loved by others. People honestly expect sakura to still be the same with sasuke or just loves him more now despite the conflicts and questions this causes? Its again, saying she loves him more makes so much confusion then how does she love him more, how did she come to love him more, why would kishi be saying this and yet showing it still as some mistrust and negatively? Why hint NS much earlier, its not like this is just 631, this hint started in 504 years before hand so its already ground in the far past. How can we believe she loves him more when again the author has not shown us a reason for it increasing, just constant strife, antagonism, and conflict, nothing ideal or happy. Ever since 635 with this mistrust and recent negative emotional pressure, people still just expect SS to come? It doesn't work that way otherwise things just look so bad, this would literally make SS just overly convinent, overly simple, and just much weaker for it to just happen, espcially when the resulting view so far is that it looks negative, story twists happen, but when you reveal something thats the opposite with no prior reasoning even on the other part of things, in this case sasuke, if he actually did return the feelings, even so suddenly, if he had been either acting or holding them down all along, that would literally make the whole defection from the village a sheer "are you kittening kidding me moment" like why then the murder attempts, why willing to let her and kakashi die? Everything conflicting in SS rendered as a bad moment in their relationship? This is the type of fanfiction crap you see and this is the stuff some people want despite being aware of the problems or not. Its just a mess, this is why sakura loving sasuke more makes little to no sense. Its you say and portray something so long and get it into he heads of the audience and characters only to suddenly make a complete 180, it becomes absurd, this is even worse when we already have many negative SS events and if sasuke suddenly turned happy and good returning the feelings, this makes it much worse because of what happened before.

Yet its too hard for fans to just take 675 as a bit of sakura is falling out of love with sasuke but still sees him as a comrade and isn't going to let him do this dark stuff, that she cannot possibly see him as a simple comrade and friend now who she just wants to help. Its impossible to think she is trying to save him in the same way naruto has all this time now? Apparently this is too hard to imagine like 631.

But thats the fandom for you, NS is fine and well, the others have just gotten uneasy lets say because hinata going missing doesnt help NH and recently from SS, the answers are not as clear as they would want and it may not be what they are hoping for. NS is fine and its been better than ever in recent years. I don't know about you but there is a lot to believe in for NS at this point.

You know now that you mentioned chapt 504 in the manga I do believe that NH and SS fans have overlooked that chapter in a different way! Lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Narusaku, NaruHina

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users