• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

I've seen this too many times by SS and NH fans. They claim he's moved on from her and like to ask when Naruto has ever said that he loves her in the manga.

What are your views on this?

And also..

What if Naruto didn't end up with Sakura or Hinata in the end? If Naruto ended up with a normal village girl, how would you guys feel?

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#2 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

I think they would need to ask something serious questions given what's happened in the manga since team 7 reunited on the field.

Such questions like:

Well what's the meaning of kushinas foreshadow, I mean this had to hint an end pairing so why hint sakura like Kushina, after both the land of iron and 615 occurred?

631 is another case itself not only with naruto considering sakura his girlfriend (least he likes the idea of it by any means) why would he joke in front of his dead father? Yet as any would argue it and make an issue if this moment, how does this even change how sakura is the only girl compared to Kushina so far?

Why does sakura get moments with naruto showing she supports his dream and hinata just trips on a rock and gets caught dreaming about him, what does this solve or set up? I mean given how there may be a hokage based dispute in the future with naruto and Sasuke, doesn't 663 otherwise say something like who sakura is backing if it comes to that?

Why these recent events, with the only one left questioning their love for another, being sakura? Why is Kishi just continually making these moments where she is saddened or gets some negativity from Sasuke? Do they seriously believe it's SS no issues or that perhaps it could cause something else for Sakura's love? Maybe perhaps she could be the one changing?

Finally, where's the proof naruto ever got over sakura, ever moved on? We certainly never got any moments where he was focused on her and said she was set on Sasuke and he accepted it, we never got him focusing more on hinata ever even after both the pain event and 615. I mean even the filler team can make an episode with naruto still saying he loves sakura, after the land of iron, and well fillers cannot conflict with the canon, the anime team has made this clear. This is the whole point for episodes like with that special one where naruto sees utakata when under obitos control even though he was an edo, the deal was, naruto never met ukataka before the war but did in the anime, they had to patch this plot hole up and bring everything into equilibrium plot wise. We never had proof of naruto moving on for sakura, others acted like it or still somehow proclaim he did and is just unknowingly or already in love with hinata despite no focus ever of him moving on from sakura nor getting closure. It's full of holes, really it was easier to assume he forgave sakura and still loves her since the land of iron arc and leaving for the turtle island didn't resolve either his current state with sakura or show if anything changed in regards to hinata, and as expected, not enough happened with hinata to give a good result, but much more has happened with sakura since then,events showing naruto still loves her and she is otherwise more or less turning to him. That's something nh and ss fans never come to a full answer with, unless it involves either excuses, or halfassed attempts to say he did when nothing ever occurred.

Bottom line is naruto still loves sakura and nh fans cannot deal with it, the other is that now, SS is nearly finished and SS fans may not like it. You don't make a pairing occur with one being infrequent to just overtake everything we already saw and the other was you don't show all this negative screentime with one being so uncaring to just make a pairing occur, nh cannot occur if it keeps going MIA and SS just breaks all logic at this point when people keep insisting it will occur when it's just negative again and again. Ns has proof and progress though, that's all to say, the proof is in the pudding or in this case, the ink it's been drawn and written in,

Edited by Inferno180, 16 June 2014 - 09:40 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#3 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

He loves Sasuke, sorry Sakura-chan.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#4 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

He loves Sasuke, sorry Sakura-chan.

Dude seriously you just stole my response. :wink:

Now for Naruto doesn't love Sakura anymore, all I have to say it's true. Actually he never did love her. It was all our imagination. We keep lying to yourselves. Pun intended. :P

I hate this argument so much. It's just a nonsensical argument. Anyone who says Naruto doesn't love Sakura anymore or never did love her should be instantly ignored.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#5 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

That saying has pretty much turned into to, "if I say it long enough, it will magically come true:D"

That's pretty much how I view it when NH and SS repeat that line over and over again ...xD

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#6 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

Recently people have become pessimistic without valid reasons.

Of course, Naruto will end up with Ayame, the girl who works with her father at Ichiraku. Why? Because Naruto's passionate devotion to ramen is unconditional and goes without saying. 

Naruto doesn't love Sakura, he only worships the ground she walks, can't help risking his life for her, always tries to make Sakura smile, feels sadness when she is distressed and happiness when she is content, while Sakura's every friendly jesture towards him turns Naruto into a little orphan who just received his special Christmas gift. No, he can't possibly love her because this one word can't fully describe Naruto's feelings. And that's how I'd answer if anyone bothered me with that kind of argument.

Edited by Syn11, 16 June 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#7 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

"Naruto doesn't love Sakura. He's never said it so it has to be true. Hinata confessed, remember! And Naruto rejected the NS confession! Forget his expression when she said she loved him or how Naruto's reasons for rejecting it had nothing to do with Hinata's feelings for him in Sakura's confession. And the gf comment doesn't count. It was just a joke even though Hinata was right in earshot and he still said it."

LOL.  I particularly love it when they try to turn 631 and 469-470 as proof Naruto doesn't like/love Sakura when those are actually the strongest evidence of the opposite. :lol:

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 17 June 2014 - 01:55 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#8 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

Naruto doesn't have to announce his love for Sakura every second of the manga to make it true. Actions speak louder than words.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#9 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

True. He does not love her anymore. And he has not told he loves her outright.

- He has only told he likes her a lot as soon as chapter 3.

- He has only told Sai he can not confess his feelings to her because he can not keep his promises.

- He has only told his father she is his girlfriend after a fashion (by the way, I have checked the Spanish official translation and it uses that exact wording. Minato asks if she is his girlfriend and that is Naruto's answer. So that should kill the "The fantranslation was wrong! They did not say that!" arguments)

Anyway those debates are ridiculous. Everybody knows NaruRamen has been canon since the first chapter.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#10 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Loving a girl for close to 700(maybe) chapters only to get over her in the last arc. Wow! I mean just wow! NH and SS fans do have some logic over there  :goodjob:

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#11 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

He loves Sakura. Naruto isn't going to make a melody for his love for Sakura in every chapter. Some don't want to read it how truly is it cause they ship another pairing.

Edited by Sakura~, 17 June 2014 - 10:39 AM.

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#12 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

As I said in another thread, the focus in this story isn't pairings or romance. It's mainly action. So naturally any pairings aren't going to show up in every chapter. The plot isn't based on pairings, it isn't that kind of manga.

On that vein, technically Naruto doesn't have to end up with anybody.

But anyway, if people are claiming that Naruto has moved on, what's their argument? Because I don't at all see Naruto as having moved on.

But in order to get a more fair examination of this argument, I'd have to see exactly what evidence those making this claim have to support it.

To the second question:

I don't see how that would make much sense. Normally in fiction you are shown character development before a character gets into a relationship, at least if it's a main character. Him just randomly having a girlfriend with someone he's barely interacted with or that we as readers don't even know would not make sense IMO.

And it be a pretty big troll move on Kishi's part. lol Have to say it would be fun to see people's reactions if that did happen.

I could possibly see Naruto ending up single, though with the character development he has I DON'T see that as the most likely scenario.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 18 June 2014 - 03:37 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

Then they do not know this series at all and how it treats romantic resolution like a nuclear bomb.  :glare: Anyway, my sarcasm (and cynicism) aside It's true nothing has been resolved yet so no one gets to make that call if no-one else has moved on from their feelings. And if they think that Naruto only moved on because he's not gushy with Sakura, like How Hinata is with him, then that only proves how strong their bond is and how his feelings have matured. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 June 2014 - 11:04 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#14 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

I think it's dumb that people assume that if Naruto doesn't get to be with Sakura, Hinata is the the next clear choice...I mean... What? Since when?

I think he would rather have Ino or Even Karin then Hinata, they at least have a feisty side he seems to be turned on by. Hinata is just...not his type. Sweet girl, and i like her a lot....but I see her more with Neji(if he lived) or Kiba...Shino has a calm nature that could get along with her, but the whole bug thing turns a lot of girls off sadly ...xD poor Shino..xD

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#15 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

I think they say that because Naruto's character isn't as romance-oriented as the girls and their crushes. Kishimoto really overdoes love in a lot of his female characters with romantic interests; Karin, Hinata, even Sakura. If you compare them to Naruto and how he doesn't constantly have moments that tie to romance, it's easy to forget he actually has it. For example, if I never saw Sakura's confession, the PoaL, and Sai's flashback, I probably wouldn't think Naruto loves anyone. Notice how far most of the gaps are between them.

However, the fact that they ignore those telling moments and the magnitude (particularly NH fans) just shows they're being biased. Maybe Naruto doesn't often give away how serious his feelings are for Sakura, but those moments like the three I listed are still too powerful to still try and deny it.

I do think Kishi could've executed Naruto's love for Sakura better by bringing it up more than he does (instead of it always being overshadowed by his Sasuke obsession), but since this manga's about a bro-rivalry, I can slightly understand it. Naruto does love Sakura most definitely though, even if it could have just a tiny bit more relevance.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 20 June 2014 - 02:35 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#16 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:51 AM

Eh...Is this thread necessary?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#17 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

I saw this idea everywhere around the web, especially it's said by NaruHina and SasuSaku fans.
Of course, it's serving their interests...

Really, I think even a 10 year old (impartial) child could see that Naruto loves her since the beginning.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#18 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

When exactly was Naruto supposed to stop loving Sakura?

Atleast with Sakura it took multiple murder attempts for her to fall out of love what exactly does Naruto have? A confession that is confirmed to be honest stated by some to be a lie said by someone who he loves in order to protect him? Not quite the same.

Edited by Pepsi, 21 June 2014 - 03:05 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#19 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

fypo5f.jpg

2ivn2tv.jpg

#20 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

He loves Sakura-Chan and he always will no matter what .

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NaruSaku

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users